Author Topic: Epic FU money stories  (Read 644609 times)

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
Re: Epic FU money stories
« Reply #1100 on: May 27, 2016, 07:35:44 AM »
a complete negative micromanagement ass biscuit

I'm saving this to share the next time my friend complains about her boss.
Want to buy some truly random art? https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaptiveChaos

h82goslw

• Stubble
« Reply #1101 on: May 28, 2016, 05:23:25 AM »
a complete negative micromanagement ass biscuit

I'm saving this to share the next time my friend complains about her boss.

I'm saving this so I can use the phrase
"Complete negative micromanagement ass biscuit"  some day in conversation.  😄

coacheichenlaub

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Prosperous Teachers - Helping Busy Teachers Get Ahead
« Reply #1102 on: May 28, 2016, 07:34:56 PM »
Holy cow, this is fantastic.
A teacher trying to get ahead and help others do the same.

everinprogress

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1103 on: May 30, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »
I love this thread :)
I don't have a great story, but definitely want to make sure we have enough FU money on hand that we could, should the need arise

EcoCanuck

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1104 on: June 02, 2016, 03:42:52 AM »
My story is an in-progress story.

Currently I'm working for a job that I really like and have a good team but we have a 'supervisory' manager from another company that has the most combative and rude management style that I have ever experienced. I can't say that every day is an epic FU Money Story what I do have is the confidence that if I were fired I would be fine and my wife is a-ok with us making a dramatic change at any moment.

My entire team is constantly berated and told we are doing things wrong and the smalllllest little thing becomes an hour to two hour long tirade on why everything we do is always wrong. *note* 95% of the time everything is completely unfounded. Within my first 6 months I was threatened to be fired over 30 times - I stopped counting. After the third or fourth threatening I said, 'Yes, by all means. After you do that we can go out and have a few drinks. However this this and this is wrong and I'm very busy." He attempted a few more times to try and scare me in to place before realizing that I had no fear. Now, while he still threatens to fire he's also decided that he likes me and is trying to get me promoted within my own company or brought over to his company.

Having enough money to comfortably walk away at any time has just turned the constant idiocy in to a laughing matter. Unfortunately my coworkers are not in the same position so they feel much more stress and anxiety. While this manager does make days longer and harder to get my work done I'm able to speak my mind and do my damn job all because of epic FU money and the confidence that it has brought.

EcoCanuck

simmias

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1105 on: June 02, 2016, 06:07:01 AM »
My entire team is constantly berated and told we are doing things wrong and the smalllllest little thing becomes an hour to two hour long tirade on why everything we do is always wrong.
Tabs vs. spaces?

zolotiyeruki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1106 on: June 02, 2016, 07:33:13 AM »
My entire team is constantly berated and told we are doing things wrong and the smalllllest little thing becomes an hour to two hour long tirade on why everything we do is always wrong. *note* 95% of the time everything is completely unfounded. Within my first 6 months I was threatened to be fired over 30 times - I stopped counting. After the third or fourth threatening I said, 'Yes, by all means. After you do that we can go out and have a few drinks. However this this and this is wrong and I'm very busy." He attempted a few more times to try and scare me in to place before realizing that I had no fear. Now, while he still threatens to fire he's also decided that he likes me and is trying to get me promoted within my own company or brought over to his company.
The word "bully" comes to mind--as soon as you stood your ground, things turned around.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #1107 on: June 02, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
My entire team is constantly berated and told we are doing things wrong and the smalllllest little thing becomes an hour to two hour long tirade on why everything we do is always wrong.
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

(You must be a software developer to understand this one)

zolotiyeruki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1108 on: June 02, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

(SW dev here) Are you kidding me!?  Tabs are *way* better than spaces! :)

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1109 on: June 02, 2016, 08:09:32 AM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Or just seen the most recent episode of Silicon Valley. :-p

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #1110 on: June 02, 2016, 08:57:20 AM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

(SW dev here) Are you kidding me!?  Tabs are *way* better than spaces! :)

I prefer a pre-checkin formatting script, but we never got around to it at my last company...we were spending too much time debating the proper amount of spacing around operators, when to camel case, and other such important stuff.  That's OK, though, because we only spent about 100 engineer-years on the project and then had it canceled, only to be replaced by another project with essentially the same specs, except the main controller was replaced by another part "produced" by a company we bought.  Which was OK except the owner of the company was friends with management at my company - they went to college together or something.  And that the part wasn't done yet.  So last I heard they were off developing a simulation environment because there was no hardware.  I really don't know anymore...I left in February.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon

