Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 3317776 times)

Thomas54

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1250 on: April 18, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
Hello All,

I'm Tom.  I'm new here also.  I've visited the site a few times in the past, but I've not been active.  I'm 59 and my wife and I are both retired and completely out of debt.  The house is paid for and our four kids are out of college and on their own.  We have 6 grand kids and we seem to be spending way too much money.  Financially, my wife and I are comfortable, but with the economy the way it is and the future not looking very bright, I'm looking for ways to make my retirement money stretch further.

Tom

SEdude

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1251 on: April 19, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Hi MMM forum,

I've recently found the MMM site and look forward to using all the great mustachian advice to improve my financial situation and retire early. I'm in my early 20's, live in the southeast, recent college grad with no debt and a modest net worth. I recently opened up a vanguard account and invested the money that was wasting away in my savings account. I've been into minimalism for the last two years which has principles that go together great with mustachian ways. Most of all I just want to find a way of life that maximizes happiness!

See you all around the forums

curlycue

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1252 on: April 19, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »
I recently found this site and can't believe I didn't find it sooner. I made some bad decisions using credit cards in my 20's, then dug myself out of that revolving debt with a lot of hard work. I am now studying more about investing and financial management. I am so happy to learn from you all and be inspired and encouraged by your advice and stories.

mariebl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1253 on: April 20, 2014, 03:07:48 AM »
Hi, I am 55 and not financially independent yet, but at least I now know what needs to be done!

Suit

• Bristles
« Reply #1254 on: April 20, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm a 28 year old single woman living in Portland, Oregon, and working as a lawyer (thus the name). I found this blog a couple months ago and the forum a few weeks later. I'm so glad that I've found both! I've always been a bit of a saver but never really had a purpose to it (other than the idea that I should buy a house, new car, etc) or knew how powerful saving large percentages could be. I'm hoping to be FI in about 10 years and hoping not to get too many face punches along the way :)

jda1984

• Stubble
« Reply #1255 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Hi, I'm Jonathan and live with my family in the midwest.  We only have mortgage debt left and are saving for FI.

animalbaskets

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1256 on: April 21, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »
Greetings!
I'm almost 39 and was divorced nine months ago. With that change I decided to sell everything and move to Mexico to start a new life for myself including a new WAY of living. I have a job where I earn pesos while still trying to pay off 9k in "shared" CC debt in my name. I am always looking for tools and tips to save money as my plan is to start my own business!

Shooter_D

• Stubble
« Reply #1257 on: April 21, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 28 year old gal from Canada! I've been reading the blog for months and just recently joined the forum and started to browse all this great information! I'm fairly frugal, though have had some lifestyle inflation since getting a full-time job and leaving studenthood. I've been making some changes recently and I'm starting to track my finances more carefully, aiming to cut down on extra expenditures and socking a lot away in my savings/investments. I hope to learn more about these pursuits and stay motivated by keeping up to date with the forums, and maybe starting a journal.

Cheers!

mrkwkkrn

« Reply #1258 on: April 22, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Mark, and I am 30.  I got married November of 2013, moved from Canada to the US, and now am looking for a job. 

I just found this forum, and we are pretty close to being out of debt, and then starting to save up for retirement!

Mark

Gwyidion

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1259 on: April 22, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
Hey everyone!

27 year old comp. bio graduate student here, with credit card debt, student loans, and relatives who i'd like to pay back some day.

Hopefully, I finish this year and get a job that pays real money. Especially because we're expecting (a daughter!).

Really enjoy the simple aspects of life. I'd like to make a home and not worry about money.

-h

bornloser

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1260 on: April 22, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Hello everyone, im 35, married with two kids, living in the western burbs of Chicago, whos living the dream!

came across this site from the average married dad blog. im looking to learn more on what to do for my financial future, save more, and retire one day. currently beside my house and a car payment I carry less then $500.00 of credit card debt which is paid off every month form my work expenses, and a few item we purchase online which is paid off monthly or bi-monthly. were watching our money as much as we can and I know we can do better at this. 

looking forward to building something out of nothing. 

steam

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1261 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:30 PM »
Hi!  I am Steam and I seem to be running out of it!  My next post is going to be a case study.  I am preparing myself  to be a bit beat up. Great site tho!

