Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1297294 times)

getsorted

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #3650 on: June 28, 2022, 09:29:06 AM »
And remember to plan on the ocean rise that is certainly baked into humanities future.

I recently read a report on counties in my state most likely to have significant climate change impacts. One of the biggest impacts was where there is a large, man-made recreational lake and the entire economy of the county is tourism around the lake. Apparently it's not going to be great in the near future when the lake alternately dries up and then floods to historical levels!

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3651 on: June 28, 2022, 02:53:53 PM »
did somebody say lake house? lake house for me too :) no luck buying the primary residence we want right now, so we've decided to distract ourselves by talking about the lakefront we'll go in on with all our friends one day. hehe

Living on the water is a worthy goal.  It's usually expensive, but hard to call it stupid.  There's so much to enjoy seeing and doing when living on water.

I just bought a very cheap house on the ocean. Being by the water doesn't have to be expensive, just don't by near the most desirable water locations.

And remember to plan on the ocean rise that is certainly baked into humanities future.

I'm in Newfoundland on a giant rock cliff. If the ocean rises enough to get to my house, we'll all be very, very long dead.

stacheasaurus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3652 on: June 28, 2022, 03:28:58 PM »
an e-bike.  Not that stupid, but i can get everywhere i need to with human powered bike, so it's superfluous.

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3653 on: June 29, 2022, 07:39:15 AM »
did somebody say lake house? lake house for me too :) no luck buying the primary residence we want right now, so we've decided to distract ourselves by talking about the lakefront we'll go in on with all our friends one day. hehe

Living on the water is a worthy goal.  It's usually expensive, but hard to call it stupid.  There's so much to enjoy seeing and doing when living on water.

I just bought a very cheap house on the ocean. Being by the water doesn't have to be expensive, just don't by near the most desirable water locations.

I'm in Newfoundland on a giant rock cliff. If the ocean rises enough to get to my house, we'll all be very, very long dead.

Newfie! What an awesome place. We’ve explored all the normal areas and have loved all of it.

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3654 on: June 29, 2022, 07:56:43 AM »
My latest is a raspberry pi 4, which normally wouldn’t be too stupid, but is currently in such short supply that the only way to get one from a reliable source seems to be to but a full kit including lots of parts I don’t really need or want.

The RAM is nice in a 4 for sure. I have one that is the central clearinghouse for most things in the house. Though I do have some Zeros running that are more for experimenting.

Yeah, when the availability went to zip, I starting wanting another model 4 for a new grandiose project attempt and feel the frustration.

Surprised that some posters feel human rights are stupid… but I know they just want to vent wherever possible, which is fine.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3655 on: June 29, 2022, 08:09:46 AM »

Newfie! What an awesome place. We’ve explored all the normal areas and have loved all of it.

I'm not a newfie, I just own a house in Iceberg Alley.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3656 on: June 29, 2022, 08:24:42 AM »
My latest is a raspberry pi 4, which normally wouldn’t be too stupid, but is currently in such short supply that the only way to get one from a reliable source seems to be to but a full kit including lots of parts I don’t really need or want.

The RAM is nice in a 4 for sure. I have one that is the central clearinghouse for most things in the house. Though I do have some Zeros running that are more for experimenting.

Yeah, when the availability went to zip, I starting wanting another model 4 for a new grandiose project attempt and feel the frustration.

Surprised that some posters feel human rights are stupid… but I know they just want to vent wherever possible, which is fine.
Out of curiosity, what falls under the category of "clearinghouse" for you? I love your username, BTW :D

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3657 on: June 29, 2022, 08:53:46 AM »
Out of curiosity, what falls under the category of "clearinghouse" for you? I love your username, BTW :D

MQTT broker for various sensors that are normally ESP8266 based. Webscraper for weather (just getting basic historical data.) Simple webpage to display some sensor data. And use it to run some basic scripts on a schedule to interface with IFTTT.

