Author Topic: Omaha Steaks delivered to my house while on vacation - any recourse?  (Read 35473 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
I picked them up 36 hours after they arrived, any ice they may have had in it to keep the meat fresh was long gone. 

Not going to chance it eating them.  Had no idea they were coming.  What a terrible process.

Any recourse with them here?

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
Re: Omaha Steaks delivered to my house while on vacation - any recourse?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 12:48:23 AM »
I picked them up 36 hours after they arrived, any ice they may have had in it to keep the meat fresh was long gone. 

Not going to chance it eating them.  Had no idea they were coming.  What a terrible process.

Did you pay with credit card? If yes, then it is easy :)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:44:01 AM »
What do you mean you had no idea they were coming? if you ordered them then you should of known. If you didnt why would you be billed ? and if paid by CC stop payment.

SC93

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:43:48 AM »
Way back in the early 90's I used to work at a wholesale seafood factory in Omaha. We always got a good laugh because Omaha Steaks was selling 1 pound of shrimp for $49.95. The owner of the company actually called and ordered (before internet was around) a pound just to make sure it was actually 1 pound. We sold that 1 pound wholesale for around $2 and retail for around $5 at the time. Sorry, I always think of this when I hear about Omaha Steaks.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
It sounds like this was a gift.  The giver was sort of foolish to send a very perishible item without at least notifying you, if not checking first.  You can let the giver know and they can take it up with OS, but it's not really OS's fault that someone sent you a gift in a pretty stupid way.  That doesn't mean that OS won't try to do something to make it right though.  You never know unless you ask, I guess.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »
I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meat does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver."
See what they say.  It is likely built into their process to handle this.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:23:40 AM by iowajes »

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »
It was a gift so i wasn't aware it was coming.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver."

So you saying OS should re-send the package when it is not their fault that OP is not at home and aware that a package is incoming to his house?

IMO that is very dishonest. No different than this scenario: I got the steak, I ate the steak. It was very yummy. But I call OS, and said the ice was all melted and the meat does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver.

So I got 2 steaks for the price of 1...

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
I don't agree at all that it would be dishonest to ask for a redelivery. By the time you got to open the steaks, they were damaged as they were not sufficiently packed. That is the risk in their process. They could pack them in a way that they could sit for many more days, but they don't. To me it is no different than if they sent you something else that was damaged.

Ask for a new shipment . . . offer to send back the old steaks if it makes you feel better. I doubt they want them.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver."

So you saying OS should re-send the package when it is not their fault that OP is not at home and aware that a package is incoming to his house?

IMO that is very dishonest. No different than this scenario: I got the steak, I ate the steak. It was very yummy. But I call OS, and said the ice was all melted and the meat does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver.

I'm not sure what was dishonest at all about what I said. When the OP got the steaks, they were not safe to eat.  In your scenario, you ATE the steaks. if you said it was unsafe to eat, you'd be lying.

If they don't want to deal with this happening, they should confirm deliveries before making them. It was 100% their fault OP was unaware they were making the delivery. They could schedule deliveries using a phone if they want to make sure someone is available to receive them. Or they could require a signature and not just leave a package sitting on the porch.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:43:17 PM by iowajes »

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
Tell the person that sent you the gift they are a moron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
It seems to me that a company that delivers perishable goods has a responsibility to see that they're delivered properly.  They shouldn't have left the food on a doorstep. 

Peachtea

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »
Something similar happened to my husband and I, and Omaha Steaks sent us a new box. In-laws sent us a box as a gift and didn’t tell us. Condo has a rule of not accepting any food packages unless you sign a specific waiver form in advance. Also didn’t know this. So our Omaha Steaks box got returned to sender. Called them up and explained what happened. They said no problem, they would ship us a new box. Just give them a call, I’m sure they’ll send you another one.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 01:51:01 AM »

I'm not sure what was dishonest at all about what I said. When the OP got the steaks, they were not safe to eat.  In your scenario, you ATE the steaks. if you said it was unsafe to eat, you'd be lying.

If they don't want to deal with this happening, they should confirm deliveries before making them. It was 100% their fault OP was unaware they were making the delivery. They could schedule deliveries using a phone if they want to make sure someone is available to receive them. Or they could require a signature and not just leave a package sitting on the porch.

I agree totally with Iowa...How can you deliver a perishable gift without getting a signature? or make arrangements for delivery. This seems just stupid!

