Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 2125 times)

Guitarguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Thank you!
« on: November 05, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all for contributing your knowledge to the forum discussions over the last few years. Thanks to this site and the people that have contributed here, my wife and I have been able to use your financial advice to erase 100k in student and car loan debt.

I just found out recently that I'm going to lose my job, and 4 years ago that would've been a disaster. Now, we're treating it as a learning experience and an opportunity start a new business or career path.

Thank you!

Classical_Liberal

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 04:52:39 PM »
I feel the same way!  Rock on guitarguy!  Best of luck in your new chapter!

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »
Glad you are in a better place, Guitarguy!  Your gratitude is lovely but remember that giving advice is only part of the equation.  A huge part is acting on the advice, which you and your wife have done.  Kudos to you!

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 01:27:34 AM »
This is fucking badass. Good work Guitarguy; and good luck with your next employement opportunity!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 01:12:55 AM »
Amazing when what could have been a catastrophe becomes not even an inconvenience, but an opportunity.

Best of luck with whatever life throws at you next.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 02:09:53 AM »
Awesome attitude!  Way to put yourself in a situation where you can look at what would be a disaster for most people as an opportunity. 

Good luck.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.