Author Topic: Covid vaccine rollout in the US - who do you know that is getting the vaccine?  (Read 229568 times)

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
Just found out I'm scheduled for my first shot next week along with a dozen or so people from my department at work (federal government).

Are you essential workers?  Do you face the public?

I'm a federal employee.  I'm supposed to get the second shot on Friday.  I don't face the public.  I wouldn't call us essential, but the official letter they sent home with everyone last year to avoid any possible curfews said differently.  I wouldn't qualify under state guidelines at this time, but this seems to be coming out of the federal supply rather than the state supply.

Curious where you are located.  Here in Mi, I still have no clue if there is a Fed supply outside of maybe the VA.  I’m covering for a co worker tomorrow who has his 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow afternoon.  I’m working with folks from DC this week they don’t know why my coworker can’t reschedule for the morning.  We all are like the “City of Detroit” doesn’t work the way that HQ does.

• Stubble
My parents are 69 and 70 and have both gotten their first shots. They went through a state program at a pharmacy since their county is only doing 75+ right now. My FIL is eligible in his county at 65 but hasn't gotten the call. I think in Maryland persistence is rewarded- if my FIL really felt strongly he could ask my mother to find him an appt since persistence is her trademark! But MIL isn't eligible (64) so he isn't in a rush. My husband is eligible because of his volunteer work but hasn't pushed either since he's not actually at high risk. I will be at the end of the line but don't care too much bc until my kids can get jabbed we're not doing much.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
My 84 YO dad in NY got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine and it knocked him out for a couple of days.  He was just exhaused.  But, as I was saying to him, if this is what the vaccine is like, what would the actual disease have been like?

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
Just found out I'm scheduled for my first shot next week along with a dozen or so people from my department at work (federal government).

I'm a federal employee.  I'm supposed to get the second shot on Friday.  I don't face the public.  I wouldn't call us essential, but the official letter they sent home with everyone last year to avoid any possible curfews said differently.  I wouldn't qualify under state guidelines at this time, but this seems to be coming out of the federal supply rather than the state supply.

Curious where you are located.  Here in Mi, I still have no clue if there is a Fed supply outside of maybe the VA.  I’m covering for a co worker tomorrow who has his 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow afternoon.  I’m working with folks from DC this week they don’t know why my coworker can’t reschedule for the morning.  We all are like the “City of Detroit” doesn’t work the way that HQ does.

I'm in Alabama.  A small industrial base.  I have no idea who pulled what strings to get this done. 

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:11:19 AM by Sugaree »

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache

New Mexico. There's a very large federal presence in the state. 10% of the population is American Indian so you have shots from Indian Health Services, 4 military bases (tens of thousands of servicemembers, civilians, and contractors) so you have shots from DoD, and a fairly large veteran population so shots from the VA. That's why we're at 98-99% of the shots that have been distributed to the state because I'm fairly sure all the people getting a shot from a federal source are counting in the numerator, but not the denominator.

Incidentally my appointment has now been moved again for a few days later. So we'll see next week if they push it back again. If not, I'm also in the National Guard so I'll see if I can get it through there.

HuskiesUnited

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

My Mom and Dad are Illinois residents and have a second home in Florida (Lee County, SW Florida) where they are for ~5 months per year. Both are in early 70s.  They had tried the local pharmacy (Publix) for ~3 weeks, 1-2 mornings per week, 1-2 hours the days appointments were open, no lucky getting an appointment in a county within a couple hours drive.  They also tried calling the county health department, 1-2 times per week, 1-2 hours each time they called, no luck getting through.  Then the county started a website which they signed up for, and a week later they were called to schedule appointment.  They got Moderna ~2 weeks ago at the Lee County mass vaccination site.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:58:02 AM by HuskiesUnited »

HuskiesUnited

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Illinois officially started Phase 1B (65 and older, frontline essential workers) on January 25.  They were a bit late with starting compared to other states.

In anticipation of this, my wife had setup her 92 year old Grandma and her 78 year old partner she lives with (she decided not to remarry after her second husband passed) in all electronic health portal systems of the doctors they used.

