Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288211 times)

Eedad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:50 PM »
No, I meant sales at the grocery store.  Larger machine = buy more when their cheap.

I really want it for making stew and such for the trail/camping.  I have my round nesco, but man these look so nice.  I have considered building a solar dehydrator as a fun project for summer, and to teach the kids about it.  But 9 trays would make fruit/veggie sales that much better.

Eedad, do you have a side business selling dried fruits and vegetables? Sounds like an interesting side-gig.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »
No, I meant sales at the grocery store.  Larger machine = buy more when their cheap.

Thanks for the clarification. I was really curious.

Captain Cactus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
Art.  I love certain artists from the area in grew up in Maine (the Wyeths for example).  I can't afford an original so I keep my eye on the limited edition giclee prints.  They look great, signed/numbered by the artist.  There is also a photographer up there that I really like and I'd love to get one of his photos, but it's about $2000 before framing.  I think what I like about it is that it reminds me of where I grew up (I don't live there anymore), there aren't many of these pieces, etc...seems like an "investment" though I would never sell it so it would just be an expensive decoration.
Yes I'd rather have my financial freedom but that still seems so far off.  Oh well.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2016, 09:15:54 PM »
I would buy art if I had more than enough money. If you buy well it is likely to appreciate in value and at worst, is unlikely to depreciate greatly.

Right now I really want to buy a $150 quilted play mat for our yet to be born child. I do need to get something as we have concrete floors and jute rugs at the moment which aren't particularly baby friendly but I don't need the expensive nostalgic one.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2016, 04:10:39 AM »
I thought that too... then I bought my 65". I'll take facepunches every single day with a smile.

Hook up the computer to the TV so my fist will be even that much larger.

Rude, and very constructive.  Thanks for implying you have the right to judge my choices.

Trolling! A step up. :D

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2016, 04:50:50 AM »
I would buy art if I had more than enough money. If you buy well it is likely to appreciate in value and at worst, is unlikely to depreciate greatly.

If it is not for investment, you can perfectly well buy affordable art. But then you should look at lithography and not at painted art.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2016, 05:00:29 AM »

If it is not for investment, you can perfectly well buy affordable art. But then you should look at lithography and not at painted art.

Google "Blue Poles". The Australian Government was criticised for wasting money buying it in the 70's for about $1.3 million.

Not too shabby an investment.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2016, 06:52:37 AM »
The rest of the renovations done on my house. Hardwood flooring, paint, curtains, backsplash, kitchen cabinets, etc. Preferably while I am on a beach somewhere enjoying a frou-frou drink (far away from the mess and disruption).

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2016, 07:54:00 AM »
Going online on Black Friday and buying video games. Overwatch, Starcraft 2 LOTV, Dark Souls etc etc
I still have unfinished games from last Black Friday ....

Woot! FINALLY got Dark Souls III and Metal Gear V! I may still splurge and get Doom. Now I am struggling to finish my current game (Stardew Valley) while DSIII is on my HD beckoning me.

Stupid lust of the moment: Yamaha FZ10. Really wanting a dependable new bike after the local euro shop sold me a lemon.

caffeine

• Stubble
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
Metal Gear Solid V is definitely worth buying especially if you played through all the previous games. I beat it on the Playstation 4 and planning on beating it on PC whenever the next steam sale is.

I'd recommend you look into getting The Witcher 3 whenever it is on sale. It has a fabulous story as well.

My stupid lust: a new leather jacket...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:58:52 AM by caffeine »

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
I love Heaven and Earth designs though I don't have the guts to use 40 count fabric for anything.  18 count is my limit.  I am fond of downloading their free cross stitch designs but they normally take about 80-90 colors plus the fabric so I tend to print them out and stare at them.

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
630 acres of land that I love is for sale.....and I would love to buy it....but it's $977,500!!!  I can't think of a good business plan for it to make that a good investment.  But I WANT IT!!  The land is loaded with fossils and has lots of wildlife on it. 

Aelias

• Bristles
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
For me it's an electric car. Probably the Nissan Leaf over some of the others out there, but I'm waiting to see if the range increases in the next year's model...

Keep an eye on Craigslist.  I needed a commuter car because I took a new job outside of public transit range. I found a guy selling his 2012 Leaf because "his wife was finally letting him get a Tesla."  It's in damn near perfect shape (still gets about 50-70 mi range) and he was only asking $6750--only a little more than I was expecting to pay for a used Civic or Corolla.

