Author Topic: Coronavirus - How can people be so incredibly stupid?  (Read 47156 times)

deborah

• Walrus Stache
Re: Coronavirus - How can people be so incredibly stupid?
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2020, 03:05:34 AM »
One of our ex politicians wrote a wonderful article today

https://www.theage.com.au/national/people-on-bondi-beach-win-the-selfish-and-stupid-award-20200321-p54chx.html

The worst behaviour is from people who are returning from overseas or for other reasons have been told to self-isolate and don't.

They are wilfully putting their fellow Australians at risk. If you know someone like this, tick them off over the phone and then rub them off your contact list. They're selfish idiots, repositories of stupidity and you don't need to carry that baggage around for the rest of your life.

The people at Bondi Beach last week win the selfish and stupid award. We've all been asked to keep our distance, to limit our social interaction to help slow the spread. We thus contribute to flattening the curve so that our health system can cope. We will contribute to saving lives. But not those morons in Bondi.

May2030

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2020, 03:55:20 AM »
Not sure if this will play if you are state side as I am UK based but here is a call from a ER consultant to a radio show. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2

ixtap

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #402 on: March 23, 2020, 08:16:12 AM »
I have a friend whining that parking lots are being closed at local parks. Then she proceeded to tell me her experience at one of those very same crowded parks this weekend.

SunnyDays

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2020, 10:13:57 AM »
Baton Rouge pastor defies governor,
nbc15.com

Baton-Rouge-pastor-defies-governor
3 days ago

The gathering directly defied an order by Louisiana Governor John Bel ... Tony Spell, says police showed up at the church after the service ... "We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says.

Louisiana pastor holds church service with 300 people
cbsnews.com
3 days ago

Louisiana pastor holds church service for over 300 people, defying ... night with hundreds of congregants despite an order from the state's governor

Rev. Tony Spell defies coronavirus gatherings ban
washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

Declaring that the coronavirus is "politically motivated," a Louisiana pastor held a church service with hundreds of people in violation of the ...

Is this the same guy who said "The power of prayer is greater than this virus?"  No, no it isn't.

Also saw a clip of extremists in Iran kissing and touching the gates to some holy site, with one guy actually licking it, saying that he is "cleaning off the virus."  Their religious leader is actively telling people to defy bans and that this is all a conspiracy by the west or some such crap.

I despair for humanity.

ixtap

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

The gathering directly defied an order by Louisiana Governor John Bel ... Tony Spell, says police showed up at the church after the service ... "We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says.

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

Louisiana pastor holds church service for over 300 people, defying ... night with hundreds of congregants despite an order from the state's governor

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

Declaring that the coronavirus is "politically motivated," a Louisiana pastor held a church service with hundreds of people in violation of the ...

Is this the same guy who said "The power of prayer is greater than this virus?"  No, no it isn't.

Also saw a clip of extremists in Iran kissing and touching the gates to some holy site, with one guy actually licking it, saying that he is "cleaning off the virus."  Their religious leader is actively telling people to defy bans and that this is all a conspiracy by the west or some such crap.

I despair for humanity.

The Mexican President is saying that he is too morally strong to be subject to the virus, amongst other crap.

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2020, 10:15:16 AM »
Explains why they are needing a mass grave there @SunnyDays

Travis

• Magnum Stache

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:07 AM »

The Mexican President is saying that he is too morally strong to be subject to the virus, amongst other crap.

Something incorporeal such as a character trait cannot provide immunity against a virus.

Thus his belief is alarmingly  irrational given that he is Mexico's "leader."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:58:53 AM by John Galt incarnate! »

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #408 on: March 24, 2020, 05:56:25 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

Sometimes I think religion is the bane of humanity.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2020, 08:23:44 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

Personally, I think having people this incredibly pig-headed, intentionally ignorant and/or just plain stupid die off early is a blessing to any country.

My only regret is that they'll kill innocent people along with themselves.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2020, 10:48:57 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

One of the silver linings of the current crisis is that I haven't been dragged to church in a few weeks, and it's looking like I won't be going for the foreseeable future.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

Personally, I think having people this incredibly pig-headed, intentionally ignorant and/or just plain stupid die off early is a blessing to any country.

