Author Topic: Help us create a minimalist small-space home office  (Read 7530 times)

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
Help us create a minimalist small-space home office
« on: June 21, 2018, 09:36:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

My partner is quitting his job soon to be fully self employed and work from home, and I'm trying to come up with a good setup for a home office for him. Our apartment is quite small, but I think we should be able to get some sort of desk in, which he really needs. Does anyone have any ideas for how to fit some sort of home office into our apartment?

Here's the floorplan:

And here are some pictures showing our current setup:

The bed is built in and cannot be moved. We're pretty open to replacing any of the current furniture with better alternatives. The TV cannot be mounted on that wall because of what's behind the wall (I don't remember what, but we looked into it once and there was some problem). We're really interested in figuring out some type of desk for him.

Ideas?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Help us create a minimalist small-space home office
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
I've seen swingout mounts for desks on the bottom of murphy beds. Not sure if you could add something like that?

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »
Looks very cool, but we can't make modifications to the built-in bed - we don't own it. He also prefers a desktop computer to a laptop, so needs a bit more space and stability.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
Looks very cool, but we can't make modifications to the built-in bed - we don't own it. He also prefers a desktop computer to a laptop, so needs a bit more space and stability.

Dang, that's a shame! Can you go more vertical with your storage overall? It seems you have several low shelves and shorter book cases. Could you put up some higher shelves, or are there restrictions on mounting to the walls?

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »

Dang, that's a shame! Can you go more vertical with your storage overall? It seems you have several low shelves and shorter book cases. Could you put up some higher shelves, or are there restrictions on mounting to the walls?

With that one wall behind everything there, we can't mount stuff for some reason. I remember that we looked into it at some point because we wanted to put our TV there, and there was some reason we couldn't - and I'm not technical-minded enough to remember what it was. For the most part, storage isn't much of an issue because we don't own a lot. I could also pop stuff on top of the Murphy bed if we were to get rid of any of our current furniture.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »
Maybe @pbkmaine could weigh in. She's has great floor plan ideas =)

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 10:26:09 PM »
I've had home offices in that size space several times. Here's what worked for me, and might work for you guys:

1. Go vertical in that current storage wall like B-J said, but also not wall-mounted for the reason you noted. Instead, get a deep, stable, sturdy, full-height shelving system from Costco (or wherever), everything goes up from there, make one of the middle deep shelves the desk, feet landing on bottom shelf or floor. If he prefers a specific keyboard height, he can put in a simple sliding keyboard tray -its mount attaches to the underside of a middle shelf, rolls in and out as desired.

OR,

2. Replace dining table with big, table-style desk. Use that for work and eating. Can add slide-under keyboard tray to that, too, if it doesn't come with one. This works better with a laptop, because who wants drinks near a computer? Not me, man.

OR,

3. Put conventional desk where dining table is, pop out folding table in room's center for meals.

OR,

4. Put conventional desk where he's sitting now, move the other stuff into stackable storage crates from Staples (each facing upward or outward).

rdaneel0

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 10:33:35 PM »
I also live in a tiny space. I think it may be helpful to replace multiple pieces of inefficient furniture with one large piece with more storage. I'd get rid of the shelf (not much storage) and the tiny computer table you have now. Is the small other piece of furniture with baskets on the bottom your main food prep space? If not I'd get rid of that too.

In its place I would put a desk with plenty of storage space, maybe something that utilizes vertical storage? This is the style I'm thinking of, with drawers on the bottom and shelving above:

https://www.birchlane.com/furniture/hd0/pinellas-computer-desk-with-hutch-l32-k~bcmh2053.html?refid=GX182316682504-BCMH2053&device=c&ptid=375454256616&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblEDolL_dsVc-cbTNGglCiRf8zd-S5NNEmUXlKwKcB2iTM3qBQhaQIhoCREoQAvD_BwE&sku=BCMH2053

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »
I also live in a tiny space. I think it may be helpful to replace multiple pieces of inefficient furniture with one large piece with more storage. I'd get rid of the shelf (not much storage) and the tiny computer table you have now. Is the small other piece of furniture with baskets on the bottom your main food prep space? If not I'd get rid of that too.

