Author Topic: Being Mushtachian ruined ____  (Read 32216 times)

Andy_in_Aus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Being Mushtachian ruined ____
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
Trips to Target, Homegoods, TJ Maxx, Macys', etc. where I used to troll and shop mindlessly.
Watching House Hunters, especially the new buyers.  Now they just annoy me.
Conversations with my co-workers about what they bought.  Usually it's something they have to pay off.

Went to a major shopping centre on the weekend, first time in a while - HATED every second of it!

So many people, so much mindless spending and soooo many expensive lattes (the Cafe - retail shop ratio was out of control).

I did what I needed to do and got out as quick as I could!

Thanks MMM, you've saved me many hours of idly wandering, wasting my life:)

Vorpal

• Stubble
Re: Being Mushtachian ruined ____
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
For me, Mustachianism has both ruined and saved my car hobby. I'm a "car guy" that has historically spent far too much money swapping in and out of cars every year or two (both daily drivers and fun side projects). It was great fun but also really expensive. Now I focus my energy on maintaining the daily driver cars we have and building the Triumph Spitfire I've had for 3 years now.

A side effect was getting a device that can stream netflix on my big HDTV.  The kids are watching educational cartoons on Netflix right now and we just finished watching a few bloomberg documentaries on different businesses.

If you haven't seen it already (and are interested), Cosmos (hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson) just dropped on Netflix. We've watched the first two episodes so far, and it's outstanding.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:05:39 PM by Winston »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!