The week before Phase 1B officially started the partner was contacted via email to schedule a vaccination through the portal system of a major health care network in the Chicago area.  He had to drive an hour to a hospital near downtown Chicago.  My wife’s Grandma went along and asked if she could get the shot as well.  She was told be about 10 different people that it was very strict who could get the shot, appointments only.  Then after her partner had received the shot, someone came up to her and brought her back for the shot.

They both received appointments for the second Pfizer dose and received it last Friday Feb 13.  I think they may have had some minor side effects, nothing moderate.

HuskiesUnited

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I work in the Chicago area at a company that does manufacturing.  According to Illinois, manufacturing employees are eligible for Phase 1B.  Perhaps half the company’s employees are able to work remotely.  I am not one of them.  I work as an engineer and am frequently in labs working with physical products.  I am able to be fairly socially distanced and able to avoid close contact.  There have been plenty of COVID cases at the plant throughout the pandemic, mostly in areas where social distancing is much more difficult, though it seems the majority aren’t from spread in the plant but picked up outside work.  If I were to guess perhaps 10% of the on-site workforce has had COVID, they publish a listing of how many active cases in each room, names withheld.

The company didn’t really make a statement if we fell into Phase 1B.  My wife said that I did (I wasn’t so sure).  I figured those working from home wouldn’t be, those who work in manufacturing in close contact definitely would be, and I was in a grey area.  Many of my engineering coworkers onsite everyday but able to socially distance pretty well put us at Phase 1C (not getting first dose until late March or April).

After the first week of Phase 1B in Illinois, we spent the weekend checking the Cook County’s website every 15 minutes for vaccine appointments.  Sunday at 10 am, they dumped a bunch of appointments for the next three days at the mass vaccination site doing 3000 vaccinations per day.  I was able to get one for Wednesday.  I didn’t want to tell anyone at work I was getting it, since they had all decided they were waiting for Phase 1C.  On Monday at work, I said nothing.  On Tuesday, the company made a statement and provided a letter that we were all essential manufacturing workers, and be given the vaccine when allowed by public health guidelines.  My coworkers spent their day trying to get vaccine appointments online at local pharmacies and succeeded as the local pharmacies (Walgreens, Jewel) happened to open lots of appointments that day.  All 3 people I sit with were able to get appointments for later in the week. 

Almost all employees I work with frequently have since received their first dose or have it scheduled next week, including those remotely.  It seems those remotely perhaps shouldn’t be eligible, but they do still come in the office occasionally, and the company probably doesn’t want to pick and choose who can get the vaccine and who can’t.  And the vaccine site doesn’t want to vet people for vaccine eligibility when one has an appointment and a dose allocated that otherwise could end up in the garbage at the end of the day with no one to give it to.  So it seems there probably is some inequity in the process but I also feel that Illinois held up starting Phase 1B too late when there was a hard time finding Phase 1A people towards the end of Phase 1A.  So I’ve come around to the idea of if you get an opportunity to take the vaccine, do it.  It is better to be vaccinated early than have doses discarded once allocated with no one to give them to.

So I had my first Moderna shot back on February 3.  I had moderate pain at the injection site starting on the second day that peaked a day 3 and probably didn’t go away until day 5.  And my upper back was unusually sore as though I had overdone it with an upper body workout.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 07:42:19 AM by HuskiesUnited »

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
I'm in Michigan. I think all of my relatives and friends who are healthcare workers, first responders/LEO, and teachers have been vaccinated at this point. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot. My 70-year-old mother and 72-year-old father are having a hell of a time trying to get their shots. Mom still works full-time, and Dad is a cancer patient. They applied through their respective healthcare systems weeks ago and have heard nothing. Honestly, I think their best chance will probably be one of the Meijer superstores. I told them to apply at all of the sites (pharmacies, county) and take the first offered appointments. 

Husband and I don't expect to receive the vaccine before mid-summer.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
I went to the dentist yesterday and asked how it was going with vaccinations and my hygienist said, "oh yeah!  We're all vaccinated" with a hand wave like it was done years ago or something.  I was very happy to hear it! 

She then told me something about Dr. Fauci announcing the other day that they've concluded there's no reason to worry about vaccinated people passing the virus on to non-vaccinated people which....I have not heard about this announcement.  And my quick search did not bring evidence of what would be super important and wonderful news. 

