Author Topic: Priority Pass via CSR: Examples and Experiences  (Read 10194 times)

Milkshake

• Bristles
Priority Pass via CSR: Examples and Experiences
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:02:55 AM »
This is based on a request I had in a different thread to post some information about the PP lounges I would visit on my trip to Thailand. I know I had no idea what to expect using these, and I think a lot of new CSR folks might not know what to expect when it comes to using one of the PP lounges, especially with the US having so few of them. Please feel free to add any experiences you have had in PP lounges as well!

Tokyo(NRT): KAL Lounge

The lounges in Tokyo were kind of hard to find, and they were about a 10 minute walk from our departure gate. This lounge was better than sitting at the gate waiting area, but not stellar. It was kind of warm and a little crowded. When we first walked in, they said they would charge me for bringing a guest, and they didn't know how much that would cost. I said okay, because PP terms says we get at least one guest for free at every lounge. We didn't actually get charged anything. There were very limited food options, mostly small, processed foods like prepackaged chips, cookies, noodles, etc. They had a self-serve "bar" which had a couple bottles of wine, whisky, vodka, and gin. They also had a pretty cool perfect pour beer thing that had Budweiser or a Japanese beer on tap. The seats were not overly comfortable, but again, it was better than the departure gate. The free wifi worked well, and we had no issues browsing Facebook and Youtube. I've attached a couple pictures. (Even though I looked like a young kid with his daddy's PP pass while I took them, lol) One thing to note, the PP pictures online for this one are not accurate. This one had a nice bathroom, which was definitely a pro.

Bangkok(BKK): Louis' Tavern CIP (Conc F)

This one was much better than the NRT-KAL lounge. The chairs were more comfortable, and the food was better. They had fresh fruit, and warm food for breakfast (eggs, fried rice, chicken sausage). They had a self-serve bar as well, with more options like Johnny Walker Red. This one looked nicer overall, and I believe they had a dress code (no shorts or tank tops, no baseball caps). This one was one level below our departure gate, a mere 90 second walk away which was great. We didn't even leave the lounge until the TV said our plane was boarding. This one did not have a bathroom, which was definitely a downside. I've attached pictures of this one as well. The PP pictures are accurate for this one though.

Let me know what you think, and I would love to hear other people's experiences too!

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
Re: Priority Pass via CSR: Examples and Experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:14:15 AM »
Thanks for the report. I was wondering how priority pass would work out.

Did the Bangkok one charge for the guest?

I will report in June after my Italy trip.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:18:21 AM »
Awesome, thank you!

I'm looking forward to the one in Bangkok in June :-) I'm flying via Dubai and will update here if I have anything to contribute.

Milkshake

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:27:45 AM »
Thanks for the report. I was wondering how priority pass would work out.

Did the Bangkok one charge for the guest?

I will report in June after my Italy trip.

No, they seemed to not care about having a single guest.

2 more things I should mention:

When you get there, they swipe your PP card and you sign the electronic keypad thing and get a receipt. It feels like a credit card transaction, but no money goes anywhere.

Second, the second time we went to the KAL Lounge (on the return journey we had a short layover and not enough time to find a new lounge) the people before us said the lounge was full. We said ok and ignored them. There was a sign behind the lounge desk that said if the lounge gets full certain partner programs will be denied admission. In this case (idk if it's always or not) PP was not one of the limited partner groups, so we were allowed to enter.

scissorbill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Minneapolis: Escape Lounge
In October I enjoyed a small breakfast buffet, a fancy coffee machine, bottled water and fruit.  The bar was serving drinks but I didn't partake on this trip. Free wifi, comfortable seating, and a large selection of magazines as well.  Thanks, Chase!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »
i've made good use of my PP:

Seattle - SEA lounge - Decent snacks.  Jelly bellies and rice cracker snack mix.
Alaska lounge - Nachos, cheese, veggies & soup.  Full bar, but you pay for some drinks.

Vancouver - Had lots of food choices, alot of Asian food, but none of it was very tasty.

Mexico City - Aeromexico lougue.  Has free wifi (rest of airport does not).  HUGE selection of drinks, serve yourself for all kinds of non-alcoholic & beers.  Also can get wine, mixed drinks, espresso from the bartenders.  Strange buffet - hot bread with cheese and salsa verde, nachos, yogurt, weird pastries.