CheapScholar

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »
My mother sent us a package from OS this year.  Included steaks, pork chops, potatoes, hamburgers, chicken, some dessert apple things.  It was good, not great.  I highly doubt it was anywhere near a good value, although it was nice eating the food when it's been so cold outside and grocery store runs aren't so fun.

I actually thought of MMM when opening the gigantic styrofoam cooler, he'd freak out how inefficient and wasteful the whole thing is. Sure, I can reuse the cooler but I hate styrofoam anything and I try to buy meats at the store wrapped in paper instead of styrofoam whenever I can. 

I did have fun doing a few science experiments with the dry ice with my kid at least.

Cpa Cat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 11:28:34 AM »
We had this happen with some Harry and David fruit that was a gift. The post office left them on our door step in the evening without knocking or ringing the doorbell, and it froze overnight so the food wasn't edible.

They just shipped a new package.

I'd call the company and inquire.

It's not as if they haven't had this happen before. They'll have a policy for how to handle ruined food.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »

I agree totally with Iowa...How can you deliver a perishable gift without getting a signature? or make arrangements for delivery. This seems just stupid!
+2 with iowajes.  Nothing dishonest about it and most companies like this have replacements built into their pricing.  Usually they are super-happy to replace because that then gives people the opportunity to talk about great customer service. 

Speaking of which, I once got a replacement binder from Day-Timers because I ran over my binder with my car.  I begged to purchase one because it was 100% my fault, but they wouldn't have it.  They said a lifetime guarantee is just that and they shipped me a new one happily.  30 years later and I still love telling that story! 

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 02:45:57 PM »

+2 with iowajes.  Nothing dishonest about it and most companies like this have replacements built into their pricing.  Usually they are super-happy to replace because that then gives people the opportunity to talk about great customer service. 

Speaking of which, I once got a replacement binder from Day-Timers because I ran over my binder with my car.  I begged to purchase one because it was 100% my fault, but they wouldn't have it.  They said a lifetime guarantee is just that and they shipped me a new one happily.  30 years later and I still love telling that story!

Wow ok then I guess just because a company build-in replacement cost into their pricing, I do not believe you should take advantage of it if it is not their fault. That is the dishonest part. Yes company build-in replacement cost because they know there are people who does this. If noone do take advantage of this, I bet cost of goods are way lower. 

I guess we have different standard of what is honest vs dishonest. Good to know :)

Freedom2016

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 03:15:30 PM »
Wow ok then I guess just because a company build-in replacement cost into their pricing, I do not believe you should take advantage of it if it is not their fault. That is the dishonest part. Yes company build-in replacement cost because they know there are people who does this. If noone do take advantage of this, I bet cost of goods are way lower. 

I guess we have different standard of what is honest vs dishonest. Good to know :)

Wait. What?

OP is free to call OS, explain the situation, ask for replacement. OS is free to decline the request. Where on earth is the dishonesty?

Milizard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 03:21:51 PM »

What part of having no idea they were coming don't you understand?

nemesis

• Bristles
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 03:40:51 PM »
I can't imagine the profit margin built into flower delivery, food delivery, etc.

I got a Harry & David's gift basket over the holidays.  I was like "why?... just send me the money".

It blows me away that these places stay in business.

If someone wants to send me Omaha Steaks, just send me gift cards to Outback or some nice steakhouse.  I'd appreciate it a hell of a lot more.  Who buys this junk and sends it to people any way?

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
Who buys this junk and sends it to people any way?

Me and my family! I think its a great choice for when you feel obligated to get someone you don't really have much of a relationship a gift. It's something most people will use (assuming you know they aren't vegetarian/vegan), and provides the illusion of being slightly more thoughtful than a gift card. So I ordered it for my brothers & their families for Xmas one year. $50 each, shipping included - to fulfill a familial obligation and quickly get on with my life, was well worth it to me.

And we've received some from my crazy FIL, despite our repeated protests that he shouldn't buy us gifts. From the long list of useless crap he's given us (he has literally sent us boxes of stuff from around his house), Omaha Steaks has been the least bad - at least we could eat the meat.

I mean, I agree it is a complete and utter rip-off. I could go to the grocery store and get the same stuff for about $20, and not have the ridiculous packaging waste - I'd prefer that immensely. But as long as the social requirement for exchanging gifts with people you don't know well enough to actually pick out a thoughtful and useful gift is a thing, OS serves a purpose.