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
Maybe she was talking about this? https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-hospital-98-of-staff-who-got-2nd-shot-have-high-level-covid-antibodies/

Not proof but there’s it been time for proof yet, just good signs

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
My mom 67 got the jab with Moderna yesterday no symptoms so far. So random how it is being distributed her dentist called her and asked if she wanted them to setup an appointment for her and two days later she got the shot.

My uncle a few years older got his shot the same day but his was setup by his doctors office.

Meanwhile people 75+ are posting on Facebook and next door about not being able to get the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
My stepfather got his second shot yesterday (over 24 hours ago) and reports that he feels great!  Arm slightly more sore - sounds like the technique of this vaccinator might not have been as good.

crowinghen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I am a healthcare worker in Washington state and got both shots ( Moderna) The first shot was non event, the second one gave me flu like symptoms for  day. Happy to have  gotten them!

exit2019

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
My parents, northern California but not Bay Area, have had both doses of their moderna vaccine with no side effects to mention. They are quite old, however, and apparently the systemic reaction is primarily the result of the immune system reaction, which fades as you get older.

Teachstache

• Stubble
I'm in Nebraska. The main people here who have gotten it are medical staff at hospitals & private practice physicians, residents 70+. I'm a classroom teacher working in K-12 in person classrooms (since August) & am anxiously awaiting my turn.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
Got the second Pfizer dose Thursdat morning.  Took some acetaminophen before bed and have had no symptoms.  Atm is less sore than after the first one.  Now on the hunt to get my husband an appointment.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Parents got the first pfizer shot on Wednesday, said they both had no ill effects.

Villanelle

• Walrus Stache

New Mexico. There's a very large federal presence in the state. 10% of the population is American Indian so you have shots from Indian Health Services, 4 military bases (tens of thousands of servicemembers, civilians, and contractors) so you have shots from DoD, and a fairly large veteran population so shots from the VA. That's why we're at 98-99% of the shots that have been distributed to the state because I'm fairly sure all the people getting a shot from a federal source are counting in the numerator, but not the denominator.

Incidentally my appointment has now been moved again for a few days later. So we'll see next week if they push it back again. If not, I'm also in the National Guard so I'll see if I can get it through there.

Spouse's group, in the Very Large Military building, has about 500 people.  They are told to expect between 7-20 people per week to get the shot.  So it will be quite a while--about a year, though I suspect/hope the pace will pick up or people will get shots via civilian providers!--before meaningful numbers get vaccinated.   And that year number doesn't account for the fact that people need 2 shots! 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
I have my first vaccine appointment on Tuesday. Fingers crossed very hard - NYC is down to "less than 1000" first dose vaccines on hand and my city council member says they're not expecting more until "Monday at the earliest." Some appointments have been cancelled already due to lack of vaccines (this is all because of bad weather causing shipments to be delayed). The anxiety level is high in the Slicey household...

After I got my appointment (and my eligible family members are all done) I offered on Facebook to help if anyone was having trouble getting appointments, since I have zero responsibilities right now, there's nothing fun to do outside my apartment, and I'm stubborn af and will sit at my laptop doing this until my fingers ache and my eyes blur. No one took me up on it right away, but someone I know posted an angsty message about how much trouble she was having getting an appointment... she's in a popular local band and has thousands of FB friends, so I figured she might not have seen my post. I messaged her and offered to help. She gave me the info this morning and by dinnertime I had an appointment for her older relative with multiple medical issues that they were desperate to get a vaccination for. :-D

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
I have my first vaccine appointment on Tuesday. Fingers crossed very hard - NYC is down to "less than 1000" first dose vaccines on hand and my city council member says they're not expecting more until "Monday at the earliest." Some appointments have been cancelled already due to lack of vaccines (this is all because of bad weather causing shipments to be delayed). The anxiety level is high in the Slicey household...