Virtus3

• Stubble
« Reply #3658 on: June 29, 2022, 08:54:21 AM »
I'm lusting after a fairly barebones Ford Maverick.

getsorted

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3659 on: June 29, 2022, 09:19:27 AM »
One of those slick Momaroo bouncer things I'm always drooling over at Target. I don't know what it is about those things that's so appealing to me. Maybe because every single baby thing we have is a hand-me-down or was new a couple of years ago but is now totally trashed.

When I look at the Momaroo bouncer I have this irrational thought--no baby would ever be able to stay awake in something that beautifully designed. It looks like a fluffy cloud of sleepy Harvey Karp white noise and swinging vibratory bliss.

Never mind that it wouldn't even fit in our 850 square foot condo. I want it. My husband doesn't even know I want it. I just sigh over it every time I visit Target, and keep right on going. We bought a Fischer Price bouncer on Craigslist for $10 last weekend. Not quite the same.

The Law of Parenting dictates that if you buy the Momaroo bouncer, your child will sleep anywhere BUT the Momaroo bouncer.

My son was given a white-noise giraffe with eight different white noise options, all of which terrified him and would wake him from a sound sleep! And yet for some reason, the exhaust fan in the bathroom with the bad bearing put him right out (in his Fisher Price bouncer). We also discovered that if he was crying inconsolably, taking literally one step outside would calm him (an audiologist friend had a very technical explanation for this that I can't remember). Which is how we ended up putting our baby down for naps in a cardboard box on our apartment balcony for about six straight months!

pasadenafr

• Bristles
« Reply #3660 on: June 29, 2022, 11:02:25 AM »
Inline skates.

Been back to the gym for a week or two, but I miss running too. Went running a few days ago and my hips were like, hmmm, too much, too fast, girl, come back later. Still, I want to go outside, go fast and have fun, so I got my old, 25 years old roller skates out (been using them sporadically through the years), and BOY are they old and worn out. So now I want new ones.

Could I wait and make do with the old ones? Yes. Am I going to? Probably not.

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3661 on: June 29, 2022, 02:36:46 PM »

Does that mean you have one nearby that you see daily? And if so, is it for sale?

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3662 on: June 29, 2022, 04:58:36 PM »
Thicker less delicate gums and better teeth. It’s stupid because it would require a completely different set of parents and circumstances while growing up and so far I haven’t sourced a Time Machine.

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3663 on: June 29, 2022, 11:34:40 PM »
One of those slick Momaroo bouncer things I'm always drooling over at Target. I don't know what it is about those things that's so appealing to me. Maybe because every single baby thing we have is a hand-me-down or was new a couple of years ago but is now totally trashed.

When I look at the Momaroo bouncer I have this irrational thought--no baby would ever be able to stay awake in something that beautifully designed. It looks like a fluffy cloud of sleepy Harvey Karp white noise and swinging vibratory bliss.

Never mind that it wouldn't even fit in our 850 square foot condo. I want it. My husband doesn't even know I want it. I just sigh over it every time I visit Target, and keep right on going. We bought a Fischer Price bouncer on Craigslist for $10 last weekend. Not quite the same.

The Law of Parenting dictates that if you buy the Momaroo bouncer, your child will sleep anywhere BUT the Momaroo bouncer.

My son was given a white-noise giraffe with eight different white noise options, all of which terrified him and would wake him from a sound sleep! And yet for some reason, the exhaust fan in the bathroom with the bad bearing put him right out (in his Fisher Price bouncer). We also discovered that if he was crying inconsolably, taking literally one step outside would calm him (an audiologist friend had a very technical explanation for this that I can't remember). Which is how we ended up putting our baby down for naps in a cardboard box on our apartment balcony for about six straight months!

OMG I was reading the quote and thought, this is hilarious, who wrote this? I feel for this new mama so much! I remember thinking those Momaroo things were so awesome! and then I looked at the OP and ha ha it was me!

And then my 5 year old came and sit in my lap. Now she sleeps in a loft bed that we bought new so that we could get something that fit just right in her small room. And she doesn't take naps anymore. And I sold/donated/passed down all our crappy used baby stuff long ago. What a blast from the past!