Las Vegas - 2 lounges there.  Wasn't impressed with the small one - basically just drinks and very light snacks (crackers & popcorn).  The other one had that, plus lots more food - prepared salads, etc.

Minneapolis - Was there an hour before closing.  Had some avocado salad & hot sandwiches that were good.  The wine pour was pretty weak but he gave me more when I asked.

Jet9

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
I really enjoyed the Alaskan Airlines lounge in Portland Oregon; nothing overly fancy, but comfy lounge chairs, a selection of newspapers, a wide-screen TV, hot soup and snacks, coffee and drinks, and clean, private bathrooms, right next to my gate. I had a fab sparkling wine, some crackers, and cheese. Service was impeccable. I felt relaxed and happy. My husband has the Pass as well but had forgotten his card; they let me bring him in as a guest for free.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
PTF

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »
I was bored:
Here's the info so far in an editable by anyone Google sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Lux-p6_4K6nBwN0ZVXcExg0RpVBdSoGGgczQBsy28U/edit?usp=sharing

Milkshake

• Bristles

renata ricotta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
LAX: Alaska lounge in Terminal 6 is decent but not overly fancy.  A few times they have had a sign up saying that due to space restrictions, it was closed to PP members that day.  Food is generally soup that's been on a warmer all day, fruit, some baked goods, crackers and cheap cheese, etc.  Free beer, wine, and basic well drinks. WiFi is worse than regular LAX wifi (which you unfortunately can't access from the lounge, so last time I ended up leaving the lounge just for better wifi so I could download a couple of tv shows for my flight).

SEA: Alaska lounge in concourse D.  Effectively identical to LAX, but I didn't see a PP restriction. 

IAD: Turkish Airlines Lounge - I've been to this one twice and it's great! The food is much better than the Alaska lounges (hummus and pita, good olives, hot stews that are much better than Alaska's limp minestrone). I noticed there's also a shower.

NeonPegasus

• Bristles
    • Neon Pegasus
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 11:02:40 AM »
I'll be trying this out in Portland in Sept. They have a lounge at their airport that's really a restaurant. They allow all of your traveling companions there and will give a $28 credit towards food and drink for each one. Guess where my family of 5 will be eating before takeoff?

fattest_foot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:03:07 PM »
I'm kind of disappointed in how few of these there are in the US. Despite flying out of LAX, I doubt we'll ever get a chance to use it.

JoJo, which Las Vegas terminal was that in? We've got a flight in 2 weeks out of terminal 3, and there is actually one there. Hoping it's the good one!

Milkshake

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »
Thanks for the info! We're hoping to try Australia's PP lounges in January. It looks like they might have a similar set up as Portland's, with a food credit at a restaurant.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 01:15:48 PM »
I'm kind of disappointed in how few of these there are in the US. Despite flying out of LAX, I doubt we'll ever get a chance to use it.

JoJo, which Las Vegas terminal was that in? We've got a flight in 2 weeks out of terminal 3, and there is actually one there. Hoping it's the good one!

There are 2 in LAS.  One was tiny and not much choice and the other was huge and much more choices, even though they are run by the same company.  Details, concourse, directions, hours are on the priority pass website.  I can't remember what concourse was each.

Milkshake

• Bristles
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
Want to update with Atlanta's The Club at ATL. 10/10, would recommend. Free alcohol and free food, which includes pasta salad, soup, sandwiches, etc. We had a 2.5 hour layover there and took the train to the international terminal just to try it. Definitely worth it.

Yes, that's right, the bar is open for beer, wine and well mixed drinks. Layover was vastly improved. And you don't ned an international ticket, a domestic boarding pass worked for us.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
Anyone been to the lounges in Chicago O'Hare or Munich?  It looks like each have 2.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
I've used a whole bunch of lounges after I got the priority pass.
  • EWR(Newark) Terminal B: Art Lounge. Used it several times since most of my trips originate in Newark. Food and drink available. There is a small bar here. Quite a small lounge, but nicely done.
     Only problem is it is not 24 hour, closes at 10:30 (Sun-Fri) and Sat at 11:30. Also, once I was not allowed in as it was reserved for El-Al passengers
  • BOM(Mumbai):International and domestic. Food and drink available. The International has free alcohol, not the domestic.
     24hours, but always seems to be busy.
  • FCO(Rome). Lots of food and drink. Was empty in the late afternoon.
  • DWC (Dubai). Food not so good, but finger foods were available, maybe because it was 4Am there. Also, had wine and beer (surprising since this is a islamic place). Very crowded
  • BLR (Bengaluru/Bangalore). Need to pay for alcohol. Lots of food choices.
  • LHR (London Heathrow). Had to wait in line to enter, took about 15 minutes. I think they had reached capacity. Food/wine avaialble.

