Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 3316050 times)

BougieButBroke

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Bougie But Broke
Re: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2600 on: February 01, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
Hi Everyone, my name is Kristina and I'm new to ERE and MMM. I'm creative by nature, and trying to learn more about financial freedom and making my money work for me. Of course, I was introduced to MMM by a close friend who works in real estate development :) Looking forward to many great convos!

6leakertweeker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2601 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »
Hello all!

I'm not sure how I found this site but it seems to fit me pretty well.  I'm a 27yo male from central Indiana.  I've owned 2 businesses in my past and am in the workings of my third.  A little over a year ago someone or something turned on a light bulb in my head on the way to work one morning making me totally financially aware.  I'm still not quite sure what caused that however, since then I've been a totally different person.  Most hate it, some love it. 
     Anyways, I've basically been glued to my google sheets since.  I produce 10k reports on myself yearly along with quarterlys and monthlys.  I know its over the top. 
     I can't wait to meet some like minded folks and learn some new things!

myamnesia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2602 on: February 02, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
Hi,

I'm Rachel and love love love MMM, I've been following the site for about a year and have just realized how great the forum is! I'm 37, married with 2 kids, love my job, but plan to FIRE in 10 years! We own one rental property and we're in the market for more. Saving money makes me super happy!!

Jacks flunky

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2603 on: February 02, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
Hi there! I landed on MMM a couple months ago trying to figure out a DIY project (hitch box), and started browsing a bit. 6 weeks later I had looked at all the articles (some get repetitious if read in close succession or are preaching to the choir), and decided that I want to retire early, or at least have the flexibility to do so.

I am married, 30, with a 2 year-old. I am currently working on a masters in environmental engineering (fully funded), and my wife is taking prerequisites for PA school while working as a nurses assistant at a hospital.

My motivations for FI are
1) Spend time with my son, which may actually delay FI since my wife and/or I will likely work PT once we are both in the workforce; I figure we can work more once he is in school FT.
2) I like to do everything, and quite honestly, the idea of staying at the same (or a similar) job for 10 years is hard enough, let alone 35 years.
3) I want freedom to do something constructive (some buddies who also aim for early retirement and I have bounced the idea of home solar install non-profit connected to a for-profit business) while not needing to actually pull much money from the endeavor.

The user name? Well...Jack of all trades has to have someone to do his work, since he is a master of none. I can't claim mastery of much of anything, but...

Greenly Spirits

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2604 on: February 04, 2016, 08:34:34 AM »
Hi, I'm Greenly Spirits. I like to run and try new things. I'm married and stay home with our toddler twins.

chetmanly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2605 on: February 04, 2016, 02:43:53 PM »
Greetings,

You can call me Chet. I also live in Colorado.

I currently am a CSR (but making money like a consultant, does anyone need a consultant?)

I'm 37 and I yearn to be free, and by freedom I mean to choose the work I want to do. Not what pays the bills now. Unfortunately this has been my entire career. When I first came across this blog I was incredulous. I looked at my expenses, looked at my income, ran the numbers. I was stunned to learn I could semi-retire in 10 years and fully retire in 15, with some big caveats and assumptions, but nonetheless it's possible!

Chet Manly
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:51:31 PM by chetmanly »

jordanread

« Reply #2606 on: February 04, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
Hi, I'm Greenly Spirits. I like to run and try new things. I'm married and stay home with our toddler twins.

We have runners, but if you'd like to take it to the next level, or just provide additional feedback, please join in on the S&F thread for this year. Link is in my signature.

Greetings,

I currently am a CSR (but making money like a consultant, does anyone need a consultant?)

I'm 37 and I yearn to be free, and by freedom I mean to choose the work I want to do. Not what pays the bills now. Unfortunately this has been my entire career. When I first came across this blog I was incredulous. I looked at my expenses, looked at my income, ran the numbers. I was stunned to learn I could semi-retire in 10 years and fully retire in 15, with some big caveats and assumptions, but nonetheless it's possible!

Chet Manly

Chet, what part of CO are you in? I'm almost 31, with miscellaneous issues I've needed to overcome.

angigypsy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2607 on: February 04, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
I've been reading MMM for a few years and really want to be an adultier adult.