Virtus3

• Stubble
« Reply #3664 on: June 30, 2022, 06:58:05 AM »

Does that mean you have one nearby that you see daily? And if so, is it for sale?

Unfortunately quite the opposite.

getsorted

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3665 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:38 AM »

OMG I was reading the quote and thought, this is hilarious, who wrote this? I feel for this new mama so much! I remember thinking those Momaroo things were so awesome! and then I looked at the OP and ha ha it was me!

And then my 5 year old came and sit in my lap. Now she sleeps in a loft bed that we bought new so that we could get something that fit just right in her small room. And she doesn't take naps anymore. And I sold/donated/passed down all our crappy used baby stuff long ago. What a blast from the past!

I'm so sorry. I have no idea how I resurrected your post. I genuinely thought I was on the most recent page. I have been having trouble sleeping and my life has been full of weird mistakes like this lately! Glad you enjoyed the accidental trip down memory lane!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #3666 on: June 30, 2022, 10:22:16 AM »
Thicker less delicate gums and better teeth. It’s stupid because it would require a completely different set of parents and circumstances while growing up and so far I haven’t sourced a Time Machine.

I want to borrow it if do find one... I want to do some shopping 50, 75 and 100 years ago... Maybe have some elaborate low cost vacations too.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3667 on: June 30, 2022, 10:53:00 AM »

I want to borrow it if do find one... I want to do some shopping 50, 75 and 100 years ago... Maybe have some elaborate low cost vacations too.

This reminds me of the Stephen King novel "11/22/63".  No one could figure out how the local diner could sell hamburgers so cheaply.  He was using a time machine to buy premium ground beef at 1960s prices.

HalfDollar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3668 on: July 04, 2022, 07:51:44 AM »
This reminds me of the Stephen King novel "11/22/63".  No one could figure out how the local diner could sell hamburgers so cheaply.  He was using a time machine to buy premium ground beef at 1960s prices.

Ha. Shouldn't the diner owner just get rich and sell the diner?

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3669 on: July 04, 2022, 08:39:52 AM »

Ha. Shouldn't the diner owner just get rich and sell the diner?
maybe he was a SWAMI before it was cool?

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3670 on: July 04, 2022, 10:44:37 AM »
Ford Maverick.  Seriously considering factory ordering one when factory orders are (supposedly) available in August.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3671 on: July 05, 2022, 07:16:20 AM »
Ford Maverick.  Seriously considering factory ordering one when factory orders are (supposedly) available in August.

I saw a beautiful Velocity Blue Lariat yesterday at a county park. Looks larger in person than the configurator/stock photos. I'm lusting on one too, but I'm in the F-150 Lightning queue.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3672 on: July 05, 2022, 07:22:04 AM »
A new bag - https://www.cuyana.com/bags/totes/small-classic-structured-tote/10010028.html?dwvar_10010028_color=cappuccino-blush&quantity=1.  I found this company while looking for sustainable leather products and I really like their business, but good quality stuff is so expensive!  Just realized the bag doesn't even have all the inside pockets seen in the pictures, that's from an organizer insert you have to buy separately.  Hopefully the realization that it's not a $200 bag, it's actually a $290 bag, will help me hold out a while longer.

After all, the handle on my current bag hasn't actually fallen off yet, even if the faux leather is splitting.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3673 on: July 05, 2022, 07:46:21 AM »
A new bag - https://www.cuyana.com/bags/totes/small-classic-structured-tote/10010028.html?dwvar_10010028_color=cappuccino-blush&quantity=1.  I found this company while looking for sustainable leather products and I really like their business, but good quality stuff is so expensive!  Just realized the bag doesn't even have all the inside pockets seen in the pictures, that's from an organizer insert you have to buy separately.  Hopefully the realization that it's not a $200 bag, it's actually a $290 bag, will help me hold out a while longer.

After all, the handle on my current bag hasn't actually fallen off yet, even if the faux leather is splitting.

Would it help if I pointed out to you how horrible purses are ergonomically and that you would be better off long term carrying a simple backpack, which is FAR more optimized for organizing your items?