ETA: And personally, I find it a slightly better value then a restaurant gift card as there is considerably more than 1 meals worth of food in one of those boxes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:04:36 PM by DTaggart »

Cpa Cat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »

This seems odd to me.

At what point is the recipient allowed to ask for a replacement?

What if the package arrives and looks like wild dogs attacked it and ate some steaks?
What if the postman leaves your package in a puddle of mud and the contents are ruined?
What if someone steals it off your porch?
What if a snowstorm causes an excessive delivery delay, causing the contents to be ruined?
What if it looks like someone drop kicked it and poured motor oil on it?

The sender of the package has the opportunity to insure against damage during shipping and delivery - the recipient does not. Why would the recipient bear the cost of damaged goods that were damaged prior to them receiving them?

The above listed examples are all situations in which I would contact the seller and ask for a return/replacement. They may not have been the seller's fault, but they certainly weren't my fault, and it's part of the seller's responsibility to ensure that goods are properly delivered.

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »

This seems odd to me.

I agree. I'm surprised this is even up for debate. The steaks were a gift, and the recipient didn't know the gift was coming. Because the company doesn't make an effort to contact gift recipients prior to delivery, this is exactly the type of situation in which they should replace the order.

I'm curious to know the outcome.

Milizard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
Not to mention that they were marketing these as gifts,  and I'm sure the purchaser wasn't told, "but if the recipient is gone on vacation when we drop these off, tough luck."

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »
I don't see how it is dishonest if the OP is truthtful about the situation.  If he's being honest, how is he being dishonest?  OS can either replace the shipment, or not.  I think they would be well within their rights not ot.  But it isn't dishonest to ask. 

I think the fault here is with the gift giver primarily.  Who sends perishible items without notifying the recipient and making sure they will be around.

friedmmj

• Bristles
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 03:27:58 AM »
I don't see how it is dishonest if the OP is truthtful about the situation.  If he's being honest, how is he being dishonest?  OS can either replace the shipment, or not.  I think they would be well within their rights not ot.  But it isn't dishonest to ask. 

I think the fault here is with the gift giver primarily.  Who sends perishible items without notifying the recipient and making sure they will be around.

Exactly!  What kind of thoughtless a-hole buys a perishable gift for someone without verifying they will be home to receive it LOL.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »

Wait. What?

OP is free to call OS, explain the situation, ask for replacement. OS is free to decline the request. Where on earth is the dishonesty?

There is no dishonesty for the OP telling the truth to OS.

The only dishonesty I saw was seqoia's plan to eat the steaks, then lie to OS about it.

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 09:22:27 PM »
Room temperature OS steaks from first delivery were trashed to avoid illness. OS sent new shipment and I received on schedule and froze.

No qiesrions asked

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 01:44:28 AM »
It seems to me that a company that delivers perishable goods has a responsibility to see that they're delivered properly.  They shouldn't have left the food on a doorstep.

Yup, if they choose a delivery option where it's left at your door with no personal delivery, then that's just part of their cost of doing business.  I'm sure their markup is sufficient to cover these circumstances, and I'd be surprised if they don't just send more.  All a company like OS has is a good name.  They don't want anyone to have a bad experience.

That said, I've eaten 3 day old meat before.

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 03:46:03 PM »
Room temperature OS steaks from first delivery were trashed to avoid illness. OS sent new shipment and I received on schedule and froze.

No qiesrions asked

Good to know. I would have expected nothing less from OS. Thanks for sharing the outcome!

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:52 PM »

No qiesrions asked
Glad it worked out for you.
I figured it would be a non issue with them.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »

We probably just have a different understanding of what it takes to run a successful mail order business.  It sounds like we both agree that telling the truth is honest and lying would be dishonest.  I didn't see anyone suggest lying. 

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2018, 01:51:17 PM »

Wait. What?

I agree. What is the OP doing that is dishonest?

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »

OP said "I picked them up 36 hours after they arrived".

Then iowajes said "I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver.".

And I said that is dishonest because OP said "36 hours after they arrived", and iowajes said "I just received a delivery". 36 hours is not just received a delivery in my humble opinion.

What part of ^ don't you understand?

We probably just have a different understanding of what it takes to run a successful mail order business.  It sounds like we both agree that telling the truth is honest and lying would be dishonest.  I didn't see anyone suggest lying.

See my post ^. I am standing by my earlier statement. If OP tell OS, hey I got back home 36 hr after your package arrive. Ice are melted, I am not eating these meat. Can you replace this, and OS replace it, then kudos for OS. If OS said, too bad so sad, you should have open the package upon arrival, not 36 hr later, then I do not think less of OS.