Here's a brief run-down of my life.

I'm in my mid-30's and live with my long-term bf and dog.
We each have a house, his is currently rented and we live in my house.
I mostly enjoy my job and it pays well.
I will destroy the remainder of my non-mortgage debt this year.

jh830011

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Jeff in Virginia
« Reply #2608 on: February 04, 2016, 06:44:28 PM »
Hello -

I am Jeff and making preparations to retire early - early for me anyway.  I am a bit older than many of the FIRE bloggers.  My hat's off to you for your accomplishments and your journeys.  I want to free up time to pursue other passions and to "do what I want, when I want" (credits go to those who said that before me). 

I live in Virginia.  I look forward to getting involved with the Forum and learning lots!

The Pharmacist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2609 on: February 04, 2016, 09:59:15 PM »
Hi folks!

I'm The Pharmacist.  I'm a recent graduate, interested in paying off my remaining $53k in loans as soon as possible and starting the road to financial independence (not sure about retiring early yet; mostly I just want to work on my own terms, not some corporation's).  I've been reading MMM for a few years now and am pretty gung-ho about saving and budgeting.  Now that I'm no longer in school, I'm trying to work on being more free with my time and living a more car-free life (we are very dependent on them in our current rural living situation).

I live in the middle of the upper midwest with my spouse and young child.  We like exploring the outdoors but feel like we spend too much time indoors.  We're thinking of moving back west to my hometown in a few years if we can ever make the numbers work.

chetmanly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2610 on: February 05, 2016, 09:50:06 AM »

We have runners, but if you'd like to take it to the next level, or just provide additional feedback, please join in on the S&F thread for this year. Link is in my signature.

Greetings,

Chet Manly

Chet, what part of CO are you in? I'm almost 31, with miscellaneous issues I've needed to overcome.

Hi Greenly,

I am in Denver.

Chet

popcornflying

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2611 on: February 05, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
Hi everybody,   I'm popcornflying.  I like popcorn and travel.

My partner and I live in NY. I'm male, in my late thirties, personally FI if we move to a lower COL area but my partner is not ready yet. So I'm working in NY for now doing computer stuff.

I'm excited about this forum and the chance to meet others in the MMM community. At the office you have to pretend you love working, so it will be fun to finally interact with other people who are in on the joke!

headwinds

• Stubble
« Reply #2612 on: February 06, 2016, 11:08:39 AM »
It's a long road for me! I'm good at making money but I'm also good at spending money, not so good at saving money. Age 36, about 35k in student debt, starting to make a little headway. My fiancé has a lot more than that, but we'll deal with that too. I'm excited to hang around here and learn the ways of the mustache.

chrisdurheim

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • KeepThrifty
« Reply #2613 on: February 07, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
I'm Chris (will be 34 in a week) - been reading MMM for about 3 years but haven't gotten on the forums until now.

I'm the sole income for our family of five and am blessed with a very mustachian wife and our 3 daughters are awesome with everything.

I've been putting into my 401k from the first day on my job out of school, but we did a lot more spending than saving early in our marriage. That said, we are happily free of all debt other than our mortgage and we are aggressively prepaying with the hope of being debt-free in the next 4 years.

Aside from that, I've been working on one of my passions - software development and am working on a web-based application that you can use to track income,  expenses, savings rate, and budgeting. I'll hold off linking until I've got more done. I'm going to scale back on treating it as a side hustle and just have it as a resource for others running off donations.

Good to meet you all!

Happy to finally be here on the forums!

theblackdahlia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2614 on: February 08, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »
Hi Everyone

Fairly new to the idea of FI. I always felt stuck...I no longer have that feeling.

29 years old from Connecticut. Just my partner and I in my small home. I've never enjoyed shopping or spending my money. Maybe a few splurges here and there on electronics! No debt other than my car loan (aggressively paying it off) and my mortgage. I was always afraid to invest... but after obsessively reading this blog, I will begin very soon. Extremely grateful I have stumbled upon such a great community!