In its place I would put a desk with plenty of storage space, maybe something that utilizes vertical storage? This is the style I'm thinking of, with drawers on the bottom and shelving above:

https://www.birchlane.com/furniture/hd0/pinellas-computer-desk-with-hutch-l32-k~bcmh2053.html?refid=GX182316682504-BCMH2053&device=c&ptid=375454256616&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblEDolL_dsVc-cbTNGglCiRf8zd-S5NNEmUXlKwKcB2iTM3qBQhaQIhoCREoQAvD_BwE&sku=BCMH2053

The small piece with baskets is my computer desk - I suppose it's not obvious since my laptop is shut in the picture. We definitely both need computer space, though we're pretty open to what form that might take.

If we got rid of the bigger shelf, where do you see us setting up our tv and game consoles? We can't mount the TV on that wall, or we would.

I would be REALLY interested in some sort of one piece thing that had room for his desktop, my laptop, and maybe also our tv and video game consoles?  Does anything like that exist?

Also, that wall is about eight feet long for reference.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
I've had home offices in that size space several times. Here's what worked for me, and might work for you guys:

1. Go vertical in that current storage wall like B-J said, but also not wall-mounted for the reason you noted. Instead, get a deep, stable, sturdy, full-height shelving system from Costco (or wherever), everything goes up from there, make one of the middle deep shelves the desk, feet landing on bottom shelf or floor. If he prefers a specific keyboard height, he can put in a simple sliding keyboard tray -its mount attaches to the underside of a middle shelf, rolls in and out as desired.

OR,

2. Replace dining table with big, table-style desk. Use that for work and eating. Can add slide-under keyboard tray to that, too, if it doesn't come with one. This works better with a laptop, because who wants drinks near a computer? Not me, man.

OR,

3. Put conventional desk where dining table is, pop out folding table in room's center for meals.

OR,

4. Put conventional desk where he's sitting now, move the other stuff into stackable storage crates from Staples (each facing upward or outward).

The Costco vertical setup sounds intriguing, though I'm having a bit of trouble picturing it.

I don't see us doing anything funny with our dining table situation because mealtimes are pretty sacred around here.

rdaneel0

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 10:48:50 PM »
Ah, I see. That is tricky. I thought your laptop was a cutting board! It's not super pretty, but maybe something like this would work? There's space for two computers and then you could put the tv and consoles on the shelving.

https://www.rdm-ind.com/x-bench-computer.htm

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 11:14:47 PM »
The Costco vertical setup sounds intriguing, though I'm having a bit of trouble picturing it.

I used something like this one: https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/H-3346/Industrial-Shelving/Bulk-Storage-Rack-Particle-Board-72-x-36-x-72?pricode=YF432&gadtype=pla&id=H-3346&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvIHR_L_m2wIVh8JkCh3HDQymEAQYAyABEgKeMPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

and then I attached one of these under a shelf: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi9TkpMDm2wIVA_5kCh0KXwVyEAQYAiABEgJLdfD_BwE&is=REG&pcur=CAD&sku=1225841

So (earthquake risk notwithstanding), it's deep and stable enough to be standalone, deep enough for a computer, lots of leg room, general storage can go on the top shelf (up to the ceiling), middle is set at desk height, bottom can be empty space or a shelf -whichever a person prefers for feet.

My other desk was the biggest one here (ditto re adding dropdown keyboard tray): https://www.uline.ca/BL_3989/Laminate-Folding-Tables

I just found both setups ridiculously comfy, versatile, moveable, etc. Got all my biggest career projects done in one of the above arrangements (or on the floor, which is my other preference, even with a desktop computer).

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »
And how about having a longer dining table? His computer stuff could stand on the far side of the table. You with your laptop can be flexible and put it up anywhere on the table and remove it when you will eat.

If you go for the offices near the wall, you could consider to replace your dining table with one that can be folded down.
Like this one https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70290223/ . Or maybe your current dining table is already like this?

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
Help us create a minimalist small-space home office
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 02:34:19 AM »
There are some very good ideas already posted. If it were me, I think I would make that entire blank wall free standing adjustable shelves, like Ikea Ivar

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/11704/

and the entire window wall a desk or table.