After I got my appointment (and my eligible family members are all done) I offered on Facebook to help if anyone was having trouble getting appointments, since I have zero responsibilities right now, there's nothing fun to do outside my apartment, and I'm stubborn af and will sit at my laptop doing this until my fingers ache and my eyes blur. No one took me up on it right away, but someone I know posted an angsty message about how much trouble she was having getting an appointment... she's in a popular local band and has thousands of FB friends, so I figured she might not have seen my post. I messaged her and offered to help. She gave me the info this morning and by dinnertime I had an appointment for her older relative with multiple medical issues that they were desperate to get a vaccination for. :-D

Good work!  My friend has been doing the same thing for her friends and neighbors in Ohio and has been calling herself the vaccine fairy :)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Good work!  My friend has been doing the same thing for her friends and neighbors in Ohio and has been calling herself the vaccine fairy :)

I was going to go with "The Vaccine Whisperer," but I probably need a few more under my belt before I put that on my business card ;-)

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
I got the Moderna shot yesterday morning through the National Guard. We do annual medical checks and it was available to everyone who wasn't getting any other shots that day (flu shot or other vaccines they were overdue on). I heard a few people turn it down. Once it's fully approved, it will become mandatory like our annual flu shot or other vaccines. But for now, since it's an emergency authorization it's still volunteer only.

So far just a lot of soreness in that arm since I woke up. Kind of feel like I'm getting a cold with some mucous in my throat and a bit of sniffles, but that could just be allergies.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
I got the Moderna shot yesterday morning through the National Guard. We do annual medical checks and it was available to everyone who wasn't getting any other shots that day (flu shot or other vaccines they were overdue on). I heard a few people turn it down. Once it's fully approved, it will become mandatory like our annual flu shot or other vaccines. But for now, since it's an emergency authorization it's still volunteer only.

So far just a lot of soreness in that arm since I woke up. Kind of feel like I'm getting a cold with some mucous in my throat and a bit of sniffles, but that could just be allergies.

Interesting about being avail to people who did not get the flu shot. I was just wondering if, in coming years, we'd all be getting combined flu/coronavirus shots each fall, like MMR or other combined vaccines. I know nothing about how or when vaccines can be combined, but it would be a shame (just in general, but also for public health) if people can't do them on the same day, even.

laserlady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Interesting about being avail to people who did not get the flu shot. I was just wondering if, in coming years, we'd all be getting combined flu/coronavirus shots each fall, like MMR or other combined vaccines. I know nothing about how or when vaccines can be combined, but it would be a shame (just in general, but also for public health) if people can't do them on the same day, even.

My understanding is that they currently don't want people to get other vaccinations within two weeks of the COVID vaccine because they want good data on side effects. If someone had a bad reaction after getting multiple shots on the same day, they wouldn't be able to tell if that was an unexpected reaction to the COVID vaccine or if it was caused by one of the other vaccines. Once they've collected enough data to move past the emergency-authorization stage, I imagine this policy will change.

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
Wife (teacher) got her second Moderna shot on Thursday. She was pretty tired on Friday but still skate skied 15k or so.

-W

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
Florida is doing everyone 65 and over plus health care workers and emergency workers. Several family and friends got their first and second shots, most are still trying, but things seem to finally be rolling along.
I got my coded notice through the county registration site yesterday. I'm so happy and relieved to be going in for my first shot at the brand new mass vax site this Friday.

My county has the highest population of 65 and over in all of Florida - so yeah, the (imho more like a third world) county health services hiccupped greatly. But they have rallied beautifully, got an increasingly good website set up for registration, they went from instantly freezing up when 52,000 people logged into the county website - all at the same time the second they offered shots, to continued new troubles - loved the time a hacker sent everyone to a paid event registration site, lol - four weeks in and they've got the kinks worked out.
It was incredibly confusing at first with things practically changing by the hour:).

Publix - Walmart - Sam's Club - nice sites, but it was infuriating/depressing to be unable to get an appointment at their Pharmacies even on days when they had 10,000 shots. Mostly I saw days with 4000 shots to sign up for.
Winn Dixie and CVS/Walgreens will come on board in our county a bit later - they are already operational in other parts of Florida.

I'm glad that the vaccinations were set up on a federal level in addition to what the state is doing. Our state in good part due to our governor DeSantis has not handled things as well as they could have, it didn't help that health departments have been starved for funds for years.

I live near a huge VA hospital complex the VA seems to have their own program, no idea what that might be but I do know they are also vaxing employees since I personally know of two - one in their late twenties and one in their early 40s, both are office workers.

Here's to hoping this plague will end soon, before the mutations kill us all. JK

Abe

• Magnum Stache
I donated blood recently and my covid IgG came back negative, despite getting my first dose of vaccine 2 months ago. I wish they did an IgM but found it interesting nevertheless. I was quite sick after both doses. They did explain at great length that this was not an indicator of immunity, but we have a very low false negative rate with our in-house test. <shrug>.

