Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1300957 times)

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #3350 on: December 07, 2021, 02:30:24 PM »
thinking of getting a fender mustang amp. right now i have a mustang headphone amp which works great but i still want a real amp. not sure why i want it as i would still use it with headphones.

So you can turn it up to 11?

;)
the new ones go to 12 now.

Does it come with a key and a Variac and a safety harness though?
Depending 9n what you like to play, the bugera v22 is a good alternative to the mustang. I had a mustang briefly and found it to be good with headphones, but disappointing in a room.

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3351 on: December 09, 2021, 01:59:35 PM »
Currently shopping for a new Silver Strike bowling machine (arcade game) for the bar room in my barn.

Had an old version years ago and it was a bunch of fun, but it puked out after many years of use.   It was a huge, old heavy box machine.   
New ones use a smart TV as the monitor and they are much better.

joe189man

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3352 on: December 09, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »
my lust of an electric pickup lead me down an internet rabbit hole. Some how i stumbled upon kit cars that can mimic super car performance and looks for a fraction of the price. Seems awesome and like a fun FIRE project

WSUCoug1994

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3353 on: December 10, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
Disclaimer - I am obsessed with Electric Vehicles - Volkswagen keeps teasing me about the ID Buzz California Camper Van - https://www.thedrive.com/news/43455/vw-id-buzz-california-camper-van-is-happening - I want one and I want one now.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3354 on: December 10, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
Our Lyft home from the airport last week was in a Tesla Y. I am adding it to my list for Santa.

Logically an S would make more sense since there are more of them on the used market and have been around longer to depreciate.

The S is pretty old technology -- given how low depreciation is on current Teslas and how many improvements have been made, I would go for a new Y over a used S.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3355 on: December 10, 2021, 10:20:22 AM »
All of a sudden this morning I had an urge for a new town to live in; a larger, grander house (ours is large and grand); a groundskeeper; and a huge workshop for toys and projects. And then I wished for a cozy cottage and unlimited time to read.  These two lines of thought do not go together.

julia

• Stubble
« Reply #3356 on: December 10, 2021, 12:57:45 PM »
A slightly bigger diamond on my engagement ring.
We're now married, and I'M the one that set the 800$ budget for my (at the time) boyfriend. He got me the exact style I wanted (simple solitaire diamond) but now years later, I wish we had spent the extra 700$ and gotten at least a 0.40 carat (I have a 0.21 carat).
I don't want to 'upgrade' because I love the ring itself and it has sentimental value... just wish the stone was bigger.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3357 on: December 10, 2021, 01:05:42 PM »
Our Lyft home from the airport last week was in a Tesla Y. I am adding it to my list for Santa.

Logically an S would make more sense since there are more of them on the used market and have been around longer to depreciate.

The S is pretty old technology -- given how low depreciation is on current Teslas and how many improvements have been made, I would go for a new Y over a used S.
I haven’t looked into either of them yet. What improvements does the Y have over the S?

Price is a factor. It might be a tough sell to get my husband to agree to a used S. A new Y is likely a pipe dream.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3358 on: December 10, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
We're now married, and I'M the one that set the 800$ budget for my (at the time) boyfriend. He got me the exact style I wanted (simple solitaire diamond) but now years later, I wish we had spent the extra 700$ and gotten at least a 0.40 carat (I have a 0.21 carat).
I don't want to 'upgrade' because I love the ring itself and it has sentimental value... just wish the stone was bigger.
FWIW, going from .21 to .4 would only get you a 24% increase in diameter, assuming the same cut.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3359 on: December 10, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »

Consider a moissanite, they've dramatically improved the colour in the past few years, it used to have a greenish tint, but now is D colour. You could get a massive stone for the cost of a .4c diamond.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3360 on: December 10, 2021, 04:00:53 PM »

Consider a moissanite, they've dramatically improved the colour in the past few years, it used to have a greenish tint, but now is D colour. You could get a massive stone for the cost of a .4c diamond.
A lab grown diamond is much more likely to be ethically sourced, too. As a geologist, the thought of a lab grown diamond is also just plain cool.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3361 on: December 10, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »
A lab grown diamond is much more likely to be ethically sourced, too. As a geologist, the thought of a lab grown diamond is also just plain cool.

It’s also what the cool kids are doing now.
https://wtmj.com/news/2021/12/08/more-engaged-couples-are-choosing-lab-grown-diamonds/

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3362 on: December 11, 2021, 02:14:45 AM »

One of my hobbies is wrist watches, and sometimes I buy and sell older watches that I like. On the used market, you can test a lot of stuff without losing much when reselling (the brands that actually go up in value are really, really outside of my budget - Rolex and the like).   I have sometimes felt a little urge to have an "iced" watch with diamonds or similar stones set in the dial.  Not that I'd actually wear something like that in public, but it is a corner of the "watch culture" that I haven't dipped my toe in yet.