PhilB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 04:35:01 AM »
I don't know how handy you are with DIY, but I'd be looking to build a tall, free-standing shelving unit up that wall with a couple of fold down desks.  This gives you a kind of idea:
https://www.decoist.com/fold-down-desks/two-fold-down-desks-for-two-children/

MissMoneyBags

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 04:54:51 AM »
I'd get a really long desk to fill the whole space where your current desks are. I'd probably use a kitchen countertop as they're less deep than a normal desk, and come in long lengths. Add legs and some shelving or drawers underneath to keep clutter and printers tidy. Ikea is great for that sort of thing.

If your boyfriend wants a desktop computer, could you look into using his monitor for watching tv and playing games?

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30:24 AM »
I see you have two closets. Are they both full? I currently have my office in a closet. The desk is a nice piece of plywood supported by a filing cabinet and a ledge made with a pine board. For vertical storage I have wall mounted utility shelves like these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Knape-Vogt-8-in-x-24-in-White-Standards-and-Brackets-Decorative-Shelf-Kit-0095-KITW/204674230

The best part of this setup is closing the door at the end of the day.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:29 AM »
I'd replace that card table with a long, narrow table (might take two identical ones) that goes across the whole window. (IKEA has several possibilities.) Wheelie carts that fit underneath. Table functions as both office and eating space. Keep that one small table for the tv, but get rid of everything else that is currently on the "desk wall".

hudsoncat

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:52 AM »
You mentioned a desktop computer, when thinking about your set up, can you use the TV for the computer screen? That allows you to have one less screen to accommodate. We have a mac mini hooked to our TV, we did that mainly to have a media center way back before Apple TVs/Roku/Firestick/etc we were really a thing, but it was also our only computer for a lot of years before being gifted a laptop (and it was our DVD player and combined with the TV our stereo). Wireless keyboard and mouse were easy to store when the computer part was not in use. Occasionally inconvenient when one of us wanted to watch something and the other needed the computer, but not ever inconvenient enough to make us change anything until the gift laptop 5 years after we first hooked up the mini.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
You mentioned a desktop computer, when thinking about your set up, can you use the TV for the computer screen? That allows you to have one less screen to accommodate. We have a mac mini hooked to our TV, we did that mainly to have a media center way back before Apple TVs/Roku/Firestick/etc we were really a thing, but it was also our only computer for a lot of years before being gifted a laptop (and it was our DVD player and combined with the TV our stereo). Wireless keyboard and mouse were easy to store when the computer part was not in use. Occasionally inconvenient when one of us wanted to watch something and the other needed the computer, but not ever inconvenient enough to make us change anything until the gift laptop 5 years after we first hooked up the mini.

I think this is a great idea. We also only have one screen that we use for TV/game console as well as PC screen. Considering how close your boyfriend's computer and the TV are, I assume you probably don't use both the computer and the TV at the same time.

You could put up something like a 4x4 Ikea Expedit where you have the shelves now, and attach the Expedit desk to it ( like this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/48/f2/3f/48f23f5735e00378863f7e92bf314fe4.jpg  ) . The desk is probably big enough for the both of you to use it at the same time, sitting opposite each other. When you want to use the TV, you can simply put away your laptop and watch a movie on his screen from the sitting area or the bed.

I really <3 my Expedits. They can be found very cheaply in thrift stores and the cubes are great for storage bins, but you can leave some cubes empty if you don't have that much stuff. I prefer an Expedit with a few storage bins  and a few open cubes over a completely closed off storage space.

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
When I work at home, I work at our IKEA dining room table on a Surface laptop, to which I attach a full-sized keyboard.  I can pack it all up and slide it next to the printer on the shelf unit behind me when work is done for the day (keyboard goes back in its box on the shelf).

Does your partner NEED a desktop or does he just "prefer" one?  I would prefer a lot of things, but space is at a premium here.  I mean, he could just keep working the way it is, but you're obviously interested in changing what you already have.  Is he interested or is he fine the way things are?

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »
I'm REALLY liking some of those fancy shelving systems (IVAR) -  I will definitely check those out as an option.

To answer some of the questions:

We do tend to use the computers and television at the same time, simply because there are two of us and we're generally not doing the same thing.

I would not want electronics of any kind near where we eat, because he's pretty clumsy and it would not go well.