You never know . . .

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:09 AM »
A new split-board, bindings and boots. My current snowboard isn't a split, and it's 15 years old. It's becoming difficult not to shell out the 1500$+ it's going to cost me...

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »
A new split-board, bindings and boots. My current snowboard isn't a split, and it's 15 years old. It's becoming difficult not to shell out the 1500$+ it's going to cost me...
Had never heard of that.

What happens when you own 203 length straight skis and haven't went in 10 years....

Slinky

• Stubble
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »
I love Heaven and Earth designs though I don't have the guts to use 40 count fabric for anything.  18 count is my limit.  I am fond of downloading their free cross stitch designs but they normally take about 80-90 colors plus the fabric so I tend to print them out and stare at them.

It costs a bit on the front end to kit up one of their designs, but if you run the numbers over time it's a pretty mustachian hobby. My first HAED was a 9 page quick stitch and will probably come out somewhere around $2.75/month in entertainment cost. That's without factoring in the extra fabric and floss I have leftover. I could probably get another small project or two out of the fabric and, after starting a few of their designs, I have a decent stash of colors available. When I finish this project and start another I will only buy colors I don't have or that I need more than one of. Some people buy floss by the page as well to spread costs out over time.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2016, 12:43:15 PM »
I thought that too... then I bought my 65". I'll take facepunches every single day with a smile.

Rude, and very constructive.  Thanks for implying you have the right to judge my choices.

I'm confused, but keeping it light.  I think we are asking for facepunches (reality checks).  Personally I wouldn't be surprised when I receive one, smile on my face from the diagonal on my TV notwithstanding.  Speaking of, need some for the 75" Sony XBR on the way...as a business expense.

Thankful that I was able to cancel the order as it hadn't shipped yet.  What the hell do I need a $2500 75" Sony XBR for anyway?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2016, 01:06:41 PM »

I'm confused, but keeping it light.  I think we are asking for facepunches (reality checks).  Personally I wouldn't be surprised when I receive one, smile on my face from the diagonal on my TV notwithstanding.  Speaking of, need some for the 75" Sony XBR on the way...as a business expense.

Thankful that I was able to cancel the order as it hadn't shipped yet.  What the hell do I need a $2500 75" Sony XBR for anyway?

If you do want to spend that much coin on a TV, I wouldn't do anything but OLED.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »
A new salt grinder, as I drop ours last night :-(

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:11 AM »
Had never heard of that.

What happens when you own 203 length straight skis and haven't went in 10 years....

My BF and most of my friends are skiers, and it's really difficult to follow them when they're skinning up backcountry and I'm walking with my board on my back. A split board would allow me to skin alongside with them, which would be nice. But they're expensive. And outdoor sports are my greatest financial vice/pleasure/fuck-it-I'm-buying...

fuzzed

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2016, 08:45:18 AM »
My BF and most of my friends are skiers, and it's really difficult to follow them when they're skinning up backcountry and I'm walking with my board on my back. A split board would allow me to skin alongside with them, which would be nice. But they're expensive. And outdoor sports are my greatest financial vice/pleasure/fuck-it-I'm-buying...

Thank you for that explanation, I had no idea what split boards were for.  I thought it was some sort of gateway for you "knuckle-draggers" to transition to the civilized side of snow sports ;)

And please note, I am kidding about that knuckle-dragger, it is standard banter between boarders and skiers :)

cats

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
An Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator to make snacks/food for backpacking trips.  I'd have to make a lot to justify the cost though.

We have this outrageous big machine. I can say that it works very well, although it adds an extra energy user to your household.
We go a lot on outdoor trips and need dried food. It is cheaper to make it yourself and also nicer to make your own recipies. I also pick mushrooms that I dry in it.

You doe not need to buy the Excalibur sheets. You will need some kind of sheet, but we were able to find some at a much cheaper store. Not exactly the right size, but with sizzers it comes closer. Paper baking sheet can also be used for e.g. drying tomato saus.

We have one also.  It's gotten two big uses: prepping food for a PCT thru-hike, and later prepping food to have easy meals on hand when our baby arrived.  Aside from that, I'll admit we do not use it very regularly, but it has definitely more than paid for itself with those two big uses.  It has been especially nice to have the dried meals on hand post-baby, with both my husband and myself working outside the home--we each eat a lunch from a dehydrated meal most days, which I'm sure has kept us from eating expensive lunch out on many occasions!

