Author Topic: Financing A Car That's 340% of Gross Salary  (Read 24687 times)

TheFixer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Getting smarter, 1 facepunch at a time
Re: Financing A Car That's 340% of Gross Salary
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:05 AM »
4. it can't be a mean car (look at a car from head on, imagine it's a face, does it seem to be frowning? If in doubt, ask a small child)

I'm so glad you wrote this. I have a similar view of cars. I often say to my husband that certain cars look "angry" or "aggressive" to me. This usually corresponds to the height and size of a vehicle. Extra large trucks in particular seem to say this to my psyche.

And I know I'm a jerk for saying this, but there are certain cars that, if I see them on the road, I think the probability of the person behind the wheel being a douche is extremely high.

Do you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?...

Vertical Mode

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »
4. it can't be a mean car (look at a car from head on, imagine it's a face, does it seem to be frowning? If in doubt, ask a small child)

I'm so glad you wrote this. I have a similar view of cars. I often say to my husband that certain cars look "angry" or "aggressive" to me. This usually corresponds to the height and size of a vehicle. Extra large trucks in particular seem to say this to my psyche.

And I know I'm a jerk for saying this, but there are certain cars that, if I see them on the road, I think the probability of the person behind the wheel being a douche is extremely high.

I think they style them that way on purpose, actually. Look at the Infiniti FX35/45, it looks predatory, like a shark. ;-)

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:36 AM »

Instead, I figure I'll stick with classic american muscle, late 60s; buy something in fairly shitty condition, and learn cars by restoring it for the next couple years.

That is going to be the most expensive learning you will ever do. Also, have you ever driven a 60's muscle car? They are horrible. Some sound good and accelerate  fairly fast but ride horrible and do not stop or turn. Source, blue collar family who loves muscle cars.

They're not even that fast. A new Camry is faster than a lot of muscle cars, at least the early ones.

But they look good, sound amazing, and are fun to drive, partly because they're so ill behaved.

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »

Instead, I figure I'll stick with classic american muscle, late 60s; buy something in fairly shitty condition, and learn cars by restoring it for the next couple years.

That is going to be the most expensive learning you will ever do. Also, have you ever driven a 60's muscle car? They are horrible. Some sound good and accelerate  fairly fast but ride horrible and do not stop or turn. Source, blue collar family who loves muscle cars.

They're not even that fast. A new Camry is faster than a lot of muscle cars, at least the early ones.

But they look good, sound amazing, and are fun to drive, partly because they're so ill behaved.
Not entirely true, unless you're counting a 6-cylinder Camaro as a muscle car. Much of the fun is in how squirrely they are and also in how simple it is to work on. I've had several old cars and the older you go, the more open, simple, and inviting the engine bay.

None of these options really fit that well with the message on the blog, though. A self-admitted gearhead, I doubt you'll find MMM in anything like these cars.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »
Not entirely true, unless you're counting a 6-cylinder Camaro as a muscle car. Much of the fun is in how squirrely they are and also in how simple it is to work on. I've had several old cars and the older you go, the more open, simple, and inviting the engine bay.

A 2015 V6 Camry runs 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, and a 14.8 in the quarter at 97mph.

That's faster than a lot of the muscle cars from the 60s ran from the factory.  The Camry won't try to kill you in the process, though.

bzzzt

• Bristles
  • 5v to Lightning Bolts...
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 11:00:08 AM »

None of these options really fit that well with the message on the blog, though. A self-admitted gearhead, I doubt you'll find MMM in anything like these cars.

Possible NSFW due to stripper comments, girls are dressed more conservatively than Facebook ads though

Dodge Charger Daytona vs. Honda Odyssey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8

As much as I always thought I liked muscle/classic cars, I decided I never want to own one after a friend restored multiple GTOs and owns some other classics. Kind of like the ladies mentioned in the video, they're nice to look at, but I have no desire to take one home.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 11:02:17 AM »
Not entirely true, unless you're counting a 6-cylinder Camaro as a muscle car.

In the '70s, the fastest (stock) muscle cars could do a quarter-mile in the 14-second range. A new V6 Camry can also do a quarter-mile in the mid-14s.

You underestimate just how little power a lot of those old big-ass V8s had (and how heavy the cars were, for that matter!).

I don't know about that... it seems to me that owning a "classic" car (that has a decent chance of appreciating instead of depreciating) that you don't drive much (making MPG less of a factor) and which you can repair yourself is pretty mustachian.