My only regret is that they'll kill innocent people along with themselves.

Same. Those people are valuable to God in that they are His children and He loves them. However, they provide nothing of value here on earth and their absence won't hurt anybody.

Jouer

• Bristles
« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
Yeah I don't think so. This virus has caused a minuscule number of deaths outside China. The death rate for healthy people under 40 is 0.2%. It does not worry me in the slightest.

...and then what happened?

I don't mean to pick on Bloop but this kind of thinking is what led to what is going down in the USA right now. Many had the same thoughts.

The best time to take this thing seriously was several weeks ago. The second best time is right now.

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

And then there are the majority of churches that have moved to online services and have organized groups of volunteers to bring food and water and other necessities to those who are unable to go out to purchase these things for themselves or who are in the high-risk categories and do not want to venture outside. Those who have cars and who stocked up early are now cooking and dropping off food supplies  from their own stash to those who were unable to stock up early. Many of these folks were motivated to reach out and help because of their faith. I know there are many non-religious groups that do the same thing because of other values that they hold. My point as simply that the churches in the article are outliers and its not fair to lump all religious groups in with them by saying that religion is the bane of humanity.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #414 on: March 24, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm not religious at all, but in my area I think only the non-mainline Evangelical churches are still open. All the big Christian denomination churches and mosques went to online services two weekends ago.

Pretty much the churches full of Trump voters are the ones that have continued to hold normal services.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #415 on: March 24, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm not religious at all, but in my area I think only the non-mainline Evangelical churches are still open. All the big Christian denomination churches and mosques went to online services two weekends ago.

Pretty much the churches full of Trump voters are the ones that have continued to hold normal services.

Deus Vult!

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
Loved it - she sure didn't mince any words, did she?

One of our ex politicians wrote a wonderful article today

https://www.theage.com.au/national/people-on-bondi-beach-win-the-selfish-and-stupid-award-20200321-p54chx.html

The worst behaviour is from people who are returning from overseas or for other reasons have been told to self-isolate and don't.

They are wilfully putting their fellow Australians at risk. If you know someone like this, tick them off over the phone and then rub them off your contact list. They're selfish idiots, repositories of stupidity and you don't need to carry that baggage around for the rest of your life.

The people at Bondi Beach last week win the selfish and stupid award. We've all been asked to keep our distance, to limit our social interaction to help slow the spread. We thus contribute to flattening the curve so that our health system can cope. We will contribute to saving lives. But not those morons in Bondi.

Sent from my VCE-AL00 using Tapatalk

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #417 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

And then there are the majority of churches that have moved to online services and have organized groups of volunteers to bring food and water and other necessities to those who are unable to go out to purchase these things for themselves or who are in the high-risk categories and do not want to venture outside. Those who have cars and who stocked up early are now cooking and dropping off food supplies  from their own stash to those who were unable to stock up early. Many of these folks were motivated to reach out and help because of their faith. I know there are many non-religious groups that do the same thing because of other values that they hold. My point as simply that the churches in the article are outliers and its not fair to lump all religious groups in with them by saying that religion is the bane of humanity.

I agree.

When  I posted I was well aware of the good works churches do.

That's why I posted  "Sometimes  I think religion is the bane of humanity."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:38:20 PM by John Galt incarnate! »

Kris

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2020, 04:41:23 PM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

I agree.

To me, it comes down to whether religion does more good or more bad.

Sometimes, I think the jury is still out.

But most of the time, I think wed be better off without it.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2020, 05:00:56 PM »
nbc15.com

3 days ago

cbsnews.com
3 days ago

washingtontimes.com
3 days ago

I despair for humanity.

I agree.

To me, it comes down to whether religion does more good or more bad.

Sometimes, I think the jury is still out.

But most of the time, I think wed be better off without it.

I've thought about  the issue for a long time.

My conclusion differs: I think on balance the world is better off because of religion but not by much.

Regardless of my personal opinion of religion (I am an atheist), as a First Amendment absolutist I've never wavered  from forceful advocacy of the right of all  to worship as they choose under the Free Exercise Clause.

