Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 1171710 times)

Gail2000

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3800 on: October 28, 2018, 07:20:51 PM »
Hello there,

I am a new reader. I am happy to say living frugally but still looking for ways to gain traction. I have 5year old and a live in boyfriend that are both non moustcians. Iím trying to get them on board.

The level of kindness and intelligence from this group is impressive and breath of fresh air. While I am years away from early retirement, I am looking forward to meeting all of you and continuing my journey.

Gail2000

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3801 on: October 28, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
Hello there,

I am a new reader. I am happy to say living frugally but still looking for ways to gain traction. I have 5year old and a live in boyfriend that are both non moustcians. Iím trying to get them on board.

The level of kindness and intelligence from this group is impressive and breath of fresh air. While I am years away from early retirement, I am looking forward to meeting all of you and continuing my journey.

iliketocode

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3802 on: November 04, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »
Hi there!

Found out about MMM on YouTube, was some news report.  I was instantly smitten with the lifestyle of having copious free time to do things other than sit behind the desk 8+ hours a day.  I'm not in a dire financial straight, but I'm sick and tired of my current working arrangement.  What I REALLY want to know is how to invest my current income and then have that generate a healthy return.

tate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3803 on: November 06, 2018, 07:29:22 AM »
Hello,
I have been wandering this site since March learning as I go along. Thanks to the site, this forum and some hard work, I am in the best financial shape I have ever been. I just saved up enough to convert my VTSMX over to VTSAX! At the beginning of the year I was saving about 8% of my paycheck and now I am pushing closer to 45%. I still have a lot of work to do and can see what changes I can do to continue to save even more. I want to thank everyone here for being awesome and helping me in this journey even though you didn't know you were!

Graveless

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3804 on: November 07, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »
Heya,

I've been reading the MMM blog for a few years now, but finally noticed that there's a forum as well. The advice about not expanding your lifestyle was incredibly valuable to me when I got my first real job and no longer needed to live paycheck-to-paycheck, saving $100 per month over my student loan payments. I'm currently saving 40%-60% of my take home depending on what needs replacement each month and am excited to get even more done.

sunbunny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3805 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »
Bunny, married mom of 2 in Florida. Found this blog/site today through the Choose FI podcast....which I also found today...and fell in love. So, hi. *waves*

letsgetfired

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3806 on: November 08, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
This is my first post, though I've been lurking for a little bit after reading through much of the blog.  I'm eager to learn and discuss.  I'm very much looking forward to becoming part of this community.

MentallyRetired

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3807 on: November 08, 2018, 11:24:00 PM »
woohoo! Finally my screenname will make sense to someone. Been using it for years. :)

JenniiF

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3808 on: November 13, 2018, 07:13:07 AM »
Oh hey! I'm Jennii.

We just bought a multi-unit house and we're hoping to be rid of our mortgage bill with a little bit of house hacking.

El_Mariachi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3809 on: November 13, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
Newb here

I have been reading the blog on and off the last few years

But this year I really think my wife finally fully understood thinking of our money as a tool that we can use to make money

cwolff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3810 on: November 15, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Cwolff here. I live and work in the Denver metro area with my wife, 14 month old baby Sam and we're due for baby #2 in March.

I'm doing what I can to save save save. The MMM ideas really help. For joining the forum today I celebrated by cutting cable. Next month, when my early termination fees end I will cut Verizon also. It's exciting and this will bring a total of 4k a year savings back to my family.

I look forward to reading all your posts and learning more from this community.

Jose B. McConnell

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3811 on: November 15, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »
Hi,
        I'm a newbie to this forum.I'm from Toronto.

TheBuffalonian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3812 on: November 16, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »
Hello!

I'm new here... have been reading this blog these past few months... now I'm ready to dive into this thread and join the conversation.

Dupton

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3813 on: November 17, 2018, 09:42:45 AM »
Hello all.

I've probably ended up here like most other, after binge reading the entire blog posts from the start.

We're a couple in our mid 30s.  We've never been spend thrifts but we certainly have made some foolish financial decisions in the past.  Our focus has been on eliminating our debt and we are down to the mortgage, what's left of my student loans, and a 401k loan we used when we last moved.  Overall we are in good shape relative to the majority of the US; solid retirement accounts, growing investment accounts, and steady debt reduction.  My goal right now is retirement by 48 (financial independence before that) .  This is mostly due to a combination of recovering from years with a lack of dedication to Mustachism, a nice benefits package from the company I work for, and after finding out we are having twins!

Anyhow, I look forward to reading and hopefully contributing to these forums in the future.  I try to do almost all the work around my house so I hope to learn from others on how to continue to handle repairs/upgrades without hiring someone.  I'm handy with cars (one of my many anti-mustachian vices), so hopefully I can contribute with that as a contribution.

Glad to be here!

gardevoir

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3814 on: November 18, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
Randomly arrived via YouTube suggested video last week. How does it get even better than this?

I work with children in a primary school near London, England. My retirement plan involves moving to South East Asia which I may combine with my current job - potentially working in an international school. Fairly modest savings to date, but now I have a plan. Could potentially live of the interest of £120,000. So this is my current target.

Tranquil

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3815 on: November 18, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
Hi, Folks. I am mid-30s student/research assistant trying my best to live frugally and ethically with a wife and two kids. We have made it pretty far in terms of behaviors, but we are still working on the more unconventional strategies. I have been a long time lurker and finally have a reason to post, that reason is that I am collecting data for my dissertation about the psychological benefits of simplified lifestyles, and I figured what better place to start than this forum?! So, I will be posting that request elsewhere, and hope to get to know a few of you in the near future.

Best,
Jeremy