I think the main reason MMM doesn't do that himself is that he doesn't have much experience fixing cars.

bzzzt

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
I don't know about that... it seems to me that owning a "classic" car (that has a decent chance of appreciating instead of depreciating) that you don't drive much (making MPG less of a factor) and which you can repair yourself is pretty mustachian.

Most don't appreciate. If they do, the maintenance/repairs probably ate up that and more. Case in point, my neighbor has spent over $1000 re-sealing the '78 Corvette he bought so it doesn't leak quarts of oil on the ground. That's on top of it needing a radiator, heater core, weather stripping/seals, paint, and interior work if he really wanted it to be "pristine".

Chances of a smog motor, automatic trans car appreciating that much? Highly doubtful.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »
Did he have a shop do the resealing?  It shouldn't be more than maybe $150 in seals to totally replace every single rubber seal on a typical engine.

supomglol

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
I regularly surf the Tesla Model S "Build your own" option website.  I just can't bear to spend as much on a car as a house, even though I REALLY REALLY want one.  I think I could almost justify $75,000 of enjoyment from it (plus its a business expense!), but I never place the order. 
My strength may fail me depending on the eventual Model 3 announcement, I've never purchased a new car before but that would likely be the only exception.

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »

Most don't appreciate. If they do, the maintenance/repairs probably ate up that and more. Case in point, my neighbor has spent over $1000 re-sealing the '78 Corvette he bought so it doesn't leak quarts of oil on the ground. That's on top of it needing a radiator, heater core, weather stripping/seals, paint, and interior work if he really wanted it to be "pristine".

Chances of a smog motor, automatic trans car appreciating that much? Highly doubtful.

I've got an old muscle car, I can vouch for it being quite un-Mustachian. It has appreciated mostly because I saved it from a salvage yard and built it up at home, but if I'd invested that money 11 years ago instead it'd have done FAR better and also wouldn't have taken hundreds of hours of work.

For fun here's a 69 camaro keeping up with a Ferrari and passing some fools at a real track: https://youtu.be/hHnejG533eo?t=17m24s obviously not stock.

As  early as 1962 you could buy a Catalina from a Pontiac dealer that did mid 12s in the quarter. Admittedly, the thing was possibly the least practical vehicle ever sold from conventional dealerships and it was more of a luxury car than a "muscle car." Your average muscle car with the mid-range engine averaged somewhere in the 15s, with the fastest cars barely hitting 11s depending on how you count a Yenko Camaro that came complete with slicks. Seriously, slicks, from the dealer.

A plain old Mustang GT today comes off the showroom floor running 12s in street tires. Ridiculous. A GT 10 years ago was somewhere in the 14s. Modern cars are absurdly overpowered. That a 12 second car was pretty much a dedicated race car in the 60s tells you all you need to know about our American car-buying habits today. Well, that and all the 1-ton pickups with pristine beds you'll find parked downtown around here.

Valhalla

• Bristles
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2015, 12:49:52 PM »
I'll be going on a super car run next month with some friends.  Ferrari's, Lambo's, McLaren's, etc... and more "run of the mill" cars like Corvettes, GTR's, etc.

I've drive a lot of these cars, had opportunity to own them. Even though I love them, I'm not impressed enough to buy any of them.  It's like lusting over that really really hot girl, but once you're at a level where you can acquire that hot girl, you realize the cost / pain is just not worth it.

I've been very lucky to have some friends who over-spend on cars, it has taught me a valuable lesson on not to do that, unless I am crazy rich.

bzzzt

• Bristles
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »
...Even though I love them, I'm not impressed enough to buy any of them.  It's like lusting over that really really hot girl, but once you're at a level where you can acquire that hot girl, you realize the cost / pain is just not worth it.

I've been very lucky to have some friends who over-spend on cars, it has taught me a valuable lesson on not to do that, unless I am crazy rich.

Agreed, except I never even got to the level where I could acquire them. Haha.

Between driving and instructing, I've been in some sweet cars on track. The funniest part about it is the people that usually own the super cars don't push them to 6/10ths of their capability because they're either worried about hurting/wrecking them or they just want to say that they've had their Ferrari/Lambo/etc on track. I'm sure most leave out the fact that they got passed by a Mustang/Camaro/Mini Cooper/Miata.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
The same thing is true at motorcycle track days.  Not one rider in 100 can actually ride their motorcycle to it's limits.