Arktinkerer

• Bristles
« Reply #1111 on: June 02, 2016, 03:02:56 PM »

I prefer a pre-checkin formatting script, but we never got around to it at my last company...we were spending too much time debating the proper amount of spacing around operators, when to camel case, and other such important stuff.  That's OK, though, because we only spent about 100 engineer-years on the project and then had it canceled, only to be replaced by another project with essentially the same specs, except the main controller was replaced by another part "produced" by a company we bought.  Which was OK except the owner of the company was friends with management at my company - they went to college together or something.  And that the part wasn't done yet.  So last I heard they were off developing a simulation environment because there was no hardware.  I really don't know anymore...I left in February.

Set up something like GNU Indent with a check out and check in settings.  Check out code and get it the way you want.  Check in and it goes back to the "standard" with no problems.  Takes about an hour to setup and everyone is happy...unless they are looking over your shoulder.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1112 on: June 02, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
^ Yup.  My general point is that the organization I was in preferred to debate and argue more than solve the problem and move on with life.  TBH, I probably contributed to that culture myself at times.  Anyway, no longer my problem since 2/19/16.

rantk81

• Stubble
« Reply #1113 on: June 02, 2016, 06:53:34 PM »
^ Yup.  My general point is that the organization I was in preferred to debate and argue more than solve the problem and move on with life.  TBH, I probably contributed to that culture myself at times.  Anyway, no longer my problem since 2/19/16.

I think it's possible I am working for that very same company ;)

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1114 on: June 02, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »

I think it's possible I am working for that very same company ;)

You, me, and Dilbert.  It's a pandemic I think.  There was a book I started reading once the thesis of which was that all business organizations are inherently messed up simply as a result of their objectives.  Not sure I totally agree, but I can see how it is easier for most places to be yucky.

If you PM me where you work, I'll confirm or deny ;-)

Zamboni

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1115 on: June 03, 2016, 05:43:50 AM »

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1116 on: June 03, 2016, 07:10:58 AM »
Between April of last year until about two months ago, I was extremely frustrated at work and looking for another job (which would require moving where I live). If I had been offered any of the jobs for which I applied, I would have accepted it with no hesitation.

Unfortunately, after months of a frustrating job search, usually driving at least two hours each way to interviews/tests and taking vacation time to do so, I decided that I would no longer actively look for another job. I also decided not to move from where I current live and leave my current job, before accepting another position. As you did, I decided to allow my Stash to continue to grow instead of possibly using it to cover expenses while looking for a job.

Coming to these decisions has made a huge difference. I have not fully returned to my pre-April 2015 state of being extremely happy with my situation - but I am nonetheless happy, regardless of what my managers have or have not done, are or are not doing, and will or will not do.

I do what I need to do to maintain a healthy state of mind - such as freely speak my mind or flatly refuse to do certain tasks. The worst-case scenario, as far as I can tell, would be my current employer firing me (or laying me off, or whatever you choose to call it), with a contract-required notice of two months. As that's a fairly attractive option from my point of view, if that happens, I'd simply say something like "Great. Thank you.", leave the office, tell my landlord I'm exercising the clause in my lease that allows me to cancel it with two months' notice, and start looking for a new job and a new place to live.

I actually joke with colleagues that happy jlajr can be just as annoying as frustrated jlajr, and that I suspect that they have started putting happy pills in my lunch. :)

Well, freely speaking my mind and flatly refusing to do certain tasks has, in fact, resulted in my employer terminating my employment.

When I decided that I would no longer actively look for another job and realized that my employer terminating my employment would be a fairly attractive option from my point of view, I kind of forgot to think about what I would do after my employer terminated my employment. I guess I should do that now.

With two months notice, I'll have some time to do just that.

(Don't say, Wow, two months notice? That's amazing., just yet. The other side of the coin is that if I had resigned, I would have been required to give my employer two months notice as well.)

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1117 on: June 03, 2016, 07:15:18 AM »
Between April of last year until about two months ago, I was extremely frustrated at work and looking for another job (which would require moving where I live). If I had been offered any of the jobs for which I applied, I would have accepted it with no hesitation.

Unfortunately, after months of a frustrating job search, usually driving at least two hours each way to interviews/tests and taking vacation time to do so, I decided that I would no longer actively look for another job. I also decided not to move from where I current live and leave my current job, before accepting another position. As you did, I decided to allow my Stash to continue to grow instead of possibly using it to cover expenses while looking for a job.