Travis

• Magnum Stache

On my prescreening questionnaire it asked specifically if I had received any other vaccinations in the previous two weeks or planned to get others shortly afterwards, so it sounds like for this vaccine it must be taken in isolation of any others.  I remember on day 2 of basic training they stuck me 6 times assembly-line style with whatever they thought I needed to get.

sealab2021

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Getting my first one in Maryland tomorrow. I’m surprised it was so fast. When I signed up a few months ago they told me I may get vaccinated in may.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
I donated blood recently and my covid IgG came back negative, despite getting my first dose of vaccine 2 months ago. I wish they did an IgM but found it interesting nevertheless. I was quite sick after both doses. They did explain at great length that this was not an indicator of immunity, but we have a very low false negative rate with our in-house test. <shrug>.

That would seriously frustrate me

Mariposa

• Pencil Stache

Were you able to confirm they checked for anti-spike IgG, rather than anti-nucleocapsid? After vaccination, only anti-spike IgG will be positive, sort of like hep B serologies.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
Maricopa County here in AZ just opened up a lot more appointments.  Locations include the major vaccination centers but now the rollout has really launched into the pharmacies.  Still have to be age 65+ or other usual categories, but it looks like things are finally flowing.
I was able to get an appointment for next week. 

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
I've got an appointment tomorrow. After checking multiple sites multiple times/day for the last month, Walgreens has suddenly opened up many appointments.

dodojojo

• Pencil Stache
Mom, late 60's, scheduled for the first shot late this afternoon.  I actually snagged an appointment for her about 3 weeks ago but she cancelled. She gets the flu shot every year but was concerned about the novelty of the covid vaccine.  Sigh.

Now the city is actually coming to her apartment building (it's for seniors) and vaccinating staff and residents.  As well they should, it's a 9 story building full of senior citizens.  I was so anxious when she cancelled her first appointment, I dreaded the 'what if' scenario until she actually got vaccinated.  Finally, today, she'll get her first shot and I can now just be concerned about when I will get my shots.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
I live in CT and am eligible to get a vaccine but they are are no where to be found! I have been on the VAMS website for two weeks, 10 times a day, and there is not one appointment anywhere including 5 different hospitals in the area. Now my state is allowing 55 year olds to start getting the vaccine March 1st and I don't even think the first group of the most elderly has gotten the shots. I have made phone calls and they keep telling me that the shipments are delayed!

I have checked with the Visiting Nurse organization, the Senior Center and some other CT information place but I get the same story from everyone.

I have been told to check with Walgreens and CVS and neither are even doing it in my town as of yet.

A recorded message said that there were vaccines at three spots in CT but very far away places and like an hour or more drive to get there if they even have appointments.

Why is CT not getting shipments? A friend of mine in MI got both her shots already!

• Handlebar Stache
I live in CT and am eligible to get a vaccine but they are are no where to be found! I have been on the VAMS website for two weeks, 10 times a day, and there is not one appointment anywhere including 5 different hospitals in the area. Now my state is allowing 55 year olds to start getting the vaccine March 1st and I don't even think the first group of the most elderly has gotten the shots. I have made phone calls and they keep telling me that the shipments are delayed!

I have checked with the Visiting Nurse organization, the Senior Center and some other CT information place but I get the same story from everyone.

I have been told to check with Walgreens and CVS and neither are even doing it in my town as of yet.

A recorded message said that there were vaccines at three spots in CT but very far away places and like an hour or more drive to get there if they even have appointments.

Why is CT not getting shipments? A friend of mine in MI got both her shots already!

Well Michigan doesn’t have the delivery issues with the Pfizer vaccine.  But distribution is not even over the entire state.  I give the state a solid B and they are looking to improve.  As of 2/22 at least 17% of the adult population has received one shot.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
My sister (a dietetics student with some in-person clinical experience in the curriculum) got her first shot this week. My other sister (a physical therapist) has been vaccinated for a while. I'm in the lowest priority, still waiting my turn, hoping the upcoming Johnson & Johnson approval lets us get through the queue a bit faster.

better late

• Bristles
I've got an appointment tomorrow. After checking multiple sites multiple times/day for the last month, Walgreens has suddenly opened up many appointments.

