Author Topic: 2024 FIRE Cohort  (Read 131945 times)

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
Re: 2024 FIRE Cohort
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2021, 10:54:14 AM »
I'm going to post up for March of 2024 (35).

We have hit our numbers and my SO is in the March '22 group, but I've got some serious golden handcuffs on my current project I want to see it through.

If it doesn't look like like the GHs are coming off anytime soon by '24 I'll just call it quits, hoping to OLY this, so 03/24 will (hopefully) be my backstop!

Good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:58:08 AM by Roboturner »

Blissful Biker

• Bristles
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »

2024 Cohort Friends, 

I've decided to be bold and move into the 2023 cohort.  Here's the post I made there this AM.  All the best on your FIRE journeys!

It's finally time for me to officially join this cohort too.  I've been in the 2024 cohort for about five years but was a bit conservative in the assumptions baked into my 2024 plan and have been handily beating them.  Both our savings rate and the market growth have exceeded expectations.  It feels really wonderful to shift my FIRE date closer!

This year for the first time 4% of our stash would provide an income equal to what we spent.  A fabulous milestone but I am very aware of some underlying issues:
- Our Covid spend rate is quite low.  When I retire I want the flexibility to do a bit more travel or just generally have more experiences than we had this year. 
- We had no lumpy expenses this year such as replacing the vehicle or house repairs
- The CAPE ratio is just so darn high I worry that stocks might be over valued

So I will press on and by 2023, when I am 50, the stash will be sufficient to address these concerns. 

We're a single income family with two teenagers.  DH has been the primary care giver and spoils us with his cooking.  He's very supportive of accelerating my FIRE.

Targeting May 2023, after my company shares vest in the spring and in time for a summer of biking, hiking and paddleboarding.  Ahh, I can hardly wait!

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2021, 05:24:39 AM »
Congrats Blissful Biker!

Always great to hear about someone moving up their FIRE date.

Blissful Biker

• Bristles
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2021, 07:42:34 AM »
Congrats Blissful Biker!

Thanks techwiz.  Appreciate it.

You inspired me to try the Yale Science of Happiness course and I am about 2/3rds through.  Learning a bunch and finding it worthwhile.  Thanks!

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
Congrats Blissful Biker!

Thanks techwiz.  Appreciate it.

You inspired me to try the Yale Science of Happiness course and I am about 2/3rds through.  Learning a bunch and finding it worthwhile.  Thanks!

Glad you are finding it useful, I must admit it fell off my radar during my vacation I wanted to wrap that course up (I am still on week 7).

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
And now I've signed up. Only watched the 36 second intro so far ;)

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2021, 10:59:49 AM »

Hit a new milestone of less than a thousand days to my FIRE date!

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2021, 11:02:53 PM »
I was planning on June 2024 when school let out and my birthday hit, but rolling things up updated balances I am at 79.3% of my target.  Looking more like Christmas 2023 for me, 839 days to go.  So I’ll head over to the 2023 thread.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2021, 07:00:05 AM »
I was planning on June 2024 when school let out and my birthday hit, but rolling things up updated balances I am at 79.3% of my target.  Looking more like Christmas 2023 for me, 839 days to go.  So I’ll head over to the 2023 thread.

Congrats to moving up your FIRE date!  The market has really help boost the numbers for a lot of us, maybe we will see a lot move their FIRE days up.  Based on my stache number progress I could join that group too, but I have some pension rules tied to my date. 

Anon-E-Mouze

• Stubble
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2021, 07:48:13 AM »
My husband and I have been FI for several years, but we're aiming for a stache that enables us to stay put in our home in a HCOL area of Ontario (and our house, which we bought in 2018 after moving back to Canada, is only half paid off). I also started a great role in late 2020 so I enjoy my work and my colleagues, so I'm in no great rush to retire. The work is really interesting and the firm's leadership honestly is well-meaning and compassionate, and they take concrete steps to make our work lives as pleasant as possible and help us deal with stress. (That said, I am working about 48-50 hours a week as a lawyer and wish I were working part-time.) WFH has been great, and my firm plans to introduce a flexible hybrid WFO/WFH model when things eventually return to "normal" (whatever that looks like.

I've set a date in April 2024 (my 60th birthday) to either fully retire, or reduce my hours significantly (e.g. to 24-32 hours a week) and continue for a few more years. If I'm still having a lot of fun, I'll try to go the part-time route. On the other hand, I'm very mindful of the fact that my mother died young, from lung cancer, a little more than a year after she fully retired.

My husband is naturally frugal in most areas of his life, but has a strong preference to live here, in our large house in the city. I've been much less frugal in my life until recently, but have been reining in my spending habits in a number of areas. I'd be happy living in a much smaller space, in a smaller city, with much less stuff - but I'm okay with our decision to stay here, even though it means I have to work for another few years.

I have some well-developed hobbies (fine art photography, animal rescue) that I'd like to devote more time to when my day job stops or shrinks, so I'm looking forward to the next stage of our life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:00:55 AM by Anon-E-Mouze »

PacificaFog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
OK.  I’m doing it!  I’m going to put a stake in the ground and say I’m aiming to be done with my full time paid job in 2024, probably April since that’s right after bonus/stock season.  I’ll be 52.  There’s a high likelihood we’ll have to move from our VHCOL location to make that work, but I’m OK with that.  I’m ready for the next chapter.  That said, I’m determined to ENJOY the next 3 years of work as much as I possibly can.  That’s too long a time to be miserable.

dcarroll

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2021, 07:27:10 PM »
We were originally thinking that we'd have to wait till 2031 to retire. Then I got a much better job multiple times, and my husband got consistent large raises as well. So we thought, well, this is ridiculous but maybe we will retire in 2024. Now I'm thinking we may be only 1.5 years away from getting rid of our W-2 jobs and it suddenly feels a lot more real. Excluding our house value, we are poised to enter the double comma club quite soon. Compound interest is crazy!