Coming to these decisions has made a huge difference. I have not fully returned to my pre-April 2015 state of being extremely happy with my situation - but I am nonetheless happy, regardless of what my managers have or have not done, are or are not doing, and will or will not do.

I do what I need to do to maintain a healthy state of mind - such as freely speak my mind or flatly refuse to do certain tasks. The worst-case scenario, as far as I can tell, would be my current employer firing me (or laying me off, or whatever you choose to call it), with a contract-required notice of two months. As that's a fairly attractive option from my point of view, if that happens, I'd simply say something like "Great. Thank you.", leave the office, tell my landlord I'm exercising the clause in my lease that allows me to cancel it with two months' notice, and start looking for a new job and a new place to live.

I actually joke with colleagues that happy jlajr can be just as annoying as frustrated jlajr, and that I suspect that they have started putting happy pills in my lunch. :)

Well, freely speaking my mind and flatly refusing to do certain tasks has, in fact, resulted in my employer terminating my employment.

When I decided that I would no longer actively look for another job and realized that my employer terminating my employment would be a fairly attractive option from my point of view, I kind of forgot to think about what I would do after my employer terminated my employment. I guess I should do that now.

With two months notice, I'll have some time to do just that.

(Don't say, Wow, two months notice? That's amazing., just yet. The other side of the coin is that if I had resigned, I would have been required to give my employer two months notice as well.)

Well, congrats, I think?  Am I misremembering, or are you and your wife expecting a kid?

msilenus

• Bristles
« Reply #1118 on: June 03, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
I prefer a pre-checkin formatting script...

You clearly reject a reality that is clear to others around you, and yet either lack the courage of your convictions to engage them in open debate, or else know you will lose on the merits. 

Which is to say that you sound like a tabs-man.

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1119 on: June 03, 2016, 08:39:57 PM »
I prefer a pre-checkin formatting script...

You clearly reject a reality that is clear to others around you, and yet either lack the courage of your convictions to engage them in open debate, or else know you will lose on the merits. 

Which is to say that you sound like a tabs-man.

Wow.  False dichotomy, ad hominem, red herring, and prejudice.  You sound like you're trolling or forgot the /sarcasm tag.

If it matters to anyone, I don't care either way, I think it's a silly argument, and I think it's more productive to let people work the way they like and use technology to ease the interface with each other rather than have endless "religious" debates.

msilenus

• Bristles
« Reply #1120 on: June 03, 2016, 08:57:54 PM »
I did not forget the sarcasm tag.  It's more like I failed at not needing it.

iluvzbeach

• Stubble
« Reply #1121 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
OMG, I am not even a coder (which probably means my two cents means nothing), but spaces drive me crazy. Tabs are the ONLY way to go when formatting.
Planning to be FIREd in 2020!

secondcor521

• Handlebar Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
« Reply #1122 on: June 03, 2016, 09:06:22 PM »

OK.  Well anyway, I forgot to say in my last post that I was more impressed and amused than offended.  Tx.

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1123 on: June 03, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
Well, congrats, I think?  Am I misremembering, or are you and your wife expecting a kid?

Thank you, onlykelsey. I do feel congrats are in order. :)

On the other hand, I'm not married, so it is not me and my wife expecting a child.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1124 on: June 04, 2016, 05:46:09 AM »

Thank you, onlykelsey. I do feel congrats are in order. :)

On the other hand, I'm not married, so it is not me and my wife expecting a child.

Nonetheless, congratulations to you, jlajr!  That's exciting news that you will be a father!  Regarding your comments on the job loss, I hope you keep a very positive outlook on it.  Sounds like you stuck to your principles, did not compromise your beliefs at your employer's demand, and now have the opportunity to find a suitable replacement job that is a better match for you personally -- somewhere where their practices align with your own and they recognize the value in having an employee who speaks up.

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1125 on: June 04, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »
Nonetheless, congratulations to you, jlajr!  That's exciting news that you will be a father!  Regarding your comments on the job loss, I hope you keep a very positive outlook on it.  Sounds like you stuck to your principles, did not compromise your beliefs at your employer's demand, and now have the opportunity to find a suitable replacement job that is a better match for you personally -- somewhere where their practices align with your own and they recognize the value in having an employee who speaks up.
Thank you, LeRainDrop.

Because I thought the team was managed well, and because I felt my salary was not as important to me as proper management, a little over two years ago:
  • I accepted a salary about 2/3 of what I had been earning.
  • I moved for the second time to work out of their office in the periphery of the country - which is a beautiful place to live and work but there are no other full-time, on-site jobs in my profession in the near vicinity, as far as I know.
So, yes, when they fired the manager who hired me and said it was for cost-cutting reasons - Hello, integrity gap! - and made other bone-headed decisions, yes, I was likely more sensitive than others, and more sensitive than I might have been if they were paying me my wider-Israeli-market worth.