The knowledge of the history of the diamond extraction and trade has however kept me solidly out of that so far.  I simply don't want to engage in that, even if the watch is decades old when I buy it.

And on top of that, the risk of getting something cheap fake that is just claimed to be diamonds or other gem stones is also a concern of mine.  I know too little of that trade, and I don't really have an urge to learn for the reasons stated above.

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3363 on: December 12, 2021, 06:39:38 AM »
Disclaimer - I am obsessed with Electric Vehicles - Volkswagen keeps teasing me about the ID Buzz California Camper Van - https://www.thedrive.com/news/43455/vw-id-buzz-california-camper-van-is-happening - I want one and I want one now.

These are so ridiculous and amazing.  I've always loved the VW camper vans, and I keep looking at pictures of this new one, haha.

I wish VW made a decent e-Golf, I would have bought one of those in a heartbeat earlier this year when my old Golf broke down.

SpaceCow

• Stubble
« Reply #3364 on: December 12, 2021, 10:13:41 AM »
Lusting after the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis that has a for sale sign on it. Rust free, low miles. $4k and it's mine. Thankfully, so far I've been unable to successfully delude myself into thinking that I need/want a third car for my one-person household.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3365 on: December 12, 2021, 06:05:40 PM »
I wish VW made a decent e-Golf, I would have bought one of those in a heartbeat earlier this year when my old Golf broke down.
What's your issue with the e-Golf? Insufficient range? They do make the ID.3 but unfortunately they decided the US isn't worthy of having it...

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3366 on: December 12, 2021, 08:00:11 PM »
What's your issue with the e-Golf? Insufficient range? They do make the ID.3 but unfortunately they decided the US isn't worthy of having it...

Range, because my parents (who to be fair I only visit a few times a year) are ~160 miles away, and also that I couldn't find one that wasn't black, white, or grey when I was looking for a car.  It's picky, I know, but if I'm going to get a VW I want it to be fun, haha.  The ID.3 looks nice, I'm sad they don't offer it in the US :(

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3367 on: December 12, 2021, 11:52:54 PM »
Range, because my parents (who to be fair I only visit a few times a year) are ~160 miles away, and also that I couldn't find one that wasn't black, white, or grey when I was looking for a car.  It's picky, I know, but if I'm going to get a VW I want it to be fun, haha.  The ID.3 looks nice, I'm sad they don't offer it in the US :(

If it was only range for trips to parents then it could be solved by renting a car or finding other means of travel when you visit them.  My oly car now is a two-seater with almost no room for luggage and which is not used in the winter.  That means that winter travel is by train and summer travel when I need more seats or room for luggage is by rental car. Cheaper than a new car. :)

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3368 on: December 14, 2021, 10:32:41 AM »

I haven’t looked into either of them yet. What improvements does the Y have over the S?

Price is a factor. It might be a tough sell to get my husband to agree to a used S. A new Y is likely a pipe dream.

Range be a likely big difference.  I think a standard 2018 S had about 259 miles range which would have dropped somewhat due to battery degradation.  A new Y has over 310 range with no degradation (yet).  And given that you shouldn't regularly charge over 80% of battery capacity and you don't want to take down to 0, that makes a difference. 

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3369 on: December 14, 2021, 01:09:55 PM »

Range be a likely big difference.  I think a standard 2018 S had about 259 miles range which would have dropped somewhat due to battery degradation.  A new Y has over 310 range with no degradation (yet).  And given that you shouldn't regularly charge over 80% of battery capacity and you don't want to take down to 0, that makes a difference.
I knew about not letting the battery get below 20% but not over 80%. Don’t most people plug them in when they get home and unplug them the next morning?

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3370 on: December 14, 2021, 01:18:27 PM »

I knew about not letting the battery get below 20% but not over 80%. Don’t most people plug them in when they get home and unplug them the next morning?
The software should allow you to set a maximum charge so you don't have to worry about accidentally overcharging it when not necessary.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3371 on: December 14, 2021, 02:07:10 PM »
Off the top of my head I think the max trip I would be interested in taking is around 60 miles from home (in the mountains to play in the snow). Maybe it is Covid making my world small, but I don’t anticipate the range being an issue. If we were to do a full road trip it would likely be in an ICE car. But given how little the kid enjoy being stuck in the car, I don’t see that happening any time soon.

