Author Topic: Official Republic Wireless Referral Thread  (Read 156132 times)

vanvalks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Official Republic Wireless Referral Thread
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »
Moderator Note: This thread is old, the new thread here: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/welcome-to-the-forum/official-new-republic-wireless-referral-thread/
/End Moderator Note.

I looked through the forums and saw lots of official referral threads, but didn't see one for republic wireless. I guess I'll start it out. Here's mine:

http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/25Tx5j

I was pretty nervous to switch over to the $10/month plan (talk and text only on cell network, data only on wireless) however after having switched, so far it really hasn't been a difficult adjustment. For me personally I am at work during the day on wifi and then at home on wifi the rest of the day. When I am out and about with no data I consider it "roughing it". I've also found that it keeps me from checking my phone as often when I am out on the weekends with my family. Also I have noticed that many restaurants and stores have open wifi connections which I can connect to if I need to do anything that requires a data connection. I think for many the deal breaker is that you have to use the Moto X, but I've always been on the android platform and am not much of an Apple consumer. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have if you are considering switching!

Post your referral link after you have used mine!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:05:57 AM by arebelspy »

freeedom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Official Republic Wireless Referral Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:40:54 PM »

nyxst

• Bristles
    • AgainstAllOdds
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »
Oh oh! Here is mine :)
http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/299Kgd
I'm in month 2 and so far 100% successful and awesome! My teen daughter has the $10 plan and I have the $25. With taxes and everything, I pay $41 per month... Way better than my $140 per month to verizon...

Milspecstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
I used Vanvalk's code.  Please use mine:

http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/290m17

mc6

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2443vL

Here is my code.   I was a flip phone user previously and this smartphone dealio is pretty nifty!

Strato

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread.  Motivated me to finally sign up!  Got a white moto X for the wife.  Hopefully it gets here in time for Valentines day :)

I used mc6's link.  Here's my referral link:

http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/29LNtV

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »
It was nice of Republic Wireless to set up this official referral thread.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »
It sure was, Dragoncar!

40andgrowing

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Thanks for posting this in the forum, it finally gave me the push to make the switch. I used Strato's link, please use mine below if you're going to sign up. What a great idea to help everyone save a few more bucks.

http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/29Xpf0

vanvalks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 11:15:26 PM »
It was nice of Republic Wireless to set up this official referral thread.

I don't get it?

jordanread

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 05:29:30 PM »

TreeTired

• Bristles
  • I think we can make it (We made it!)
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »
so you have to use that one phone and it costs $299?     I am going to get off of ATT wireless but I have a 4 phone family plan and one son is still using a phone that has an unexpired 2 year contract.   Everyone else is using old phones or store-bought phones.  I forbade "free" upgrades a while ago -  determined to get off of ATT.   The worst part of ATT wireless is the horrible reception in our home.

jordanread

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 07:48:04 AM »
so you have to use that one phone and it costs $299?   
Yeah, they used to have the $99 Defy, but apparently they sold out, and I don't know if they are going to be bringing it back. Because of the way that Republic Wireless works, you can't b ring your own phone because they use a custom version of android.

Embers

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
Yeah, they used to have the $99 Defy, but apparently they sold out, and I don't know if they are going to be bringing it back. Because of the way that Republic Wireless works, you can't b ring your own phone because they use a custom version of android.

The Defy was horrible and the call quality was bad, but I liked the price. The Moto X is awesome and I have had no issues at all.  Motorolla offers a $100 rebate on olders Motorolla phones. If you don't have a older model Motorolla phone you can usually find one on Ebay for $25

Oh and here is my link: http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/ypz0K

jordanread

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
The Defy was horrible and the call quality was bad, but I liked the price.
I loved the Defy, and had no issues with the call quality. I was not a fan of how little memory it had, and I didn't like the hand off between wifi and cell. That being said, it was my first smart phone, and it blew me away!
The Moto X is awesome and I have had no issues at all.
^ This. Outstanding phone, and the service is great.

