Author Topic: Get an email with my upcoming credit card bill amount?  (Read 4803 times)

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Get an email with my upcoming credit card bill amount?
« on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
This seems like a dumb question, but I've seriously been looking for the last hour and come up empty.

I want an email that says, "Your next credit card bill due in 30 days will be $75," ideally when the statement closes (30 days in advance.)

Mint only sends you a reminder on their schedule (I think 48 hrs advance).
Chase only sends you "your bill is due in 10 days" without the amount.

Anyone know how?

Lobo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Get an email with my upcoming credit card bill amount?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:49:48 PM »
Bank of America sends me an E-mail every month at the end of every spending cycle telling me what my bill will be about a month in advance. - Cash Rewards credit card.

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 11:16:38 PM »
Thanks. This is for Chase.

Lobo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
You can always switch cards - just a thought.

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
In order to earn about 300K miles, I have about six chase cards. About four are active. So switching isn't worth it at this time. Thanks though!

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 09:43:52 AM »
I realise this doesn't answer your actual question, but...I've set the due date on all my CC to the same date.  You can pick any day of the month although it may take a month or two for them all to re-set.  At least then you can go in once a month and check all your accounts at once.  If all your CC accounts are Chase even easier.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »
They should have a way to send that sensitive information securely, really dumb not to.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »
You can set up Mint to send emails like that for a connected account.  Sometimes the info is a little off (in the example below it says that I have it set to autopay the minimum, not the statement balance that I actually have it set to), but the numbers are all there.

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »
@ketchup - can you modify when that email comes? I get that email, but I want it 30 days, not 48hrs. I couldn't find a way to modify, just an ON/OFF whether it sends or not.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
@ketchup - can you modify when that email comes? I get that email, but I want it 30 days, not 48hrs. I couldn't find a way to modify, just an ON/OFF whether it sends or not.
Doesn't look like you can unfortunately.  And it came a week ahead, not 48 hours.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »
I'm not sure there's a way to get it to send you the dollar amount in the e-mail. You can set it up to e-mail you when the statement is ready (paperless statements) and you can set it up to e-mail you any number of days in advance (default is 10, but you can change it) as a reminder. But either way you need to log in to see the amount.

I really hate that Mint changed their billing, it's totally useless to me now. I always had it set up to remind me to pay my rent the day before it was due (I try to always pay 1 day early, so if I forget to drop it off that day, it's not actually late). Now it comes a week in advance and I've forgotten all about the reminder by the time I actually have to drop it off.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 06:07:00 PM »
I'm not even sure it's possible to get it 30 days in advance because you have to wait for the billing period to close don't you?

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »
Statement is complete then. Maybe 28 days. I just want 30 days to budget it in my account properly.

undercover

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »
The closest thing you're ever going to get is the email saying your statement is ready with the amount due on your due date. I really don't understand how having a perfect 30 days in advance notice makes any difference. That's not possible and will never happen. The closing date and due date does not change, but the amount of days in between those dates definitely do.

If your income is erratic, the best way to deal with this is to build a buffer and "live on last month's income". Ideally you shouldn't be spending money you don't have so due dates should be irrelevant.

isaakthepirate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Fair enough. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
Set up auto pay to pay the minimum amount due on the due date. That way, if you pay more than the minimum in advance, it won't be paid again, but if you forget to pay, it will at least pay the minimum and avoid late fees.