Every one of the lounges that I went to were tastefully decorated, comfortable chairs  and had at the minimum, a choice of finger foods and drinks. Alcohol was free in all the international lounges. All lounges had free WiFi.

On some trips, I took my DW and DS into the lounge. None of the priority pass lounges had any issues with multiple guests.

Overall, I can say that the priority pass has more than made up for the $150 fee for the CSR (After the $300 travel reimbursement).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:12:23 PM by CowboyAndIndian »

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
Anybody know when we get our 2018 PP card?  I am considering downgrading my CSR, and wanted to get the PP card before doing so.

If it matters, my AF was charged to my card on 12/1 and my December statement closed 12/5.

renata ricotta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 12:21:28 AM »
Anybody know when we get our 2018 PP card?  I am considering downgrading my CSR, and wanted to get the PP card before doing so.

If it matters, my AF was charged to my card on 12/1 and my December statement closed 12/5.

I got mine automatically right about 3 weeks before my 2017 card expires, which was also a couple of weeks after the $450 fee was charged. My guess is you’ll see it before your previous card expires as well, given they’ve charged you the AF.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:27 AM »
Highly variable quality.

I've visited a good dozen in the last 2 years and so far my favorite has been the CDG Star Alliance lounge. Real buffet, excellent drink selection, and showers. If you've never taken a shower right after stepping off an overnight flight, it will blow your mind.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »

I got mine automatically right about 3 weeks before my 2017 card expires, which was also a couple of weeks after the $450 fee was charged. My guess is you’ll see it before your previous card expires as well, given they’ve charged you the AF.

Thanks for the info!

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
Wow, thanks for reminding me to check the expiration date on my Priority Pass! Naturally, it expired at the end of October, the same month my CSR renewed. It never occurred to me to check it, though. Priority Pass probably mailed a new card to our home address, but since we've been traveling full time for the past year, we never got it. Most likely the new PP got mistaken for junk mail by our relatives, because they haven't mentioned anything about receiving it.

I was just about to call Priority Pass to see if they could mail a new card to our Airbnb in New Zealand when I noticed Priority Pass has an Android app that not only makes it easy to search for lounges but also lets you create a digital membership card that, supposedly, can be used to check in to lounges. So, as long as they don't try to force me to show the actual card, I guess I don't really need to worry about asking Priority Pass to send me a new one...

Have any of you used the app to check in to lounges? If so, does it work without the actual card?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:33:45 PM by Shane »

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
Have any of you used the app to check in to lounges? If so, does it work without the actual card?
Not all lounges take it.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
Not all lounges take it.

That's good to know. Maybe I need to call Priority Pass to see if they can mail me a new card to NZ. @Paul der Krake, can you remember where and when you were denied access with just the digital membership card?

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Not all lounges take it.

That's good to know. Maybe I need to call Priority Pass to see if they can mail me a new card to NZ. @Paul der Krake, can you remember where and when you were denied access with just the digital membership card?
I've never been personally denied as I always carry my card in my passport book cover along with other travel documents. You can check whether a lounge allows the mobile app on prioritypass.com – look for the "digital card accepted" icon in the amenities list on the individual lounge page.

From a cursory browse, it looks like acceptance has gone up significantly since I decided not to download their app two and a half years ago. Check the lounges you're interested in, you may be able to get away with just the app.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »
Not all lounges take it.

I've never been personally denied as I always carry my card in my passport book cover along with other travel documents. You can check whether a lounge allows the mobile app on prioritypass.com – look for the "digital card accepted" icon in the amenities list on the individual lounge page.

From a cursory browse, it looks like acceptance has gone up significantly since I decided not to download their app two and a half years ago. Check the lounges you're interested in, you may be able to get away with just the app.

Thanks @Paul der Krake. I've been looking at the PP website, and it looks like they're now claiming that "most" lounges accept digital membership cards, but they're still recommending that members carry their physical cards, as well, just in case they happen to visit a lounge that doesn't yet accept digital cards.