I still think it is dishonest when the fact is OP "I picked them up 36 hours after they arrived" but then someone said "I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver." ".

Like I said earlier different standard of what is honest vs dishonest :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:18:21 AM by sequoia »

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 07:07:43 AM »

This seems odd to me.

What if the package arrives and looks like wild dogs attacked it and ate some steaks?
What if the postman leaves your package in a puddle of mud and the contents are ruined?
What if someone steals it off your porch?
What if a snowstorm causes an excessive delivery delay, causing the contents to be ruined?
What if it looks like someone drop kicked it and poured motor oil on it?

The sender of the package has the opportunity to insure against damage during shipping and delivery - the recipient does not. Why would the recipient bear the cost of damaged goods that were damaged prior to them receiving them?

The above listed examples are all situations in which I would contact the seller and ask for a return/replacement. They may not have been the seller's fault, but they certainly weren't my fault, and it's part of the seller's responsibility to ensure that goods are properly delivered.

"At what point is the recipient allowed to ask for a replacement?"
See my post above. If the postman leave your package in a puddle and it is ruined, that's between you and post office, not the sender. Same thing for snowstorm/weather related delay.

When the meat arrived with melted ice then I agree it should warrant a replacement. This is not the case here. OP picked it up 36 hr later. The meat probably arrived fine with ice still frozen. 

"The above listed examples are all situations in which I would contact the seller and ask for a return/replacement. "
Seriously? Package getting attacked/eaten by wild dogs, dropped kicked and poured with motor oil? Any other ridiculous what if scenario you want to post? How about getting hit by meteor? Your post is odd to me...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:21:04 AM by sequoia »

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
IMO- the sender needs to take up damage with the post office, not the recipient.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 07:25:13 AM »

Then iowajes said "I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver.".

And I said that is dishonest because OP said "36 hours after they arrived", and iowajes said "I just received a delivery". 36 hours is not just received a delivery in my humble opinion.

See my post ^. I am standing by my earlier statement. If OP tell OS, hey I got back home 36 hr after your package arrive. Ice are melted, I am not eating these meat. Can you replace this, and OS replace it, then kudos for OS. If OS said, too bad so sad, you should have open the package upon arrival, not 36 hr later, then I do not think less of OS.

I still think it is dishonest when the fact is OP "I picked them up 36 hours after they arrived" but then someone said "I'd call and say "I just received a delivery and all the ice was melted, the meet does not seem safe to eat. Could you please redeliver." ".

The original poster DID 'just receive the delivery'.  The delivery wasn't just made, but s/he wasn't there when it was made; so it was just received. Since the company made no effort to schedule the delivery when s/he would be there, that is on the sender, not the original poster.

Cpa Cat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 07:39:34 AM »
"The above listed examples are all situations in which I would contact the seller and ask for a return/replacement. "
Seriously? Package getting attacked/eaten by wild dogs, dropped kicked and poured with motor oil? Any other ridiculous what if scenario you want to post? How about getting hit by meteor? Your post is odd to me...

In all seriousness... All of those things have actually happened to packages of mine.

I mean... I don't know for sure that wild dogs chewed into a package, because I didn't witness the actual eating of the package, but it certainly appeared that an animal of some kind had chewed a hole in a box and damaged some food inside. Maybe it was rodents and not dogs - I don't know!

The motor oil one was a book. I brought that into the house and couldn't figure out what the heck the smell was. We realized it was the package, which had a rare book inside. It was soaked in motor oil (now dried) and had a dent in it. Thankfully, the seller had sealed the book in plastic and bubble wrap, so it wasn't damaged and the oil didn't soak through all the way.

Some clothing was ruined in a puddle package, but the retailer was happy to replace it.

Stolen package turned out to be lame - office supplies. So good luck to the thief. Amazon replaced the package.

The truth is that the seller is responsible to ensure that the buyer receives the package. When they hire USPS, they can get insurance. Only they can claim on the insurance, the buyer can't. So it's not between the buyer and the post office. It's between the seller and the post office, because the seller contracted with the post office.

