Author Topic: Going from spending $60 on a video game to investing $500 in Vanguard  (Read 1074 times)

maglomanic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Well, I was already to pre-order Link's Awakening for the Nintendo Switch that's coming out. Then I accidentally invested $500 in Vanguard.
Sometimes I'll go see how well Vanguard is doing to feel slightly less guilty about buying things, which I'm aware is a bad habit lol. But if it's doing badly for the month it's easier to talk myself out of things. So it's been doing well this month! Then I realized I had enough in my bank account to just put more in. By then my husband talked me out of the game by saying I could just buy it when it comes out since they don't have any perk for pre-ordering anyway. It felt like a win anyway. I probably will end up getting it eventually. Or maybe one of my friends will be awesome and not buy a digital copy so I can just borrow it from them.

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Going from spending $60 on a video game to investing $500 in Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
Check your local library. Ours has switch games (and others). They have a short checkout window but you can renew them a bunch. Maybe not so good for new releases, but for something older, like Rayman, we kept it a month plus it took my son and I to play through most of it (we didn't play much per day).

maglomanic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Going from spending $60 on a video game to investing $500 in Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:37 PM »
I haven't been to our library in a while, they might have updated. Last I was there the newest they had was wii games. It could have changed by now though.