His desktop computer is an absolute necessity for health/ergonomic reasons. We're not looking to buy any new electronics, just furniture.

The current setup is working okay for now since it's only part time, but he really needs (and wants) a proper desk for when he goes full-time self employed.

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 02:32:03 PM »
I think that he needs to consider what he means by "a proper desk."  Make a list of priorities and work from there.

For some people, a proper desk means a space that is completely dedicated 100% of the time to work, where the work (computer, printer, and any related papers or books) will remain always and never need to be "put away." 
For others, it means room to spread out during the work time, which can be put away when work time is over. 
Some people want to be able to close up their desk so they don't have to look at it when work time is over (eg, using an armoire or closet is fine).
Some people want to be able to look out the window as they work.
Some people want a bigger screen for their work.
Some people want an ergonomic keyboard.

He needs to decide what his work priorities are and work from there.  Form follows function.

I suggest doing a pinterest or google image search with the terms "home office" "home desk office" "work from home desk" and similar search terms to get some ideas.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 02:43:52 PM »
I think that he needs to consider what he means by "a proper desk."  Make a list of priorities and work from there.

For some people, a proper desk means a space that is completely dedicated 100% of the time to work, where the work (computer, printer, and any related papers or books) will remain always and never need to be "put away." 
For others, it means room to spread out during the work time, which can be put away when work time is over. 
Some people want to be able to close up their desk so they don't have to look at it when work time is over (eg, using an armoire or closet is fine).
Some people want to be able to look out the window as they work.
Some people want a bigger screen for their work.
Some people want an ergonomic keyboard.

He needs to decide what his work priorities are and work from there.  Form follows function.

I suggest doing a pinterest or google image search with the terms "home office" "home desk office" "work from home desk" and similar search terms to get some ideas.

All good things to consider. Because he has a desktop computer which he also uses outside of work, we don't want a system where things need to be moved around or put away. We're planning to get him an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, which take up more space, but otherwise no changes to the electronics situation. His work doesn't involve any sort of paperwork or anything that takes up additional space - just his computer and e-reader (which he holds).

It would be better to stay away from the windows because of the way sunlight hits/reflects off of things (we're in the downtown core of a major city surrounded by glass towers), but he could also keep the blinds down if a desk-near-window setup made more sense.

lbmustache

• Pencil Stache

big_slacker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »
I work from home and have an entire room office. Probably 90% of the time I just wander around the house and patio with my laptop.

PhilB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 06:20:07 AM »

Bucksandreds

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 06:54:26 AM »
This is going to sound like I’m stuck up but it’s more of a compliment for your ability to live simply.  I would do anything, including work more, to have more living space than that.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
This is going to sound like I’m stuck up but it’s more of a compliment for your ability to live simply.  I would do anything, including work more, to have more living space than that.

I have mixed feelings - if it was someplace I loved, and the kitchen was okay, I'd be okay with it - but (and this is a weakness, I admit) I'd have to have very, very carefully chosen things in that space. It would certainly be a test of relationship both live AND work in that space.

calimom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
I would at least give thought and investigate options at a shared office space arrangement like www.wework/vancouver

If the business is doing well, it should easily be able to absorb the monthly cost. I found I was more productive when I moved my small business away from my home. And a place like Wework offers networking opportunities, etc.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »

This is actually our ideal - we've lived in three apartments together and they were 250, 600, and 400 square feet (in that order). The 600 was waaaaay too big, but it was what was available in our co-op, so we took it, and waited for an opportunity to downsize. We're currently deciding what we want to do for our long term living situation, and it will likely involve a tiny house or cabin similar to what we have now.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
Zikoris, during my forum break this came up and I wanted to remember to send it to you (re: another thread you had). Now I do!

https://www.westerlynews.ca/news/bylaw-makes-room-for-tiny-homes-in-tofino/   This is a very big deal. With T doing this, hopefully other areas will follow suit and we'll all have solid options one day soonish.