Never.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:03:05 PM by John Galt incarnate! »

GreenEggs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2020, 08:23:17 AM »
Religions are fine as long as they don't spread hatred, prey upon children, or start religious wars. 

If they'd just stick with preaching the Love and "help thy neighbor" message religion would be A-Ok with me. 

PVD_Kev

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:11 AM »
Here is some stupidity:

My wife is currently receiving in-home PT and OT due to a broken and dislocated ankle.  The therapists go from house to house to house all day long.

They are not wearing masks or using gloves.

I banned them from the house on Monday.  Considering that they are ostensibly health care workers this is an astonishing screw-up by their employer.

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:24 AM »
Here is some stupidity:

My wife is currently receiving in-home PT and OT due to a broken and dislocated ankle.  The therapists go from house to house to house all day long.

I banned them from the house on Monday.  Considering that they are ostensibly health care workers this is an astonishing screw-up by their employer.
Could be the shortage. I'm assuming y'all have a solution for your wife doing the rehab without the workers.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2020, 11:15:04 AM »
Here is some stupidity:

Could be the shortage. I'm assuming y'all have a solution for your wife doing the rehab without the workers.

The wife is going to be pretty pissed if she ends up with reduced function for life due to this. PT and OT sometimes has a time limit on effectiveness. And if you do it wrong, you could make things worse.

Dogastrophe

• Stubble
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
One province over a lady was arrested and placed in a holding cell for violating her self isolation order. 

"Police told CBC News on Tuesday their primary goal was to educate people on the need to stay home and arrests would only come if someone refused to comply.

In this case, police said education wasn't enough."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/corner-brook-woman-arrested-covid-19-1.5509212

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2020, 11:22:28 AM »
One province over a lady was arrested and placed in a holding cell for violating her self isolation order. 

"Police told CBC News on Tuesday their primary goal was to educate people on the need to stay home and arrests would only come if someone refused to comply.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/corner-brook-woman-arrested-covid-19-1.5509212

There are a lot of people not following the quarantine.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to a full ban on leaving the home.

Dogastrophe

• Stubble
« Reply #426 on: March 25, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »

There are a lot of people not following the quarantine.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to a full ban on leaving the home.

I was speaking with a colleague in Corner Brook a few mins ago who has some insider info.  Apparently the lady was in a cab and told the driver that she was supposed to be self isolating.  He stopped cab, told her to get out, and called police.  Police arrived to assess the situation and, as she stomped up the road away from them, explained in explicit detail the manner in which they could fuck themselves and their mother. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:02:14 AM by Dogastrophe »

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #427 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:05 PM »

I was speaking with a colleague in Corner Brook a few mins ago who has some insider info.  Apparently the lady was in a cab and told the driver that she was supposed to be self isolating.  He stopped cab, told her to get out, and called police.  Police arrived to assess the situation and, as she stomped up the road away from them, explained in explicit detail the manner in which they could fuck themselves and their mother's.

Anyone ready to believe me that we would lose fewer people if we just summarily executed a few of these selfish shits and publicized it thoroughly?

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »

Even in Wuhan at its worse, I dont think there was a full ban. One family member was allowed to leave the home once every couple days to fetch groceries. I guess it depends on how you define full ban.

We are currently under a full ban in Shanghai, as in, we have people bringing our groceries to us and we report our temperatures in twice a day and have had to sign a document that we understand we may be jailed if we step outside our apartment. Its not that bad. Yesterday, I cleaned the patio furniture and enjoyed our balcony for the first time in many months.

egillespie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »
Seems this virus may well have been estimated much more deadly than it really is, by several orders of magnitude.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2020, 02:29:26 PM »
Here is some stupidity:

The wife is going to be pretty pissed if she ends up with reduced function for life due to this. PT and OT sometimes has a time limit on effectiveness. And if you do it wrong, you could make things worse.

The wife won't be lucky to end up with reduced function if she's dies before that.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2020, 02:37:33 PM »
Seems this virus may well have been estimated much more deadly than it really is, by several orders of magnitude.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-coronavirus-as-deadly-as-they-say-11585088464

I have no idea what the actual death rate of Corona virus is, and I don't think anyone really knows since there's limited testing around the world.

