Author Topic: How much do you spend on alcohol per month?  (Read 69864 times)

Guses

• Pencil Stache
Re: How much do you spend on alcohol per month?
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »
My wife still lets me order one beer if we are out with friends, which is nice.

So nice of her to give you permission to have a beer... :P

We also own a kegerator. My wife primarily drinks it, it usually has some kind of IPA keg inside. I am trying to figure out if that is really worth it, but so far it seems like a decent bargain - <$1/beer; you don't have to pour a full 12oz if you are only a little thirsty; and FAR less waste - one keg will save over 100 cans/bottles and cardboard packaging for the same. Only problem is if you do frugally ration the beer, the keg will last a LONG time; generally won't get skunky, but you might get tired of drinking the same beer all the time.

Doesn't she find that the IPA loses it's hop when left in the keg for a while? I find my own IPA tastes more like a regular PA by the time I get to the last glass. It still tastes good though.

Are you brewing? Because <1$ per beer is a VERY VERY good price for a keg of IPA. For references, a keg has almost 60 beers in it. Around here, I haven't seen a single place that sells a keg for less than 150$ and forget about getting an IPA at that price point. They are seriously giving it away at that price!

gliderpilot567

• Stubble
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
Not brewing (yet; I'd like to get into it) but live in a really LCOL area and buy our kegs at the "Class Six" on the military base, so no tax, and the prices are pretty darn low there overall. I don't know what the store's cost is from their distributor. We usually pay around $140-150 for a half barrel keg.

As for the dollar beers.... are you talking 15.5 gallon (half barrel) kegs, or smaller (pony, 1/4 or 1/6 barrel kegs)? 15.5 gallon is almost 2000 floz, which gets you well north of 100 twelve-oz pours ASSUMING you have adjusted the line length and pressurization so that you don't get a lot of foam waste. (it would be 165 pours IF you could get them perfect, with no waste or pour-off... this is not typically realistic). Also, letting cold air into the "tower" helps keep the line and faucet cool so you don't have to pour off as much warm beer. I removed a baffle in the top of the kegerator so it now allows cold air into there.

But it's been a while since we bought one, so I may want to run an experiment on the next keg to verify my numbers.

Pony kegs are not worth it, IMO. They end up costing only a little less than the half barrel keg, but you get a lot less beer out of it, and I have found it more difficult to tweak the pressurization just right.

Flavor wise, some IPAs do better than others it seems. I don't drink them nearly as much as my wife but she doesn't really complain when the keg has gotten old. I find that keeping the lines clean (and not letting the spout dip into the beer glass during pouring - lets bacteria get in) makes a big difference in the flavor.

One thing I haven't priced out is the cost of running the additional mini refrigerator. I expect it's not that much, because it rarely/never gets opened, and holds a large cold mass inside.

Overall though, one of the biggest benefits I find with the kegerator is the reduced hassle and bottle/paper waste.

Guses

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
Not brewing (yet; I'd like to get into it) but live in a really LCOL area and buy our kegs at the "Class Six" on the military base, so no tax, and the prices are pretty darn low there overall. I don't know what the store's cost is from their distributor. We usually pay around $140-150 for a half barrel keg.

As for the dollar beers.... are you talking 15.5 gallon (half barrel) kegs, or smaller (pony, 1/4 or 1/6 barrel kegs)? 15.5 gallon is almost 2000 floz, which gets you well north of 100 twelve-oz pours ASSUMING you have adjusted the line length and pressurization so that you don't get a lot of foam waste. (it would be 165 pours IF you could get them perfect, with no waste or pour-off... this is not typically realistic). Also, letting cold air into the "tower" helps keep the line and faucet cool so you don't have to pour off as much warm beer. I removed a baffle in the top of the kegerator so it now allows cold air into there.

This is insane! I was talking 150$ for a CORNY (5 gal) keg. You are paying 1/3 of that! When you mentioned IPA, I automatically assumed craft brewery. Maybe we are comparing apples and oranges?

