Author Topic: Covid vaccine rollout in the US - who do you know that is getting the vaccine?  (Read 229085 times)

dang1

• Pencil Stache
had my 2nd pfizer dose couple of days ago. just soreness around upper arm where shots were administered that went away after a day or so, no other side effects so far. essential worker. doses thru contra costa county california. online sign up to 1st dose about 2 weeks.

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
I live in CT and am eligible to get a vaccine but they are are no where to be found! I have been on the VAMS website for two weeks, 10 times a day, and there is not one appointment anywhere including 5 different hospitals in the area. Now my state is allowing 55 year olds to start getting the vaccine March 1st and I don't even think the first group of the most elderly has gotten the shots. I have made phone calls and they keep telling me that the shipments are delayed!

I have checked with the Visiting Nurse organization, the Senior Center and some other CT information place but I get the same story from everyone.

I have been told to check with Walgreens and CVS and neither are even doing it in my town as of yet.

A recorded message said that there were vaccines at three spots in CT but very far away places and like an hour or more drive to get there if they even have appointments.

Why is CT not getting shipments? A friend of mine in MI got both her shots already!

My FIL and MIL had no luck with VAMS but were able to get through using the hotline number 877-918-2224.  They were both vaccinated earlier this month in CT and are 80+.  Edited to add that they are in central CT and were able to get it at UConn Med Center and New Britain General Hospital.  I think there are more centrally located sites near Hartford, not sure where you are in CT.

New Britain is over an hour for me. No thanks to that. I will wait till it is in my area if it ever comes. Used that telephone number the other day and they verified that there is nothing in my area. I live in Western CT, close to the NY boarder.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the shoreline, either.  It seems mainly concentrated in the Hartford area, possibly due to logistics with shipping and storing it.  I would definitely be willing to drive an hour to get it, though.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
I live in CT and am eligible to get a vaccine but they are are no where to be found! I have been on the VAMS website for two weeks, 10 times a day, and there is not one appointment anywhere including 5 different hospitals in the area. Now my state is allowing 55 year olds to start getting the vaccine March 1st and I don't even think the first group of the most elderly has gotten the shots. I have made phone calls and they keep telling me that the shipments are delayed!

I have checked with the Visiting Nurse organization, the Senior Center and some other CT information place but I get the same story from everyone.

I have been told to check with Walgreens and CVS and neither are even doing it in my town as of yet.

A recorded message said that there were vaccines at three spots in CT but very far away places and like an hour or more drive to get there if they even have appointments.

Why is CT not getting shipments? A friend of mine in MI got both her shots already!

My FIL and MIL had no luck with VAMS but were able to get through using the hotline number 877-918-2224.  They were both vaccinated earlier this month in CT and are 80+.  Edited to add that they are in central CT and were able to get it at UConn Med Center and New Britain General Hospital.  I think there are more centrally located sites near Hartford, not sure where you are in CT.

New Britain is over an hour for me. No thanks to that. I will wait till it is in my area if it ever comes. Used that telephone number the other day and they verified that there is nothing in my area. I live in Western CT, close to the NY boarder.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the shoreline, either.  It seems mainly concentrated in the Hartford area, possibly due to logistics with shipping and storing it.  I would definitely be willing to drive an hour to get it, though.

We have waited this long, will just be patient and wait a while longer.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
A friend of mine is getting it tomorrow through some kind of pop-up clinic at his apartment building/complex. (I think it's some kind of public housing or senior housing so they're doing a special outreach.)

And this morning I was able to reserve appointments for two of my parents' best friends, medically vulnerable folks in their 70s, for this weekend... :-) Feeling really good about that. My mom was so worried about them because they really are extra vulnerable and didn't seem to be making much effort to get vaccinated. ("Oh, it's just so hard, we'll wait until it's easier to get one and it's not such a mad rush...") I told her to give them my e-mail and tell them I would do everything if they would send me their info. He needs to have eye surgery in a month or two, so they will be able to deal with that with much less worry now.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
A friend of mine is getting it tomorrow through some kind of pop-up clinic at his apartment building/complex. (I think it's some kind of public housing or senior housing so they're doing a special outreach.)