My husband and I have pretty much compromised on “I’ll never convince you about my views on cars so you drive whatever you want and I’ll drive X”. Hah. He has his heart set on some kind of a Subaru and for now I love my GTI. The only issue I see is next year when my #2 starts school and I need to find a way to pick up four kids at school and drop them off somewhere. (We share pickup duties with another family).

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3372 on: December 14, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »
Yeah, Lithium ion batteries will last waaaaaaay longer if they are kept between 20% and 80%.  IIRC, if they're fully charged, they degrade much faster, even without cycling.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3373 on: December 17, 2021, 03:51:39 PM »
Yeah, Lithium ion batteries will last waaaaaaay longer if they are kept between 20% and 80%.  IIRC, if they're fully charged, they degrade much faster, even without cycling.

There's some overhead built in (e.g. usable battery size is less than the actual battery size).  90% is the generally accepted 'safe' max charge level for Tesla.

The headlights are significantly worse on the S (even the new Model S has terrible headlights).  Also when you get into an S old enough to be notably cheaper than a Model 3/Y, the battery warranty is getting up there in age (8 years / 150k mi I think, with the 3/Y at 8/100k).

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3374 on: December 18, 2021, 07:41:37 PM »
I want to take a guided tour of all the Lord of the Rings filming locations in New Zealand.

Please note, that now I have decided I want to do this, it will happen. It might take 10 years, but it will happen. And I will find a way to make it happen in a reasonable cost way. At least reasonable for traveling thousands of miles. But it will happen.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #3375 on: December 19, 2021, 03:24:18 AM »
I want to take a guided tour of all the Lord of the Rings filming locations in New Zealand.

Please note, that now I have decided I want to do this, it will happen. It might take 10 years, but it will happen. And I will find a way to make it happen in a reasonable cost way. At least reasonable for traveling thousands of miles. But it will happen.

You can probably travel hack the flights/hotels in 3-6 months without any manufactured spending. This might be a great time to dive into that fun hobby addiction.

rebel_quietude

• Stubble
« Reply #3376 on: December 19, 2021, 06:34:56 AM »

I'm not sure this belongs in this particular thread.

As a LOTR fan myself . . . really, you've just decided to travel to some of the most spectacular scenery on earth, after an extremely talented production team did all the work of identifying the locations for you.

I'm already looking forward to reading about it here once you make it happen. :D

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3377 on: December 20, 2021, 05:18:40 AM »
I need new living room furniture.  Both my couch and my loveseat are missing a leg.  I've learned my lesson about cheap furniture.  What I really want is a sectional with a chaise on the right arm.  What I'm finding is that none of the ready-made furniture actually fits in my house.  I really like the idea of the Lovesac modular furniture because I could totally make those work in my small space, but the price is about twice what I'm wanting to pay. 

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3378 on: December 20, 2021, 06:37:39 AM »
I need new living room furniture.  Both my couch and my loveseat are missing a leg.  I've learned my lesson about cheap furniture.  What I really want is a sectional with a chaise on the right arm.  What I'm finding is that none of the ready-made furniture actually fits in my house.  I really like the idea of the Lovesac modular furniture because I could totally make those work in my small space, but the price is about twice what I'm wanting to pay.

Ikea usually has great apartment sized furniture. Our modular sofas are from Ikea, and the frame is solid metal.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3379 on: December 20, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »

Ikea usually has great apartment sized furniture. Our modular sofas are from Ikea, and the frame is solid metal.

Thank you!  I think this may be exactly what I'm looking for. 

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3380 on: December 20, 2021, 09:15:35 PM »

As a LOTR fan myself . . . really, you've just decided to travel to some of the most spectacular scenery on earth, after an extremely talented production team did all the work of identifying the locations for you.

I'm already looking forward to reading about it here once you make it happen. :D

Oh it does. Because I want the GUIDED tour. North and south islands, studio, Weta, all of it. Which means, prepackaged. I won't be DIYing this myself. It needs to be spoon fed to me so that I can just follow along in a daze of happiness and look at EVERYTHING. I don't want to worry about anything. I might take a ridiculously large number of photos. I might wear a different costume from the movie every day. I want the rest of the group, who will likely be strangers, to think there's something wrong with me in a harmless way.

And this isn't cheap. Just, I'm not gonna pay $20k for it. Well, maybe once I get the costumes. If nothing else, that amount of luggage is going to be expensive.