I don't usually get off flavors in my kegs. I usually just take a shot of "line beer" before pouring a glass. While it's not the greatest sip, I've never had a bad surprise there. All of my lines are refrigerated though.

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
I probably average $15 every other month for drinks with friends.

I also typically make about 6 gallons of wine a year, although a lot of this goes to gifts.  This costs me anywhere between $50-$150 per 6 gallon batch ($1.5-$5 per bottle) depending on whether I'm crushing fruit or buying a nice concentrate kit.

Stachless

• Stubble
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
Over $1,200 per month, but I'm a semi-professional drinker in that a large part of my job is schmoozing clients so its not all on me and it mostly gets reimbursed.  Not all jobs are terrible!

P.S.  I'm glad there's not a thread like this about strippers!

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2017, 11:44:29 PM »
Over $1,200 per month, but I'm a semi-professional drinker in that a large part of my job is schmoozing clients so its not all on me and it mostly gets reimbursed.  Not all jobs are terrible!

That's different. Supporting low-income young adults is my charitable giving for the year. :D

nemesis

• Bristles
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2017, 01:19:01 AM »

While that sounds like a dream, there's  price to be paid for drink that much alcohol and eat out with clients.  I used to have $1k meals with clients ($300-$400 per person), never really enjoyed it much as I'm not a big spender personally.  My colleagues all gained a lot of weight taking clients out to eat.  These days I prefer a simple meal at home with family / friends.

Libertea

• Bristles
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2017, 07:01:07 AM »
That's different. Supporting low-income young adults is my charitable giving for the year. :D
Since no one else has yet appreciated the hilarity of this comment, I wanted to be the first do so. :-D

monstermonster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »
Since no one else has yet appreciated the hilarity of this comment, I wanted to be the first do so. :-D
Stripping rarely makes you low-income unless you're only working a few shifts a week or you're at a shitty club ;)

Source: former stripper, taught a college class called the "Economics of Stripping" for 4 years.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
Formerly, about $200 - $250 per month.  Now, $0.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2017, 09:00:45 AM »
Almost $0, let's say $20.  having a young kid + one on the way means I don't drink a ton, I can make a 12 pack of beer last a couple months, especially in the winter (I primarily drink while grilling outside, and don't grill much in the winter).  And obviously pregnant women no longer drink wine.  Might have a couple drinks a month out to eat.   

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2017, 09:57:37 AM »
Stripping rarely makes you low-income unless you're only working a few shifts a week or you're at a shitty club ;)

Source: former stripper, taught a college class called the "Economics of Stripping" for 4 years.

Sad. I guess i need to do more research to make sure my charity dollars are having the greatest impact in my community.  :)

headwinds

• Stubble
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2017, 12:29:48 AM »
So far this year, $0. Hope to stay that way. Alcohol too easily becomes a habit for me rather than an occasional treat, and as a habit it is a drag on both my portfolio and my health.

Laserjet3051

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2017, 09:47:43 AM »
Holding steady at $0 per month for over 3 years now. My culinary excesses are focused on fresh seafood as opposed to alcohol (though I graciously accept free bottles of wine as gifts from visitors to our home now and again).

Schaefer Light

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
I spend whatever it takes to keep the beer fridge full.

Stachless

• Stubble
« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2017, 10:35:41 AM »

Sad. I guess i need to do more research to make sure my charity dollars are having the greatest impact in my community.  :)

Metric Mouse: perhaps you just need to re-frame your goals?  I've personally achieved 100% self-acutalization once I switched my focus from "supporting low-income young adults" to "supporting single moms, one dollar at a time".  Thank me later!

thebattlewalrus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2017, 04:31:03 PM »
I don't buy much anymore, I enjoy bourbon and have a number of bottles but I only have a glass maybe every few weeks. If I do buy a bottle it might be $20-$100 but it will last me 6+ months.

We also have a great brewery scene around my area, every now and then I will stop and drink a beer or two.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #217 on: January 24, 2017, 12:28:32 AM »

Those beer fridges always seem to have less beer in them than the last time I opened it. And I check it a few times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.

