Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288330 times)

TightFistedScot

• Stubble
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2016, 07:20:54 AM »
Always lusting after an Audi R8 - likely will never become a reality, though who knows what my 40s/50s will bring.

Will likely make a used Audi A3 happen at some point when I need a car again, though I don't like the new sedan styles. I prefer the older hatchbacks. And of course lots of customization like 19 or 20" rims, tint, matte wrap.

GoingConcern

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
Tesla Model X but I can't justify spending 30% of my net worth on a car.

Maybe I'll get the Model 3 in a few years if the reviews are good.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »

Just saw a modified Model X outside of my work. It had some big fancy wheels on it and a really loud stereo. It looked terrible with those wagon wheels lol.

Save your money , 5-10 yrs from now that cool new fancy tech will be cheap when (hopefully) 300 miles to charge is the norm.

Chevy bolt is an awesome drive BTW. Was able to test drive one with some of my fancy automotive journalist friends. Really nice vehicle for the price. Lots of pickup / instant torque as well !

What I'm currently lusting after is a 2016 Miata club - ugh... such a great little roadster. Fiance is on board and wants me to buy what makes me happy. I'm still having doubts, I could purchase a used one for just around 20k right now. Do I wan to though? Meh...it's a big time lust that is for sure !

Who knows what silly automotive pursuits I will want next week.

GoingConcern

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03:49 PM »

Just saw a modified Model X outside of my work. It had some big fancy wheels on it and a really loud stereo. It looked terrible with those wagon wheels lol.

Save your money , 5-10 yrs from now that cool new fancy tech will be cheap when (hopefully) 300 miles to charge is the norm.

Chevy bolt is an awesome drive BTW. Was able to test drive one with some of my fancy automotive journalist friends. Really nice vehicle for the price. Lots of pickup / instant torque as well !

What I'm currently lusting after is a 2016 Miata club - ugh... such a great little roadster. Fiance is on board and wants me to buy what makes me happy. I'm still having doubts, I could purchase a used one for just around 20k right now. Do I wan to though? Meh...it's a big time lust that is for sure !

Who knows what silly automotive pursuits I will want next week.

Yeah I agree with technological advancement and mass production the prices for these cars will decrease.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:51:55 PM by GoingConcern »

ooeei

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »
A racing FPS quadcopter.  Saw a few youtube videos, and it looks too fun.  Most people DIY them as well, so that'd be cool.  I bought a little tiny drone off Amazon to fly around the living room to see what it's like.  In case you're wondering, not easy.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2016, 02:36:51 PM »

This. Both of my family's current cars are 10 years old. I'm really hoping we can keep both/at least one in working condition until there are some great 300+ miles per charge, fast DC charging (200+ miles of range per 30 minutes of 'fast' charging at superchargers) EVs that come in at $30k or less.

The Bolt has been getting great reviews and seems pretty good, but this article perfectly describes its one major flaw- the 'fast charging' isn't fast enough to be practical. While good enough for 99% of trips, it's so close to being perfect that it's annoying they didn't opt to add a faster charging hardware/regime/system as an add-on option.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2016, 03:49:29 PM »

This. Both of my family's current cars are 10 years old. I'm really hoping we can keep both/at least one in working condition until there are some great 300+ miles per charge, fast DC charging (200+ miles of range per 30 minutes of 'fast' charging at superchargers) EVs that come in at $30k or less.

The Bolt has been getting great reviews and seems pretty good, but this article perfectly describes its one major flaw- the 'fast charging' isn't fast enough to be practical. While good enough for 99% of trips, it's so close to being perfect that it's annoying they didn't opt to add a faster charging hardware/regime/system as an add-on option.

Interesting article ! Wonder if they just missed the fast charge option or they couldn't package it and still come in at the 30k or less price point. Or maybe they didn't want to completely kill their own completion - i.e - the volt lol.

Give it time. Next gen bolt (hopefully) will resolve this.

I wish I could just see what our world looks like 100 years from now. Just a little glimpse. I don't need to know my future or anyone else but just the tech advancing only 5-10 yrs from now is exciting enough !

Once super capacitors become standard tech / cheap enough. Graphene tech, solar, etc are super cheap. I see most manufactures going to ev vehicles that get at least 300 e miles to a tank. 

Hopefully we are not cluttering up this thread with or ev geek talk lol

HenryDavid

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
Flying business class whenever I fly someplace next.
Would never ever pay for this. But sometimes wish someone would just make it happen . . .