Now having gone through similar situations at two successive companies, I'm fairly certain that my proper-management-is-more-important-than-money belief is out the window. Even if the team is managed well today, that could change at any time. What remains when that happens are the relationships with coworkers and how well the salary is achieving my other goals.

BTW I'm not married. It is not me and my wife expecting a child.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #1126 on: June 05, 2016, 12:52:35 AM »

Love it...
Give me one fine day of plain sailing weather and I can mess up anything.

MustacheMathTM

BTDretire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1127 on: June 05, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »
Nonetheless, congratulations to you, jlajr!  That's exciting news that you will be a father! 
BTW I'm not married. It is not me and my wife expecting a child.

I have a feeling there are forum members that know something you haven't found out yet.
Let us know if it's a boy or a girl!
                         :-)

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1128 on: June 05, 2016, 09:13:23 PM »
I have a feeling there are forum members that know something you haven't found out yet.

LOL

Racer X

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1129 on: June 06, 2016, 07:49:28 AM »
My story is an in-progress story.

Currently I'm working for a job that I really like and have a good team but we have a 'supervisory' manager from another company that has the most combative and rude management style that I have ever experienced. I can't say that every day is an epic FU Money Story what I do have is the confidence that if I were fired I would be fine and my wife is a-ok with us making a dramatic change at any moment.

Having enough money to comfortably walk away at any time has just turned the constant idiocy in to a laughing matter. Unfortunately my coworkers are not in the same position so they feel much more stress and anxiety. While this manager does make days longer and harder to get my work done I'm able to speak my mind and do my damn job all because of epic FU money and the confidence that it has brought.

EcoCanuck

Huh.  I wondered what had happened to my old boss...

Seriously - sounds just like someone for which I worked.  Came in with very little knowledge of the business, threatened lots of employees, and cleared house on those she didn't like.  I made it a practice to absolutely ignore her whenever possible.  The one time I was threatened, I think I just snorted and said something to the effect of, "Yeah, sure, good luck with that as your strategy."  The next thing I knew I was on the fast track for a promotion and most of my colleagues had been fired.  One guy had even been driven to a heart attack!  It was a very strange couple of years.   

Shane

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1130 on: June 06, 2016, 03:49:03 PM »

LOL

JLAIII?

SwordGuy

• Magnum Stache
    • Flipping Fayetteville
« Reply #1131 on: June 06, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »
Now having gone through similar situations at two successive companies, I'm fairly certain that my proper-management-is-more-important-than-money belief is out the window. Even if the team is managed well today, that could change at any time. What remains when that happens are the relationships with coworkers and how well the salary is achieving my other goals.

SwordGuy's Law of Management Ability:

"There are up to three layers of management above you that can impact your job on a daily basis.   Over a 5 year period of time, one of them is statistically certain to be horrible at their job."

SwordGuy's Pain Theory of Management:

When faced with a long term, ongoing problem, it's generally because those who cause the problem do not feel the pain of the situation.   The only way to fix the problem is to transfer the pain back to those who cause it.

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1132 on: June 06, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »
JLAIII?

:)

The thought has never occurred to me. Leonard - and not even as a tribute to an ancestor or relative? I don't think so.

jlajr

• Stubble
« Reply #1133 on: June 06, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »
SwordGuy's Law of Management Ability:

"There are up to three layers of management above you that can impact your job on a daily basis.   Over a 5 year period of time, one of them is statistically certain to be horrible at their job."

SwordGuy's Pain Theory of Management:

When faced with a long term, ongoing problem, it's generally because those who cause the problem do not feel the pain of the situation.   The only way to fix the problem is to transfer the pain back to those who cause it.

Amen on both accounts, SwordGuy.

I think I was trying to transfer the pain back to those who caused it, including the HR department. It's possible the HR department was simply waiting for someone to report I had done something wrong. Probably didn't help that one of the things I had done was report HR's failures to the division president and vice president.

I'm quite a piece of work, I tell ya.

dcamnc

• Bristles
« Reply #1134 on: June 07, 2016, 06:18:30 PM »
My sister worked at a drug store in high school. The manager pissed her off one day, and after telling him to F-off, she walked down the aisles and just scooped all kinds of items off the shelves, onto the floor, with her arms. Surprisingly, they didn't call the cops.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:20:06 PM by dcamnc »

Threshkin

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #1135 on: June 08, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »
My sister worked at a drug store in high school. The manager pissed her off one day, and after telling him to F-off, she walked down the aisles and just scooped all kinds of items off the shelves, onto the floor, with her arms. Surprisingly, they didn't call the cops.