What I do know is that ICU's in my country are getting very crowded and that's after cancelling basically all surgery except emergency surgery. Based on the current rates of infection they expect them to be at full capacity next week. So whatever the theorerical death rate is, the amount of people getting severely ill is so significant that our health system can barely cope after sending almost everyone else home. So there's definitely a big thing going on.

GreenEggs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2020, 04:01:36 PM »

You can enjoy Easter Sunday in church with Trump & the WSJ.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2020, 04:02:37 PM »

I have no idea what the actual death rate of Corona virus is, and I don't think anyone really knows since there's limited testing around the world.

What I do know is that ICU's in my country are getting very crowded and that's after cancelling basically all surgery except emergency surgery. Based on the current rates of infection they expect them to be at full capacity next week. So whatever the theorerical death rate is, the amount of people getting severely ill is so significant that our health system can barely cope after sending almost everyone else home. So there's definitely a big thing going on.

Exactly.   There are two death rates -- once the health care system is overwhelmed the death rate is way worse.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »

You can enjoy Easter Sunday in church with Trump & the WSJ.

And maybe eat some chocolate bunnies and Easter eggs dyed green.

Ha ha!

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »
Here is some stupidity:

The wife won't be lucky to end up with reduced function if she's dies before that.

Yes, but I strongly object to what sounds like a husband banning individuals providing care to his wife WITHOUT her input or agreement. Sure, maybe that part happened. But that's not what he said happened. So he gets shit from me - either for being a shit by dictating her care without her agreement, or by making it sound like that's what happened.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »

Saw this earlier. Atlanta, GA's ICUs are reported to be at capacity. Atlanta is huge population center, and I haven't heard that they've been staying home for 2 weeks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/489374-atlanta-mayor-explains-decision-to-impose-stricter-restrictions-than

GreenEggs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2020, 05:39:30 PM »
Here's a US county-by-county COVID-19 infection #'s map on Weather Underground.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?covid=1&lat=35.45&lon=-81&cm_ven=covid-map

lutorm

• Stubble
« Reply #438 on: March 25, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
Saw this earlier. Atlanta, GA's ICUs are reported to be at capacity. Atlanta is huge population center, and I haven't heard that they've been staying home for 2 weeks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/489374-atlanta-mayor-explains-decision-to-impose-stricter-restrictions-than
Maybe once we see what happens to cities that go "oh, our ICUs are full, maybe we should make people stay at home" and then try to handle the unavoidable next few doublings of cases that are already in the pipeline, people will get the picture that you do not want to get behind this thing. Too bad people will have to die to make the point.

wenchsenior

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #439 on: March 25, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?covid=1&lat=35.45&lon=-81&cm_ven=covid-map

This map is really interesting. However, going by the numbers reported for my county, it's way out of date.  Our county has almost 10x the number of cases reported here (as of yesterday).

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:09 PM »

It makes me wonder if the people blowing off the risk have ever had or known somebody with pneumonia.  You don't have to die from this thing for you and the community to be royally screwed by it.

BECABECA

• Bristles
  • Retired since July 2017, not bored yet!
« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »

Maybe once we see what happens to cities that go "oh, our ICUs are full, maybe we should make people stay at home" and then try to handle the unavoidable next few doublings of cases that are already in the pipeline, people will get the picture that you do not want to get behind this thing. Too bad people will have to die to make the point.

Exactly. I think we will very soon see this with Florida, which has basically taken the stance that the US as a whole took a few weeks ago, which was just to close its borders and pretend like it was an external problem.

Heres an interesting site that models when each state will hit that oh, our ICUs are full point of no return, based on each ones current cases, their current shelter in place vs social distancing vs nothing policy, and their number of ICU beds:
https://covidactnow.org/

GreenEggs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2020, 09:09:36 PM »

This map is really interesting. However, going by the numbers reported for my county, it's way out of date.  Our county has almost 10x the number of cases reported here (as of yesterday).

Sorry to hear that.  I had no way to check.  I like their weather info & assumed that they had the current COVID-19 data for their map.  Hopefully they'll improve the update accuracy soon.