In terms of stupid things I contemplate buying myself, I seem to keep thinking about getting a FitBit.  I'm not sure what it would really do for me though, as my phone already has a step tracker.  I also keep thinking of how it might be nice to have an InstantPot, even though we are managing pretty well with our current selection of kitchen gadgets.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:04:27 AM by cats »

doingmybest

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2016, 10:53:05 AM »

It costs a bit on the front end to kit up one of their designs, but if you run the numbers over time it's a pretty mustachian hobby. My first HAED was a 9 page quick stitch and will probably come out somewhere around $2.75/month in entertainment cost. That's without factoring in the extra fabric and floss I have leftover. I could probably get another small project or two out of the fabric and, after starting a few of their designs, I have a decent stash of colors available. When I finish this project and start another I will only buy colors I don't have or that I need more than one of. Some people buy floss by the page as well to spread costs out over time.

Well, I didn't think I was lusting after anything right now.  Then I checked the HAED website.  So now there's that.  Thanks. Thanks, so much.

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
I'm really lusting after an aquaponics system right now.  I want to build a bathtub system to keep it cheap but SO says no way am I putting bathtubs in the back yard.  She has approved the building of a 2-unit IBC system, but I'm reluctant to spend that much $$ and moving it (we are renting) at some point in the future would really suck.

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
I'm really lusting after an aquaponics system right now.  I want to build a bathtub system to keep it cheap but SO says no way am I putting bathtubs in the back yard.  She has approved the building of a 2-unit IBC system, but I'm reluctant to spend that much $$ and moving it (we are renting) at some point in the future would really suck.
I hadda google 'IBC'...  I'd rather have bathtubs in my yard.  But of course, I'm picturing clawfoot bathtubs, which are not cheap and certainly not easy to move, so I really don't have a clue what you're talking about...
What will you grow?

DebtFreeinPhilly

• Stubble
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2016, 12:43:46 PM »
2001-2003 Ford F250/F350 7.3L diesel 4-door pick up truck. They cost about $9,000-$18,000 depending on the trim level. Gets stupid MPG but owning a farm does necessitate owning a big ridiculous truck, right?

WootWoot

• Bristles
« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
New handbags.

This, after I just cleared out ones I wasn't using.

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2016, 01:26:42 PM »
I hadda google 'IBC'...  I'd rather have bathtubs in my yard.  But of course, I'm picturing clawfoot bathtubs, which are not cheap and certainly not easy to move, so I really don't have a clue what you're talking about...
What will you grow?

Unfortunately, claw foot bathtubs are expensive and heavy!  I actually meant old fiberglass tubs that people have removed during renovations that can be found on CL for under $25 each.  I could build a nice base for them with some sort of decorative wood.  Plan would be to grow mainly lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, zuchini, things we eat a lot of.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
Custom all-wood kitchen cabinets with built-in organization.  My 1980s cabinets hold dishes and food fine, so what if the backs are warped MDF and that they are not optimally configured for me to find everything immediately? Sigh.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »
My X works fine, so what if they are not optimal? Sigh.

I feel your pain. There are so many things I'd like to upgrade, but the sub-par version I already have is functional enough so I can't really justify it. Then again, when the temptation strikes me I come here to remind myself that "a millionaire is made ten bucks at a time".

Frugalman19

• Bristles
« Reply #230 on: November 30, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »
For some reason I have got into this hunting kick (ive never been, but want to). I have been tossing up either buying a new hoyt compound bow ($700-800) or a hunting rifle ($625 before scope). I guess I will eventually get the rifle, because it has alot more utility. But I cannot get this stuff off my mind.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »
2001-2003 Ford F250/F350 7.3L diesel 4-door pick up truck. They cost about $9,000-$18,000 depending on the trim level. Gets stupid MPG but owning a farm does necessitate owning a big ridiculous truck, right?

Okay, I get the 7.3 lust, but could you save some money by buying a 6.0, doing the EGR delete and a few other upgrades, and still get all the utility and the diesel with similar reliability after the upgrades?

katstache92

• Stubble
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
An Xbox one.  I resisted through all of the deals over black friday and cyber monday.  I don't even need it, my xbox 360 works perfectly and I don't have a 4k tv.  Silly brain.