And this morning I was able to reserve appointments for two of my parents' best friends, medically vulnerable folks in their 70s, for this weekend... :-) Feeling really good about that. My mom was so worried about them because they really are extra vulnerable and didn't seem to be making much effort to get vaccinated. ("Oh, it's just so hard, we'll wait until it's easier to get one and it's not such a mad rush...") I told her to give them my e-mail and tell them I would do everything if they would send me their info. He needs to have eye surgery in a month or two, so they will be able to deal with that with much less worry now.

Great job @Dollar Slice!

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
@spartana - I think your post is okay. You didn’t take on the tone and insistence on repeating the issue like the other poster did. Plus, you tied it back to your own issue. Completely different, IMO.

Congrats on getting it scheduled. We really hope it goes well for you and that you don’t have any negative side effects. We need to keep you around these forums for many years to come.
Thanks. I did get the shot this morning and am reporting in to say I'm still alive ;-). Although covid-zombie Spartana might have been cool. No problems yet so hoping that continues. Will get my platelet levels tested again if I'm starting to get weird bruises to see if they have dropped further. I'm on a medical registry that tracks people with ITP and report any issues with the vaccine or with covid.

It's so weird that you mention ITP.  I had a fluke bout of this back in 2013 when my platelet count went down to 0 and I had no idea it was happening at first...thought I had a rash but it was actually my capillaries leaking under my skin.  Anyway, it's never recurred.  They never identified a cause, but I didn't realize that it might cause an interaction with the vaccine.  Is yours chronic?

trygeek

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I'm a younger person not really young  but not old enough to get a shot. But I just want to urge people if you have older people in your life parents neighbors etc. Ask them if they need help signing up for a shot. My father is over 80 and doesn't know much about the internet but I was able to get him an appt.  easily but he was waiting till someone called him.

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
@spartana - I think your post is okay. You didn’t take on the tone and insistence on repeating the issue like the other poster did. Plus, you tied it back to your own issue. Completely different, IMO.

Congrats on getting it scheduled. We really hope it goes well for you and that you don’t have any negative side effects. We need to keep you around these forums for many years to come.
Thanks. I did get the shot this morning and am reporting in to say I'm still alive ;-). Although covid-zombie Spartana might have been cool. No problems yet so hoping that continues. Will get my platelet levels tested again if I'm starting to get weird bruises to see if they have dropped further. I'm on a medical registry that tracks people with ITP and report any issues with the vaccine or with covid.

It's so weird that you mention ITP.  I had a fluke bout of this back in 2013 when my platelet count went down to 0 and I had no idea it was happening at first...thought I had a rash but it was actually my capillaries leaking under my skin.  Anyway, it's never recurred.  They never identified a cause, but I didn't realize that it might cause an interaction with the vaccine.  Is yours chronic?

It’s my understanding that there have been some cases of ITP following this vaccine as well as some others, but it’s not clear what, if any, the association is.

Abe

• Magnum Stache

It’s my understanding that there have been some cases of ITP following this vaccine as well as some others, but it’s not clear what, if any, the association is.

I'm sorry you had to worry about that on top of all the other covid craziness! If it makes you feel any better, here's what I could dig up from reviewing the trial data:

1. There was no increase in ITP events or other coagulopathy in any of the randomized trial data released to date. That is in the general population, and they would not be powered to find a difference for new occurrence of a low-event disease like ITP.
2. A registry of people with ITP who get vaccinated makes sense since the risk of relapse is probably higher than new-onset ITP in the general population. Good news is that a large French registry of people with ITP found no association between developing it and the influenza vaccine, nor an increased risk of relapse after vaccination. https://ashpublications.org/blood/article/134/Supplement_1/1086/426754/Risk-of-Immune-Thrombocytopenia-Induced-By
3. I don't think there is a mechanism to suggest that the covid vaccines would have an increased risk compared to others.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 08:54:24 PM by Abe »

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
Today a good friend of mine, in her 40s and no other conditions nor essential worker of any kind, got her first shot. Her 30-something boyfriend got an appt for next week. Also no other conditions or essential worker status. I guess Massachusetts has a very different set of rules than many other places? I'm happy for them and jealous, but also very curious...

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Today a good friend of mine, in her 40s and no other conditions nor essential worker of any kind, got her first shot. Her 30-something boyfriend got an appt for next week. Also no other conditions or essential worker status. I guess Massachusetts has a very different set of rules than many other places? I'm happy for them and jealous, but also very curious...

