Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288181 times)

Julard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:59 PM »
Braces.  Though may be prepared to convince myself that it's not entirely stupid. Will wait and see what the quote is...

Mattzlaff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2017, 12:05:59 AM »
New motorcycle, one of my two hobbies that cost some change, but gotta have your vices right?

Always wanted a HD street glide. Bought something cheaper at first to see if I actually liked biking. Been doing a lot more travel on it and the comfort/wind level is getting to me.

Price always slaps me back into reality and that I can completely mile out my bike first before buying a new one.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2017, 12:06:54 AM »
Braces.  Though may be prepared to convince myself that it's not entirely stupid. Will wait and see what the quote is...
Ooh, I did this in my early thirties and it cost 3k. DH did it when he was 52 and it cost 8k!!! I had fancy-schmancy ceramic ones and he just had basic metal glue-ons. I do not regret a penny of it. To this day, I'm so glad I did it, and so is DH.

If aligning your teeth so they wear correctly isn't smart and money saving in the long term, I don't know what is.

Two tips: make sure the price quoted includes everything, including final X-rays and retainers (#askmehowiknow).

Once you have an everything quote, see if you can get a discount by paying cash up front. They almost always knock off at least 10%.

Bonus tip: Don't let yourself be pushed into anything. My SIL is from China. She wants her kid to have perfect "American" teeth (her words, not mine). She took him to an orthodontist for an evaluation and they slapped braces on him on the spot. WTF? Kind of hard to get a second opinion after they're on.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »
New motorcycle, one of my two hobbies that cost some change, but gotta have your vices right?

Always wanted a HD street glide. Bought something cheaper at first to see if I actually liked biking. Been doing a lot more travel on it and the comfort/wind level is getting to me.

Price always slaps me back into reality and that I can completely mile out my bike first before buying a new one.

The nice thing about H-D is that there are always plenty of nice-low milage ones floating around for cheap.

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »
Fat Bike.  I have 2 bikes, and almost never take my mountain bike off the city streets.  But I want one.

New transmission for my truck is taking precedent.  And a Disneyland trip.  A few face punches are probably in order.

Disneyland is having a sale on tickets right now.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Disneyland-Deal-SoCal-Resident-ParkHopper-150-Dollars-410185675.html

Not sure if you are a so cal resident?  Maybe someone can help you out.
Not helpful in my case, but thank you.  As cheesy as it is, and as much of a full on raging touron trap as it is, it is one thing we plan for on about a yearly basis.  Got engaged there, honeymooned there, and do 5 days in the park about annually.  Not worth the money for sure, but it is a family tradition and vastly cheaper than a divorce lawyer.

Truck came back with a $4800 quote for a rebuilt transmission.  Ouch.  At 15 years old, it might it is probably going "up state" to retire to a nice "farm".  Got to call around for more quotes before I call it.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:30 PM »
Not sure if stupid or not but Lasik. I have a consultation next Friday. Sick of glasses and contacts. I'm just afraid of sticker shock once I get the quote. My insurance pays 85 % of the bill so who knows. maybe it's something I will actually get done. Long term it might be cheaper than buying frames, contacts.

snogirl

• Bristles
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »
It's very strange.   I'm getting a urge to buy one of these to replace my 13 year old Tacoma.    Whenever I think about the cost, the urge disappears though.

Drooling....Add this to my list

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2017, 09:42:59 PM »
Not sure if stupid or not but Lasik. I have a consultation next Friday. Sick of glasses and contacts. I'm just afraid of sticker shock once I get the quote. My insurance pays 85 % of the bill so who knows. maybe it's something I will actually get done. Long term it might be cheaper than buying frames, contacts.
Wow! That's awesome that your insurance pays so much. Not sure what you're paying for contacts, but with such good coverage, you could easily come out ahead in the long run. The other thing to consider is that results tend to be better the younger you are when you have the surgery, so why wait? Unless you're in hair on fire debt, I'd totally recommend you do this.

Stachless

• Stubble
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »

Not stupid at all and I hope you do it!  I did it back in 1997 for roughly $4k and it was BY FAR the best money I've ever spent.  There are very few things in this world for sale that can make that much of a difference in your every day life.  Good luck!!

Mattzlaff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2017, 09:50:58 PM »

A couple of my friends have done lasik they are huge advocates of it and say anyone who can afford it or who have kick ass health plans should do it. I have not done for lack of the need to, but I heard they have a few different costs for treatments and from what I have heard is you really get what you pay for. So go for broke, especially if your employer covers 85%. It's a life improvement for a few $ and a couple days in the dark.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #410 on: January 20, 2017, 12:31:59 AM »
It's very strange.   I'm getting a urge to buy one of these to replace my 13 year old Tacoma.    Whenever I think about the cost, the urge disappears though.