I had the same experience with Walgreens yesterday. Suddenly they had appointments, and as luck would have it, they had just opened up the vaccinations to the next eligibility tranche. Appointment scored for my relative (1C w/ medical)! So very relieved

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
I have my first vaccine appointment on Tuesday. Fingers crossed very hard - NYC is down to "less than 1000" first dose vaccines on hand and my city council member says they're not expecting more until "Monday at the earliest." Some appointments have been cancelled already due to lack of vaccines (this is all because of bad weather causing shipments to be delayed).

So the place I was scheduled at ran out of vaccines and cancelled all their appointments on Saturday, Sunday, and twice on Monday (yes, actually twice - they cancelled every appointment for Monday, issued all new appointments to all new people, and then cancelled them again) so I frantically spent Monday trying to find a new appointment because I was sure they would cancel mine on Tuesday ... happy to say I succeeded and got vaccinated somewhere else yesterday. Hooray :-)  It was a great experience all around, very professional, not crowded, no wait, super efficient. I ended up with Moderna and so far almost no side effects. Somewhat sore muscle in my upper arm, that's it. I think it's because I advance-planned for an event somewhere between a severe flu and the invasion of Normandy, so it caused no side effects just to annoy me. ;-)

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
severe flu and the invasion of Normandy

I lol’d

scissorbill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

I’ve had luck checking CVS early in the morning.  It will say what towns have availablility and then if you put that town as your location you can schedule it. You might get Putnam, Waterbury, Colchester, Coventry, etc and you might have to drive but I think it’s worth it esp before March 1 when 55 is allowed in. 

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
I was spending about an hour/day checking for appointments. LOL

Anyway, 1st shot today (Pfizer) and I must say Walgreens is really ramping up. I was there maybe 20 minutes and the pharmacist gave 5 shots.

• Handlebar Stache
I think I have now filled out 6 questionnaires explaining to the federal government (my agency and my department) that I got my vaccine from the county so I’m good. 

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
got my 2nd shot yesterday.

1st shot, very little blood if any

2nd shot, i felt it running down my arm and one of the nurses asked if I ate a lot of garlic (anti-coagulant)... I do consume fish oil but i was doing so for 1st shot as well.

Anyone know much about this? Some info suggest nurse may have hit a small capillary other info suggest very little blood should come out and she may not have done it right and could be less effective

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
got my 2nd shot yesterday.

1st shot, very little blood if any

2nd shot, i felt it running down my arm and one of the nurses asked if I ate a lot of garlic (anti-coagulant)... I do consume fish oil but i was doing so for 1st shot as well.

Anyone know much about this? Some info suggest nurse may have hit a small capillary other info suggest very little blood should come out and she may not have done it right and could be less effective

Some nurses suck at giving shots.  Especially if they're tired, overworked, nervous/sad/concerned about things, etc.

iluvzbeach

• Handlebar Stache
@spartana - I think your post is okay. You didn’t take on the tone and insistence on repeating the issue like the other poster did. Plus, you tied it back to your own issue. Completely different, IMO.

Congrats on getting it scheduled. We really hope it goes well for you and that you don’t have any negative side effects. We need to keep you around these forums for many years to come.

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache

My FIL and MIL had no luck with VAMS but were able to get through using the hotline number 877-918-2224.  They were both vaccinated earlier this month in CT and are 80+.  Edited to add that they are in central CT and were able to get it at UConn Med Center and New Britain General Hospital.  I think there are more centrally located sites near Hartford, not sure where you are in CT.

Channel-Z

• Stubble
My parents completed their second doses this week. They feel tired and achy. Hopefully, that will pass after a couple of days.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache

My FIL and MIL had no luck with VAMS but were able to get through using the hotline number 877-918-2224.  They were both vaccinated earlier this month in CT and are 80+.  Edited to add that they are in central CT and were able to get it at UConn Med Center and New Britain General Hospital.  I think there are more centrally located sites near Hartford, not sure where you are in CT.

New Britain is over an hour for me. No thanks to that. I will wait till it is in my area if it ever comes. Used that telephone number the other day and they verified that there is nothing in my area. I live in Western CT, close to the NY boarder.