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2615 on: February 08, 2016, 06:48:30 PM »
It is kind of crazy to think that there are so many pages of people who are completely living the "anti consumer" lifestyle.

Makes me wonder how many folks I work with are secret Mustachians :)

glider

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2616 on: February 09, 2016, 04:01:32 AM »
Hi all joined up to discuss my current lifestyle problems and get some feedback.

Also looking to completely minimise all expenses and live a very frugal life.

I am 32 but really really struggle to hold interest in a job due to having done a lot of longterm travel recently and it affecting my desire to just knuckle down and become financially independent.

NoCreativity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2617 on: February 10, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
HI. I'm Joe. I have a kid and a wife and would like to go on more adventures.

trix76

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2618 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:43 AM »
Hi, I'm Trix. Age 39, living in Seattle with my Mustachian boyfriend.

Before discovering the blog about 6 months ago, I was already making some lifestyle changes (becoming a bike commuter, cooking at home more, etc.). Since I found MMM, and especially the forum, I've been inspired to become a more conscious consumer, to sell or donate some unnecessary possessions, to increase my savings rate, and to learn as much as I can about personal finance (and how to fund ER). It's been really satisfying to feel like I'm moving toward a concrete goal, which is to hit FI in ~4 years.

I'm looking forward to learning more from you all, and hopefully contributing to the conversation too!

-Trix

stylesjl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2619 on: February 11, 2016, 02:45:18 AM »
G'Day everyone, I'm Stylesjl from Sydney, Australia. I'm here because I am prepared to live the dream of gaining financial independence. I have always had a frugal personality and a reluctance to spend money on unnecessary things and then I encountered MMM, who thinks much like me - Only better! I have already been inspired to look into my own personal finances and I found all kinds of places where I was spending money unnecessarily and where my own money was being underinvested, his philosophy has been quite illuminating into the nature of my own life and I think that there are still further improvements I can make.

eddiebolt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2620 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:56 PM »
Hey,

I'm Josh. I now live in Springfield, MO, did my own home inspection on a 1877 Victorian on the "bad" side of town after living in Kensington, Philadelphia. I'm a volunteer pastor, SAHD, and Home Inspector. I'm inspired by MMM's frugality and generosity and hope to emulate his wisdom.

xxclaro

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2621 on: February 11, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »
Hey everyone.

I'm Ed, live in Alberta Canada. Married, no kids, I'm a mechanic and the wife works at a home/agro place. Looking to learn how to use my money to its maximum potential and attain financial freedom!

Curious Cricket

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2622 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53:24 PM »
Hi All, CC here from Seattle. Long time lurker, first time poster.

-Found MMM through reading other FI blogs-Financial Samurai, Go Curry Cracker, 1500 Days to Freedom, Budgets are Sexy, root of Good.
-Debt free except for mortgage
-Max out 401k, roth IRA every year and just started on HSA.
-Married 46 yr old with no kids. Wife is working on dissertation to obtain PHD
-I believe I'm very close to FI, but trying to determine when to pull the trigger.
-i invest in growth stocks but have been slowly converting my portfolio to DGI stocks.

FIREwoman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2623 on: February 12, 2016, 12:25:25 PM »
34 y/o from the US midwest here.

i paid off $34+k consumer debt (what) almost 2 years ago and am slowly turning mustachian. i have a low (per MMM standards) income but am currently saving 35% and working towards ratcheting that up all the time. i'm fully vested in a pension and getting started (yes, facepunch) with investing. my parents/mother were/are trainwrecks when it comes to finances and it took me too long to realize it.

i have no formal education but hope to rectify that soon. staching cash now for possible immigration to Canada.

i lurk as a preemptive measure; the fewer facepunches i need to give myself, the better.

"you don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:17:46 PM by FIREwoman »

Grim Reaper

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • "Don't fear the reaper, fear debt..."
« Reply #2624 on: February 14, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »
Hello - Grim Reaper here.  I have been FI since 2010.  I still work, but I am looking for a more fulfilling career.  Thanks for MMM.com, it's nice to see like-minded individuals.  BTW - I can't grow a mustacheo because...well, I'm the Grim Reaper...

The Good Lawyer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2625 on: February 16, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »
Well dammit, now I really want that user name... "What am I supposed to do 'bout my legs?"

Hello I am HLS,

I am glad to apart of this forum.  April 2016, I became completely debt free. Now, I am looking to build wealth.  I am 42 and feel like I have some ground to make up.  I have almost completed my emergency fund.  And I look forward to learning from these posts and appreciate any advice to help me become FI.

Thanks.

Sweetloveginger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Sweet Love & Ginger - A food & Lifestyle Blog
« Reply #2626 on: February 16, 2016, 01:40:24 PM »
Hello!

28 yo from the Northeast. Just discovered MMM and am working my way through each post. My husband and I are already pretty mustachian in nature, though there is always room for improvement. Looking forward to an early retirement/Stay-at-home Mom status at some point in the near future.

Nobodys Fault But Mine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2627 on: February 16, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »
Hi. I have lurked here for a few months and have just started posting.

My husband and I are trying to get back on track after a three-year layoff for him. He is working full-time now, but at 50% less than before.

My job hours were recently cut back from five days a week to three. I am looking for a second job to make up the loss in my wages.

We are in our late 40's.  We need to cut spending on groceries, cable, and beer for my husband, to begin with.

I have been gaining motivation from reading MMM forums.

NFBM

tnoskilz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2628 on: February 17, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
Hi, I started reading the blog around Summer/Fall 2015.  Since then we've focused on our huge flaming debt emergencies.  Our little girl will be 2yrs old in May and we managed to make it work so that the wife stays home, so we already had a pretty tight budget for that first year with our level of debt and single income.  What we've managed in the last six months almost seems miraculous.  Debt consolidation (401k loan), even more massive debt payoff, refinancing two mortgages (with an ugly 2nd) into a single fixed, and trading a small v6 suv for a prius. Along with increasing 401k contributions a little at a time, it feels pretty damned awesome really.  It definitely makes me feel "more" badass, but I acknowledge that there are still areas for large improvements or that we've still decided to be wussypants about.

We're now gearing up for some renovations on the house we own here in Portland, Oregon.  Eventually we think we will buy another home and move, turning this one into a rental.  Renovations are to finish remodeling a partially demolished kitchen and otherwise with an eye to make the house easier to maintain as a rental (replace the remaining 60 year old galvanized plumbing with pex/abs and add some much-needed additional electrical circuits to the kitchen).  We already replaced the roof with a standing-seam metal roof a few years ago at a bargain price and paid that off about the same time I started reading MMM.

Otherwise, we like to go camping.  I'm addicted to surfing, even in the coldest waters, so we often camp at the coast.  I bike to work some, but mostly ride the bus lately due to injuries, illness, surgery, etc.  Definitely looking forward to switching back to the bicycle commute more often.

saver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • I shoulda saved keystrokes
« Reply #2629 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
Hi.  I'm saver and I'm pretty badass.  Bye.

RedmondStash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2630 on: February 17, 2016, 09:32:13 PM »
Hi all.

A friend pointed me to the MMM site a few years ago, and I've been reading and calculating and strategizing since then. Spouse & I have always been moderately frugal: paying down the mortgage faster, paying cash for cars, no other debt, living well under our means and investing the rest. We don't spend much on clothes, cars, toys, etc. I do most home repair work myself. We have no kids. We are both big geeks who work in IT, and we've done contract work for several years, sometimes taking months off between contracts to chill. So it's like we've done a lot of mini-retirements, which has been grand. But we're both ready for the last big push so we can cut the cord for good. I do love my job, though, so I may not leave right away even when the numbers say I can.

I recently analyzed the performance of our investments at a big fancy stock brokerage and discovered, to my dismay, that yep, common wisdom is right, financial planners do not get better performance for your money than you can yourself; in fact, on average, our accounts consistently underperformed the market by 1.5 to 2% over a 10-year span. So we've just fired our financial planner, moved to Vanguard, and bought index funds. The math bears out, but I'm still nervous. Also excited.