Right? I've got a '95 that could use some replacing, all of a sudden...

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #411 on: January 20, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
Wow! That's awesome that your insurance pays so much. Not sure what you're paying for contacts, but with such good coverage, you could easily come out ahead in the long run. The other thing to consider is that results tend to be better the younger you are when you have the surgery, so why wait? Unless you're in hair on fire debt, I'd totally recommend you do this.

Yeah I couldn't believe it was that much either ! I'm excited to see how it goes next Friday. I'm 35 so I think now is a great time. Last eye appointment I was told my eyes are in healthy shape for my age and I would be a good candidate.

As of a couple months I'm completely debt free !

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #412 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »

Not stupid at all and I hope you do it!  I did it back in 1997 for roughly $4k and it was BY FAR the best money I've ever spent.  There are very few things in this world for sale that can make that much of a difference in your every day life.  Good luck!!

Awesome to hear ! I've heard how great it can be. The idea of being able to run(or do anything active mind you) and not have to worry about my spectacles sounds so great ! I'm a gear head, ride motorcycles and the idea of no glasses sounds almost too good to be true lol.

Pumped for this Friday !

MightyAl

• Stubble
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »

The one thing that I said and every other person that I know that has had Lasik is "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

At the end of the day it is worth the cost.

Kaybee

• Stubble
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
What am I lusting after right now???  Art.  I would live in art museums/galleries if it was allowed and I've recently fallen in love with a few pieces from contemporary artists.  Please note "contemporary" is unfortunately not the same as "starving, desperate and selling their work for pennies". :(  There's a landscape I want that's aprx $3000, a piece in France that is aprx $2200 and some smaller "studies" by various artists that range between $200-$500 (but are only roughly 9x9").

The artist of the landscape is new to me but I have been following the other artists for awhile now...I stalk their websites, follow them on IG,  stay in contact with them and vaguely keep track of the commissions and exhibitions they do (private vs. corporate, size, frequency).  I know that ultimately you don't buy art as an investment but if I love the work of two artists and one of them is definitely getting more attention/critical acclaim, that's the one I'm going to buy pieces from....I'm trying to be smart about it I guess.

I don't think its Mustachian but *swoon*.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »

Might wanna wait until the figure out some build issues. Especially with the trans.
http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Tacoma/2016/

I test drove one. Seemed to be typical toyata - well built and I had no issues with the trans during test drive but apparently there are issues popping up.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2016-6-cylinder-6-speed-automatic-erratic-shifting-and-drivability-problems.401475/

I'm sure Toyota will fix it...just how long it takes is the main concern.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »

Might wanna wait until the figure out some build issues. Especially with the trans.

I test drove one. Seemed to be typical toyata - well built and I had no issues with the trans during test drive but apparently there are issues popping up.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2016-6-cylinder-6-speed-automatic-erratic-shifting-and-drivability-problems.401475/

Frankly, I don't see the appeal. The thing doesn't even have a real bed on it.  What is that, four feet square?

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
It's pouring outside and extremely cold right now, and all I want is an all you can eat KBBQ feast + tons of alcohol that's probably going to run me a minimum of forty bucks.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

Frankly, I don't see the appeal. The thing doesn't even have a real bed on it.  What is that, four feet square?
[/quote]

Me neither...

My ranger has a 6 ft bed, gets 23 mpg combined and can do all truck type stuff that I need. I can't tow crap but that's ok I don't tow anything with the ranger. I will borrow one of my friends diesel trucks if that need ever arises.

Now having a single cab mid size pickup is starting to wear on me. I don't have kids or plan on kids but a little more room would be nice.

The new ridgeline is all the truck I will ever need! I just don't want a car payment again haha.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »

Meh, I'd get a trailer. Still more usable in that respect  than something like a Fit.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #420 on: January 20, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »

Meh, I'd get a trailer. Still more usable in that respect  than something like a Fit.