Schaefer Light

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #218 on: January 24, 2017, 06:50:49 AM »

Those beer fridges always seem to have less beer in them than the last time I opened it. And I check it a few times a week, sometimes multiple times a day.

Me, too.  I just make sure it's never empty ;).

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2017, 01:00:44 PM »
We spend about $50 - $60 per month for the two of us.

I enjoy the flavor of (most) beer.  DW hates it, but has an occasional wine or lemonade/ginger drink.  Neither of us do hard liquor.  We just gave away an unopened bottle of rum that we'd had for five years!

Alcohol cost is noise to our retirement goals.  Maybe it affects our health, but (4) drinks a week for me and (2) for her doesn't weigh too heavily on my concern list.

10 a day (if really true for the top 10%!) sounds painful.  I'm not sure I could do that for more than a couple days even if there was a lottery prize involved.  Yikes!

It may get to the point that we will have to up our alcohol spending drastically just to keep from shooting way past our target  :D

frompa

• Bristles
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
However much it takes.

seventytimes7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #221 on: January 24, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
Anywhere between 30-$175 a month, depending social engagements. Most months, I have a box of wine or a bottle of scotch for at home. Most of my social activities with friends include drinking or bars, but I don't drink beer so it can get expensive.

mastrr

• Bristles
« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:04 PM »
Alcohol too easily becomes a habit for me rather than an occasional treat, and as a habit it is a drag on both my portfolio and my health.

This is how I feel as well, however I still buy alcohol once a week on the weekend or occasional week night.  I feel like MMM may have a larger percentage of compulsive personalities when compared with society as a whole.  My compensation is so buy in low quantities such as a 6 pack or 1 bottle of wine and manage the frequency in which I do this.  If I buy a bottle of bourbon etc. I doubt it will last more than a week cause I'll have 2-3 drinks every night of the week until its gone.  There's something about leaving something unfinished that rubs me the wrong way.  But I have enough discipline to not get smashed on a Tuesday.

That being said I spend around $60-$75/month

frugalfinancehippy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Frugal Finance Hippy
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2017, 12:29:01 AM »
What province?  Comparisons are less helpful between higher and lower-cost areas/countries.  (Point of reference: $39 for 24 bottles of domestic craft brew, $49 for 24 bottles of imported beer.  Wine $8-14 for okay-ish 750ml bottle.  I don't think you can actually buy a bottle of wine at the LCBO for less that $7-8, nowadays.)

I'm in Ontario.  During our most stressful months, I guesstimated we were in the ~$200 range.  <insert incredibly ashamed face>  Thankfully, this phase did not last too long, as self-medicating with booze is not a long-term plan.  (That figure excludes restaurant/pub purchases.)

We have had a stretch of months at or near $0 (gone dry/nearly dry for some health goals.)  This won't continue indefinitely.  I'm a bit concerned we'll easily get into the $100+ range again (that's two cases of beer and one bottle of wine - not a vast quantity.  Works out to less than one drink per adult per day.)  Not willing to drink plonk just to save money, so I'm wondering if the solution is having more dry periods (or requesting all-booze Christmas gifts.  "Look, Mommy got a 2-4!")

That's amazing, I had no idea wine was so affordable in Ontario. I live in British Columbia and there is nothing under $10 range (for wine) that I would enjoy drinking. I am including tax too.

I think I will steal your idea for requesting all-booze Christmas gifts! So awesome :)

Also in BC - cheapest we like to drink is naked grape for wine. Have you thought about a UBrew place? I looked into in the summer when it felt like we were spending way too much on booze and it is cheaper especially if you can go in with a friend or two to get the larger batch rates.

zazpowered

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Where should you invest your money?
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2017, 02:49:41 AM »
I'm lucky that I don't like to drink that much. I prob spend like $40 a month in an expensive city

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2017, 09:43:53 AM »
What province?  Comparisons are less helpful between higher and lower-cost areas/countries.  (Point of reference: $39 for 24 bottles of domestic craft brew, $49 for 24 bottles of imported beer.  Wine $8-14 for okay-ish 750ml bottle.  I don't think you can actually buy a bottle of wine at the LCBO for less that $7-8, nowadays.)