You can get it in Massachusetts if you are the caretaker to an elderly person... but maybe you don't need that much documentation and there have been reports of young people paying the elderly to be their "caregiver" to get a vaccine. :-/ Otherwise it's been very difficult to get a vaccine there as they don't have many options outside healthcare worker, elderly, and multiple comorbidities. Of course it's always possible they have medical issues you don't know about...

Spartana, my parents both have autoimmune diseases (my mom has like 47 of them and/or her doctors just gave up trying to diagnose her weird shit and go with "autoimmune") and neither had any trouble with their vaccines. I don't think the vast majority of autoimmune diseases would cause an issue with vaccines.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
Got my second dose Pfizer vaccine just minutes ago. Didn't hurt a bit.  Friends my age and older reported no side effects, seems to be the younger people that have more.

Update: I was a bit more tired than usual last night but it could have been from other things I did yesterday. This morning I just have a sore arm, which I wouldn't even notice except my toddler keeps slamming into it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:58:42 AM by Morning Glory »

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
My running friend volunteered for the J&J trail.  She was offered the Pfizer vaccine this week as a health care volunteer.  So this week she got unblinded from the study.  She has received the J&J vaccine.

Symptoms were sore arm, tired bit of a headache.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:01:39 AM by Fomerly known as something »

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
2nd shot Weds.  Age 39

1st shot was just sore arm fatigue night of.

After 2nd shot, Thursday morning had fever, chills, headache, body ache (hips especially), sore arm... all for 24 hrs... after that swollen armpit lymph node and sore arm.  Felt like complete shit for 24 hrs.

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
Mother in law got her 2nd shot last week. And we're completely done with school staff, the last few did theirs last week as well.

-W

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
My Mom, who is in mid-70s, just got her second Moderna shot.  No reaction to first shot except sore arm. Second shot inspired flu like severe body aches, headache, tiredness, and mild nausea for about 12 hours, starting about 10 hours after the shot.

Good news, means it is working.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
My Mom, who is in mid-70s, just got her second Moderna shot.  No reaction to first shot except sore arm. Second shot inspired flu like severe body aches, headache, tiredness, and mild nausea for about 12 hours, starting about 10 hours after the shot.

Good news, means it is working.

My mom, age 70, experienced the same. Maybe had some slightly longer lasting effects on the second shot, but sounded similar. She's very happy, and now all our parents are vaccinated, so so are we.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 01:51:15 PM by sui generis »

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Still alive 3 days later and no side effects. Sister (retired 50-something y.o.) just got hers as an on call first responder/ emergency services/ security person and my BF (late 40s) will get his this week for same reasons my sister is able to get hers earlier. Seems many places will start vaccinating the 16 - 65 group next week but maybe just those with certain medical conditions or qualified by their job.
28 days is when we can declare you zombie free :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
Colorado just implemented a new category, 1B.3, which is people over 60 and front-facing essential personnel in places like grocery stores and agriculture. Now my mom and MIL can get theirs starting March 5th. 

My dad (72) got his first shot on the 19th, and is scheduled for a second on March 18, I believe.  He got the Moderna shot and other than a sore arm for a day or two didn't have any side effects.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
@spartana I was concerned too since I have two auto-immune conditions.
I appears from the medical blogs/articles I read that the vaccine is rather safe especially since they are the new mRNA technology and not the type of shot that actually contains traces of the real virus. No dire warnings from Rheumatology doctors.
Still, when I went in for my shot they marked me as high risk probably because people with autoimmune disorders were not included in their first set of studies.

Expected Moderna but received Pfizer on Fri afternoon at one of the new mass vaccination sites. Didn't even feel the shot, I'm 72.
Two hours later upper arm hurt, extreme fatigue-slept 12 hours. Fever-chills during the night. Got up, felt like someone beat the hell out of me, achy everywhere, brain fog, puttered about, then rested a while in the afternoon, improved a bit.
Second night only a bit elevated temp - felt fine this morning - all good.

I registered weeks ago plus I tried via Publix Pharmacy, no luck. Finally they sent me a text and an e-mail invitation - very easy and smooth process.
Not really looking forward to round two if it means an entire week of feeling bad, but considering the alternative, I'm not complaining:).

jeroly

• Pencil Stache
I was able to register for my first vaccination yesterday here in DC. It will happen on March 13th, on the other side of town, but what the hey!

