Author Topic: Complainypants about CapitalOne360  (Read 8830 times)

iamsoners

• Stubble
Complainypants about CapitalOne360
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
I haven't been able to deposit checks via image upload all week!!  waaah!

I feel like I have a little bit of the Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy syndrome--I didn't even know I could deposit checks via upload until six months ago now I'm appalled at the thought of having to mail these checks in.

In the back of my mind, I do hope it's not a sign about things to come at CapitalOne

igthebold

• Bristles
Re: Complainypants about CapitalOne360
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »
For what it's worth BankSimple has been having similar troubles off and on recently. It may have to do with a third-party provider more than with CapitalOne's corporateness. :)

mm31

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:23:52 PM »
Here I thought you were going to complain about the very low APY, that keeps getting lower every month :)

amustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
I think this is not a case of complainypants, but what is in your back of your mind. Capital One is the scummiest of the scum, and I have moved over to Ally because of the change from ING to Capital One. Expect more problems and difficulties with them.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:39:23 PM »
I think this is not a case of complainypants, but what is in your back of your mind. Capital One is the scummiest of the scum, and I have moved over to Ally because of the change from ING to Capital One. Expect more problems and difficulties with them.
It sounds like you have a gripe with them, why? Legitimately curious, I don't qualify for their 360 service but aside from a very shitty website and stupid tv ads, I don't see it.

BTW, if anyone is looking for an online savings account only (say, for an emergency fund), barclays US currently offers 1.00% APY, the highest I could find.

dobatseatcats

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »
What happens when you try to deposit the checks via image, out of curiosity? I have an account with them too and have never had problems with the uploads, but am expecting a big freelance check later this week.

It looks like they still have the menu option for uploading images... so, is it just erroring out, or "down for maintenance," or ?????

I really hope I do not have to go back to mailing in checks... I had several freelance checks never arrive over there and had to ask my clients to reissue them. Huge PITA.

iamsoners

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »
@dobat--I start to upload my pictures but instead of moving on to the next screen I get the error message "This function is temporarily unavailable. Please try back a little later."

The interest rate obviously isn't awesome, but I'm planning on spending all this cash soon (downpayment) so I'm not willing to go rate chasing... Also, mine hasn't changed since last October, so that's something.

frugalman

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »
I just deposited a check two days ago to my former ING Electric Orange account (now Capital One 360) and it worked fine.
I have my main checking account with USB, they charge 50 cents per check deposited.  Can you believe it.  Of course, I can't start up my car and put it in drive for 50 cents, so I used to do this.  Now, I keep $5 in my EO account and deposit checks for free, then transfer the money after it is available to US Bank.

amustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
It sounds like you have a gripe with them, why? Legitimately curious, I don't qualify for their 360 service but aside from a very shitty website and stupid tv ads, I don't see it.

To boil it down, customer service. I didn't think companies so bad existed anymore. Without going to much into it, it's impossible to get a person to do anything outside of their script i.e. treat you like a person instead of a number, and they are known for their predatory practices (thankfully I never experienced that). ING was the epitome of good customer service imo. I think it's inevitable that service will slide now that Capital One bought them out, which is why I switched.

There are plenty of better options, and many more options in general for your finances. If asked, I definitely tell anyone to steer clear of Capital One. So thank you for letting me rant a bit :)

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
Now that you mention it, I had the same experience with them when I opened the Capital One card- they sound more like an answering machine than a person. In related news, I have been amazed with Discover's phone support people. US-based, super fast, really knowledgeable about their products and no corny canned jokes about the weather and whatnot.

randymarsh

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:49 PM »
I wonder if there's a difference between Capital One's general customer service and those for certain departments. When I was approved for an auto loan, a rep called me and it was a great experience. He was obviously in the United States and clearly explained the entire process of using the check they sent. Even gave me a direct number to call if I had any questions. I always hear Cap One has such bad service, but I've never experienced it myself.

Felt a little bad switching from ING/Capital One 360 to Schwab a few weeks back, but the no ATM fee made it too good to pass up.

Paul, I agree, Discover's CS is amazing! Only waited 60 seconds from entering my account number to speaking with a great rep in Utah.

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:29 PM »
This makes me sad because I work in banking and even after the merger they are still considered one of the best banks ( the ING direct now capital one 360 part).  Are you sure it's not just transition/buyout pains?  I have a few friends that work there that say for their part, except difficulties merging software, nothing has changed for customers from old ING direct to now.  The customer service is still the same, the products haven't changed (the rates have been down since 2008), the same people are still there.

Sunflower

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
I uploaded a check a couple days ago (Friday maybe?) without any problems. I'm sticking with CapitalOne360 (despite the stupid name) until things actually start to change.

m8547

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
The new debit card they sent me for my checking account is an ugly red color, and the back isn't upside-down any more. I think I'll keep using the old card until it stops working then move my money somewhere else.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
Capital One credit cards can be customized for free so I did order a new one. Maybe debit cards can be too? I felt a little bad thinking about the extra waste (plastic, shipping), but damn, my wallet looks a lot better now.

vern

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26:42 AM »
I like Capital One because they don't charge extra fees for overseas use.

I haven't had a problem with them yet.