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 07:56:16 AM »
Didn't read all of the other comments, but with Blue Apron, I've been very happy with their customer service and food safety standards. They have frequently refunded the entire cost of my boxes when delivered late or when I have contacted them with a concern about melted ice packs and ingredients not being as cold as I'd hoped. I'd just let the company know what happened and ask if they can help in any way. My guess is that they will refund the money or re-ship at a better time.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 11:10:08 AM »

I think I understand the issue.  Sequoia is not a native English speaker (judging by some grammatical errors and phrasing in previous comments) and is confused by someone saying "I just received" vs. it was delivered. 

A package can be delivered anytime, with or without the recipient home to receive it.  Clearly, this package was delivered 36 hours before the recipient was home or available to receive it.  Delivering a package to a door does not represent a full delivery transaction.  Just like communication,it is incumbent on the speaker/sender to make sure the message/package is received clearly/safely. 

I hope that make sense. 

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
Didn't read all of the other comments, but with Blue Apron, I've been very happy with their customer service and food safety standards. They have frequently refunded the entire cost of my boxes when delivered late or when I have contacted them with a concern about melted ice packs and ingredients not being as cold as I'd hoped. I'd just let the company know what happened and ask if they can help in any way. My guess is that they will refund the money or re-ship at a better time.

Omaha steaks already replaced it. We are just arguing amongst ourselves now.

SnackDog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 11:55:40 AM »
Since it was a gift you also had the option to just forget about it.  You are not really out any money since you didn't pay for it.  And OS is not out any money that way either since it was not their fault.  And the gift-giver is not screwed either. Win-win-win.

rubybeth

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »

Haha, okay. I will say that even when I've had doubts about whether or not the food or a specific ingredient was safe to use, Blue Apron was really easy to work with, so I assume most food providers are similar. If there's even a doubt in someone's mind about food safety, I think these companies err on the side of extreme caution.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 12:19:05 AM »

As we are wont to do

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2018, 12:20:45 AM »

I think I understand the issue.  Sequoia is not a native English speaker (judging by some grammatical errors and phrasing in previous comments) and is confused by someone saying "I just received" vs. it was delivered. 

A package can be delivered anytime, with or without the recipient home to receive it.  Clearly, this package was delivered 36 hours before the recipient was home or available to receive it.  Delivering a package to a door does not represent a full delivery transaction.  Just like communication,it is incumbent on the speaker/sender to make sure the message/package is received clearly/safely. 

I hope that make sense.

I understand exactly the issue. Using the definition of "received" to justify asking for another package is really dishonest to me. Just curious, is there a time limit here? What happen if one is on vacation for 1 months, come back home and just receive this package? Can one still call and ask: I just receive the package, the meat is green and full of maggots, but would love to have a replacement since I just receive it.

Based on what are posted above, sounds like this is still ok. It seems that the recipient pretty much win at any scenario. One can always blame the company. That's really f*** up imo...

So now from discussing about Omaha Steaks, the discussion turns to my grammatical errors and phrasing. I do not realize everyone speak perfect English here... 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
Uh yeah words mean what they mean.  Maybe you are gone for a year and they leave rotten meat at your doorstep.  Well it’s their problem.  They should have delivered it to a human, but they chose the absolute cheapest delivery method.  Nobody is sayings to lie, I’m sure the company has tracking information that tells them it was left st your home days ago.  But the just doesn’t qualify as “receiving” it, not in common parlance and especially not in legal terminology

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

I hope that make sense.

I understand exactly the issue. Using the definition of "received" to justify asking for another package is really dishonest to me. Just curious, is there a time limit here? What happen if one is on vacation for 1 months, come back home and just receive this package? Can one still call and ask: I just receive the package, the meat is green and full of maggots, but would love to have a replacement since I just receive it.

Based on what are posted above, sounds like this is still ok. It seems that the recipient pretty much win at any scenario. One can always blame the company. That's really f*** up imo...

So now from discussing about Omaha Steaks, the discussion turns to my grammatical errors and phrasing. I do not realize everyone speak perfect English here...
Sequoia,
I did not mean to insult you.   I'm sorry that it seemed that way.  I promise to never send you a package of Omaha Steaks when you're on vacation for a month. 
Love,
BlueHouse

libertarian4321

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »

You may still be able to eat it.

You just need to use the right seasoning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rU5mpwJ6GU

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2018, 02:31:15 PM »

You may still be able to eat it.

You just need to use the right seasoning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rU5mpwJ6GU

“Braxie ham” is dried, salted, and well cooked mutton from self dead sheep. If you find a dead sheep up in the mountains, and it didn’t fall apart from a good shaking, it could become a nice braxie ham, or braxie pie, stew, or other delicacies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfwE128ZvVE