Edit: Themed costumes! I'll be a Hobbit for Hobbiton! Galadriel for Lothlorien! Arwen for Imladris! Eowyn for Rohan! Strider for Bree! (is the Bree set still there?)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 09:19:30 PM by Sibley »

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3381 on: December 20, 2021, 09:46:28 PM »
A new mattress. I probably said this last year too. Mattress shopping ranks up there with car and appliance shopping that I indefinitely postpone because I do not find the shopping process, enjoyable :(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 09:51:18 PM by partgypsy »

friedmmj

• Bristles
« Reply #3382 on: December 21, 2021, 06:09:51 AM »
A new mattress. I probably said this last year too. Mattress shopping ranks up there with car and appliance shopping that I indefinitely postpone because I do not find the shopping process, enjoyable :(

That doesn't seem to fit the thread title of stupid things.  I believe a quality mattress ranks fairly high on life priorities after good food, shelter, etc.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3383 on: December 21, 2021, 08:53:28 AM »

Oh it does. Because I want the GUIDED tour. North and south islands, studio, Weta, all of it. Which means, prepackaged. I won't be DIYing this myself. It needs to be spoon fed to me so that I can just follow along in a daze of happiness and look at EVERYTHING. I don't want to worry about anything. I might take a ridiculously large number of photos. I might wear a different costume from the movie every day. I want the rest of the group, who will likely be strangers, to think there's something wrong with me in a harmless way.

And this isn't cheap. Just, I'm not gonna pay $20k for it. Well, maybe once I get the costumes. If nothing else, that amount of luggage is going to be expensive.

Edit: Themed costumes! I'll be a Hobbit for Hobbiton! Galadriel for Lothlorien! Arwen for Imladris! Eowyn for Rohan! Strider for Bree! (is the Bree set still there?)

I went to Hobbiton.  It was wonderful.  Be prepared to walk.  Up and down.  Good shoes. 

And there is my stupidest thing.  Because I want to run away from winter to New Zealand.  And it isn't happening, at least not this year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:56:03 AM by RetiredAt63 »

driftwood

• Bristles
« Reply #3384 on: December 21, 2021, 10:03:05 AM »
2021 or later Crosstrek with a 2" lift - $30k?
Sylvansport Go camping/hauling trailer - $10k
Dirt bike - $8k

Just found out that the Air Force is keeping me in CO for the next 3.5 years, so the temptation to buy all those things is even greater. I retire from active duty in five years, and I want to have all my toys bought and paid for before then. Trying to chill out and save money and enjoy less expensive things like mountain biking and hiking. I really want the expanded range that I can get from a street legal dirt bike here. Miles and miles of back roads and trails through the mountains are calling my name.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3385 on: December 21, 2021, 11:26:32 AM »

I just bought a LoveSac Sactional, about two months ago.  There are soooo many options secondhand.  I bought the bulk of my set from a FB site called DiscountBros Auctions (but their Lovesac stuff is not auctioned.  Find the group on FB and PM the admin, whose name is Nino.).  I know they are really ramping up their Lovesac options and I don't know if that has changed their prices, but it was about 60% off retail, plus shipping.  (I haggled slightly with them, so that's worth a try as well.)  It came with covers, but not the color I wanted, so I am selling those (if you are interested in taupe padded velvet, LMK!  ;) ).  I bought my covers and a couple more inserts I needed from ebay, and then finished the set off with just a very few items from LS directly.  It will come to just over 50% off retail (and even better once I get around to selling those covers).

The DiscountBros stuff is secondhand.  I think most of it is floor models, and some of it is returns.  Several of our pieces were clearly brand new, but I think if someone buys a set, opens a few pieces and doesn't like them, and then returns everything, it is all considered a return, even the unopened items.  And the used items were in great shape.  The only signs of wear were scratches on the "shoes" which are the wood shares into which you put the feet, so they are under the sofa and you don't see them. 

My collection of pieces from DiscountBros, Marketplace, ebay, and new from Lovesac are all set up together and you can't tell the difference.

I can not believe people pay full price (or retail minus 20%. which they do offer periodically).  I'm in a Facebook Lovesac group, which I joined as I was researching, and people are paying >$10,000 for a damn sofa.  And it is truly so easy to get it for less than that.

Costco also sells it.  It comes and goes but it seems like it is never gone for more than a month.  Color options are limited.  The price is good, but only if you want everything that comes with it.  It comes with a bunch of extras--tables and drink holders and blankets and throw pillows and a bean bag.  So they suck a lot of people in, but for most it probably isn't the way to go.   

rebel_quietude

• Stubble
« Reply #3386 on: December 23, 2021, 05:13:39 AM »

You and I are going to get along just fine.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3387 on: December 24, 2021, 11:26:00 AM »

You and I are going to get along just fine.

