Author Topic: Can you help me please locate this book (available only in Germany!)  (Read 4187 times)

Jess2014

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
http://www.amazon.de/B%C3%B6rsenkrimi-Ingeborg-Mootz-B%C3%B6rsenomi-bekannt/dp/B004GXLRFE

Hello Everyone :)

I'm trying to locate the above book and having tried all other avenues, thought I might try here on this forum, since it is an 'international' group of likeminded folk...

It's a 95 page paperback written by Ingeborg Mootz (I believe she may well have self-published).  The above link is for the German Amazon (I think) but the book is unavailable.  It wasn't published eons ago so I'm not sure why it is unavailable.  I'm not sure why the link is not showing 'live'!  I tried it twice...  Forgive me, I'm not a techie.

In a nutshell, this lady is a pensioner and only started investing in her 70s and has done very well; since I rather enjoy personal finance books, I'm particularly intrigued by this one and would love to read it.

I've had several people (locally) (who speak German - I do not) tell me that the book is only available in some universities in Germany.  Herein lies my dilemma...  Does anyone in Germany have any light bulb ideas on how I could possibly get my hands on a copy please? 

And now the answer to the obvious question you may be thinking :) (if I don't speak German, how can I read it?); I was thinking I'd have it translated at the college I attend by a fellow student (since it's relatively short :)!)

In anticipation, thank you very much for any advice you can throw my way in laying my hands on what seems to be a rather elusive book (understatement!)

Jess :)

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Can you help me please locate this book (available only in Germany!)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
Could your college's library request it through inter-library loan?

I looked at a couple of German used-book sites but it's unavailable there as well.  I found a request for it  on a forum from 2009, and the only person who had one said it sold for about 50 euros on Ebay.  I looked on German Ebay, but no luck there either.

If it's any consolation, most of the amazon.de reviews aren't very positive.  They say the book is short and simplistic and out of date with respect to German law.

human

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:40:17 PM »
You may have already tried alibris and abe books already but I searched for the author and found nothing on their sites. sorry not much help.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »
Cross post on the German thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jess2014

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
AManddM - thank you very much for your most helpful reply :)  Alas, I'm in college in the US so the inter-library loan route wouldn't work.  I appreciate the time you took to check it out for me and especially the update on the Amazon comments that it's rather simplistic and out of date.  Maybe I'm not missing out on much (it sounds like) but thanks again!  I had heard about this book and thought it sounded like a great read; perhaps not so much, in light of what you say...

human - thank you also; yes, like you, I have checked many sites but to no avail; I do appreciate your time in looking, thank you!

pbkmaine - I'm afraid I don't understand your comment.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
There is a thread on this forum for German Mustachians. You might get some help there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jess2014

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Ah, thank you for that pbkmaine :) very much!  I didn't realize, and obviously, that would have been a better spot to post my question...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!