Other things that are much to expensive for me to just up and buy it: an electric car or prius. Someday... once my current car bites it.

dude

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »
Oh man, a $1600 self-tracking camera drone (www.airdog.com) for a couple backcountry snowboarding trips I have planned for his year.  I've resisted for a number of reasons, but a friend suggested, hell, just buy it, use it, then sell it on e-Bay.  So damn tempting.  But goddamn, I could take the wife and me to Mexico for a week for that much money.

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »

Okay, I get the 7.3 lust, but could you save some money by buying a 6.0, doing the EGR delete and a few other upgrades, and still get all the utility and the diesel with similar reliability after the upgrades?

Gah, I've known a few friends and coworkers with 7.3 PS trucks.  They'll run forever...if you keep fixing them.  MPG is only slightly better than the gassers, and not good enough for DD use, so you need a second vehicle most times anyways.  Don't fall into the trap. 

If you need a farm/work truck, the smart buy is an early/mid-90's F250 with the 460 big block, available for under 2k here in NC.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #235 on: December 01, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
Every time I come back from being at the family cabin (was hunting before Thanksgiving) knocking about in the woods, I come back desperately wanting an SUV, preferably a Hemi Grand Cherokee.  Unfortunately I know they have the build quality, longevity, and reliability of a Lego house assembled by my 4y/o, so no dice yet, but the fever is always there.  Not even sure it would fit in my parking spot in my office parking garage. 

DebtFreeinPhilly

• Stubble
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »

The 6.0Ls have numerous problems and major repair bills when they go over 150,000 miles. Thats why you see so many for sale cheaply. I have talked to local Ford mechanics, diesel mechanics, and gearheads about getting a diesel truck (doesn't matter which brand they prefer) and almost all have said to avoid the 6.0L PSD diesels.

Also, for me, the 7.3L can run on B100 with no upgrades required. My plan is to produce biodiesel in small batches (30 gallons or less) to run my farm equipment so why not get a truck that can use it too.

Gah, I've known a few friends and coworkers with 7.3 PS trucks.  They'll run forever...if you keep fixing them.  MPG is only slightly better than the gassers, and not good enough for DD use, so you need a second vehicle most times anyways.  Don't fall into the trap. 

If you need a farm/work truck, the smart buy is an early/mid-90's F250 with the 460 big block, available for under 2k here in NC.

I will keep an eye out for the mid 90s F250s., thanks for the heads up. The 7.3L was meant as a spare car/farm truck that would be driven very little. My work gives me a take home car but I can only use it for work purposes so my DD is taken care of. I have seen some of the southern trucks for cheap online. I am cautious about them because they haven't been sprayed in the undercariage to prevent rust build up from salt.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:31:39 AM by bhleigh »

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2016, 07:35:12 AM »
DSLR camera (used to have a photography blog and did photography as a hobby, every now and then would do parties for a little money).

Since selling my last one I haven't done any and I miss fulfilling that creative side of myself. 

ETA:  I realize the title says 'right now'...I've been lusting over another camera for like 3 years.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:57:05 AM by EconDiva »

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2016, 09:22:19 AM »
Every time I come back from being at the family cabin (was hunting before Thanksgiving) knocking about in the woods, I come back desperately wanting an SUV, preferably a Hemi Grand Cherokee.  Unfortunately I know they have the build quality, longevity, and reliability of a Lego house assembled by my 4y/o, so no dice yet, but the fever is always there.  Not even sure it would fit in my parking spot in my office parking garage.

Lexus GX470's are getting ridiculously cheap now (often less than a comparable 4Runner, while being just as capable but nicer), and they'll run well past 200k without breaking a sweat.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2016, 09:50:17 AM »
Why?  Future-proofing?  No such thing with TVs.  I'm thinking roll upp-able, folding TVs in the next 10-15, right?
Anyway, I bought the 2017 honda ridgeline I was lusting after today.  40k cash.  Ah well.  Not mustachian at all.  What am i doing on these forums??

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »

Lexus GX470's are getting ridiculously cheap now (often less than a comparable 4Runner, while being just as capable but nicer), and they'll run well past 200k without breaking a sweat.