Which means that if you see a 60 year old on a Ninja 250, they're likely worth watching, because chances are good that they're a former race rider, and can ride the 250 at 11/10ths the entire way around the track.  It's a thing of beauty to watch, and they'll outrun things with 5x the power handily.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 03:23:18 PM »
...Even though I love them, I'm not impressed enough to buy any of them.  It's like lusting over that really really hot girl, but once you're at a level where you can acquire that hot girl, you realize the cost / pain is just not worth it.

Agreed, except I never even got to the level where I could acquire them. Haha.

Between driving and instructing, I've been in some sweet cars on track. The funniest part about it is the people that usually own the super cars don't push them to 6/10ths of their capability because they're either worried about hurting/wrecking them or they just want to say that they've had their Ferrari/Lambo/etc on track. I'm sure most leave out the fact that they got passed by a Mustang/Camaro/Mini Cooper/Miata.

Hehe, I had a 2004 Forester XT a few years ago. Had a basic tune on it and was otherwise stock (stock suspension, all season tires, etc).  I took it to an autocross with a good friend (who's racing skills are a thing of magic) and he beat every WRX (all on performance summer tires) and some of the STi's as well.

With a stock Forester.

It was pretty awesome.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
It is much cheaper to just buy a bigger penis than buy a car to make up for the penis issue.

http://menshealth.about.com/cs/penishealth/a/penis_enlarge_2.htm

$4K to $5K for a normal model and up to $17K for those with discerning tastes.

There is your face punch!

Hmm, it might be worth it if the ladies no longer found me so easy to resist.

Nah... I'd still have my worse than average looks and horrible personality to scare them off. 

libertarian4321

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2015, 01:53:56 AM »
Racing cars for a while made me appreciate small, underpowered daily drivers. Having a fast car on the street is pretty useless unless you like getting tickets.

Exactly.

Why the HELL would anyone buy a 600 HP car?

Just because you can buy an expensive, gas guzzling car that will do 150, doesn't mean you should.

I won't even start in on how idiotic it would be to spend money YOU DON'T HAVE on such a ridiculous toy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:57:19 AM by libertarian4321 »

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:21 AM »
That's my car, literally - just in red instead.  2010 Mazda3 Sport hatchback.

Then the 2010ish Mazda 3 (ribbed for having a "smiley" face) would be perfect for you!

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »

Because you can't drive well enough to fling a Miata around a track at speed, so need raw horsepower to be able to pass said Miata on the front straight before it crushes you in the twisty bits, again?

Dexterous

• Stubble
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
For those who like the power, just get a motorcycle.  You can get a motorcycle for ~$5,000 that will beat $100,000+ cars rather easily.  Oh, and the same motorcycle can probably get you over 50mpg extremely easily.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2015, 06:35:34 AM »
Racing cars for a while made me appreciate small, underpowered daily drivers. Having a fast car on the street is pretty useless unless you like getting tickets.

This, for sure.  I appreciate cars that handle well, but power I'm completely disinterested in these days.  I've got a ~300 hp (at the wheels on a Mustang dyno) AWD car that it's a rare day indeed that I get to even 33% throttle opening.  If I start off easy in first, shift into second, and roll into the throttle I end up hitting the speed limit before my foot hits the floor.  It's absolutely ridiculous for street use (and I got bored with going to tracks and seeing the same scenery over and over again).  My 130 hp sports car is more appropriate and fun.  I only keep the AWD car now because it's not worth any money and it's a good car to beat around in when we have bad weather.

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2015, 12:39:37 PM »

Exactly.

Just because you can buy an expensive, gas guzzling car that will do 150, doesn't mean you should.

I won't even start in on how idiotic it would be to spend money YOU DON'T HAVE on such a ridiculous toy.
A lot of it has to do with power and projection. A lot of it (in the tuning scene) has to do with the pursuit of perfection and the full realization of potential. Taking the 2.0 ecoboost in a Focus and making it make 450 sustainable horsepower, and then upgrading the chassis to the point that such power is controllable and safe, is a considerable craft.

Also, even within the confines of 65mph, what I can do with my car is pretty cool.

frugledoc

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
When I am financially independent and carry on working I will probably buy myself something like this. 