Davids

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1262 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
Hi, my name is David, I am 32 and I work for a fortune 500 company in finance/accounting. I discovered MMM months ago and have been lurking on this board, finally decided to register and post whenever I can. I feel I am frugal (except for TP and beer) but definitely could be more frugal. I have recently started to max my 401K and Roth IRA and my wife as well recently started maxing her 401K and finally started a Roth IRA beginning of this year (after long time of convincing). We will be expecting our first child later this year so frugality will be higher as she will go part time after her maternity leave. Our only debt is our mortgage. No cc, auto or student loan debt. We bought our house in 2010 and my goal is to have it paid off by 2020. I am not looking for ERE but definitely want to achieve FI so that at least I know the option is available where I do not HAVE to work. 

PaulD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1263 on: April 23, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
Greetings, my name is Paul and I am a retired US Navy officer currently employed as a civilian by the USCG.  I have had a decades long interest in personal finance and even have a little training - I took all of the CFP courses and the CFP exam.  (I am NOT a CFP - just wanted to knowledge.)

Stumbled across this forum doing a little internet research and decided to join. I ran my own forum (on a different subject) for several years, so I think i tend to be a good forum citizen.  :)

Looking forward to some interesting discussions and gaining some additional knowledge.

sequim

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1264 on: April 24, 2014, 09:54:19 AM »
Hello, my name is Linda, from Issaquah, Washington.  My husband and I really want to get off the treadmill of working full time and be able to have more freedom. Not looking for traditional retirement (even though we are 51 and 61 in ages) but freedom to work when we want, where we want, how much we want and yet not have to be extremely penny-pinching (did this in my hippie/artsy days and I do prefer having money over being poor). 

Anyways, I am so happy to be living in the age of internet when one can connect with so many others and share ideas like this!  It's very exciting and motivating to read the stories and different circumstances of everybody.  I look forward to being a contributor as I've been brainstorming ideas on how to make our desire a reality.  My husband tends to not follow up on ideas of what we'd like to do so I have to show him that they are possible.  In my opinion, if you can think it, you can make it happen.  But the first step is thinking it possible and he needs a little convincing on that.

LiseE

• Stubble
« Reply #1265 on: April 24, 2014, 10:58:04 AM »
Hi I'm Lisa .. been reading lots of articles and forum conversations on this site for several weeks now.  I'm married with two little boys (9 & 6).  We have been living beyond our means for many years and I've grown tired of constantly saying "where the h*ll does our money go?" I'm the money manager for the family so thanks to this site I'm fully on board to clamp down on frivolous spending, getting rid of our debt and building our wealth so we can retire and enjoy our kids and each other while we still can!

We are in our mid 40's and have been putting contributing to 401K's (17% with 100 of that matched by employers) so we have a good 401K foundation but we have lots of CC debt and a mortgage which is the current focus.  Starting May 1 we will be using an envelop system as per Dave Ramsey's book for family expenses like dining out, etc.  Hubby and I will also have monthly allowances starting in May.  I have not managed our spending at all over the years so this will be an eye opener for sure.  I'm excited to learn about all of the trimming we can do!

My hubby is slowly coming on board .. I kind of blind sided him but I keep mentioning how because of our debt we are slaves to our jobs and our goal is to be slaves no more!  If we want to continue to work then so be it .. but the freedom to do so would be unbelievably awesome!!

alphalemming

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1266 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »
Welcome, your family is much like mine.  Mid 40's. 2 twin 11 year old boys.  It's amazing how much of the financial independance and planning concepts, the little guys can really understand ... when they are willing to listen.

Mrs. Frugalwoods

• Bristles
« Reply #1267 on: April 24, 2014, 02:05:31 PM »
Howdy!
My husband and I are debt-free, 30-year-old professionals working towards FI and a rural homestead–‘til then, we’re writing about our adventures in frugal urban living with our greyhound at www.frugalwoods.com.