From the PP website FAQs:

Do I still need my physical membership card if I have my Digital Membership Card?
The majority of our 1000+ lounges accept the Priority Pass Digital Membership Card, but we recommend that you also carry your physical card with you at all times.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »
For the past year, my family and I have been happily using our Priority Pass Select cards to access lounges all over the Asia Pacific Region. Even though both my wife and I had cards, normally we just showed one of them when checking into a lounge, and they've always let all three of us enter without any extra charges. Does anybody know if this is the norm, or were the people at the lounges we've visited, so far, just being nice by not charging us extra?

Recently we decided to cancel my wife's CSR and just keep mine, so now we've only got one Priority Pass for the three of us. According to the PP website, it looks like lounges charge extra for "guests." So far, we've never gotten charged anything. Every lounge we've been to has let all three of us enter using only one PP card. Were they just being nice by not charging us, or do family members not count as "guests," or? Just curious, as we're planning on using my Priority Pass card to access lounges at airports in Auckland, KL, Chengdu, Beijing, Athens and Paris over the course of the next few months. It would be good to know if we're going to get charged extra before we go, and if so, how much, so we can decide ahead of time whether it's worth it to us or not...

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
For the past year, my family and I have been happily using our Priority Pass Select cards to access lounges all over the Asia Pacific Region. Even though both my wife and I had cards, normally we just showed one of them when checking into a lounge, and they've always let all three of us enter without any extra charges. Does anybody know if this is the norm, or were the people at the lounges we've visited, so far, just being nice by not charging us extra?
Depends on the particular PP benefit that you have. Some credit cards offer a PP membership with 2 guests at no charge, some charge for guests. Chase's benefit includes all guests in your travel party. If you look like a family, they're not going to question whether you're really traveling together.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
Depends on the particular PP benefit that you have. Some credit cards offer a PP membership with 2 guests at no charge, some charge for guests. Chase's benefit includes all guests in your travel party. If you look like a family, they're not going to question whether you're really traveling together.

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks @Paul der Krake. As I got my PP card through the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, that must be why we've never gotten charged extra. My wife, daughter and I are always in the same "travel party."

Milkshake

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »
Not all lounges take it.

Thanks @Paul der Krake. I've been looking at the PP website, and it looks like they're now claiming that "most" lounges accept digital membership cards, but they're still recommending that members carry their physical cards, as well, just in case they happen to visit a lounge that doesn't yet accept digital cards.

Do I still need my physical membership card if I have my Digital Membership Card?
The majority of our 1000+ lounges accept the Priority Pass Digital Membership Card, but we recommend that you also carry your physical card with you at all times.

This may have changed since I last checked, but awhile ago I remember that the CSR's PP did NOT come with digital compatibility. You had to have the physical card, as the app only worked for people who got the PP through Priority Pass itself.

Again, that was probably more than a year ago since I read that, but just a heads up.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
I've visited the lounges in SEA and PDX. They were pretty nice. Being able to sit in a comfy chair in a quieter room with a beer while waiting for a flight isn't a bad deal at all.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
This may have changed since I last checked, but awhile ago I remember that the CSR's PP did NOT come with digital compatibility. You had to have the physical card, as the app only worked for people who got the PP through Priority Pass itself.

Again, that was probably more than a year ago since I read that, but just a heads up.

This did change.  Not sure when exactly but I just read about it on doctor of credit blog.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »

Thanks for the info!

I received my PP card in the mail today, so my experience matches bridget's - about 3 weeks prior to renewal.

Now just have to decide if I want to downgrade or not.  Sigh.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:02 PM »
Not all lounges take it.

@Milkshake, can't say for sure, as I haven't tried to actually use it yet, but I was able to create a digital membership card, with no problems, using the Priority Pass Android app. We'll find out if it works next month at Auckland Airport.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:07 PM »
In the past year my family and I have enjoyed PP lounges in Tokyo (NRT), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Phnom Penh (PNH), Taipei (TPE), and Honolulu (HNL). The quality of the lounges seems to vary a bit, but, generally, we've been really happy with all of the lounges we've tried so far.

Before an international flight, instead of going two hours early, we usually try to get to the airport at least 3 hours before our flight is scheduled to leave. That way, we don't have to rush, and it usually leaves us plenty of time to eat a nice meal, drink a couple of beers, check emails and relax in the lounge before our flight takes off.

