Sorta found this thread accidentally, so many recent things to celebrate!
1) Got a small bonus ($400) by switching to the HDHP instead of the EPO I had when I joined the company (for 2 months). Employer gives a set amount towards insurance, the HDHP is about $700/yr less than the EPO (which is ~ what the employer will pay for without me contributing). I got $400 of that, and next year they will contribute towards the HSA and make it policy.
2) I got an IRA after finding MMM, and I will fully fund it using my e-fund (it's a Roth).
3) Maxing the HSA I got after finding MMM.
4) I am moving. Just signed the lease on the shiny old apartment (really good deal for the area, rent controlled, etc). $951/mo rent. Moving + deposit + first month's rent is expensive, however (~$3k). My mustache is currently sad about this, but I'm happy.
5) I have access to a 401(k) now, but I don't make enough to max it yet (:()