In early January they had claimed that folks with pre-existing conditions would be able to start booking appointments on February 1st.  They never gave an update until February 22nd or so when they announced it would open up for that group for appointments starting March 1st.

I am a FIREd IT guy, and I know the challenges associated with building an easy-to-navigate, user-friendly, scalable website... and the DC vaccination registration website is pathetically bad - it is bad in every dimension and aspect. (if anyone is truly interested in everything that's wrong about it I can elaborate, but don't want to vent unnecessarily)

In the end I never was able to make an appointment through it - but eventually was able to access the call center where a CSR booked a slot for me.

They couldn't tell me which type of vaccine I'll get.  As long as it's not placebo, I'll be happy!

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
In the last three days I've heard about four of my friends plus the three people I booked appointments for getting successfully vaccinated. Seems like things are really rolling now! It should only be upwards from here with the new J&J shipments and hopefully no more big snowstorms delaying shipping as the winter ebbs.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
Yeah, I'm feeling really optimistic about this now!  Several of my friends who also expect to be "last in line" like me were talking about hoping to be vaccinated by August or September and worrying about some gestures the local teachers unions are making toward staying with online school only in the fall.  I told them I was feeling really strong that we'll all be vaccinated by early to mid summer and that I even have some hope that we'd be vaccinated by late April or May.  They were all skeptical.  Am I getting ahead of myself?

Can't wait to hear how the additional shipments of J&J go.  I'm a little wondering if there will be fights over who gets what, now that there's this 1-shot/2-shot issue.  Hope that doesn't cause issues.

charis

• Magnum Stache
I'm second to last in line in my state and we are now hearing March/April. It's no guarantee at all, but I don't think you ahead of yourself.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
Yeah, I'm feeling really optimistic about this now!  Several of my friends who also expect to be "last in line" like me were talking about hoping to be vaccinated by August or September and worrying about some gestures the local teachers unions are making toward staying with online school only in the fall.  I told them I was feeling really strong that we'll all be vaccinated by early to mid summer and that I even have some hope that we'd be vaccinated by late April or May.  They were all skeptical.  Am I getting ahead of myself?

Can't wait to hear how the additional shipments of J&J go.  I'm a little wondering if there will be fights over who gets what, now that there's this 1-shot/2-shot issue.  Hope that doesn't cause issues.

It seems to me that people shouldn't be allowed to be picky.  You make an appointment, you show up, you get whatever shot they have that day.  Unless there is a medical condition that requires one over another**, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. Right now, people don't get to pick and I don't see why that should change with J&J added to the mix.

**A FB friend with a history of allergic reactions got her first dose (I don't remember if it was P or M).  She had to basically beg her doctor to allow her to get in in the first place, and sure enough, she had an anaphylactic reaction.  They just barely avoided using her epi-pen.  And they told her she couldn't have the second shot because of that, but that she might be able to get the J&J shot once it was approved.  Clearly in cases like that, some specificity is required.  But if someone just doesn't want to have to go to two appointments or get stuck with two needles?  Yeah, we are in a public health emergency.  Shut up and take what you are offered. 

Anon in Alaska

• Stubble
I had a first shot appointment for March 11th. Yesterday, on a whim, I checked the states website for an appointment sooner. I found one for an hour later, and, after hustling a little to shower and get out the door soon enough, I got the shot yesterday. (I cancelled the other appointment once I got home, so someone else could grab it, of course).

This was at my local Carrs (Safeway/Albertsons) store and they give you a 10% off on one purchase coupon with every vaccine. My pantry is still pretty full from stocking up when I got my flu shot in October, but I should be able to buy $250 worth of groceries and save $25. Not as important as getting a life saving shot sooner, but not bad; and I'll get another coupon in three weeks when I go back for the second shot.

jeroly

• Pencil Stache

I think that if Pfizer, J&J, and Moderna live up to the commitments in their contracts, there will be enough doses distributed by the end of July to immunize all adults in the US. 

Given that around 1/3 of those polled say they will not get the vaccine, I think that there should be doses for everyone that wants it before the end of June, and those who are on top of things vis-a-vis scheduling appointments, willing to be flexible in vaccination location, etc., should be able to score their shots by May. 