I'm in Ontario.  During our most stressful months, I guesstimated we were in the ~$200 range.  <insert incredibly ashamed face>  Thankfully, this phase did not last too long, as self-medicating with booze is not a long-term plan.  (That figure excludes restaurant/pub purchases.)

We have had a stretch of months at or near $0 (gone dry/nearly dry for some health goals.)  This won't continue indefinitely.  I'm a bit concerned we'll easily get into the $100+ range again (that's two cases of beer and one bottle of wine - not a vast quantity.  Works out to less than one drink per adult per day.)  Not willing to drink plonk just to save money, so I'm wondering if the solution is having more dry periods (or requesting all-booze Christmas gifts.  "Look, Mommy got a 2-4!")

That's amazing, I had no idea wine was so affordable in Ontario. I live in British Columbia and there is nothing under $10 range (for wine) that I would enjoy drinking. I am including tax too.

I think I will steal your idea for requesting all-booze Christmas gifts! So awesome :)

Also in BC - cheapest we like to drink is naked grape for wine. Have you thought about a UBrew place? I looked into in the summer when it felt like we were spending way too much on booze and it is cheaper especially if you can go in with a friend or two to get the larger batch rates.

We're in Quebec, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a bottle under 10$ in a while. 13-14$ for halfway decent wine. So yeah, we do the local UBrew - paying them to do everything costs 40$/batch, and the total cost per bottle INCLUDING that works out to about 4$/bottle, which I find pretty ok.

The wine is actually decent. Like, decent enough that I've poured it into a fancy decanter for a nice dinner and had wine snobs comment that it was lovely wine and where did I get it? ("Oh, my local person has great suggestions! Thanks, I'm so glad you enjoy it!") It's AT LEAST equal to the 14$ bottles we would otherwise be getting. We find that a batch of wine lasts about a year, for us - 28-30 bottles per batch. Worth the cost.

Guses

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
We're in Quebec, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a bottle under 10$ in a while. 13-14$ for halfway decent wine. So yeah, we do the local UBrew - paying them to do everything costs 40$/batch, and the total cost per bottle INCLUDING that works out to about 4$/bottle, which I find pretty ok.

The wine is actually decent. Like, decent enough that I've poured it into a fancy decanter for a nice dinner and had wine snobs comment that it was lovely wine and where did I get it? ("Oh, my local person has great suggestions! Thanks, I'm so glad you enjoy it!") It's AT LEAST equal to the 14$ bottles we would otherwise be getting. We find that a batch of wine lasts about a year, for us - 28-30 bottles per batch. Worth the cost.

Which kits did you do that cost 4$ per bottle and that compares to store bought?

I tried a wide variety all over the price points (1-6$/per bottle) and have yet to find something that matches a GOOD 14$ bottle of wine. I found that while they have nice aroma and (ok) taste, they usually lack mouth feel (structure) and tannins. I can tell if I am drinking a kit wine.

I haven't looked back since going to real grapes. 3$ per bottle and mouth feel and tannins galore.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »

Which kits did you do that cost 4$ per bottle and that compares to store bought?

I tried a wide variety all over the price points (1-6$/per bottle) and have yet to find something that matches a GOOD 14$ bottle of wine. I found that while they have nice aroma and (ok) taste, they usually lack mouth feel (structure) and tannins. I can tell if I am drinking a kit wine.

I haven't looked back since going to real grapes. 3$ per bottle and mouth feel and tannins galore.

I don't remember, it's been a few months - but I'll make sure to write it down next time we go! :)

The problem with 'real grapes' in high-altitude Quebec is that, um, hahaha. Basically. There's a reason Quebec generally does excellent cider, beer, and mead, but doesn't tend to be well-known for decent wine. We do NOT have the climate for grapes.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »

I agree. Around here there are all kinds of fruit trees that get turned into delicious wine every year. Fantastic wine, actually. I wouldn't pay $3 a bottle for it, but it's worth the slightly less than $2 per. I'm probably getting spoiled though.