Oh I have a truck, don't give me wrong. I just made sure to get one with an 8 foot bed.

snogirl

• Bristles
« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2017, 01:37:11 PM »
Hmmm I've driven a Toyota truck since 1987. Every single one I drove the snot out of... 250+k and still was able to sell it with folks handing me fistfuls of cash. Every single one. 1990. 1995. 2006 now 2013. The first two had 6' beds. My last two I opted 4' beds which have been part of my side gig making me $$$ while FIRE.  Spent nothing except oil changes & routine maintenance in 26 years. The SB's are easy to park & maneuver on technical trail heads in the White & Green Mountains of NH/VT. Additionally I have a Sur-trac landscape trailer for larger equipment for who wants to lift a refrigerator or garden tractor into and out a bed?  So easy on the back & makes $$$!
As far as the Turd Gens (pun intended) like the one pictured yes some trans and erratic shifting. That's because Toyota shoved a van engine into its new chassis to meet new EPA requirements. Plus they are no longer made in Japan, unlike the 4Runner.  Which in all honesty, would be what I lust over (and never consider buying) for my 2013 still has 300k in her.
They are not for everybody I get that here but to scoff at its appeal & bed side you will never find a better resale truck ever. There is no Mid size that can touch it unless Ford brings back the Ranger. Honda looks  Nice but not for me.

PS I hate quoting with Tapatalk

The 4 ' bed making me monies....

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:46:54 PM by snogirl »

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #422 on: January 20, 2017, 01:48:09 PM »
Snogirl, might wanna hide your license plate in the photo =) Dunno how concerned you are with online security, just figured i'd mention it if you hadn't noticed.

snogirl

• Bristles
« Reply #423 on: January 20, 2017, 01:57:14 PM »
Snogirl, might wanna hide your license plate in the photo =) Dunno how concerned you are with online security, just figured i'd mention it if you hadn't noticed.
I'm not thanks for you concern

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »
I have been drooling over a 4 point lift with  a sliding jack for about 2 years now.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000-EXT-Two-Atlas-RJ-35s

It would make changing brakes, and tire rotations take almost no time at all.  Plus it would protect my back. 

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
I prefer the short box, but it depends what you use it for.   it's actually a 5' bed.   

It was big enough for all our camping stuff when the kids were little.   It's just barely long enough to haul lumber for small renovation projects.  It fits my 202 cm skiis, which are longer than you'd buy these days.    I can stuff 2 bikes in the back if I'm patient.   And it's a bit more maneuverable than the 6' bed, let alone a crew cab with an 8' bed.    And with a cap, it's easy to carry 2 canoes on top along with 3 passengers and all our gear.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »

Yeah I couldn't believe it was that much either ! I'm excited to see how it goes next Friday. I'm 35 so I think now is a great time. Last eye appointment I was told my eyes are in healthy shape for my age and I would be a good candidate.

As of a couple months I'm completely debt free !
Do it! Do it! Do it!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2017, 02:21:29 AM »
I have been drooling over a 4 point lift with  a sliding jack for about 2 years now.

It would make changing brakes, and tire rotations take almost no time at all.  Plus it would protect my back.

How does that help with brakes? Doesn't it still rest on the wheels?

What am I lusting after right now???  Art.  I would live in art museums/galleries if it was allowed and I've recently fallen in love with a few pieces from contemporary artists.  Please note "contemporary" is unfortunately not the same as "starving, desperate and selling their work for pennies". :(  There's a landscape I want that's aprx $3000, a piece in France that is aprx $2200 and some smaller "studies" by various artists that range between $200-$500 (but are only roughly 9x9").

The artist of the landscape is new to me but I have been following the other artists for awhile now...I stalk their websites, follow them on IG,  stay in contact with them and vaguely keep track of the commissions and exhibitions they do (private vs. corporate, size, frequency).  I know that ultimately you don't buy art as an investment but if I love the work of two artists and one of them is definitely getting more attention/critical acclaim, that's the one I'm going to buy pieces from....I'm trying to be smart about it I guess.

Do you have links?  Curious what a few thousand gets you these days.  I promise I won't buy it out from under you and sell it back at a 50% markup in a couple years.

bownyboy

• Stubble
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »
This.

I love photography, been taking photos since I was 7. My DSLR died a few years ago and have just used iPhone since then, which is fine most of the time, but I lust after this as my carry around camera. BUT its £1,250!!

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »
I'm a total sucker for electronics. Need proof? How about this ridiculous want list:

New Galaxy S5 (new old stock is on ebay for around $220). I'm currently using a Galaxy S2.

A Vitamix blender. $400 to $500.

Sonicare diamond toothbrush. $100.

FLIR camera. Very cool way to see leaky pipes, roof leaks, and bad insulation in your house. About $500.

Security cam system. The ones I want run around $1,500.

New LED motion detection porch lights for my house. About $80 each.

