Author Topic: UPDATED! I need help from fellow frugal eaters. Groceries are killing us!  (Read 3220 times)

PFHC

• Pencil Stache
  • Busy doing.
Hey y'all.

A little update on my original grocery post now that a year has passed.

So, after all of that, how'd we do? I'd say OK.

Here's 2014:
Trips                          135          
Trips/Wk                     2.60         
Avg cost/trip         $125.94         
Total                   $17,001.24     

Now, 2015:

Pre-MMM                   Post-MMM   
Trips                                  95                                  46   
Trips/wk                         2.84                                2.09   
Avg cost/trip             $108.88                          $104.70          2015 Total:
Total                   $10,343.52                   $4,820.27           $15,163.79

So, FUCK YA! Improvement! Both in trips/wk and cost/trip, thus, lower yearly spend than 2014. Stoked.

I bet you're all wondering if we carried on into 2016? Welp, the numbers say:

YTD 2016
Trips                               89
Trips/wk                      2.54
Avg cost/trip          $108.01
Total                 $9,612.89

Hell maybe!

Number of trips for the same timeframe is down. Cost per trip is close, and we're down about $700. Cool! Long fucking ways to go, but cool.

Now, we both admit we fell off the wagon several times this year. A couple trips home (erm... this last one), were bad. We can do better. Here's the cool part. We're going to! Why? Because ol' PFHC is going to swallow the anchor. I'm coming home, for a while at least. And, we're moving to an area with a lower COL, especially in the area of groceries. Hell, there's even a Costco!!

I've started a journal about our move. I'll also be posting links to stuff like this. If you're interested to follow our progress in our struggle against the grocerybeast and other unsavories such as remote homeownership, complete noob rental propery owners, 6 year old entrepeneurs, and poetry, then click the link down below and follow along! 

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Glad to hear your update on the groceries! Do you feel like you're still sticking to your healthy eating principles?

PFHC

• Pencil Stache
  • Busy doing.
Glad to hear your update on the groceries! Do you feel like you're still sticking to your healthy eating principles?
Yes, definitely! We all feel great, our energy is stable, and everyone's health is top notch. No complaints!

I'm excited to see what we can do when we get down to an area with so many more places to source cheap food. Very excited.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!