Author Topic: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)  (Read 765091 times)

Cannot Wait!

• Pencil Stache
Re: Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #3700 on: February 16, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
I'm always up for a doggie walk!  I was out for an hour, probably 6 kms.  $25 is for 45 mins but I didn't want to return him.  😄 
Camp Mustache Canada... its a thing now! Meet us there!!
806228541398102 is my referral code for Questrade and 46748759S1 for Tangerine.  Thnx!

akzidenz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mustachian People Problems (just for fun)
« Reply #3701 on: February 17, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
I got a bonus at work and was going to follow my typical rule of "save 75%, spend 25% as a reward". So I went and looked at my list of consumerist wants (which I've been keeping to reduce impulse purchases)…and then I realized I didn't want any thing as much as I wanted future compound interest.

So I'm saving it all! Part of me feels very boring for not having anything I really want, and not participating in "what are you buying with your bonus?" conversations. And this month I'll get to put almost 3x more into savings than I usually manage!

Abe

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3702 on: February 17, 2017, 09:46:49 AM »
My wife got an unexpected bonus last year which MMM could live off of for a year. A lot of her colleagues asked if she's finally going to buy a real "doctor" car like a BMW or something. Considering she spends 30 minutes in it 4 days a week, that sounded like a poor investment. We just maxed out our 401ks and then invested the amount we avoided in taxes also.

Dave1442397

• Stubble
« Reply #3703 on: February 17, 2017, 10:50:43 AM »
My wife got an unexpected bonus last year which MMM could live off of for a year. A lot of her colleagues asked if she's finally going to buy a real "doctor" car like a BMW or something. Considering she spends 30 minutes in it 4 days a week, that sounded like a poor investment. We just maxed out our 401ks and then invested the amount we avoided in taxes also.

We have a doctor friend who recently finished his residency. Within a month or two: new McMansion, new BMW, new Mercedes SUV, new Harley, braces on kid's teeth, island vacation. His wife was pissed...she was quite happy in the old house and driving her old Honda.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3704 on: February 17, 2017, 10:54:52 AM »
Bf: Mint keeps complaining that I'm over budget...on student loans!

(I expect it was actually the little "you've spent $XXXX on The Thing last month, usually you spend $XX!" message...)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UKMustache

• Stubble
« Reply #3705 on: February 17, 2017, 02:54:28 PM »
My investment brokerage has just released a fancy new app which let's you make investments authorised by fingerprint on your smartphone (which mine is compatible with).

I'll never get to use it though because I only buy index funds via a monthly direct debit!

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3706 on: February 17, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
Bf: Mint keeps complaining that I'm over budget...on student loans!

(I expect it was actually the little "you've spent $XXXX on The Thing last month, usually you spend $XX!" message...)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lol we had the same problem paying down my wife's. Now I get a weekly email from mint showing my spending categories. About twice a month it just says "something must be wrong you didn't spend any money this week". I always get a chuckle out of that one.
There are two types of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. They are both right. - Henry ford

Cannot Wait!

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3707 on: February 18, 2017, 09:37:55 AM »
So I'm saving it all! Part of me feels very boring for not having anything I really want, and not participating in "what are you buying with your bonus?" conversations. And this month I'll get to put almost 3x more into savings than I usually manage!