I watch friends moan about financial stress and then spend $10-$13 per day on lunch, or buy shiny new tablets or game bundles on Steam, and the lack of logic baffles me. I was taught not to buy what I couldn't afford, and to save some money from every single paycheck, and that philosophy has served me well. I wish I could sway others to the cause, but we all have our paths to walk, I guess.

Spouse & I love video games, comic books, reading, and other sedentary pursuits. When we're not working, we take in foster cats and dogs for the local Humane Society, and I write (and sell) fantasy and science fiction. In retirement, I hope to do more writing and to make indie video games.

We're still a year or two away from FIRE, and we're older than a lot of you -- 50s and 60s -- so maybe "early" retirement is a bit of a misnomer. But we have FU money, and knowing FI is right around the corner is such a stress reliever. If we both lost our jobs tomorrow and never worked again, we'd be okay. That's an amazing feeling, and one I rarely share with any but my closest friends. It's nice to be able to share it here.

I'm glad the blog and this forum exist. They've been really useful. So thanks.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
  • 'tis nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so
« Reply #2631 on: February 18, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
Hi - I've been lurking since 2008 or so...thought it was about time to actually sign on.  Many times I thought about replying to different posts, the curious thing is that as soon as I registered I felt like I had nothing to say!

SaintsFan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2632 on: February 19, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »
Hello,

Houston, TX here. Happy to be apart of the MMM community. Wish I had discovered this years ago and be a lot closer to FI.

Nomadsanity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2633 on: February 20, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »
Howdy all!

I am Nomad (people do actually call me by that name). As the name suggests, I move around a lot. My most recent move, effected in January this year, was number 28 in the ten years since I graduated from high school. I like to say that I have fully embraced a case of terminal wanderlust of my very own.

On the topic of finances, I have always struggled somewhat keeping my ducks together. I started really getting it together shortly before discovering MMM in my research. I have since read every post of the blog. I am in the lane and setting up for early retirement. The target: retire on my birthday 2022. Freedom is a grand gift to give.

Mtngrl

• Bristles
« Reply #2634 on: February 20, 2016, 08:36:21 PM »
Hi, I'm Cindi. My husband retired at 58 almost 2 years ago. I still work as a self-employed writer (I write romance novels). We live in the mountains of Colorado with our two dogs and have been living the MMM lifestyle for years -- but just discovered this community. So nice to meet some kindred spirits.

shimrod

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2635 on: February 21, 2016, 06:06:20 AM »
Hi, I'm shimrod.

I'm 34 and I've just reached enough discretionary income to make savings and investments a serious consideration.

The main thing I'm hoping to find some help with is the fact that the 5% interest after inflation on investments seems outrageously high for funds easily available where I live.

On the upside, I'm debt-free and I've been managing my spending largely (not altogether) according to the principles advocated here ever since I had my own money to spend.

BKrueger

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2636 on: February 21, 2016, 06:49:57 AM »
Hi I'm Brandon.  My wife and I are both in our early 30's and are looking to achieve FI in 10 years.  After that, we want to work part time and live in Sicily and use our location as a launching point to explore Europe and Africa.

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2637 on: February 21, 2016, 09:01:22 AM »
Hi I'm Prog. My wife and I are in our mid 20's. We have been fortunate enough to be able to start saving money a few years ago and were quite impressed with ourselves saving more than most Americans up to this point. That was until I came across this website.

After reading this I have become more interested in early retirement and the ways to get there. I've got a long journey ahead of my, I have my own weaknesses and it is even harder to convince my wife, but I am slowly trying to work towards curbing our spending and increasing our savings. Still have a lot of learning to do though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:55:38 AM by prognastat »

EuroGap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2638 on: February 22, 2016, 05:49:26 AM »
Hello! I'm Contemporary Swede.

Great to see so many financially optimistic people here. My SO and I are finishing university this spring and will both be newly graduated engineers. I am lucky to have a SO that is very smart about money, and she was onboard for FIRE quicker than I could have anticipated.

We are in our mid 20's and will need roughly 8-9 (estimated) years to get to FI with a 4% SWR. We will however be splitting it up into a stretch of five years, travel for one year then back for the last four years.