Medium to high end desktop computer and monitor to replace my 8 year old much upgraded and repaired Dell. About $2,000.

A Geiger counter. About $500. Yes, a Geiger counter. Face punch me.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #430 on: January 22, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »
I'm a total sucker for electronics. Need proof? How about this ridiculous want list:

New Galaxy S5 (new old stock is on ebay for around $220). I'm currently using a Galaxy S2.

FLIR camera. Very cool way to see leaky pipes, roof leaks, and bad insulation in your house. About $500.

Medium to high end desktop computer and monitor to replace my 8 year old much upgraded and repaired Dell. About $2,000.

I'm not sure about Vitamix, but you can sometimes get refurbished BlendTec blenders in the low/mid 200's. Still a lot for a blender, but they're awesome...

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #431 on: January 22, 2017, 08:06:47 AM »

How does that help with brakes? Doesn't it still rest on the wheels?

Do you have links?  Curious what a few thousand gets you these days.  I promise I won't buy it out from under you and sell it back at a 50% markup in a couple years.

Yes it helps with breaks because those to lifts can bring the car up off the wheels. It is the best of two options. It is a 4 point lift that also allow you to bring the tires off the ground.  With this I can rotate my tires in less than the time it would take me to get to the shop and back.

RysChristensen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »
A 2017 Toyota Sienna, with AWD as a work vehicle. ...the 1993 Previa has low(ish) mileage but getting parts, oh what a pain in the ass!

Pulled the trigger on a 2007 Sienna yesterday, 123k miles. Should be good for at least another 100k. Now to sell the Previa as a parts car... :( I'm going to miss that Beast (but not the recently developed engine coolant seep-turned-drip for which there is no replacement part).

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #433 on: January 22, 2017, 02:50:58 PM »

Yes it helps with breaks because those to lifts can bring the car up off the wheels. It is the best of two options. It is a 4 point lift that also allow you to bring the tires off the ground.  With this I can rotate my tires in less than the time it would take me to get to the shop and back.

In your photo the wheels are definitely resting on the lift

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #434 on: January 22, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

I'm not sure about Vitamix, but you can sometimes get refurbished BlendTec blenders in the low/mid 200's. Still a lot for a blender, but they're awesome...
Not that I'm enabling or anything, but Costco sells Vitamix Blenders. Maybe if you have a rebate coming soon??

forumname123

• Stubble
« Reply #435 on: January 22, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »

Go for the Sonicare, but skip the Diamond Clean version - it's overpriced based on sleek design and cool new charging methods, but the functionality stinks (only 1 button). If you have a spouse or someone you can split with, go for the 2 pack they have at Costco for ~$100. I'm pretty happy with that purchase so far and am convinced it will save me money in the long run.

golfreak12

• Bristles
« Reply #436 on: January 22, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »

Holy cow welcomed to 2014. GS8 is about to come out and you're lusting over a GS5 ??
Couldn't you lust over something more recent ??

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #437 on: January 22, 2017, 10:27:05 PM »
A Chase Sapphire Reserve. Having opened 15 cards in the past 24 months, I will delay gratification until April 2018, when there will be more interesting things to apply for.

Is it common to get approved for so many cards within a 2 year period?  I'd think many banks would decline?

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #438 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »
This.

I love photography, been taking photos since I was 7. My DSLR died a few years ago and have just used iPhone since then, which is fine most of the time, but I lust after this as my carry around camera. BUT its £1,250!!

What model is it?

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #439 on: January 22, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »
Ooh, I did this in my early thirties and it cost 3k. DH did it when he was 52 and it cost 8k!!! I had fancy-schmancy ceramic ones and he just had basic metal glue-ons. I do not regret a penny of it. To this day, I'm so glad I did it, and so is DH.

If aligning your teeth so they wear correctly isn't smart and money saving in the long term, I don't know what is.

Two tips: make sure the price quoted includes everything, including final X-rays and retainers (#askmehowiknow).

Once you have an everything quote, see if you can get a discount by paying cash up front. They almost always knock off at least 10%.

Bonus tip: Don't let yourself be pushed into anything. My SIL is from China. She wants her kid to have perfect "American" teeth (her words, not mine). She took him to an orthodontist for an evaluation and they slapped braces on him on the spot. WTF? Kind of hard to get a second opinion after they're on.