We save upwards of 65% annually and are getting close to FI (yay)! We plan to enter “rural retirement” within the next few years by starting a homestead and living a fulfilling life of purpose, simplicity, and peace on 60+ wooded acres. Love reading about and sharing ideas on frugality, simple living, and the absolute freedom that we enjoy by not being controlled by material goods or driven by consumerism!

Thank you all for posting and creating this community—it’s hard for us to find like-minded folks and a real comfort to know we’re not the only ones (everyone else thinks we’re crazy ;) ).

Frugally yours,
Mrs. Frugalwoods

snareman1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1268 on: April 24, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
Welcome Mrs. Frugalwoods!
We plan to enter “rural retirement” within the next few years by starting a homestead and living a fulfilling life of purpose, simplicity, and peace on 60+ wooded acres.
60 plus wooded acres sounds great! May I ask in what area this will be? I have a similar goal and like to know what locations people choose for these kind of things

sunnyca

• Bristles
« Reply #1269 on: April 24, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »
Hi everyone!  I just realized that I've been posting for a little while without introducing myself.  So...

I'm Sunny, an analyst for a local government in Orange County, CA.  Used to audit local governments and do taxes at a local CPA firm, then made the switch to government a little while after getting my CPA license. 

Discovered MMM late last year, and having been working hard this year to incorporate the MMM principles into daily life.  I wasn't a terrible spender before, but I wasn't a great saver, either.  I've managed to cut my spending this year to increase my savings rate from 15% to a little under 50% (yay!).

Gracie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1270 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
Hello, I'm Gracie, 28 yo doctor. A friend from the Dave Ramsey site introduced me to MMM. Love the principles and I'm paying down debt to built the Stache.

Mrs. Frugalwoods

• Bristles
« Reply #1271 on: April 25, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »
60 plus wooded acres sounds great! May I ask in what area this will be? I have a similar goal and like to know what locations people choose for these kind of things

Thanks for asking, snareman1! We're scouting out southern Vermont, primarily the rural areas outside of Brattleboro, VT. It's a beautiful, wooded environment and we have our eyes on a few properties currently for sale. We like the proximity to big cities (2hrs to Boston, 3.5hrs to NYC) and also the town of Brattleboro--full of artists, culture, and a good vibe. While we don't plan on having a daily commute (we'll be working on the land), we do want access to a nice little town. We currently live in Boston and will keep our home here as a rental property; thus, the 2hr drive will make it feasible for us to manage that property ourselves.

Where are you looking and what plans do you have for the land?

downtownshuter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1272 on: April 25, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
Just realized it's a sort of courtesy to introduce yourself here if you're going to post in the forum. I've read all the MMM posts but don't post much myself...

I work in finance in the detroit area, late 20s, married without kids. We currently have about 6 years of expenses saved, adding about 2.5 years of expenses annually. Would like to either make a career transition in 2-3 years or a full retirement in 5-6 years. Can't wait!

I might get a wrist slap around here for not being an index investor. I enjoy managing my own investments with a concentrated portfolio of value oriented stocks.

Nice to meet everyone!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:20:16 AM by downtownshuter »

leegun

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1273 on: April 25, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »
Hi

I have been reading this site for awhile now

I am from Australia and have been doing this for awhile without realizing other where doing it. It has been great motivation to see that you can actually retire early from doing this.

I owe about 20k on my 4 bedroom house in Central Victoria, and deciding on whether to buy another or invest in shares next

takemitsu

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1274 on: April 26, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Hello!

I've been reading this blog and forum for a long time now, but had never joined the forum.

I don't like my job.
I compose music / write in my spare time.
I'm quite frugal, but I love traveling.
I'm not Japanese, but I love Japan.

And yes, of course, I'm (hopefully) on my way to FI.