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #308 on: December 18, 2016, 08:45:39 AM »
I have been following this thread for a month since it started.
 Can't say I've come up with anything anything particular that
I'm lusting for.
 I do want to go to the "Consumer Electronics Show" in Las Vegas.
So, in that effort I will look for a CC with sky miles and see if I can get
enough points for a flight to Las Vegas in Jan 2018.
I heard someone walked 17 miles walked through the venue last year.
 Also need to hookup with a vendor that can get me tickets to the event.
 I went once about 33 years ago. It was fun then.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
I'm lusting for.

I went to best buy recently, one of the first times I've gone into an electronics store in a long time.  It felt like I was at CES with all the new products on the shelves.  I mean, I vaguely knew those types of products existed from being on the internet, but somehow it felt like I was in the future.  It doesn't make sense, but I was expecting like fax machines and 28.8k modems.

RunningintoFI

• Stubble
  • Paid to optimize. Love not to.
« Reply #310 on: December 18, 2016, 05:21:03 PM »
I don't know if this is stupid or even lustful, but I would be extremely happy if 2017 was much better than 2016 has been.  I'd pay at least a nickle for next year to be even marginal levels of improvement over this year.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2016, 08:23:14 PM »
I don't know if this is stupid or even lustful, but I would be extremely happy if 2017 was much better than 2016 has been.  I'd pay at least a nickle for next year to be even marginal levels of improvement over this year.

I've heard this over and over recently, from family, friends and colleagues. 2016 seems to have been hard on a lot of people.

Here's hoping 2017 is brighter for you.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »

100% this. 2016 is a year I can't forget fast enough. Great for me personally for buckling down in mustachianism, but that's about it.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »
Flying business class whenever I fly someplace next.
Would never ever pay for this. But sometimes wish someone would just make it happen . . .

A woman flying business class with Qantas was just served this.

Just trying to make you feel better...

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #314 on: December 19, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »
Has anyone else pulled the trigger?

I am lusting after a fine arts certificate through the local university's extension program.  Totally useless because I will never pursue a career in fine arts but I am lusting for an academic experience with the arts.  I enrolled effective January 2017, it will take me 5 years to complete, taking one class per semester, and about $10k total cost for tuition, books, and supplies.  Un-mustachian, but as hobbies go, probably not so terrible?

Counting_Down

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »
A stupid expensive house.  Just had to get that out there.  We've gone to see it twice now.  Somebody with sense, quick!

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2016, 02:43:01 PM »
Nice wood or faux-wood blinds throughout my house, to replace the perfectly serviceable but not nice looking cheap metal mini-blinds. I keep telling myself I already have blinds, and they work fine. But the nice ones would just make the house look a little more upscale and classy. They're even pretty cheap now at JC Penney, but I have a ten-room house, so it would add up. I feel silly for wanting them.

I think if you value beauty, it's OK to spend money on it. I mean your house is theoretically where you spend a lot of time and where you should feel happy and comfortable. Some people don't care much about aesthetics or their physical environment (my husband) and for some people it really matters and their surroundings affect their mood (me!).  I am very, very slowly replacing our furniture with items I actually like, and little by little, I feel better and better in my home.*

So I'm not encouraging you to spend money, but at least don't feel silly about wanting beauty around you.

*I also have ugly metal blinds I'd like to replace as well, but I'm in a rental.  Someday, sigh. For now, I'm working on getting curtains I like so I can just take down the ugly but practical blinds.

mannerv

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »
A Patek Philippe Calatrava, for sure. North of 120 000 dollars for the model I am looking at.

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »
I'm lusting for.

Do you have a Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA?  I got one last month that came with 40,000 bonus miles on Southwest:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/cardP

It has an annual fee of $100 but also gives 6,000 points/year, roughly $90 worth of flights/year after the initial bonus.  Only $1000 spend needed in 3 months after getting the card is needed to qualify for the 40000 mile bonus (equivalent to about $600 in airfare). 

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread.

Palindrome

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »
A guy who may or may not be gay.

radtek2112

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2016, 07:12:53 PM »
Lusting after a new triathlon bike.  I have one that works.  I want an all carbon bike. 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
A Patek Philippe Calatrava, for sure. North of 120 000 dollars for the model I am looking at.