I'm also looking at getting braces.  About to be 38 and I've wanted them since like I don't know...12?  I just want to (1) have a normal, healthy bite, and (2) be able to smile!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #440 on: January 23, 2017, 01:17:38 AM »

I'm also looking at getting braces.  About to be 38 and I've wanted them since like I don't know...12?  I just want to (1) have a normal, healthy bite, and (2) be able to smile!
Ha! Since posting this, I have run into an acquaintance twice (once at Costco, once at the Women's March). She has just gotten Invisalign braces. She's probably in her mid-sixties. Hooray for her. My vote is to go for it! It was worth every penny to me.

CanaDuh

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #441 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:41 AM »
Hello -

I work in a mall, but am largely desensitised to the frivolous spending I see rum rampant daily - in fact, it generally makes me feel bad for people, rather than wishing I was in their shoes.

In the mall I work at is an actual art gallery - it's small, but sells 'real' art as I used to call it as a kid - the sort of art that you'd see in a museum, rather than a mall. I mean, there are some kitschy pieces with hockey players and the like, and a lot of those .. sexy olives? by that one fellow with the coffee table book of .. sexy olives? but they're also the local point of sale for my absolute favourite painter - Fabio Napoleoni.

He comes at least once a year to sign pieces and there's always sales on his stuff when he's about to come, or is there - and some limited edition pieces available only when he's there, etc. I adore them, and will have a few pieces of his art in my home when I have one that I'm not renting - but some of his smaller pieces cost my monthly rent, and the larger ones.. well, let's say I will probably never buy one of those, I'd browbeat myself every time I saw it.

I make a point of not walking past the gallery when I go to and from work - lest I break down and buy one when it's on sale for some reason or another. But boy howdy, do I want one of those. Or two. Or five.

Regards,

SuperMex

• Stubble
« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2017, 02:28:13 AM »
A Rolex

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:30:20 AM by SuperMex »

Tris Prior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #443 on: January 23, 2017, 08:10:33 AM »
I really want a nice new heavy super-duper winter parka. I have one already. It is about 15 years old, HUGE and pouffy, visually adds at least 50 lbs. and I have to sit all hunched over on the train so that it doesn't touch the people sitting next to me. I feel hideous in this thing. But it functions just fine and is still in good shape so I am dealing with looking enormous and ugly every day. (at least we're having a mild weather spell so I've been able to forego it for a couple of weeks.)

I also want a Women's March on Chicago T-shirt. (I attended.) I already have way too many T-shirts.

I want a new macbook since mine is 9 years old and constantly beachballing.

bownyboy

• Stubble
« Reply #444 on: January 23, 2017, 09:29:02 AM »
This.

What model is it?

Its the new Fuji X100F, the fourth generation of the X100 camera based on the old range finder cameras of yesteryear, all metal body, lots of lovely manual buttons with a great lense and fantastic picture quality.

jms493

• Stubble
« Reply #445 on: January 23, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »
I know...so dumb but ugh...

Kaybee

• Stubble
« Reply #446 on: January 23, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »

LuigilaFerla.com I love his mosaics but am not a huge fan of his paintings (lol, he already knows this).  His pieces "Pina", "La reponse est dans la question" et "J'ai la chance d'habiter a Paris" are all roughly $2k (CDN, after I did the conversion from Euros) IIRC.  I like some of his other stuff but don't remember the prices off hand.  He's done exhibitions but most of his sales are through his studio space at the artist co-op, 59 Rivoli (if you like contemporary art and are in Paris, you MUST check this place out).  I'm 99% sure I'm flying back to Paris for a few days in March to throw money at this man.

Shannon Craig Morphew is the artist I don't know much about yet but her work kept catching my eye as I passed by a nearby gallery.  I love her style. http://www.lochgallery.com/artist/shannon-craig-morphew   I appear to have misread the prices at the local gallery (lol, I'll break down and get myself those reading glasses I've been told I need) but I want to check out her pieces at the other locations before making any decisions.

lol, this talk about art is getting me all hot and bothered.  At least I'm a *cultured* type of crazy, right?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #447 on: January 23, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »
A Chase Sapphire Reserve. Having opened 15 cards in the past 24 months, I will delay gratification until April 2018, when there will be more interesting things to apply for.

Is it common to get approved for so many cards within a 2 year period?  I'd think many banks would decline?

Chase is the only bank that seems to care.

Jags4186

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »
I want a complete Sonos system--Sound Bar, Sub, two satellite Play 5s and a 70" UHD TV.

TabbyCat

• Stubble
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:53 PM »
Rugs. We don't need rugs. We have carpet. But rugs.com is having a really good sale and it would be a great way to add color. But it's still pretty stupid.