Rezdent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1275 on: April 26, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »
Hi
I've been reading the blog for a while now.  I found "YMOYL" in 2010 and eventually found MM.
I'm late 40s.  SO early 60s.  Our last kid just turned 18 and planning to move out - soon empty nesters!  That will really help us accelerate.
We're in a bit better shape than most; no credit debt but in 2010 were carrying 3 mortgages totalling over 168 K, looking at 20 years more of payments and hadn't really thought about getting off the gerbil wheel.  We felt over leveraged plus had very little for retirement.
 We've shaved 15 years off the debts and still added to our stache over the last 4 years.
I am pretty excited at the idea of not having to work full time within the next 8 years or so but I have to find more ideas that work for us to get there.

Begonia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1276 on: April 26, 2014, 10:54:54 PM »
Greetings --

I'm Begonia from San Francisco, almost 48 years old, and elated to be here! I came across MMM via some comments on a minimalist blog, maybe Courtney Carver's or Life Edited.

I started to get serious about reining in the spending and simplifying my life when I was considering buying a condo in the Bay Area last year. The reality check was monstrous and the tiny house option seemed like the best way to go. That's on hold, and I'm still renting in this crazy expensive town, but the cool thing is that I'm just a few months away from throwing in the towel at a job I should have left years ago.

Because of some rotten financial decisions of my youth, I'm a long way from FI, but I decided I'm done with full-time work so I'm turning my side hustle into my main source of income come September. I've done the math and it's going to work. I'm debt free with the exception of a car lease that ends next year, been stashing cash for almost a year (about $15K), buying consignment clothes, making my own cosmetics, cooking and freezing up a storm, recycling, removing, reconsidering life goals and values. I still have some face-punch-worthy habits (dry cleaning, getting the Sunday NYT delivered, a sick cell phone plan) but I'm weaning myself in the next month.

I'm committed to having a lot more fun and spontaneity in my life, being connected to people and communities that enrich me, and pursuing my creative dreams. Doing what life's all about (finally)!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:05:10 PM by Begonia »

bpc887

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1277 on: April 27, 2014, 06:28:41 AM »
Hi All,

I am a 25 year old guy living in Manhattan.  I work as an investment analyst at a $2bn endowment fund. I am debt free and have about 25k invested in retirement accounts.  I plan to continue maxing out roth and 403b.

I have essentially no life beyond studying for the CFA and doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.   

Happy to help in anyway I can.

johnadamian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1278 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Hey everyone!

So i'm pretty new to the MM way of life. I discovered this blog a few months ago and, little did I know, it aligned itself with many of the ideas and values I found myself thinking about. I'd say the Blog has become to the glue, finally making me understand and believe that FI is a completely realistic goal. I'm 29, and have spent the last 10 years or so in a touring heavy metal band. I'm just really starting my path to FI, but I couldn't be happier. Upwards and onwards!

Falcon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1279 on: April 27, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just found your site yesterday and I am stoked! Retired at Christmas (55) my wife still works and I am working on how to ensure that my current assets are used wisely in the next 7 years so that she retires we will have enough to takes us the rest of the way. I have $375k at bank just now and am investigating the best possible use for this. I have 2 investment properties and own my house. I have always been frugal and am quite fascinated by this site. How does the term mustachian relate to frugality?

I have started reading back posts and may find the answer there.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1280 on: April 28, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »
I have always been frugal and am quite fascinated by this site. How does the term mustachian relate to frugality?

Welcome!

There's no hard definition for "mustachian" (that I'm aware of), but it includes but is not limited to frugality. "Mustacian" is more of a whole-life philosophy where "frugal" is related specifically to financial decisions, it includes principles such as self-sufficiency, healthy living, minimalism, and just general self-awareness and intentional decision making.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:46:07 AM by sherr »

game_on

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1281 on: April 29, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
Hello,

MJ from MN. Love the site and all of the ideas that come about. Wife and I are steadily paying off everything and working towards FI. We have 2 kids(4 and 6) in one of the most expensive childcare states around. Trying different things to get to where we want to be.

bobmarley9993

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1282 on: April 29, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »
First, just wanted to say that this is a great forum, it's very inspiring.