I'll only pack one, a kind of gauzy hooded deal, and track and shadow your group from afar as a Nazgul (jk)

SailingOnASmallSailboat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3388 on: December 24, 2021, 01:23:39 PM »
Lusting after a fitbit Inspire (duh, I can just, you know, set a timer and go for a walk), a new iphone (for the camera. Since the camera phone I have does not do any wide-angle to speak of), and a subscription to Headspace (hoping there is a New Year's deal). Not likely to get any as they're not worth the cost to me but isn't that the topic of this thread?

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3389 on: December 25, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »
Broke down, bought a mattress (one of the bed in a boxes). I think I delayed buying a mattress for a long time, is that while there are so many beds on the market, it seems like the entire market has changed. (old man rant coming) Previously could go in store to try mattresses, and there were reasonable and comfortable and flippable coil mattresses. The last mattress I had was not flippable, and I don't feel they last as long.  Anyways bought a hybrid one from zenius. Keeping my fingers crossed that I like it and it lasts

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3390 on: December 25, 2021, 09:38:51 AM »
Broke down, bought a mattress (one of the bed in a boxes). I think I delayed buying a mattress for a long time, is that while there are so many beds on the market, it seems like the entire market has changed. (old man rant coming) Previously could go in store to try mattresses, and there were reasonable and comfortable and flippable coil mattresses. The last mattress I had was not flippable, and I don't feel they last as long.  Anyways bought a hybrid one from zenius. Keeping my fingers crossed that I like it and it lasts
Mattresses are consumables in the same way that running g shoes are, and sleep is key to overall quality of life. Hope you sleep better once it us there!

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3391 on: December 30, 2021, 07:23:41 AM »
Thanks! Supposed to be delivered next week (from Sam's Club). Lately I've been sleeping diagonally on my old mattress because otherwise get up with neck and upper back pain and stiffness. also since going through menopause my sleep is easier to disturb so I think regardless of mattress I just have a harder time staying asleep. Regardless, when I went on vacation I would get up from bed without that pain/stiffness,=. Same when I sleep over at my gentleman friend's house.

In college and for a few years after that, I slept on a cotton futon and it was fine. When I was in High school my mattress was so old and lumpy sometimes I would sleep on the floor because it actually was more comfortable. I was debating whether or not trying to go back to a futon. But was afraid now that I'm much older, I wouldn't find it as comfortable. My older daughter has a futon style mattress from Ikea, so when she goes off to college I'm going to sleep a night in her bed just out of curiosity.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:30:26 AM by partgypsy »

Much Fishing to Do

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3392 on: December 30, 2021, 07:34:34 AM »
Continuing the Holiday Eating & Drinking.

My wallet can afford it....my waste-line cannot....

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3393 on: December 30, 2021, 12:50:57 PM »
I want a Winter Jazzfest (postponed due to Omicron) tote bag. They have some cool ones this year. I already have a very cool tote bag as well as two other reusable shopping bags and have no use case whatsoever for another one.

I also kind of want one of their pins, which are only $10, and are purely decorative, and are entirely pointless. I just miss Winter Jazzfest, I think. Stupid Omicron. :-(

mr.mac

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3394 on: December 30, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »
Continuing the Holiday Eating & Drinking.

My wallet can afford it....my waste-line cannot....

Same here

Beardog

• Bristles
« Reply #3395 on: December 31, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »
A Zojirushi rice cooker.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3396 on: December 31, 2021, 06:32:22 PM »
Either a defunct library or an old bank, both in different small towns of NZ.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3397 on: December 31, 2021, 07:06:00 PM »
Either a defunct library or an old bank, both in different small towns of NZ.

The library seems a lot more practical. Lots of shelves to put things on, very cozy and friendly feeling. Banks have lots of echoey marble and hard, slippery floors and nowhere to put anything unless you need really *secure* storage.

Zola.

• Bristles
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #3398 on: January 11, 2022, 02:04:55 PM »
A motorcycle - primarily as I got a new job in the city centre and public transport sucks.

I can also get free parking for it in the back yard (none for cars).

Signed up for lessons!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3399 on: January 11, 2022, 06:54:01 PM »
A motorcycle - primarily as I got a new job in the city centre and public transport sucks.

I can also get free parking for it in the back yard (none for cars).

Signed up for lessons!
Practice, practice, practice your braking, and quick reaction skills. Doing those drills saved my butt a time or two. After a tough lesson including trip to the hospital and subsequent surgery to reconstruct my foot, I started practicing drills for a few minutes in a parking lot regularly at the end of each longer ride. There is no substitute for muscle memory when you need it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!