I have a Louis Vuitton bag that's an ideal purse. It's big, it's light, it's indestructible, and looks brand new even after many years of use.

But I don't use it. I switched to a small backpack 5 years ago and will never go back to carrying a purse on a daily basis.

Does that help?

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3674 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:44 AM »

I saw a beautiful Velocity Blue Lariat yesterday at a county park. Looks larger in person than the configurator/stock photos. I'm lusting on one too, but I'm in the F-150 Lightning queue.

That's likely the trim and color I'd go with.  Looks so good in that blue.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3675 on: July 05, 2022, 08:46:22 AM »

Would it help if I pointed out to you how horrible purses are ergonomically and that you would be better off long term carrying a simple backpack, which is FAR more optimized for organizing your items?

I have a Louis Vuitton bag that's an ideal purse. It's big, it's light, it's indestructible, and looks brand new even after many years of use.

But I don't use it. I switched to a small backpack 5 years ago and will never go back to carrying a purse on a daily basis.

Does that help?

So I should buy one of these instead?  https://www.ableclothing.com/collections/backpacks/products/alem-mini-backpack  Not much better from a price perspective...

Can I ask what kind of backpack you have?  The trouble is always finding something durable, with a good array of pockets, dressy enough for work or going out, and reasonably priced.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3676 on: July 05, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »

Does that help?

So I should buy one of these instead?  https://www.ableclothing.com/collections/backpacks/products/alem-mini-backpack  Not much better from a price perspective...

Can I ask what kind of backpack you have?  The trouble is always finding something durable, with a good array of pockets, dressy enough for work or going out, and reasonably priced.

I bought a small black laptop backpack from Amazon. I'm VERY picky about backpacks in terms of functionality, but Amazon has a huge range of options.

I have never bothered with the designer options because they aren't ergonomic enough, and not functional enough compared to a high quality laptop backpack. Also it can take a beating and still looks brand new.

Basically, it's so functional, so comfortable, and so durable that trading off those features just for a sac to look pretty seems totally unreasonable now. It's not hideous, it's perfectly professional looking.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3677 on: July 05, 2022, 09:29:14 AM »

Does that help?

I bought a small black laptop backpack from Amazon. I'm VERY picky about backpacks in terms of functionality, but Amazon has a huge range of options.

I have never bothered with the designer options because they aren't ergonomic enough, and not functional enough compared to a high quality laptop backpack. Also it can take a beating and still looks brand new.

Basically, it's so functional, so comfortable, and so durable that trading off those features just for a sac to look pretty seems totally unreasonable now. It's not hideous, it's perfectly professional looking.

Glad you've found something that works for you!  Sadly I do still care about it looking pretty, plus I'm trying to support sustainable companies, and specifically to not support Amazon, so I'll keep looking.  At any rate, it gives me one more excuse to delay the decision, which is kinda the point.  Thanks!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #3678 on: July 05, 2022, 10:39:47 AM »

I haven't read the book (want to) but we've watched the Hulu series about five times. It is a great recipe for other stories within that science-fiction framework.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3679 on: July 05, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »

Does that help?

Glad you've found something that works for you!  Sadly I do still care about it looking pretty, plus I'm trying to support sustainable companies, and specifically to not support Amazon, so I'll keep looking.  At any rate, it gives me one more excuse to delay the decision, which is kinda the point.  Thanks!

If you pass on the $300 bag, you could get the $500 backpack from the same source.  Gorgeous looking leather but doesn't look ergonomic.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3680 on: July 05, 2022, 01:40:15 PM »

Does that help?

If you pass on the $300 bag, you could get the $500 backpack from the same source.  Gorgeous looking leather but doesn't look ergonomic.

If we're pushing backpacks now, I recommend Osprey.  They're pricey but very well built, comfortable, and long lasting.  They make several that are fantastic for bike commuting.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3681 on: July 05, 2022, 01:56:07 PM »
If we're pushing backpacks now, I recommend Osprey.  They're pricey but very well built, comfortable, and long lasting.

