Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 359454 times)

RWD

• Magnum Stache
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #2100 on: April 09, 2019, 08:38:48 AM »
I want all five seasons of Stargate Atlantis on DVD. Silly I know.

That is silly. It's cheaper on Blu-ray!

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2101 on: April 09, 2019, 09:04:32 AM »
I want all five seasons of Stargate Atlantis on DVD. Silly I know.

I....might have those somewhere, but I may have (probably...) given them away. PM me to remind me and I'll check when I get home.

eljefe-speaks

• Stubble
« Reply #2102 on: April 10, 2019, 11:24:55 AM »
New guitar. And only because (1) the neck is exactly 1.5" longer than my current guitar, and (2) I perceive it to be more "metal" as my current guitar is more "rock & roll". Lusting after objects does not get much stupider than that folks.

eljefe-speaks

• Stubble
« Reply #2103 on: April 10, 2019, 11:33:05 AM »
...even though I couldn't afford it with money I didn't have.

Meaning you COULD afford it with money you DID have?

mountain mustache

• Bristles
« Reply #2104 on: April 10, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »
I want my body to start working, so I can stop spending all of my extra money on medical bills. $10k last year, and starting this year off at $2500. It's a stupid thing to lust after because life doesn't work that way...but man, I'd be doing really well if I could have thrown all of that money in my savings, instead of towards medical bills.

ApacheStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2105 on: April 10, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
New guitar. And only because (1) the neck is exactly 1.5" longer than my current guitar, and (2) I perceive it to be more "metal" as my current guitar is more "rock & roll". Lusting after objects does not get much stupider than that folks.

I know the feeling. 10 years ago, when I started earning a decent paycheck I started collecting electric guitars because I liked the color or the fretboard inlay design looked cool, or I didn't already own a guitar with that brand name or I didn't have X type of humbuckers on my current guitars. I think I have 6-7 guitars at this point, but most of them were purchased from second hand music shops or on scratch and dent discounts. I now have the first-world problem of having too many guitars to clean, maintain, store, tune and etc.

rothwem

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2106 on: April 11, 2019, 07:47:02 AM »
I want my body to start working, so I can stop spending all of my extra money on medical bills. $10k last year, and starting this year off at $2500. It's a stupid thing to lust after because life doesn't work that way...but man, I'd be doing really well if I could have thrown all of that money in my savings, instead of towards medical bills.

Ugh. I get that. 

I've had recurring knee issues and every time I go to the PT, its ~$100 and I think, "another day of retirement, spent at the PT".  But with that said, I don't think that it would be much fun to be retired and feeble, so I pony up and get it done. 

Parizade

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2107 on: May 13, 2019, 04:05:38 PM »
I want a Tern GSD. I don't need it but I want it so bad. If I got one it would probably sit in my garage all the time because I don't have any need for such a thing. But I want it so bad now.

Tern GSD cargo ebike
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:07:37 PM by Parizade »

DadJokes

• Bristles
« Reply #2108 on: May 13, 2019, 05:33:15 PM »
I want a Tern GSD. I don't need it but I want it so bad. If I got one it would probably sit in my garage all the time because I don't have any need for such a thing. But I want it so bad now.

Tern GSD cargo ebike

You know itís expensive when you canít find the price on the website.

Parizade

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2109 on: May 13, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »

Tern GSD cargo ebike

You know itís expensive when you canít find the price on the website.

$3999 at REI. 400lb cargo capacity and 150 mile rt battery.

partgypsy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2110 on: May 14, 2019, 07:12:43 AM »
A remodeled bathroom, which if I am able to use the workers I'm hoping to use, will cost something that is reasonable so I will go forward with it.

The other thing that I want to do is (facepunch time) a trip to Universal studios. Another friend of mine is taking her family in the fall; we all as a group get along really well so it is very tempting, plus i've never been.   

The only other trip I have planned in the future is to visit my immediate family in the summer. We were supposed to do a nice vacation during that visit (state park), but as my older brother is seriously ill, any "fun" plans are up in the air.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2111 on: May 14, 2019, 07:28:13 AM »
A Toyota Corolla iM, or whatever it's called. The functional replacement for the Pontiac Vibe.

Except I have a car and no reason to replace it other than I miss my Vibe.

mathlete

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2112 on: May 14, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »
A new PC. Mine is 8 years old. But the thing is, I sit at a PC all day at work and never really feel like using on at home, so I'm not sure what I'd do with it.

RWD

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2113 on: May 14, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »
A Toyota Corolla iM, or whatever it's called. The functional replacement for the Pontiac Vibe.

Toyota Auris, Toyota Corolla Hatchback, Toyota Corolla HB, Scion iM, Toyota Corolla iM, Toyota Blade. Take your pick. Looks like in the US they are currently going with the name Toyota Corolla Hatchback:
https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/2019

zolotiyeruki

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2114 on: May 14, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »

Toyota Auris, Toyota Corolla Hatchback, Toyota Corolla HB, Scion iM, Toyota Corolla iM, Toyota Blade. Take your pick. Looks like in the US they are currently going with the name Toyota Corolla Hatchback:
https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/2019
FWIW, I saw a review of it, and now I want one, too.  It sounds like a well-designed, well-thought-out car.  The problem is that my '95 Corolla is still going strong, and I don't want to spend the money to replace it.

penguintroopers

• Stubble
« Reply #2115 on: May 14, 2019, 09:50:42 AM »
Upgrading my iPhone

To defend myself a little bit: current iPhone is an iPhone 6, over 4 years old, and now the speakers don't work for phone calls. Wifi calling is fine, but on cellular calls I can't hear the other person. They can hear me fine, but I cant here them, whether its through the phone, the speaker, my bluetooth earbuds, bluetooth car... nothing works.

On the upside, brother has a spare iPhone 6 plus that he uses for his software programming stuff. Said 6+ doesn't need to make phone calls, so we can swap phones when we see each other over the weekend. Dunno what to offer him yet as my thanks (plus this is a downgrade to him, so I want to throw at least a little $ in the pot for him). Also, he's planning on upgrading when the newest fanciest thing is announced, and offered his X for cheap.

Husband when I told him brother wanted to upgrade from the iPhone X. "What?! What is there to upgrade past the X?!" Me: "The XS and XR?" (don't worry, I didn't know about them either until I was at the apple store yesterday trying to get my phone fixed.)