I think rich people do have a slight duty to consume for the benefit of "the economy"

I owned a Nissan 350Z a couple of years ago before baby came along but it was a 2005 model and only cost me £5000.  It was a beautiful thing, felt sad when I saw the happy guy that bought it back it out of my driveway!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:34:29 PM by frugledoc »

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2015, 03:07:15 PM »
Beautiful car. I live in a small college town and there are 3 or 4 of them here. All owned by international students. I knew they were expensive, but I didn't' realize they cost that much! Wow! I'll stick with my 25 year old Miata; I'm sure it's almost as fun driving around town anyway.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »
Everyone knows that Miatas are the fun little car. Small, tons of power for the size, great steering, handling, control. Ain't nobody ashamed of their miata!

Turnbull

• Stubble
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2015, 09:15:56 PM »
Another happy Miata owner chiming in here. It's the most raced car in the world, and the sports car magazine writers who drive exotics for a living love owning the Miata. It's simple, fun, and reliable and the consumables are cheap.

I've owned a Z and an S2000 and I like the Miata better than both of them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:37:12 PM by Turnbull »

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2015, 10:01:32 AM »
I think rich people do have a slight duty to consume for the benefit of "the economy"

I'd rather they just choose to redistribute (donate to charity, reduce prices, or some other manner) rather than "consume".

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »

In that our current economy is so badly broken that "going badly into debt to buy things you don't need to impress people you don't care about" is a significant driver of the remaining fragments that exist, sure.

But I'd rather fix the way we run our civilization...

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:23 PM »

Exactly.

Because it's fun. Pfft.

Some people don't understand that.  Granted, mine wasn't 340% of my salary (paid cash almost seven years ago) and it's not 600hp (closer to 400), but the point remains. Angry judgmentalism towards those with differing hobbies isn't cool.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:58:12 PM by JLee »

Colgate_Toothpaste

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2015, 07:25:17 AM »
I will tell you from experience- You will regret that decision if you go through with it

I built a car that was 1200hp and drove it to work a few times.  Not only are you subject to theft and vandalism, every little scratch and ding will kill you inside.  I lost more than $65,000 and 5 years of time in my little "it's ok, I can always sell it later on" project due to vandalism/sabotage.  That's not to say it is guaranteed to happen to you, but the threat is VERY real.  Even a scratch can cost you $2k.

It will only hurt you in the end unless it is a garage queen, and then what's the fun in that?  If you plan to DD it, good...  luck...  It will degrade in value faster than you can possibly imagine.

The only way I got over my HP addiction was through a motorcycle.  I spent $13k on a brand new Speed Triple R ABS that can easily run 10's in the 1/4.  It gets 45mpg average and I commute 50% of the time with it.  Between the loan and full coverage on insurance (including maintenance, flats, etc) I am at $260/mo.  Since I stopped going out to lunch at work, I save $350/mo, and the gas savings on the bike vs my car 50/50 split is about $40/mo.  I ride one of the absolute fastest bikes you can buy (on the street), and figured out how to still save $130/mo by changing around my habits.   It will be paid off by next year.  NOT A SINGLE REGRET.

I won't return to the expensive car world.  Ever.  It's just not worth it.  For the number of miles I drove my car vs the cost, it was close to $60/mile. 

The point of this is- please think it through.  I really screwed myself over by taking a similar path to what you are proposing. 

***NOTE:  I just read that OP was doing some light trolling.  I'm leaving my post here anyways in case someone else stumbles on it so they can avoid my mistake***
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:39:39 AM by Colgate_Toothpaste »

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2015, 08:12:44 AM »
Funny. :) I lost all interest in fast cars after getting a motorcycle as well. It was when some guy in an 80s Camero tried to race me (on a 1979 CX500 - not exactly a fast motorcycle) and we were dead even that I realized just how much difference there is between cars and motorcycles.

Then I got a decently fast motorcycle and it takes a supercar to touch an $8k bike.

Colgate_Toothpaste

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »

Then I got a decently fast motorcycle and it takes a supercar to touch an $8k bike.

Exactly! 

That, and the supercar isn't getting 50mpg.

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

Exactly! 

I can't imagine a time when someone owning a 'Supercar' cared about gas mileage....

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »

<.<

Neither does my motorcycle.

Colgate_Toothpaste

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »

<.<

Neither does my motorcycle.

What bike?  I'm on a 1050 triple and it gets about 45mpg average.  My SV650 used to get closer to 55mpg. 

I can't imagine a time when someone owning a 'Supercar' cared about gas mileage....

Haha, I knew that would come up.  True, but then again it is nice to be faster than a supercar and get 10x the fuel economy.  The only area where a supercar would win is in the twisties.  I'm no Valentino Rossi. 