I would second this.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3682 on: July 05, 2022, 02:50:18 PM »

If we're pushing backpacks now, I recommend Osprey.  They're pricey but very well built, comfortable, and long lasting.  They make several that are fantastic for bike commuting.

Osprey are AWESOME

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3683 on: July 05, 2022, 02:54:59 PM »

Does that help?

I totally respect your point about amazon, but there are many sources for excellent quality back packs.

I understand caring about the pretty factor, but my point was that if you switch to a practical, nice enough and professional looking backpack, you may get so accustomed to the utility and function of it that the pull of pretty starts wearing off.

That's what happened to me, I loved beautiful bags, but when I injured my shoulder, I switched to a backpack for awhile but once I got used to it, never switched back because even after my shoulder healed, it just felt so uncomfortable carrying a purse.

If you give it a try, you may just be like me and get over the siren song of the expensive pretty purses.

chasingsnow

• Bristles
« Reply #3684 on: July 05, 2022, 03:10:18 PM »
I am currently lusting after a pair of Xtra Tuff rubber boots, I have decided to put them on my "would like to purchase someday list" and reevaluate in a couple of months

tacticalteam4

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3685 on: July 05, 2022, 05:01:32 PM »
I’ve got a lariat hybrid in Cactus Grey ya can borrow in Madison if you ever want to test drive!

TreeLeaf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3686 on: July 05, 2022, 07:10:23 PM »
A Chevy Bolt. My current car runs just fine, but it is 15 years old now and I'm not really sure how long it will run for. I wish I had a crystal ball. GM just lowered the price of the Bolt to about 26k, brand new. I will keep waiting though...eventually the price of an EV will be the same as a gas car.

scottnews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3687 on: July 06, 2022, 05:08:36 AM »

We to are close to ordering a bare bones Maverick.  The stories of dealer markups for “market adjustments” are scaring us off.    Next summer we are thinking of renting a truck for a week instead of risking the markup…  Our current subcompact isn’t going to work and will be traveling more with FIRE near.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3688 on: July 06, 2022, 06:45:36 AM »

Sorry, I'm not understanding - why go for something that is both more expensive and not ergonomic?  That doesn't seem to solve either problem (although it is very cute).

The Ospreys look very nice for hiking or biking, but not very appropriate for a fairly dressy office.

I don't want to be that one person carrying a hiking backpack around when everyone else has normal purses or messenger bags (men).  I prefer not to stand out for anything other than the quality of my work.

Once I'm retired switching to a backpack would be a lot easier, but so far I haven't found any that are dressy enough and still have the ergonomic benefit compared to a purse, and aren't super expensive.  This is MMM after all, a $$$ replacement for a thrift store purse doesn't seem in character.  Which doesn't stop me wanting one.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3689 on: July 06, 2022, 06:47:07 AM »

We to are close to ordering a bare bones Maverick.  The stories of dealer markups for “market adjustments” are scaring us off.    Next summer we are thinking of renting a truck for a week instead of risking the markup…  Our current subcompact isn’t going to work and will be traveling more with FIRE near.

Same, reluctant to buy now precisely because of the dealer markups.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3690 on: July 06, 2022, 06:49:49 AM »
I’ve got a lariat hybrid in Cactus Grey ya can borrow in Madison if you ever want to test drive!

Sweet, in the Madison area myself.  How are you liking the hybrid config?  Did you test any with the ecoboost engine?

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3691 on: July 06, 2022, 07:24:45 AM »

Sorry, I'm not understanding - why go for something that is both more expensive and not ergonomic?  That doesn't seem to solve either problem (although it is very cute).

The Ospreys look very nice for hiking or biking, but not very appropriate for a fairly dressy office.

I don't want to be that one person carrying a hiking backpack around when everyone else has normal purses or messenger bags (men).  I prefer not to stand out for anything other than the quality of my work.

Once I'm retired switching to a backpack would be a lot easier, but so far I haven't found any that are dressy enough and still have the ergonomic benefit compared to a purse, and aren't super expensive.  This is MMM after all, a $$$ replacement for a thrift store purse doesn't seem in character.  Which doesn't stop me wanting one.