Whether the infrastructure (appointment scheduling, having enough vaccinators, etc.) will be working well enough to actually immunize that many people in that timeframe is another question.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
My 84 yo dad is getting his second Moderna shot tomorrow.  He didn't have any bad symptoms from the first shot (just a sore arm).  I'm hoping he doesn't get walloped by symptoms the second time around, as some have been. 

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
My 84 year old dad got really bad symptoms from the first Moderna vaccine.  Now he's not sure whether to get the second dose. 😥

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache

I think that if Pfizer, J&J, and Moderna live up to the commitments in their contracts, there will be enough doses distributed by the end of July to immunize all adults in the US. 

Given that around 1/3 of those polled say they will not get the vaccine, I think that there should be doses for everyone that wants it before the end of June, and those who are on top of things vis-a-vis scheduling appointments, willing to be flexible in vaccination location, etc., should be able to score their shots by May. 

Whether the infrastructure (appointment scheduling, having enough vaccinators, etc.) will be working well enough to actually immunize that many people in that timeframe is another question.

We're at 75 million doses given in the US for a population of around 250 million adults (plus another 75 million under 18 that may not get the vaccine but are also at close to zero risk). Currently approaching an average of 2 million doses a day. Let's say that increases to 3 million as the J&J shot rolls out in the coming weeks. That would mean about 5 months to get another 425 million shots. Of course since some people will refuse, and others might get the single J&J shot it's probably more like 4 months which would be around the end of June.

I'm confident the infrastructure will be there. If anything it's just going to keep getting better over time. All the people and systems are getting more experience every day.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
I'm hoping my wife (last tier) will have ability to get shot end of May/June, but that's partly b/c our county is already at like 15% 1st shots given.

We're in a well off county so that's why I have hope. If we were in a majority minority/poor county, I wouldn't feel such hope.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
I'm mentally trying to tell myself mid-June, so as not to to get my hopes set any earlier.   Part of me thinks that is overly pessimistic, especially with not only another vax (and associated production lines) added, but a single does one at that.  But I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  I have no special conditions that would move me up in line, though with DoD facilities getting doses I may have that as well as civilian options to explore, which *could* allow me to get it a bit faster, though I don't know if the DoD will keep receiving doses in significant numbers once employees and service members are fully vaxxed.

9patch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Earth Jubilee
My husband (52) and I (48) got both doses of the Moderna. We had sore arm both times, and no other side effects. Since I'm a computer person, I also helped 3 others get appointments. The system in Oregon is super clunky and screwed up, so I sort of became the expert in getting appointments (I'm really good at hitting the reload button haha).

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
MIL and FIL got shot #1 today. Stepfather has had shot #1, and DM will get shot #1 on Friday. Life is looking up!

It’s interesting hearing all the reports of side effects or reactions to the vaccine. They sound a lot my experience of actually having the disease... only for one day (or less) instead of six, with no loss of smell and taste, and no weeks of fatigue and slow recovery afterward.  While it would be great to nit have the adverse effects, the real thing is worse, and more uncertain.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
DH is considered an essential worker. He got an email today and he's on the list! No date yet, but he has a place in line, hooray!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:52:03 AM by Dicey »

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
It’s interesting hearing all the reports of side effects or reactions to the vaccine. They sound a lot my experience of actually having the disease... only for one day (or less) instead of six, with no loss of smell and taste, and no weeks of fatigue and slow recovery afterward.  While it would be great to nit have the adverse effects, the real thing is worse, and more uncertain.

The CDC released some data from the v-safe program (where you can report side effects after getting vaxed) and it looks like it's fairly rare to get the worse side effects. A lot of people get headache, tired, and sore arm. But relatively few (~10%) get anything like fever, chills, body aches, etc.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

I've heard a bunch of people speculate that your reaction to the vaccine is similar to the reaction you would have had to COVID (i.e. if you have no reaction you would have been asymptomatic, if you feel like crud for a day you would have been more symptomatic, etc.). I'm seeing it play out in real time with a friend of mine who got dose one on January 28th, was exposed a week and a half later (before most of the immunity kicked in), and caught it. He said that he had about 12 hours of feeling like he was coming down with a cold after the vaccine. A little tired, a little off, nose and throat maybe a little irritated. Sore arm. No fever or anything. But he got full-blown COVID when he got sick: high fever (103.5F), sharp stabbing chest pains, shortness of breath, altered taste and smell, terrible joint and body aches, and severe fatigue. He probably should have gone to the hospital, but he didn't want to go. So, in summary, no, the vaccine reaction is not mini-COVID!