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #443 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »
Two people died in my state, the first two victims. They were both in their 70s. Our state chief medical officer just said that the particularly high risk group is people over 65 and/or people with one or more co-morbidities. Of all the people in ICU, only one is in their 30s. However, our state's infection tracking also shows that the most popular age group to have the virus is those aged 25-29. This tells me that the virus certainly does become much more dangerous as your age advances.

TeeNixx

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #444 on: March 25, 2020, 09:25:37 PM »
Here is an article from The New Yorker on some lessons learned from treating the pandemic at the front lines.
It's a bit more uplifting than most. A glimmer of hope?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/keeping-the-coronavirus-from-infecting-health-care-workers/amp

DaMa

• Bristles
« Reply #445 on: March 25, 2020, 10:17:37 PM »
My son, a LEO, called me two days ago to tell me to pack a bug out bag.  I said as long as the grocery stores are open, we'll be fine.  At least until the hospitals start turning sick people away.

News today - the Metro Detroit hospitals are almost to capacity.  Boy, that was fast.

Villanelle

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #446 on: March 26, 2020, 01:00:31 AM »
A casual friend now has it. Her 80 yo father, with whom she has been staying, is hospitalized, on a respirator, and doctors are not saying good things.  His positive test is back.  Her's is still out, but it's pretty clear she has it.  She is in her late 20s or early 30s and said she has never experienced anything like this.  Her descriptions are terrifying and heartbreaking.  She's still at home, at least for now.

It also makes me irrationally (or perhaps it is entirely rational) at the people who continue to deny this.  And continue to defy the things that are going to help prevent some of this extreme suffering.  And make no mistake--it is *suffering*.  And the longer these selfish assholes keep going to the beach and church and restaurants, the longer the rest of us who are doing the right thing have to continue with these measures.

I'm on week 4 of near entire social isolation.  I started early because I could and it seemed like the right thing.  At the time, I didn't fear the disease, and I thought I was just doing it for the community.  Now, I'm also scared for myself and my family.  It's not the flu, even for young people.  It's not pneumonia.  It's cruel and painful and hope-stealing and awful in a way that I can't put in to words. 

And I feel like we are at the beginning of the suffering here in most of the US. 

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #447 on: March 26, 2020, 02:53:29 AM »
A casual friend now has it. Her 80 yo father, with whom she has been staying, is hospitalized, on a respirator, and doctors are not saying good things.  His positive test is back.  Her's is still out, but it's pretty clear she has it.  She is in her late 20s or early 30s and said she has never experienced anything like this.  Her descriptions are terrifying and heartbreaking.  She's still at home, at least for now.

It also makes me irrationally (or perhaps it is entirely rational) at the people who continue to deny this.  And continue to defy the things that are going to help prevent some of this extreme suffering.  And make no mistake--it is *suffering*.  And the longer these selfish assholes keep going to the beach and church and restaurants, the longer the rest of us who are doing the right thing have to continue with these measures.

I'm on week 4 of near entire social isolation.  I started early because I could and it seemed like the right thing.  At the time, I didn't fear the disease, and I thought I was just doing it for the community.  Now, I'm also scared for myself and my family.  It's not the flu, even for young people.  It's not pneumonia.  It's cruel and painful and hope-stealing and awful in a way that I can't put in to words. 

And I feel like we are at the beginning of the suffering here in most of the US.

I think you're right, unfortunately. You have an awful pandemic situation, a terrible health system, and massive mis-management. We're all in lockdown or at some point in this nasty situation, but the world is looking at USA watching a train wreck happening. It's awful.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #448 on: March 26, 2020, 03:34:32 AM »
fox4news
9 hours ago

man took fish tank cleaner to prevent coronavirus infection and died ... Officials say both were taken to a Banner Health hospital for immediate treatment

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #449 on: March 26, 2020, 04:06:41 AM »

But.. there is already plenty of cities that can be an example.

Exactly this happened to Wuhan. Then it happened to Bergamo/Northern Italy. Then it happened to Madrid.

Why do people need the example to be in their own area to see the urgency even though they know cases are already doubling every few days in their area/state/country?