That is vandalism.  They should have called the cops.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1136 on: June 08, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »

That's... not great. No real inconvenience to the manger, high risk of getting arrested for vandalism, and, best-case scenario, she just created a hell of a lot of work for other low-paid schlubs still stuck working with the manager.

vern

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1137 on: June 08, 2016, 04:05:08 PM »

I knew this sounded familiar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4e6-QtDRkI
"Of my fifty-seven years I have applied at least thirty to forgetting most of what I had learned or read, and since I succeeded in this I have acquired a certain ease and cheer which I should never again like to be without."  World Chess Champion Emanuel Lasker

dcamnc

• Bristles
« Reply #1138 on: June 08, 2016, 07:09:12 PM »
I'm sure she didn't care at the time. BTW, I am a cop (wasn't then though).

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #1139 on: June 09, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

You must know how to create Usenet newsgroups to understand this one.
FIRE'd on January 4, 2017

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1140 on: June 09, 2016, 01:54:33 PM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

Argh!

BTDretire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1141 on: June 10, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

I'll bet 1/2 the people on this group don't know what a Usenet newsgroup is.
I frequent several everyday, but I have read them long enough to see many that were
useful, are no longer as busy as they used to be. Still some to enjoy though.

And I don't know the tabs/spaces distinction!

JLee

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1142 on: June 10, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

I frequent several everyday, but I have read them long enough to see many that were

I didn't know they were still a thing!

Sibley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1143 on: June 10, 2016, 12:54:49 PM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

I didn't know they were still a thing!

If you're working in Word or similar, tabs. Because it looks more professional. If you're talking about programming - I neither know, nor care, and I really wish you'd post some funny FU stories instead.

Threshkin

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #1144 on: June 10, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »
Tabs vs. spaces?

Spaces, never tabs!

Tabs, never spaces!

Usenet!  Noobs

Anyone remember FidoNet?

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1145 on: June 10, 2016, 08:19:23 PM »
If you're working in Word or similar, tabs. Because it looks more professional. If you're talking about programming - I neither know, nor care, and I really wish you'd post some funny FU stories instead.

For the love of god, yes please to epic FU money stories.  Foamy tab spaces need not apply.

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1146 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:33 PM »
Anyone hear of the programming language whitespace?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_%28programming_language%29

Why can't we all just get along?

+1 for more stories.

radram

shelivesthedream

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2016, 01:26:19 AM »
Last night I dreamed I had an epic FU story. I dreamed I was running an art project at my old school with all the people I was at school with, which was a lot like one I am doing in real life. It was awful and they were all mean to me and eventually in a crowded room of them, I just yelled, "I QUIT!" and stormed out. They all laughed and said I'd be back but I just kept on walking and got on the bus and then for some reason took a train to Spain. That's where the director of the project (who I do actually really like) caught up with me and begged me to come back and I said "Not for a million pounds!" And he offered two million and I said OK. So I went back and did crafts with the school bullies for a week and got paid 2m. Then I woke up and the triumphant feeling when I yelled "I QUIT!" remained and I had to check in with myself that I had not in fact quit anything.

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1148 on: June 11, 2016, 07:02:03 AM »
Last night I dreamed I had an epic FU story. I dreamed I was running an art project at my old school with all the people I was at school with, which was a lot like one I am doing in real life. It was awful and they were all mean to me and eventually in a crowded room of them, I just yelled, "I QUIT!" and stormed out. They all laughed and said I'd be back but I just kept on walking and got on the bus and then for some reason took a train to Spain. That's where the director of the project (who I do actually really like) caught up with me and begged me to come back and I said "Not for a million pounds!" And he offered two million and I said OK. So I went back and did crafts with the school bullies for a week and got paid 2m. Then I woke up and the triumphant feeling when I yelled "I QUIT!" remained and I had to check in with myself that I had not in fact quit anything.

Based on your name, maybe you are having a hard time differentiating between real life and sleep.  Are you SURE you didn't quit yesterday?

Great story just the same. 

radram

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #1149 on: June 11, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »

Usenet!  Noobs

Anyone remember FidoNet?
[/quote]

FidoNet is where we told the Usenet Noobs to go back to.
FIRE'd on January 4, 2017