Author Topic: Referral exchange thread?  (Read 40770 times)

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
Re: Referral exchange thread?
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2018, 10:37:27 PM »
People in Quebec or Ottawa: Videotron is starting a budget brand phone company called Fizz, with stupid cheap rates during the 'beta' phase. As in, $5 for 2Gb and unlimited calling and texting, or $8-9 for 8Gb including US roaming.

Plus if you use a referral code you get $25 in credit.

The beta is for 3 months, and who knows what prices will be after that ('still very competitive!'... hmm), but even if you're on an average plan you'll save $150 by beta testing.

SIM cards cost a dollar but come by courier (I ordered mine on Sunday, arrived today...).

Fizz.ca is the site, YUKQW is my referral code.

This would be PERFECT for my needs. However, I don't live in Quebec. Would you be willing to mail two SIM cards to me if I reimburse your postage and use your referral link?

Also, does anyone have a Chase Southwest credit card referral link that is more than the 40,000 I see on many referral links? The current public offer is up to 60,000 bonus points but I would prefer to use a Mustachian's referral link.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2018, 06:44:23 AM »
People in Quebec or Ottawa: Videotron is starting a budget brand phone company called Fizz, with stupid cheap rates during the 'beta' phase. As in, $5 for 2Gb and unlimited calling and texting, or $8-9 for 8Gb including US roaming.

Plus if you use a referral code you get $25 in credit.

The beta is for 3 months, and who knows what prices will be after that ('still very competitive!'... hmm), but even if you're on an average plan you'll save $150 by beta testing.

SIM cards cost a dollar but come by courier (I ordered mine on Sunday, arrived today...).

Fizz.ca is the site, YUKQW is my referral code.

This would be PERFECT for my needs. However, I don't live in Quebec. Would you be willing to mail two SIM cards to me if I reimburse your postage and use your referral link?

Also, does anyone have a Chase Southwest credit card referral link that is more than the 40,000 I see on many referral links? The current public offer is up to 60,000 bonus points but I would prefer to use a Mustachian's referral link.

If you don't live in the National Capital Region or Quebec, it won't work - they'll disconnect you after you spend too long (months) regularly using the service outside their area. If you live in the NCR, they'll send a SIM to you so no worries (I'm a stone's throw outside but still a "K" postcode, so it works for me... apparently!).

I think all the referrals are just 40k, unfortunately. This could be one of those cases where the public link is better.

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
If you don't live in the National Capital Region or Quebec, it won't work - they'll disconnect you after you spend too long (months) regularly using the service outside their area. If you live in the NCR, they'll send a SIM to you so no worries (I'm a stone's throw outside but still a "K" postcode, so it works for me... apparently!).

I think all the referrals are just 40k, unfortunately. This could be one of those cases where the public link is better.

Thanks!

At 1/24 now and DH just applied for the Southwest business through a public link - it's under review so hoping it gets through in the next few days. Considering calling business recon today but hoping to avoid it. Debating back and forth whether it's a good idea to apply for the Southwest personal today or wait a few days. Also would like to apply for Sapphire Reserve in December so trying to figure out timing.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

Thanks!

At 1/24 now and DH just applied for the Southwest business through a public link - it's under review so hoping it gets through in the next few days. Considering calling business recon today but hoping to avoid it. Debating back and forth whether it's a good idea to apply for the Southwest personal today or wait a few days. Also would like to apply for Sapphire Reserve in December so trying to figure out timing.

Even worse with Fizz, they really are in beta. I ordered two SIMs - one for me, one for my wife... and mine's been fine (but bear in mind I don't really use it), so I ported her number.... and it's been shit. Outgoing texts and calls fine but no incoming, then fixed, then broken again. Voicemail access broken - PIN reset but not working.

I just ported her out to Public Mobile which, thankfully, I had a SIM for lying around... Holy crap, it is supposed to be 3g data but I just got 40Mbps down! Just waiting for texts to start working...

MoolahLula

• Stubble
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2018, 06:02:50 AM »
Here is my Acorns referral code.  I just signed up but Iíve been hearing about it forever now.

Start investing with Acorns today! Get $5 when you use my invite link: https://acorns.com/invite/2VE9NK