I'll take one too

RysChristensen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »
A 2017 Toyota Sienna, with AWD as a work vehicle. Their 0% APR ads are following me around. Only $30K! *sigh* Plus annual car tax and a not so nice bump in insurance. But damn it, the 1993 Previa has low(ish) mileage but getting parts, oh what a pain in the ass! I'd be just as happy with a 2013 Sienna, but they cost about the same as a brand new one (wtf?). So I'll make my new starter worth the money and cry over my white trash sliding door handle wire pull that worked for 24 hours while I open the front door to reach in and open the slider 20+ times a day... while putting money aside for a ~2004 Sienna when the Previa finally blows a critical and unreplaceable part.

Oh, and a submeter GPS

Edit: and yes, 2016 sucked. Improvements for 2017 please. And a brain for the youngest OCD PITA dog before I strangle her.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:39:07 PM by RysChristensen »

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
I'm over my aquaponics lust and have moved on to car stereo!  The one in my car is teerrrriible and I want bluetooth capability.  I don't want to get too fancy.  $300 worth of gear should do it.  I'll wait until after the holidays and if the desire is still there, I'll probably go for it.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »
I'm over my aquaponics lust and have moved on to car stereo!  The one in my car is teerrrriible and I want bluetooth capability.  I don't want to get too fancy.  $300 worth of gear should do it.  I'll wait until after the holidays and if the desire is still there, I'll probably go for it.

Do you have an aquaponics system? Its something I'm cautiously optimistic about, but as I don't even have a yard yet it'll be a while before I can experiment.

jamaicaspanish

• Stubble
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2016, 08:52:38 PM »
Just gave in to my stupid lust--bought a bluetooth receiver and two pairs of speakers for our Civic from Crutchfield--installed it all by myself with the instructions included.   Only $150. 

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »
My favorite shampoo. It's not been available in Norwegian shops for months. Other shampoos don't work as well for my hair. Soon we will travel to the Netherlands where I hope to buy a large quantity of it.
In the meantime I bought the supermarket's house brand shampoo which isn't any worse than the more expensive alternatives.

mwulff

• Bristles
« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2016, 12:20:40 AM »
A stupid expensive house.  Just had to get that out there.  We've gone to see it twice now.  Somebody with sense, quick!

I'll help you. We went and looked a stupid expensive house (it even had a swimming pool).. At some point in the process we actually sat down a did the math on the number of hours we would have to work to pay for it. And since a paid house is part of our FIRE strategy we had to pay for it.

It came down to 5 more years of slaving for the man. Plus a quadrupling of real estate tax and fixed costs.

We politely declined :) So should you.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2016, 01:12:19 AM »
I'll bite.

I'm currently lusting after a vacation getaway package. It's not the most popular deal out there but ever since hearing about it earlier this year I've been wanting it pretty badly. They offer vacation getaway packages in almost every country and location on Earth, so it's hard not to look at it and daydream about what my "perfect vacation" would look like. And the reviews are excellent, too! Most, if not all of the reviewers say that it's by far the best thing they've ever spent money on. The only problem is that it costs a fortune, even at my income level. I'd have to save up for years just to be able to afford it. I've seen a few blogs write about how you can get a reduced price deal if you're willing to jump through some hoops so that's something I might look into a little bit later.

Ridiculous, right? Someone talk me out of it!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2016, 01:52:31 AM »

Don't do it! Think rationally!

We bought en expensive house a year ago, before I was aware of Mustachianism. We were able to pay for it cash. But I am now in a lot of doubt whether it was a smart move. I could have invested half the value of the house in stocks. Maybe they would have gone up more than the value of the house. I am also not at all sure whether we will get back the same price we paid for it. One advantage is that our community will be joined with the more attractive neighbour community and that will likely make our house attractive for more people. Our current house is also more expensive to live in compared to the previous very cheap house.
The other thing is that we should have bought a house with a rental apartment. In Norway you can rent out such an apartment taxfree. It is also a house that isn't so easy to sell in the future (high price and steep icy roads to it).

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #330 on: December 21, 2016, 01:55:08 AM »
I'll bite.

I'm currently lusting after a vacation getaway package. It's not the most popular deal out there but ever since hearing about it earlier this year I've been wanting it pretty badly. They offer vacation getaway packages in almost every country and location on Earth, so it's hard not to look at it and daydream about what my "perfect vacation" would look like. And the reviews are excellent, too! Most, if not all of the reviewers say that it's by far the best thing they've ever spent money on. The only problem is that it costs a fortune, even at my income level. I'd have to save up for years just to be able to afford it. I've seen a few blogs write about how you can get a reduced price deal if you're willing to jump through some hoops so that's something I might look into a little bit later.