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
The only area where a supercar would win is in the twisties.  I'm no Valentino Rossi.

I'm just going to leave this here:

On balance, I personally prefer to have a relatively-slow car that handles really well than a fast motorcycle that... doesn't.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
What bike?  I'm on a 1050 triple and it gets about 45mpg average.  My SV650 used to get closer to 55mpg. 

Buell 1125R.  About 33-35mpg commuting 70% highway/30% surface streets, better on long tours.

On balance, I personally prefer to have a relatively-slow car that handles really well than a fast motorcycle that... doesn't.

Fast motorcycles typically handle incredibly well.  But the laws of physics still apply.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
I will tell you from experience- You will regret that decision if you go through with it

I built a car that was 1200hp and drove it to work a few times.  Not only are you subject to theft and vandalism, every little scratch and ding will kill you inside.  I lost more than $65,000 and 5 years of time in my little "it's ok, I can always sell it later on" project due to vandalism/sabotage.  That's not to say it is guaranteed to happen to you, but the threat is VERY real.  Even a scratch can cost you $2k.

It will only hurt you in the end unless it is a garage queen, and then what's the fun in that?  If you plan to DD it, good...  luck...  It will degrade in value faster than you can possibly imagine.

The only way I got over my HP addiction was through a motorcycle.  I spent $13k on a brand new Speed Triple R ABS that can easily run 10's in the 1/4.  It gets 45mpg average and I commute 50% of the time with it.  Between the loan and full coverage on insurance (including maintenance, flats, etc) I am at $260/mo.  Since I stopped going out to lunch at work, I save $350/mo, and the gas savings on the bike vs my car 50/50 split is about $40/mo.  I ride one of the absolute fastest bikes you can buy (on the street), and figured out how to still save $130/mo by changing around my habits.   It will be paid off by next year.  NOT A SINGLE REGRET.

I won't return to the expensive car world.  Ever.  It's just not worth it.  For the number of miles I drove my car vs the cost, it was close to $60/mile. 

The point of this is- please think it through.  I really screwed myself over by taking a similar path to what you are proposing. 

***NOTE:  I just read that OP was doing some light trolling.  I'm leaving my post here anyways in case someone else stumbles on it so they can avoid my mistake***

This is good food for thought. I was semi trolling. I did have the urge for all of 10 seconds until my brain kicked in again.

I am a motorcyclist as well. I sold my GSXR-750 two years ago and purchased a Yamaha RSTD 1300. Speed was fun, but pinning it at WOT in 3rd gear and getting up to 130mph in seconds was not safe. I really enjoy motorcycle touring, long overnight trips all over the northeastern USA and the appalachians down to Georgia puts a big grin on my face.

I spend a good amount of time in my car, and I really do want a fun to drive car that won't delay FIRE significantly. I might snag a Miata if the right deal shows up in front of me. 

Colgate_Toothpaste

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »
The only area where a supercar would win is in the twisties.  I'm no Valentino Rossi.

I'm just going to leave this here:

My father went through there in his Corvette.  I'm just a few hours away and have been tempted to try it on my bike, but sanity kicks in and tells me "no."

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
I'm just a few hours away and have been tempted to try it on my bike, but sanity kicks in and tells me "no."

Ride it during the week, and don't try to race it.  Treat it as a nice, fun, scenic, twisty road, not your own personal race track.

And don't go on the weekends.  It's squidland then.

Colgate_Toothpaste

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2015, 12:17:03 PM »
I'm just a few hours away and have been tempted to try it on my bike, but sanity kicks in and tells me "no."

Ride it during the week, and don't try to race it.  Treat it as a nice, fun, scenic, twisty road, not your own personal race track.

And don't go on the weekends.  It's squidland then.

Maybe someday when I have more experience...

frompa

• Bristles
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »
This thread makes me very glad that I don't like cars.  Seeing how much others respond to cars' "faces" and personalities makes me appreciate that I am vehicle autistic - I don't get any it. Though the early penis comments made me lol. Heh heh.

Vorpal

• Stubble
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »
I hope you guys know I wasn't being serious.

This was a deliberate exaggeration. Though I have test driven some cars in the past that temporarily made me want to abandon my mustachian ways.

A true mustachian car enthusiast that really wanted one would buy a lightly used GT-R a few years old ( they don't tend to accumulate many miles) for $60k or so. They would pay cash, and their 'stache would be so huge that they would never even notice the missing cash.