Mon€yp€nny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 11:32:28 AM »
Maybe build a desk over the bed (a used door with legs?) You can put your feet under the desk when you use the bed. Your computer goes on one side, his on the other and you set the TV between the two computers, facing the bed, so you can watch TV in bed. Some simple storage in the middle of the 'office side' hides the back of the TV and gives you room to store work related items. Maybe just some boxes covered with fabrics or something from good will that looks nice. Or put a nice big air purifying plant there in a good will planter.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
Maybe build a desk over the bed (a used door with legs?) You can put your feet under the desk when you use the bed. Your computer goes on one side, his on the other and you set the TV between the two computers, facing the bed, so you can watch TV in bed. Some simple storage in the middle of the 'office side' hides the back of the TV and gives you room to store work related items. Maybe just some boxes covered with fabrics or something from good will that looks nice. Or put a nice big air purifying plant there in a good will planter.

Any chance you could draw a picture/diagram?

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 12:07:32 PM »
Maybe build a desk over the bed (a used door with legs?) You can put your feet under the desk when you use the bed.

Love!!!!!!

And put the legs on casters so you can easily adjust where the desk is sitting in relation to bodies, and roll the desk over and away from when you want access to the whole bed (changing sheets, kicking your legs in the air during sleep, really really fun sex, whatever).

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
This would be on the pricey side, but the Container Store sells a freestanding shelving unit that you can customize with a desktop, shelves, and drawers. You might be able to buy the vertical supports and then make your own shelves.  Something like this:

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
Maybe build a desk over the bed (a used door with legs?) You can put your feet under the desk when you use the bed.

Love!!!!!!

And put the legs on casters so you can easily adjust where the desk is sitting in relation to bodies, and roll the desk over and away from when you want access to the whole bed (changing sheets, kicking your legs in the air during sleep, really really fun sex, whatever).

Or put the TV on it, and roll it away when you sleep. 

Do you usually leave the bed down, or pack it away when you're not using it?

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2018, 01:46:37 PM »

Love!!!!!!

Or put the TV on it, and roll it away when you sleep. 

Do you usually leave the bed down, or pack it away when you're not using it?

We keep the bed down all the time unless I'm vacuuming - boyfriend likes to nap a lot, and has trouble getting the bed up and down on his own (the blankets have to be done a certain way, and it's a little tricky to fit at the top).

swampwiz

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
How about a triangular desk in the corner?

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »

Any chance you could draw a picture/diagram?

Perhaps something like this over the bed to hold the TV (ignore the TV in the image):
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:51:05 PM by Zette »

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
Or this if you have room at the end of the bed:

Mon€yp€nny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
Oh, it gets even better with wheels under the legs, good idea.
IKEA sells legs and wheels but any DIY store should be able to help you there. I thought of a door cause it's a nice big size for two workstations and the TV. But you could also buy wood (simple MDF or pinewood) and have it cut to the size you want in the store.
Do check the weight the legs and wheels are designed for and I would connect the legs for extra sturdiness. Maybe with the off cuts from the table top. That all depends on the width of your bed and the width of standard pine sheets were you live.

Easier options
IKEA stornas (the large one) looks more sturdy but it's more expensive.
Any sturdy table that fitts over your bed would do (maybe an old ugly oak from Craigslist that you paint black to match you dining area and screw sturdy wheels under? Or maybe go to lighter wood as a big black table will make the room look smaller?)

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
With the light, is it better for the desk to face the window or the wall?  If the window is better, you could do a long table for the computers, then something like this against the wall for eating:

Zette

• Stubble
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »
Or something like this, roll out the table, roll your office chairs over to the table, possibly one person sits on the bed.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
Update: We solved our problem without spending any money. I figured out a way to extend his existing desk by adding a shelf from our Murphy bed, and give him a filing cabinet and some shelf space as well by using existing pieces. And he should have room for an ergonomic keyboard now.

I suppose it's somewhat anti-climactic.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2018, 07:06:47 PM »
Semi-serious question: how does he get anything done with a monitor that small? I'd go nuts.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »
Semi-serious question: how does he get anything done with a monitor that small? I'd go nuts.

Isn't that just a normal size monitor? We didn't go in looking for a small one, that was just what the store had on sale, so we bought it.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »
Perhaps something like this over the bed to hold the TV (ignore the TV in the image):

WHAT?!?!?!?! That exists?!?!??!??!?!!?? So awesome.

I live and work in bed (which in my case is most often the floor). I would do this 100%.