Guses

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2017, 11:49:44 AM »
I don't remember, it's been a few months - but I'll make sure to write it down next time we go! :)

The problem with 'real grapes' in high-altitude Quebec is that, um, hahaha. Basically. There's a reason Quebec generally does excellent cider, beer, and mead, but doesn't tend to be well-known for decent wine. We do NOT have the climate for grapes.

Expect this to change soon and I don't mean climate change.

I have vines growing in my backyard that are the product of deliberate research programs to palliate to the issues. They are specifically adapted to short growing seasons, very cold temperatures in winter and they make good wine. There are several vineyards in QC being planted with or producing wine from this vine and others like it. Look them up next time you go to the SAQ.

Aside from that, it's also possible to order grapes from other places that grow them.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2017, 12:13:08 PM »

Expect this to change soon and I don't mean climate change.

I have vines growing in my backyard that are the product of deliberate research programs to palliate to the issues. They are specifically adapted to short growing seasons, very cold temperatures in winter and they make good wine. There are several vineyards in QC being planted with or producing wine from this vine and others like it. Look them up next time you go to the SAQ.

Aside from that, it's also possible to order grapes from other places that grow them.

I will be happy when that's a viable and affordable broader production method. :)

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »

I remember getting a kit that had Mondavi grapes that turned out pretty good.  I don't remember the brand of kit though.

Some of what you're looking for can be adjusted for taste.  What you're probably looking for is an acid adjustment and some added tannins.  You can get an acid-test kit and some tannin additives for pretty cheap from a brew supply store.  I've tried fiddling with these in my fruit wines, but not my kit wines yet.  I can't claim to be an expert.

Although if you have a good source of grapes, you probably won't beat that.  I really need to find a good source myself.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2017, 10:55:25 PM »
If there was a thread that asked 'How much do you spend on dog food a month', I would ignore the thread as my answer is $0, as I don't own a dog. I find it odd that people who don't drink go out of their way to reply to threads that aren't related to them!

As another said, I think an answer of $0 is as valid as any other.

If this was a forum only for "people who drink alcohol" it would be super weird for folks to register, show up, and say they don't drink. But, as a financial forum, it's great when people pipe up with zeros in any category, including alcohol. In any category, a bunch of zeros can inspire a person to move to the same (if they want) or to reduce to a lower number than currently. Across the forum, we do the same with mortgages, rents, child care, internet, etc. A person may subsequently be inspired to slash in that category, to ask how a person released a craving or taste for a given item, to find out how people are enjoying the item but at much lower cost, etc.

I find zeros in any category inspiring, and among the most helpful.

That said, we're all absolutely entitled to our priorities, and if alcohol is a high one—or higher than whatever else—that's totally fair.

I drink on occasion, and spend an average of $3/mo on alcohol.

Guses

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2017, 07:15:51 AM »
I remember getting a kit that had Mondavi grapes that turned out pretty good.  I don't remember the brand of kit though.

Some of what you're looking for can be adjusted for taste.  What you're probably looking for is an acid adjustment and some added tannins.  You can get an acid-test kit and some tannin additives for pretty cheap from a brew supply store.  I've tried fiddling with these in my fruit wines, but not my kit wines yet.  I can't claim to be an expert.

Although if you have a good source of grapes, you probably won't beat that.  I really need to find a good source myself.

I've tried tannins (both fermentation and cellaring), acids, grape packs, adding crushed grapes, oak cubes, raisins, aging in barrels. Most of these improve the kits from "Meh" to "pretty good" but I can still tell I am dinking kit wine.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that kits don't go through malolactic fermentation? The vast majority of red wines go through it and it profoundly affects their organoleptic characteristics.

rachael talcott

• Bristles
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2017, 01:23:20 PM »

I've tried tannins (both fermentation and cellaring), acids, grape packs, adding crushed grapes, oak cubes, raisins, aging in barrels. Most of these improve the kits from "Meh" to "pretty good" but I can still tell I am dinking kit wine.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that kits don't go through malolactic fermentation? The vast majority of red wines go through it and it profoundly affects their organoleptic characteristics.

