Author Topic: Bamboo Bicycles  (Read 17801 times)

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
Bamboo Bicycles
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/smallbusiness/bamboo-bicycle-club/index.html?iid=hp-grid-dom

Interesting article from CNN Money. A bicycle made from slightly more green materials than normal.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
Re: Bamboo Bicycles
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »
IKEA sells a bamboo bike that also comes with a trailer. They list it online and in their catalogue. I think both are $350 ish. Pretty nice looking too.

ETA I just looked at the IKEA bike online and it said it had an aluminum frame but in its catalogue it says it's bamboo. So...not sure.

Might be regional. I can't find a bike at all on the IKEA USA site.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
Re: Bamboo Bicycles
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »
IKEA sells a bamboo bike that also comes with a trailer. They list it online and in their catalogue. I think both are $350 ish. Pretty nice looking too.

ETA I just looked at the IKEA bike online and it said it had an aluminum frame but in its catalogue it says it's bamboo. So...not sure.

Might be regional. I can't find a bike at all on the IKEA USA site.
I think you can only get it online and shipped to a local store for pick up. I saw it in the back page of their newest catalogue when I was there last.

I could find the trailer online. Didn't see a bicycle. But if it's really like the trailer - aluminum framed with bamboo accents, it's not really the same as a whole Bamboo Bicycle. 

I just thought it would be cool to make one's own bike out of green materials. And the finishes looked pretty.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!