My reasoning for the computer bag was that although it's not as dressy as the typical professional woman's purse, it's perfectly in line with the professional bags that men carry. I refuse to pay a sexist premium for professional attire.

My bag is black and quite sleek, it's not a sporty bag. I find a lot of the professional computer bags are perfectly appropriate for offices.

I know you don't want to buy from Amazon, but this is just to use as an example.
https://www.amazon.ca/KROSER-Backpack-Computer-Water-Repellent-Men-Black/dp/B07KBXBV7C/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?keywords=computer+backpack&qid=1657113902&sr=8-14
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:26:22 AM by Malcat »

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3692 on: July 06, 2022, 07:28:14 AM »

My reasoning for the computer bag was that although it's not as dressy as the typical professional woman's purse, it's perfectly in line with the professional bags that men carry. I refuse to pay a sexist premium for professional attire.

My bag is black and quite sleek, it's not a sporty bag. I find a lot of the professional computer bags are perfectly appropriate for offices.

I know you don't want to buy from Amazon, but this is just to use as an example.
https://www.amazon.ca/KROSER-Backpack-Computer-Water-Repellent-Men-Black/dp/B07KBXBV7C/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?keywords=computer+backpack&qid=1657113902&sr=8-14

Sure!  But an Osprey is definitely not a sleek computer bag.

Also, in case I wasn't clear, I'm currently looking to avoid making a purchase at all and save the money instead.  Just because I'm not happy with my current purse is not a good reason to replace it.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3693 on: July 06, 2022, 07:30:55 AM »

Also, in case I wasn't clear, I'm currently looking to avoid making a purchase at all and save the money instead.  Just because I'm not happy with my current purse is not a good reason to replace it.

I've never thought about the dressiness of a bag.  It's just a way to get your stuff to where you are.  When you get in the office you take the thing off and stick it in your office/cube, right?  At that point you should be looking professional.  I don't think anyone gives a crap what you look like walking into or out of the building.

:P

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3694 on: July 06, 2022, 07:31:26 AM »

Ahhh....I thought you *needed* a new bag.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3695 on: July 06, 2022, 07:33:44 AM »
I've never thought about the dressiness of a bag.  It's just a way to get your stuff to where you are.  When you get in the office you take the thing off and stick it in your office/cube, right?  At that point you should be looking professional.  I don't think anyone gives a crap what you look like walking into or out of the building.

Professional attire expectations are very, very different for women.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3696 on: July 06, 2022, 07:37:59 AM »

This might be a men vs women thing, but I do need to carry my wallet, keys, cell phone, etc when going to different parts of the building.  Women's dress pants rarely have fully functional pockets.  And then there's things like period supplies that definitely won't fit in pockets.  No way I'm carrying those in my hands on the way to the restroom.

Ahhh....I thought you *needed* a new bag.

Nope, I just *want* a new bag.  But I will need one eventually, so all the ideas won't go to waste!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3697 on: July 06, 2022, 07:44:30 AM »

This might be a men vs women thing, but I do need to carry my wallet, keys, cell phone, etc when going to different parts of the building.  Women's dress pants rarely have fully functional pockets.  And then there's things like period supplies that definitely won't fit in pockets.  No way I'm carrying those in my hands on the way to the restroom.

Oh, it's definitely a men vs woman thing.  I feel like if men needed tampons, we would proudly display dozens of them strapped around our shoulders on leather bandoliers to signal our manly preparedness to others.  :P

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3698 on: July 06, 2022, 07:48:55 AM »

Oh, it's definitely a men vs woman thing.  I feel like if men needed tampons, we would proudly display dozens of them strapped around our shoulders on leather bandoliers to signal our manly preparedness to others.  :P

Lol! I would consider doing this if I got periods.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3699 on: July 06, 2022, 08:00:14 AM »

You should be able to find a dealer that'll take an order without adding dealer markup.  Buying one off the lot without markup is likely just about impossible, though.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!