I think most reds are also fermented with the skins and seeds and then pressed, whereas kits are pressed before packaging.  You could do MLF on homemade wine, but there isn't really any way to ferment on the skins if you're not starting with whole grapes. 

FiguringItOut

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2017, 02:49:24 PM »
What's $19 divided by 24 months?  lol

I seem to average about 3-5 drinks per year for the last 2-3 years.  And it just so happens that I've only paid for one drink ($8) when out with friends and one bottle of wine ($11) in the last 2 years.

The rest have been corporate parties or some wine or something harder when visiting relatives.  My dad is always good for shots of something or other, I'd have have to ask.

Almost forgot, I also bought $30 bottle of cognac.  But I don't count that since it's been sitting unopened for over 2 years now.  I bought it when I parents were flying in for a visit and I got it for my dad.  But when they were over, he wasn't in the mood, so  we never opened the bottle.  And so it sits. 

Mr Chin Stubble

• Stubble
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
A lot of freakin money! (Serious)

I try to to limit it to 1 nite a week but if you go to clubs and the like the drinks are very expensive

headwinds

• Stubble
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2017, 10:40:13 PM »
My neighbor just gave me a six pack of Ballast Point Red Velvet for no reason. I haven't been buying alcohol but I am glad I didn't say no to free delicious beer :)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
Ha! I was going to say that we don't drink,  so nothing except some beer for guests at a couple of Taco Tuesday parties, but then I remembered that I make a lot of vanilla, so, say, six to eight bottles of Costco Vodka at $14 a pop. After that, I remembered that I bought and donated a three liter bottle of Seven Deadly Zins to a library fund raiser, which was another $50+tax. So the surprise answer is "Wow, more than I thought, lol". I'd have to guess about $20/month. It's in my grocery budget, because I don't track it separately. Gosh, that was an interesting exercise; who knew?

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »

That could be it.  My knowledge is a bit rusty, as I've been more focused on my toddler than quality wine-making the last few years.

I've also intentionally avoided learning too much about good wine.  I figure that if I can't tell the difference between a "wonderful" and "decent" wine, I'll save myself a ton of money over the long run :-)

My honest favorite of all times is home-crushed cherry wine.  It takes a ton of work to pit the cherries, but it's worth it in the end.

47%MMM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »
This questions is like when I go to a physical and the doctor asks "how many drinks per week do you have". No way am I going to answer this honestly...

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2017, 06:03:00 PM »
This questions is like when I go to a physical and the doctor asks "how many drinks per week do you have". No way am I going to answer this honestly...
Could be a guessing game...  "More than Donald Trump, but less than Edgar Allen Poe."

BussoV6

• Bristles
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2017, 08:05:44 AM »

I always answer truthfully. Very few doctors ask how large my wineglass is.

monstermonster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »
I put graphs of how many drinks I have on the internet every month. That help keeps me accountable. E.G.

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »

I naively did answer this honestly the first time.  I mean, it is the doctor, he should have all the facts, right?

Now I just lie. 

damnedbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »
Don't make me do math when I'm drunk.

MM_MG

• Stubble
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »
I put graphs of how many drinks I have on the internet every month. That help keeps me accountable. E.G.

Is this an app? 

brooklynmoney

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
On my way to Sonoma for work and play. It's going to be hard to resist the siren call of the wine club. Do not want to think about how much I spend on wine.

monstermonster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »

Is this an app?
No, it's my own reports I design & put out every month.

h82goslw

• Stubble
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:36 AM »

I naively did answer this honestly the first time.  I mean, it is the doctor, he should have all the facts, right?

Now I just lie.

I feel SO MUCH BETTER knowing I'm not the only one that does this.