I know it.  I've thought about that.  On the plus side, there are a zillion around here because all the soccer moms drive them and obviously don't them off road, on the minus side you look like one of a zillion soccer moms.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »
Is there actually any reason to have a salt mill?  Freshly ground pepper?  Sure.  But salt should not be losing any of its flavor by being pre-ground.

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
Is there actually any reason to have a salt mill?  Freshly ground pepper?  Sure.  But salt should not be losing any of its flavor by being pre-ground.

Table salt is gross, kosher is good for a lot of things, but not really for finishing a dish. Being able to adjust the grind size on a nice finishing salt can really take a meal up a notch.

Yes, food is sort of my obsession, how could you tell?

Currently I'm lusting after a new brewing setup. It's "only" $7k and very pretty. My current home brew setup is pretty decent, but I'd like to go all stainless. Buuut, my picnic cooler mash tun still works just fine, my mismatched kettles hold water just fine, and my current natural gas burned works just fine. So yeah, it really is just because it looks nice.

Channel-Z

• Stubble
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Perhaps not completely stupid, but I am lusting after a new car... any new car, really. I drive a 14-year-old clunker.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »

Table salt is gross, kosher is good for a lot of things, but not really for finishing a dish. Being able to adjust the grind size on a nice finishing salt can really take a meal up a notch.

Yes, food is sort of my obsession, how could you tell?

Currently I'm lusting after a new brewing setup. It's "only" $7k and very pretty. My current home brew setup is pretty decent, but I'd like to go all stainless. Buuut, my picnic cooler mash tun still works just fine, my mismatched kettles hold water just fine, and my current natural gas burned works just fine. So yeah, it really is just because it looks nice.

Finally I can rationalize the salt Grinder I bought 13 years ago and never used.  All I have to do is buy some nice finishing salts

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
Why?  Future-proofing?  No such thing with TVs.  I'm thinking roll upp-able, folding TVs in the next 10-15, right?
Anyway, I bought the 2017 honda ridgeline I was lusting after today.  40k cash.  Ah well.  Not mustachian at all.  What am i doing on these forums??

Ugh! Man I feel your pain. After sitting in one at the dealership I can see why you bought one. I want a base fwd model ! Might buy one (very slight chance) once they come down in price and I can find a good clean used one. I don't need anywhere near that much truck. My 4 cylinder ranger has been a tank.

Currently lusting after a 92 Toyota mr2 turbo that a friend is selling. Always wanted one ! So hard not to buy lol

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #246 on: December 02, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »

Ugh! Man I feel your pain. After sitting in one at the dealership I can see why you bought one. I want a base fwd model ! Might buy one (very slight chance) once they come down in price and I can find a good clean used one. I don't need anywhere near that much truck. My 4 cylinder ranger has been a tank.

Currently lusting after a 92 Toyota mr2 turbo that a friend is selling. Always wanted one ! So hard not to buy lol

I've had a '91 for 8+ years now. They're fun. :)

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
Awesome ! Not to thread hijack but do you mind posting some pics ?

Turbo or NA ?

My fiancé is a Toyota fanatic. We currently own an 89 Toyota corolla wagon alltrac. She wants to find another 89 corolla 2 door sr5 

Also another lusty lusterson in regards to fun mode of transport

THe only motorcycle I wish I never sold...

Honda cbr 1100xx blackbird - with low miles !

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
Awesome ! Not to thread hijack but do you mind posting some pics ?

Turbo or NA ?

My fiancé is a Toyota fanatic. We currently own an 89 Toyota corolla wagon alltrac. She wants to find another 89 corolla 2 door sr5 

Also another lusty lusterson in regards to fun mode of transport

THe only motorcycle I wish I never sold...

Honda cbr 1100xx blackbird - with low miles !

Turbo.
http://i.imgur.com/owprXFD.png
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/jlees-1991-toyota-mr2-turbo-build-thread.2127356/
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/jlees-1991-toyota-mr2-turbo-build-thread-part-2.2483251/

It's my biggest non-MMM downfall, haha.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
A trip to Thailand. Or Norway. Or Dubai.

A garnet ring for my mom for Christmas. She's gonna get it, but it's still pretty silly. She's 68 and has a lot of jewelry. But she's wanted one for years and the local jewelry shop has one for $160 so I'm splurging this year.

Update: Mom is getting her ring. I went by the shop and they had one on sale. $85. :)