Hello everybody! As we're preparing our 2016 financial plan, I've reflected on how far we've come over the last 3 years.
End of 2012:
- $15,000 student loans
- $15,000 other loans
- $22,000 credit card
- $15,000 total investments
= $37,000 in debt
2013/2014 (most importantly): bought a house, got married, had a baby!!!
End of 2015:
- no debt (except mortgage)
- two masters degrees
- $200,000 in home equity (thank you San Diego real estate market)
- $130,000 in investments/savings
- new job paying 30% more
- planning to max all retirement accounts in 2016, plus some investment accounts to get over a 50% SR
- mint says net worth is just shy of $350,000
(No, the wifey is not a sugar momma, but she is my inspiration to save more and spend less money, so I can spend more time with my family)
Happy New Years!!!