BussoV6

• Bristles
I just read the entire thread AFTER I posted above (Doh!) and realize others have discussed the info I posted above already and felt it wasn't an appropriate issue to talk about. So if the mods want me to delete it I will. Will just say Im scheduled to get a Moderna vaccine tomorrow at the VA hospital with the second dose schedule in 4 weeks. I am getting it early (younger age) because I am in an at risk group due to an immune disorder.

Great News! We don't want you getting sick or dying on us. I rely on your sensible take on many topics. :-)

Let us know how it goes. I think the Moderna vaccine offers some good protection against some of the known variants.

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
The VA here has opened up walk in vaccine clinics to veterans of all ages, so my husband is going today.  It's first come, first serve, so hopefully he gets one today but they're holding the walk in clinics all week.  My 40 y.o. BIL got vaccinated this weekend because he is eligible as a teacher.  I'll be in the 35-44 age group that becomes eligible in April in my state.

By the River

• Bristles
I'm getting my first shot at lunchtime today.  Above 55 with another condition is eligible in my state, so losing a kidney due to a physical injury is finally paying off.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
I'm getting my first shot at lunchtime today.  Above 55 with another condition is eligible in my state, so losing a kidney due to a physical injury is finally paying off.
Ouch!

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache
The VA here has opened up walk in vaccine clinics to veterans of all ages, so my husband is going today.  It's first come, first serve, so hopefully he gets one today but they're holding the walk in clinics all week.  My 40 y.o. BIL got vaccinated this weekend because he is eligible as a teacher.  I'll be in the 35-44 age group that becomes eligible in April in my state.

Just out of curiousity, do you know if they will also give it to active duty?  (I know this may vary by location; mostly I'm trying to determine if any VAs that have opened up to all ages are including AD in that, or only retired/separated vets.)

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
My AD friend got hers at the local VA, but she also gets her care there

Update: I asked her about it and she says she doesn’t know if regular AD can do it, since she switched to being FT guard last summer
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:27:52 PM by MudPuppy »

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache

Just out of curiousity, do you know if they will also give it to active duty?  (I know this may vary by location; mostly I'm trying to determine if any VAs that have opened up to all ages are including AD in that, or only retired/separated vets.)

I'm not sure - my friends here who are active duty have gotten it through their National Guard units, not the VA.  My husband got his shot today (49 y.o.) along with a co-worker who is also a veteran.  One of his co-workers was not enrolled with the VA so they enrolled him at the walk in clinic and vaccinated him the same day.  My husband does not get his care through the VA but we signed him up last night to make sure he was in the system.

GillyMack

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Last week, my state suddenly added 55 to 64 with certain preexisting conditions and pregnant folk of any age.  I looked at the list and called my 58-year old sister-in-law to say that I thought it was odd that the CDC/state had Type 2 diabetics on the list but not Type 1.  She has been a Type 1 diabetic since she was in elementary school and is the family member we have been most worried about. She said in a bright voice, not to worry!  That she has chronic kidney disease! Yay! And had already made her vaccine appointment.  What strange times we are living in.

My 30-something pregnant niece got her shot on Friday. I hadn’t read about the reasoning behind pregnancies being high on the list, but I hear that my niece was very relieved to have been able to get it.

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
Our county health director today said he expects appointments to open to the general public/anybody starting mid-March.

-W

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
^That's certainly good news!

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
Biden saying enough for all adults by end of May

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache

And since plenty of adults won't get it and some can't, I'm feeling pretty good about the timeline!  We will see if this holds, and if having the doses also means being able to distribute and inject the doses on the same timeline. 

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles

And since plenty of adults won't get it and some can't, I'm feeling pretty good about the timeline!  We will see if this holds, and if having the doses also means being able to distribute and inject the doses on the same timeline.

Yeah, injecting another thing. I'm planning on our work to open to public by late July or early Aug at this point.

Sandi_k

• Handlebar Stache
Got my first shot today: Pfizer.