I am 35, married with 2 kids.  We are probably looking at working until the kids are grown up but with MMM principles we should only need to work part-time during the last 4 or 5 years.  It's not a very hard-core plan compared to a lot of what I read here but we should still be out of the game around 50.   

I have been frugal long before I ever heard of MMM, I think it's genetic.   Read the millionaire next door which kick-started the gene and have been actively saving ever since.   I came across MMM last year and it has further altered my financial perceptions.  Previously I was saving with a general idea that I might be able to retire at 60 or something.  I really didn't have a very firm plan but I was assuming a budget of 50-60k which makes financing a retirement very difficult.  After reading MMM and this forum I have been reviewing the budget and I am slowly warming up to the idea that retirement on a substantially lower sum is indeed possible.   It is really fascinating as we are talking about cutting my retirement age back by a decade!

See you all around.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:28:55 PM by bobmarley9993 »

garuff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1283 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »
"Hi and Introduce Yourself"... haha

But really, hi! I've been reading for about a year or so now, haven't made my way into the forums much yet, but there's a lot going on this year that will hopefully be setting my (soon to be) wife and I further down the path to Badassity here in the UK.

P.S I enjoyed the little test upon signing up to the forums too - pleased that I passed first time!

franny61390

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1284 on: April 30, 2014, 07:40:21 AM »
I have really enjoyed exploring this blog recently. I am 23 years old and recently married. My husband and I are debt-free and make around 90k per year before taxes (grr taxes). We are currently saving for a down-payment for a home, contributing up to the match on my 401k and trying to live simply.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1285 on: April 30, 2014, 08:03:48 AM »
Hi, I'm Faellie, and I found MMM through a comment when browsing on Student Doctor Network.

I was brought up frugal by parents who lived through the 1930s depression and WWII rationing, and continued many of their habits.  Happily, this meant that when I was facepunched with an irresistible voluntary retirement package aged 50, I was debt-free with no dependents and could jump out of my career and into the FIRE.  That was four years ago, and now I live by the beach in the southwest UK, I have a dog to take me on long walks, do a bit of work, a fair bit of volunteering and act as a support worker for two relatives in their nineties who live close by.  Come on in, the FIREwater's lovely!

thefrugalnudists

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1286 on: April 30, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Hello there! Thank goodness we found this blog! I only wish we had found it when I was 20 instead of 42!
We hope to frequent this blog and forum and glean as much info as we can. And hopefully contribute a little bit to the discussion if possible.
Our bio:
Mr. Frugalnudist is 42 and a barber making about $75,000 a year.
Mrs Frugalnudist is 28 and a stay at home mom studying for a Computer Science degree with hopes to join the workforce next year as a programmer.
We have a 20 month old son and a daughter 3 weeks away from being born.
Our debt right now is about 13,000 on a Subaru Forester that was brought pre Moustache discovery. We had bought a used VW pPassat that we paid cash for a few years ago but it sadly died and we needed a stable car. Though we would have done things differently if we knew about this forum!
That currently is our only debt. We have always been frugal and hate the idea of living in debt.
We live in the Boston area which is very expensive. We are able to save a little but not what we would like considering what we spend to live here.
Our plan is to move to Germany in the next 3 years.
So that is our situation in a very brief nutshell. When we have time we will add some more to our story and as I said, hopefully contribute something.
Hope everybody reading this is doing well and we look forward to getting to know you!

El Inversionista

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1287 on: April 30, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
I just discovered MMM about a week ago and have read many of the blog entries and some of the threads here on the forum. It's great to discover that there are a bunch of other people like me out there. I have no interest in being flashy nor hyper-consumption, but I have always been interested in investing in order to guarantee my freedom. I am already pretty frugal but MMM has inspired me to tighten up the ship even more. I have a nice income and have been socking away most of it into investments for the last several years.

wealthywinters

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Wealthy Winters
« Reply #1288 on: May 01, 2014, 04:14:44 AM »
Hi!

I came across the idea of financial independence quite recently (the last few months) and have been devouring everything I can since then. Mr.W and I are 34 and 27 respectively this month, with a just-turned-one year old daughter called Arya (named for the GoT novels character).

