Author Topic: HSBC bonus  (Read 1801 times)

Magclaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
HSBC bonus
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:13:59 AM »
Anyone open an HSBC account for the welcome bonus?
It is $350 bonus for $10,000 deposit for 3 months.
Is there any catch for this?
Feedback appreciated

DTaggart

• Bristles
Re: HSBC bonus
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
I did a similar offer with HSBC last year and had no issues. Just make sure you read all the fine print to avoid any monthly fees and keep the account open long enough (there was some restriction about not closing the account before 6 months or so or they rescind the bonus, your offer may have different terms so just make sure you read everything thoroughly).

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »
I usually look to Doctor of Credit for info on such things: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hsbc-checking-account-bonus-350-or-750/

Here's their verdict:

Quote from: DoC
$350 and $750 bonuses sound good on the surface, but we need to run the numbers here. In order to get the bonus, the funds must be in the account for 3 months, from 12/21/15 until 3/21/16. In practice, the funds will need to remain there for another 8 weeks as you’ll need the $10k/$100k in the account in order to waive the monthly fee.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
I just opened this account under my wife's name.  I am going to have her call once the money is transferred in and make sure the bonus code is attached to the account.

I opened the account under my name about 1.5 years ago and messaged about my bonus after the required length of time.  They told me a bonus code was not attached.  For some reason I have decided to give them another chance.  I'm sitting at $6,000 from bank account bonuses for the year, so if this one doesn't pay out I won't be too heartbroken.