Transmatic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 10:31:28 PM »

The Defy was horrible and the call quality was bad, but I liked the price. The Moto X is awesome and I have had no issues at all.  Motorolla offers a $100 rebate on olders Motorolla phones. If you don't have a older model Motorolla phone you can usually find one on Ebay for $25

Oh and here is my link: http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/ypz0K

Embers, I used your link to purchase 2 new phones on the $10 plan. Goodbye AT&T.

Here's my referral http://referrals.republicwireless.com/a/clk/2Cx11D

Daley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »
I can't help but wonder how many thousands of dollars more could have actually been saved in this community by people who bothered to research and reuse their own phones with a cheaper MVNO instead of joining Republic.

Instead, we have people piling in and patting each other on the backs for buying proprietary new $300 phones that still can't be resold or reactivated, generating even more needless electronic waste all in the name of hedonistic technolust and rampant greed...

Am I the only one mildly amused by the rich irony?

wtjbatman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
I can't help but wonder how many thousands of dollars more could have actually been saved in this community by people who bothered to research and reuse their own phones with a cheaper MVNO instead of joining Republic.

Instead, we have people piling in and patting each other on the backs for buying proprietary new $300 phones that still can't be resold or reactivated, generating even more needless electronic waste all in the name of hedonistic technolust and rampant greed...

I'm mildly amused by your constant crusading against Republic Wireless. Amused and a little flabbergasted.

Although it's surprising it took you this long to show up and post a link to "your" tech superguide :)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
A single post in a RW thread to warn people who may not know is hardly crusading (despite the fact that yes, I'm aware he's posted in other RW threads).

Although it's surprising it took you this long to show up and post a link to "your" tech superguide

I am confused by your use of quotation marks.   Please explain what you mean.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:09:49 AM by arebelspy »
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

wtjbatman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »
Although it's surprising it took you this long to show up and post a link to "your" tech superguide

I am confused by your use of quotation marks.   Please explain what you mean.

Simply poking fun at his previous claim (off topic I know, but you asked) that people are plagiarizing his superguide. The one that contains public knowledge and freely (and easily) available information.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »
Ah, gotcha. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

SAHD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »

No I think it is anti MMM also.  I have been a tracfone user for years, I have a $19 phone and pay 6 cents a minute.  5 years ago I purchase life time double the minutes for $20.  This year I got 2500 minutes for $139 that is 5.56 cents per minute.  Since I am not a phone addict I have more than enough minutes for the entire year. 

Daley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 11:36:30 PM »
I have been a tracfone user for years, I have a $19 phone and pay 6 cents a minute.  5 years ago I purchase life time double the minutes for $20.  This year I got 2500 minutes for $139 that is 5.56 cents per minute.  Since I am not a phone addict I have more than enough minutes for the entire year.

When it comes time that you need a new phone or next renewal cycle, give the guide a read. If you can believe it, there's cheaper out there with far better customer support and the ability to bring your own phone... there are also some really nice feature phones out there for the same money that America Movil charges for their cereal box toys. The wife used to be on Tracfone and I on NET10, and we frequently wondered if there was better for the money, even though we weren't spending that much. I can say with all confidence, there is.

jordanread

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
Just a quick heads up about these links. RW just sent an email out stating that these links won't be good after 02/28/14. Apparently something will replace the refer-a-friend, but there are no additional details as of yet.
If you make the decision to go with RW, and want to take advantage of the referral program to get a free $19, act quickly. Or wait and see what they do to replace it.

nyxst

• Bristles
    • AgainstAllOdds
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »
I like republic wireless a lot, actually :) very nice people to deal with. Really great service to my phone in many areas of SE Pa..yes, the phone itself wasn't cheap, but it was the big christmas gift this year for my daughter and I, so money that was going to be spent anyway :) I love the phone and can't find anything to complain about at all!

Dominic49

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
http://rwshar.es/OBYe

new links are up!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »