Author Topic: Everest Wealth Management Threatens MMM Blog with Legal Action  (Read 40396 times)

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Everest Wealth Management Threatens MMM Blog with Legal Action
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
FYI; this thread is the first listed on google when searching "Everest Wealth Management donkey balls"

jordanread

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
Probably because we keep saying donkey balls. But with the correct emphasis on the donkey in donkey balls. But honestly, is that because they are donkey balls, or is it because we keep on saying donkey balls? I don't know...

Donkey balls

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2017, 11:39:07 PM »
I just re-read every post in this thread about Everest Wealth Management, their shady and dishonest business practices, their illegitimate legal threats trying to squash honest review of their company, their unsanctioned and poorly executed astroturfing of internet forums, and their alleged association with donkey balls.

That was 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back, and I don't even want them.  Totally worth every second spent reliving the entire experience.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2017, 07:11:09 AM »
I mentioned this on another thread.

I think we should support Everest Wealth Management.  If everyone on MMM googled something that relates to Everest Wealth Management, then clicks on their link they will be hit with adclick costs, we will be educated, and they would blow their marketing budget and maybe their legal budget on educating MMM users vs. the sheep that they want.

I think you are seriously underestimating how big a budget firms like this have allocated for advertising and legal expenses...

Is it possible they have a big budget for advertising and legal expenses, because their fees are excessively high?

Did the author of Long Term Returns stop his blog because of the threat, I don't find them
on a Google search.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2017, 07:34:32 AM »
Just searched "Everest Wealth Management" in Google. 90% of the results on page 1 have to do with legal actions involving the company.

L0l

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM »
Long Term Returns possibly stopped due to this. There was also conjecture that his employer learned of his blogging and pressured a stop. Man that feels like such a long time ago.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
Everest Wealth Management
So this is a company that seems to have a policy of policing the Internet and attempting to take down content that they feel is damaging to them. Rather than trying to post a response with their side of the story, the company decided to ask me - with threat of legal action -to delete the whole thing.

I'll leave it up to you if this is the type of company you would like to have managing your wealth.

Well said MMM.

ditheca

• Bristles
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
MMM isn't the second result anymore... this is:

"The Maryland Attorney General's office ruled this week that Philip Rousseaux and and his company Everest Investment Advisors should be barred from doing business in Maryland for alleged fraud and widespread securities violations."

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2017/03/30/money-guys-vow-to-fight-md-attorney-generals.html

How about that guarantee now?

dude

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »
karma is a bitch

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
Probably because we keep saying donkey balls. But with the correct emphasis on the donkey in donkey balls. But honestly, is that because they are donkey balls, or is it because we keep on saying donkey balls? I don't know...

I was actually quite amused by the person who managed to mix "donkey balls" and "bang for your buck" into this thread.  I stand in awe of their verbal foul play!

Donkey balls

Clean Shaven

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2017, 11:07:12 AM »
I was searching the internet for donkey balls, and this thread popped up about Everest Wealth Management.

Do they have donkey balls over there?

jordanread

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
I was searching the internet for donkey balls [...]

Huh.

Clean Shaven

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
Don't judge me man.

So, back to Everest Wealth Management.  Can they help me get wealthy and rich by investing in donkey balls?  I hear that donkey balls are a growth investment with high dividend yield.  Not interested in value stocks or bonds, or spiders, or ETFs, just donkey balls.

Do search engine crawlers really pick up on all these terms?  Guess Everest Wealth Management will find out.

jordanread

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Don't judge me man.

So, back to Everest Wealth Management.  Can they help me get wealthy and rich by investing in donkey balls?  I hear that donkey balls are a growth investment with high dividend yield.  Not interested in value stocks or bonds, or spiders, or ETFs, just donkey balls.

Do search engine crawlers really pick up on all these terms?  Guess Everest Wealth Management will find out.

Hey, I wasn't judging (out loud)!! Everest Wealth Management already found out if it works. :)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »
Hello, I am the owner of Donkey Balls Wealth Management.  I ask that you immediately cease referring to my company in the same context as less reputable companies like Everest.

jordanread

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Hello, I am the owner of Donkey Balls Wealth Management.  I ask that you immediately cease referring to my company in the same context as less reputable companies like Everest.

You should make that happen!!

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:59 PM »
Don't judge me man.

No worries, MMM is a completely judgment-free zone!

Except for that guy over there named "Clean Shaven" who spends his spare time looking up donkey testicles.

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2017, 04:44:50 PM »

Do you guarantee my Donkey Balls will grow 7% per year?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »

Do you guarantee my Donkey Balls will grow 7% per year?

We don't make grandiose promises like some other companies.  All donkey balls are unique, and we really need to inspect yours in person to come up with a management strategy tailored to your individual needs.  That being said, many of our clients are on the Forbes list of 500 largest equine testicles.

Spiffsome

• Stubble
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »
I have an existing portfolio of more diversified gonads and would like to get into the rising donkey testes market - does Donkey Balls Wealth Management have a managed product to meet my needs?

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
I have two donkey balls in my Everest Wealth Management account, the weighting is 60/40.
Is this normal?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
I was surprised to see this topic again. Thanks for the update!

GrumpyPenguin

• Bristles
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »
Will Everest Wealth Management let me invest in an index of donkey balls? I don't want to just invest in two donkey balls, that's way too much risk.

GrumpyPenguin

• Bristles
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Or.. Maybe I misunderstood.  Is there a fixed donkey ball annuity offered by Everest Wealth Management?

Livingthedream55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »
Does Everest Wealth Management offer an indexed donkey ball fund?

By the River

• Bristles
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
Or.. Maybe I misunderstood.  Is there a fixed donkey ball annuity offered by Everest Wealth Management?

Isn’t fixed and balls contradictory when discussing donkeys?   Once we fixed our dog, he no longer had balls.  (Of course, there are neuticles for non-mustachian pet owners).

GrumpyPenguin

• Bristles
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2017, 05:25:51 AM »

Isn’t fixed and balls contradictory when discussing donkeys?   Once we fixed our dog, he no longer had balls.  (Of course, there are neuticles for non-mustachian pet owners).

Hmm, good point. Unless the Everest Wealth Management's fixed donkey balls annuity pays out the fixed.... umm I think I'll stop there.

PizzaSteve

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2017, 10:43:53 AM »
I think this company is done after the April Maryland district court judge upheld the states ban on operations.  Maybe we should let the thread die.

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2017, 11:54:48 AM »
I was searching the internet for donkey balls, and this thread popped up about Everest Wealth Management.

Is it odd that this post/poster made me think "clean shaven donkey balls"?

Clean Shaven

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #179 on: July 09, 2017, 01:45:52 PM »

Is it odd that this post/poster made me think "clean shaven donkey balls"?
Not judging you here either....

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
The website http://everestwm.com/   is still up.  I note the "news" section stops in 2015.

The top banner shows an add for "TrustPilot Reviews".   Not a pilot I'd trust.

The "Women of Everest" banner includes one woman more physically suited for a T-shirt or other similar add.
Eye candy works, sad to say.    Reminds me of safety posters in a plant in another country, where each had a postage stamp size pic of a pretty, young woman with an arm strategically placed and nothing else on.  I still remember those posters 17 years later.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:31:54 PM by markbike528CBX »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!