Author Topic: cFIREsim Question  (Read 2384 times)

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
cFIREsim Question
« on: April 06, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
cFIREsim is not allowing me to input anything for portfolio allocation, i.e., % of equities, bonds, cash, fees, growth of cash. All those fields are blank. Not zero, blank. When I click on the fields the cursor appears, but when I type, nothing appears on the screen...

I've tried clearing the browser history, closing the browser and reopening it, shutting the computer down and restarting it, but I'm still having the same problem. The program has worked fine for me in the past, as recently as yesterday, using the same computer (Chromebook).

What am I doing wrong?

I've tried posting my question on the forum at cFIREsim, but for some reason my post hasn't appeared yet. Maybe it's awaiting moderation??.....

Thanks in advance for your help.

morning owl

• Stubble
Re: cFIREsim Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:33:21 AM »
I've noticed that I can't fill in those fields on an iPad mini, or if my browser window is too small. Can you increase the size of your browser window until you see the default numbers in there?

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
I've had the same problem on my iPad but it works fine on my laptop

bludreamin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
I had this happen to me in chrome on my desktop and realized it was a combo of having the window smaller (not maximized) AND zoomed in (think it was at 120% from viewing another website)

Shane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded. As soon as I read your suggestions, I realized what was going on. I had my browser window zoomed which made it impossible to see the numbers which were in the boxes. Problem solved. :)