Can't you select a location and then see if you can book you own charter flight and cheap B&B (try AirBnB)? Often that is cheaper than the whole package and you can still travel to the same location and have the same kind of vacation. Of course you can pay a lot to let others organize it for you and earn their profit on it.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2016, 01:59:01 AM »
Lusting after a new triathlon bike.  I have one that works.  I want an all carbon bike.

Save money and look at the used marked.

My DH recently also bought a new(!) carbon bike. Ha already has a triathlon bike and a racing bike, but this was supposed to be something between a racing bike and an offroad bike. The racing bike will be sold in spring when the used-bicycle pricer are higher.

GilbertB

• Stubble
    • Sci-fi Meandering
« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2016, 03:17:09 AM »

My DH recently also bought a new(!) carbon bike. Ha already has a triathlon bike and a racing bike, but this was supposed to be something between a racing bike and an offroad bike. The racing bike will be sold in spring when the used-bicycle pricer are higher.
In Belgium, the pro teams sell stuff for cheap at the end of the season. You "just" need to know where to show up on what day :)
You will be in competitions with fans that want stuff in the current team colours, but the training hacks (bikes 3 years old usually) are often cheap.
However, all the wear parts (bearings etc) are shot. So If you can do the work, it's worth it, if not, get a showroom queen.
I still regret not getting a cross bike from FDJ about 5 years ago, DURAACE 8 speed and steel...

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2016, 04:06:56 AM »
I'll bite.

I say go for it!

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #334 on: December 21, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »

In Belgium, the pro teams sell stuff for cheap at the end of the season. You "just" need to know where to show up on what day :)
You will be in competitions with fans that want stuff in the current team colours, but the training hacks (bikes 3 years old usually) are often cheap.
However, all the wear parts (bearings etc) are shot. So If you can do the work, it's worth it, if not, get a showroom queen.
I still regret not getting a cross bike from FDJ about 5 years ago, DURAACE 8 speed and steel...

They do that in America too, you just have to know people.  In college, I got most of my training kit from domestic pro teams that were selling the unused clothing after the season was over.  Brand new Castelli bibs for $20? Hell yes, I just have to deal with them being bright red and yellow.  Brand new Garneau soft shell jersey for $40? Why thank you! I just have to deal with it having a boxed wine company's logo plastered all over it. 

katstache92

• Stubble
« Reply #335 on: December 21, 2016, 07:19:52 AM »
Has anyone else pulled the trigger?

Might be about to.  There's a blue xbox one s on sale.  I am less able to resist a blue-something than a non-blue-something.  Weird, but I really do just like blue that much.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #336 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:40 AM »
A minivan!  Specifically a Honda Odyssey.  I love my Honda CRV but with 2 babies under 2 I can't carry a double stroller and groceries at the same time.

When I was visiting my family we rented a minivan (it was $2 more than the cheapest rental) and I just fell in love with all the space!  Being able to transport more than 2 adults plus the 2 kids was a total luxury!  It would be nice to not have yo take 2 cars when we go out when family visits ( 1-2 times a month).

The Honda Odyssey is awesome. We love ours, and we expect to have it forever. The automatic doors are great. The ability to haul is great. For such a big vehicle, the gas mileage is darn good. The handling is great (for a minivan).  If you do decide to take the plunge, you will regret nothing except the dollars. (I have to admit I sometimes wish we had spent the extra money for dual 8-way power memory seats, but it would have cost an extra 10% and included a navigation package that we really didn't need, so that was our mustachian sacrifice.  Not exactly mustachian, but better than nothing maybe....

Don't say that!  Mr. D has given his ok for the van, so I'm the only one stopping us right now.

I have an 07 with 100k on the odo, touring edition, scooped it for cheap (12 when it blue booked for 16k).  Best car ever, will keep it running smoothly until it doesn't anymore.  I'm told to expect 250k without major work.  Do not regret!  Also, they look sexy (this coming from a car guy.)

So we ended up getting a Honda Odyssey minivan.    We also got a newer (2016) model than I originally wanted.  Every time we went to see an older minivan, we were shocked that those minivans were literally trashed!  Seats and carpets were ripped, inside parts were broken, large dents in the doors, etc.  One minivan (a 2014 with 30k miles had a gouge running down the side of it, like made with a key).  After viewing about several in such condition. I was finally like "FINE!"  Since it was end of year they took off $8k and gave us the value of excellent condition ($18k) on our CRV trade in.  We did finance the rest at 1.9% for 36 months (approx $15k). 

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #337 on: December 21, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »
I'll bite.