Sorry I don't have more detailed reviews. I'll try to keep this thread in mind when we visit the PP lounge in Auckland next month and, hopefully, post a review here.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
Turkish Airlines lounge in Dulles Washington was great.  Visited both coming & going to Ethiopia, both in the morning time.  Wasn't too busy.  I sat on the bar side and had it to myself because the food side was very busy.

For breakfast, they had a cheese tray,  2 hot egg dishes (scrambled and fritata), olives, cucumber, tomato, many fruits, selection of breads.  Lots of drinks, and bar is open... yay Yuengling.

Unfortunately, I needed to get to my plane but they were putting out lunch... lots of mediteranean food... pita bites, hummus, taziki, etc.  Looked amazing.

TheFirstMan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »
Beijing Air China First Class is fantastic, amongst the best in the Priority Pass network, I bet, with lots of food and drinks and space.

Johannesburg--go for Shongololo, not Mashonza (small and windowless). But the food and drink is the same.

Dulles--Turkish is fantastic, but can get crowded. Worth making the trip on the tram if you have the time, though.

Denver--I've heard very good things about the restaurant there that accepts Priority Pass (you get a $30 tab but I think need to tip in cash).

Atlanta--solid, though I've heard they sometimes turn people away.

Orlando--I think I was in the one in Terminal A. Fine, but not very big.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2018, 12:16:55 AM »

FYI, So far, the virtual PP app on my phone has worked at all of the lounges we've tried. It's possible to look up lounges on the app, and it says whether or not they accept the virtual pass, and we got our pass through Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2018, 12:30:34 AM »
Beijing Air China First Class is fantastic, amongst the best in the Priority Pass network, I bet, with lots of food and drinks and space.

Last week, due to our scheduled 3am flight from Beijing to Athens being delayed, we got to spend about 6 hours waiting in the BGS Premier Lounge in Terminal 2 at PEK, since the Air China First Class lounge closes at 10pm. BGS Premier Lounge was open all night and it was better than sitting at the gate, but it pretty much sucked compared to most of the other lounges we've visited, so far. There was tea and some crappy coffee, peanuts, some dumplings, really bad donuts, decent croissants, a little bit of fried noodles in a buffet, some instant noodles and hot water. The wifi worked okay, for China. Next time we're in Beijing, we'll have to be sure to reserve a flight in the daytime so we can check out the Air China First Class Lounge...

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2018, 12:45:08 AM »
In January we really enjoyed visiting the Strata Lounge at Auckland International Airport (AKL). It had a nice free bar, good fresh food, juices, espresso, etc... Highly recommend!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 02:09:08 PM »
I got turned away for the first time in mid-December.  It was early evening time at Seatac and both Alaska Air lounges were closed to PP holders.  Only as I was reading the sign, I turned around with a bummed look on my face and a really nicely dressed man asked me to go in on his Alaska status!

Never had a problem with the two SEA Club lounges but they are too far out of the way if need to get to the N gates.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »
Do most of the PP lounges require you to exit and go back through security?  I was disappointed to find that all of the lounges in Frankfort required that.  Despite a long lay-over, it seemed like a lot of trouble when traveling with multiple people.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 01:22:12 AM »
Do most of the PP lounges require you to exit and go back through security?  I was disappointed to find that all of the lounges in Frankfort required that.  Despite a long lay-over, it seemed like a lot of trouble when traveling with multiple people.

I haven't seen a single one where that was the case, but I've only been to four.

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »

Out of ~10 PP lounges we've visited so far, only one was in a location that required us to go through security between the lounge and our gate. Can't remember for sure where it was. So, in answer to your question @katsiki , no, in our experience, most lounges don't require that you go through security twice, but I guess some do.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2018, 03:06:53 AM »
Thanks guys.  I'm going to try on the way back to the US next week.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:38 AM »

We have used the PP lounge access precisely once - in Orlando (after the Falcon Heavy launch). Getting to our gate required exiting and going back through security. However, with Global Entry, going through security was pretty fast.

It all depends on how the airport is set up - whether they have a single secured area or separate ones for different sections of the airport.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »
One more to add - MSP used to have Escape Lounge, a typical lounge.  That lounge terminated and now they use the PGA thing.   Did this in January.  You check in and get a $15 credit for drinks, food, etc, doesn't include tip.   I had a burger & fries and had to pay a few bucks because the cost exceed $15 + tip.   It was OK.  Different than most where you can do unlimited drinks & snacks, but often times not a full meal.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!