It's great to be here and I am looking forward to both reading and participating in discussions.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:33:16 AM by Contemporary Swede »

ringer707

• Bristles
« Reply #2639 on: February 22, 2016, 05:37:02 PM »
Hello all! Brand new here, just found MMM recently and have been slowly reading through the blog posts and combing through the forums. I am at the beginning of my career. Had a fantastic one year position and then began another one year position at another location. It has been AWFUL and made me realize I didn't want to spend my time stuck in a job I hate and not have the ability to get out if I need to. Hence, coming across MMM. Unfortunately, I have significant student loan debt, but only DH's car loan in the way of "consumer debt." And it will be paid off in about 4 months, a year and a half early! We will then begin the student loan pay down and some serious investing. Looking forward to getting more involved here on the forum!

badliverbrokenheart

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2640 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26:15 PM »
Hi!  I'm Kevin.  I'm 27 and married to a pretty great lady with our first child on the way.  I'm at the very beginning of my FI journey, and have really enjoyed looking through the MMM blog the past few days.  I'm looking forward to learning more!

tstorer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2641 on: February 23, 2016, 08:25:41 AM »
Hello, everyone. My name is Tom, I live in France and am in my late 50s, about ten years from receiving a pension earned through my salaried job. Much of the advice given here is US-specific, but I'm interested in the Mustachian philosophy. So far my wife and I have managed to avoid falling into debt (except for mortgages) but have not amassed great savings either. I'll poke around and see what I can get out of all this.

pjhalifax

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2642 on: February 23, 2016, 09:37:52 AM »
Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a stay at home dad who likes to find ways to save money so of course I've found tons of good ideas here. I'd say the past 2 years or so there's been more of a shift, actually, from "likes to save money" to "wants to live more reasonably." Just started working part-time from home to help with the cash flow.

I'm hoping to get better in certain areas -- managing food costs is one, finding inexpensive ways to travel would be another -- while continuing to develop my DIY skills around the house. Thankful for the tech/communication thread here because it finally gave me the push to get on to a much more cost-effective phone plan starting March 1. Look forward to learning more from the forums!

SethB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2643 on: February 23, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
Seth from Phoenix. In grad school for real estate. Army Reserve Captain.

Currently saving with an IRA, ROTH IRA and TSP.

Have a 401(k) from my last job that I need to roll over to the TSP.

Only debt is a car note.

Started bicycling to save money.

Looking to purchase real estate for investment in the near future.

rhoshack

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2644 on: February 24, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm Jacob and I like to pick things up and put them down!!

no_nonsense4857

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2645 on: February 24, 2016, 02:58:52 AM »
Hello!
I am Sai, a wannabe mustachian.
Still a long way from being financially independent but working towards it.

awesomeprime

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2646 on: February 24, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »
Hello all!
   After too many years of screwing around, I finally stumbled upon this wonderful idea, and although I have years of bad decisions to fix, what better time to start than right now (you know, other than 18 years ago)? Currently, we are in the HOLY CRAP! DEBT EMERGENCY phase, but we are slowly and diligently paying that away.
Cheers!

cosmopolitano

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2647 on: February 24, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »
Hi folks!

I'm 21 yo, brazilian and want to become FI in less than 7 years. I'm currently working my way to achieve four big financial goals in a short period: Become FI (1) before 28 yo (2) and raise a child (3) living at Denmark (4). Luckily I've already found my SO and she is with me on this life challenge.

After two years following MMM's blog I finally decided to start interacting with other ER enthusiasts, so here I am. I hope we can all grow together!

LovesToTravel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2648 on: February 25, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »
Hi, I have been lurking for awhile and decided to come out of the woodworks and start contributing to the forum with some posts!  31 years old, married, no kids yet, and looking to become FI as soon as possible!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:43:21 AM by LovesToTravel »

sisyphean

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2649 on: February 26, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »
Hi everyone! 31 yrs old - Oklahoma
Counting car $11k and student loan $9.5k, I'm about $25k in debt. Lived my life buying all the dvds and eating at restaurants all the time. My parents are having trouble, so I moved in with them temporarily to help them out (which is actually cheaper for me too!). Glad I found this place. Looking forward to being free.