Mr.W and I came from pretty crappy backgrounds (he was in a ten year marriage that he fell into by accident, and hated the woman he was married to, staying only for their daughters, and I suffered from depression for most of my life and only just started my first "adult" job), but we're both determined to make a better life for ourselves.

I've changed a lot in the last few months, and while we have no debt Mr.W had to declare bankruptcy at the start of 2013 (much thanks to his ex) for reasons I go into detail about on my blog.

I started a blog to track changes and share and collate what I was learning, and I've found forums have as much to offer as sites themselves in terms of ideas for reducing expenditure and increasing income with the view to FI.

Look forward to watching others progress, and hopefully progressing ourselves!

babycakes

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1289 on: May 01, 2014, 08:52:11 PM »
Hi :) I've been reading for a short while, it's nice to find a forum of like-minded people.

nuprin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1290 on: May 02, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
Hello!

I've been thoroughly obsessed with the writings of the mustachian family. I'm 26, not married (yet) living in Philadelphia for now and paying down the student loans until I can save more to get my retirement fund going

jordanread

« Reply #1291 on: May 02, 2014, 03:32:22 PM »
Welcome everyone...

[...] with a just-turned-one year old daughter called Arya (named for the GoT novels character).

Also, yes!!! ^
Give her a Needle for her 8th b-day. :-)

wealthywinters

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Wealthy Winters
« Reply #1292 on: May 03, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »
Welcome everyone...

[...] with a just-turned-one year old daughter called Arya (named for the GoT novels character).

Also, yes!!! ^
Give her a Needle for her 8th b-day. :-)

We'll have to start the fencing lessons early, then :) The feistiness she already has!

dutch577

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1293 on: May 03, 2014, 10:33:01 AM »
Hi. I ran across this forum by accident. I have been going through some of the posts and it is a pretty cool site. I already prescribe to a lot of the ideas but there is always someone who is way smarter then I am and there is no shame in learning how to do things better.

TheCatWhisperer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1294 on: May 04, 2014, 11:34:03 PM »
Hi there, I've been lurking for the past couple of months. This is such good stuff, and you guys GET IT. I'm trying to pay off my student loans this year, and this site has been an inspiration.

NCGal

• Stubble
« Reply #1295 on: May 05, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »
I've been lurking around reading and quoting MMM for a while and thought I'd join. My husband and I are on the 5 year plan to freedom! We have no debt and are saving and investing. We cut the cord recently and bought a Chromecast. We can do better in many other areas and I look forward to learning from everyone's posts.

Denarius

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1296 on: May 06, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »
Good Morning Ladies & Gentleman,

I was introduced to MMM and the Mustachian Way via getrichslowly.org

Recently married, my wife and I are in search of our first house. God willing, we are looking to grow our family as well.

I look forward to being able to contribute to this wonderful community one day. Thanks for having me.

heng yuan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1297 on: May 06, 2014, 07:40:13 AM »
Hi every one, I'm from china, I like the idea of early retirment and know the news about Mr Money Mastache from internet.
     I'm 33, married, have a three year old girl, she is very cute.  And i am a chemical engineering, working at a engineering corperation in china. I am dreaming to retired early.

apfroggy0408

• Stubble
« Reply #1298 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:26 AM »
Hi everyone,

New here

started a journey log

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/working-on-dat-mustache/

nice to meet everyone. follow along!

Dappergent

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1299 on: May 06, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »
Hi  my name is Adam I'm 33 I live in CT with my parents.  I've gone back to school full time and work part time

I don't actually know my full debt situation.  always seem to be taking 2 steps back for every one i take forward. I found this site and have gone through a few articles I'm just nor sure how to apply a lot of  it to myself,    I want to get out from behind the 8 ball I don't want to live with my parents, I don't want to be trying to scrap money together just to survive.

I'm at my wits end and would like it to all go away. I have 25 dollars to my name. when i get my next pay check it will be gone before i can cash it. my goal is to cure myself of my financial ignorance and fight off my need to buy all the things

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!