I say go for it!

:D you're such an enabler

FINate

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #338 on: December 21, 2016, 12:18:55 PM »
4x4 truck - very anti-MMM, I know. I have this image of MMM, arms folded, and brow furrowed.

My VW TDI is likely going to be repurchased as part of the emissions scandal. No commute, mostly stay around town, so don't drive much and the utility of a truck is alluring. And there are a number of Forest Service roads I use for outdoor activities which require more clearance. The TDI was already questionable in some places and a no-go in other areas. What I really want is an older and cheaper 4x4 (not a fan of shiny new off road vehicles) so I don't have to worry about beating it up a bit.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:45 AM »
4x4 truck - very anti-MMM, I know. I have this image of MMM, arms folded, and brow furrowed.

My VW TDI is likely going to be repurchased as part of the emissions scandal. No commute, mostly stay around town, so don't drive much and the utility of a truck is alluring. And there are a number of Forest Service roads I use for outdoor activities which require more clearance. The TDI was already questionable in some places and a no-go in other areas. What I really want is an older and cheaper 4x4 (not a fan of shiny new off road vehicles) so I don't have to worry about beating it up a bit.

Gah. This reminds me I've been looking at Jeep Wranglers. Sell my car and it would be my winter vehicle/off road vehicle. Normally the fire trails and river bottoms I use are accessed by my partner and I on motorcycles; but with a kid it might be nicer to throw them in the jeep with the gear and take off for a week of camping way off the path - last summer we were limited in how far we could hike in with an infant.  So I get the lure!

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #340 on: December 22, 2016, 09:21:26 AM »

Do you have an aquaponics system? Its something I'm cautiously optimistic about, but as I don't even have a yard yet it'll be a while before I can experiment.

I don't have one myself, but have a friend that has one and have looked at a few other local systems.  I'm also cautiously optimistic about them.  My friend's system is a pretty basic DIY setup that he built using IBC containers and the plants grow like crazy.  He hasn't harvested any fish from it yet, but it's almost time.  I do have a backyard, but we don't own our home and would likely have to move it in a year or two.  That would not be fun.  Because of that, I've decided to wait and spend my money on car stereo gear instead.  :)

GilbertB

• Stubble
    • Sci-fi Meandering
« Reply #341 on: December 22, 2016, 12:43:44 PM »
I want all the furniture this guy makes:
http://tecori.com/works-furniture.html
But i'll probably end up making it myself.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #342 on: December 22, 2016, 12:47:55 PM »
This is so, so stupid, but I am hardcore lusting after fancy, automated, cordless shades for our three family room windows.  The windows are in hard to reach places behind our couch so we have to literally climb up on the couch to open/shut the corded shades we have on there now - and lately we've been worried about our toddler playing with the cords.  I guess we'll settle for getting out-of-toddler-reach hooks to wrap the cords around and will just see the couch climbing as an opportunity for exercise :-)

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #343 on: December 22, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »
I want all the furniture this guy makes:
http://tecori.com/works-furniture.html
But i'll probably end up making it myself.

Well now I have something new to lust after.

starguru

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #344 on: December 22, 2016, 05:14:45 PM »

Which  Calatrava?  I myself am convincing myself to not buy a 5170.  Interesting to see so many watch lovers here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »

Which  Calatrava?  I myself am convincing myself to not buy a 5170.  Interesting to see so many watch lovers here!!!

Indeed, I noticed the same. I wonder why? Is it the charme of something made with such precision? Or the lust for something shiny and expensive, coated in usefulness?

starguru

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »

Indeed, I noticed the same. I wonder why? Is it the charme of something made with such precision? Or the lust for something shiny and expensive, coated in usefulness?

I think it depends on the individual, but probably elements of both.  You can probably get a read on the individual by looking at their watch collection.  Everyone recognizes a gold Rolex.  Not 1 in ten thousand will recognize a Patek.  You can probably infer at least something about a collector's motivations if that collector owns a bunch of the former or a bunch of the latter. 

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #347 on: December 22, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
*does not have a watch collection...  Probably infer a bit about  me  by this...

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2016, 07:51:35 PM »

I like the simpler ones, like this one:

One of my anti-mustachian purchases (when I got a uuuuge bonus once) was one of these at like 1/10 the price:

starguru

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #349 on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »

I like the simpler ones, like this one:

One of my anti-mustachian purchases (when I got a uuuuge bonus once) was one of these at like 1/10 the price:

Nomos are great!  Enjoy it.