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2021, 12:51:22 PM »

Day's left until FIRE!

Welcome to the 2024 Cohort dcarroll PacificaFog Anon-E-Mouze.

Goanywhere

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #213 on: November 03, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
Hi everyone

My wife and I are hoping to join this cohort. In 2024 I'll be 40 and she'll be 37.

I think our biggest challenge is going to be one more year syndrome. Our household income is very high and together with our 80% saving rate it is going to be really hard to avoid the temptation of "just another year". I'm not sure about others, but linked to this I often feel guilty about retiring early with two young children who may never have the opportunity to earn the level of income I do, and is it selfish of us to give that up when in only a few short years we could provide a greater legacy for them.

I know these thoughts are stupid but nonetheless it plays on the mind.

Cheers
GA

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #214 on: November 03, 2021, 06:56:30 PM »
Hi everyone

My wife and I are hoping to join this cohort. In 2024 I'll be 40 and she'll be 37.

I think our biggest challenge is going to be one more year syndrome. Our household income is very high and together with our 80% saving rate it is going to be really hard to avoid the temptation of "just another year". I'm not sure about others, but linked to this I often feel guilty about retiring early with two young children who may never have the opportunity to earn the level of income I do, and is it selfish of us to give that up when in only a few short years we could provide a greater legacy for them.

Cheers
GA

Hi welcome to the 2024 Cohort. 

That one more year syndrome can be a challenge. If making the choice to work makes sense and is done weighing all the factors (health/time/happiness/$) another year is not always a bad thing. 

As parents we want our kids to do better than us. Looking into the future is hard and depending on your optimism or pessimistic view, things could go many different ways.

Optimistically thinking
The next generation will have endless opportunities and better things ahead as technology and advancements make a better world.

Or
Pessimistically thinking
The next generation will struggle for jobs, and have to deal with environmental and financial crises.

For my kids our FIRE plan includes helping them get an education and starting out being debt free. That will give them a boost over many others. There will always be food and roof for the kids with us if they need a backstop. 

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2021, 12:52:11 PM »

For my kids our FIRE plan includes helping them get an education and starting out being debt free. That will give them a boost over many others. There will always be food and roof for the kids with us if they need a backstop.

Love this.

Simpli-Fi

• Bristles
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2021, 08:43:54 PM »
Hi everyone

Cheers
GA

Hi welcome to the 2024 Cohort. 

That one more year syndrome can be a challenge. If making the choice to work makes sense and is done weighing all the factors (health/time/happiness/$) another year is not always a bad thing. 

As parents we want our kids to do better than us. Looking into the future is hard and depending on your optimism or pessimistic view, things could go many different ways.

Optimistically thinking
The next generation will have endless opportunities and better things ahead as technology and advancements make a better world.

Or
Pessimistically thinking
The next generation will struggle for jobs, and have to deal with environmental and financial crises.

I had similar thought/worries before downshifting…then downshifted work wasn’t enough money to put up with the headache and then quickly after that found a coast gig for less money but only a quarter of my attention is required.  So now…the situation now is, “I don’t get paid enough to stick around for this BS either”; easier to make my final step in quitting; nice glide path to no career income, and a few years of paid benefits, maxing tax sheltered investing (decreases FOMO of market gains OR maybe saving is just a hard habit to break)…life is good and looking forward to not working for someone else in 2024

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2021, 01:04:30 PM »
Still targeting 2024, but it sure would be tempting to pull the plug sooner.  Kid is sick today, trying to balance being a good parent with impending deadlines, meetings, and customer calls.  Be nice to be fully present to take care of her.  This does solidify that I'm done in 2024, life is to too short for this crap.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »
Less than 2.5 years until my FIRE date!

scantee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »
I’d like to join this group. I’ll just say my retirement date is December 31, 2024 although I’d of course like it to be earlier in the year if possible. I’ll be 47 at that time.

It feels funny to be planning on this now because I just accepted a new job. I’ve never really wanted to commit to an early retirement date, even year, because I knew I’d just feel discouraged if I had to push it back repeatedly. However, I just reran my numbers and I’m now feeling confident that this is doable for me in the near future.

Should I be able to save the same amount I have over the past few years and stay in my new role for three years I’ll be at my base early retirement amount. I’ll likely continue to work in some manner after that but will be able to leave full time employment forever!

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2021, 11:33:16 AM »
Welcome aboard scantee!

Picking a date doesn't work for everyone.  I admit to wasting too much time thinking about this countdown.  I try not to think too much about the date, but do end up looking at the countdown after a bad day at work.  ;)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2021, 11:16:16 AM »
Hi y'all. Pleased to meet you!

I think I'm OMYing myself out of 2023 into 2024. At my current job I get a lot of my total income as a bonus in February, so if Feb '23 doesn't work it'll be Feb '24. I'll be 31, almost 32, NW a bit over a million all in index funds.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2021, 12:20:29 PM »
Hi y'all. Pleased to meet you!

I think I'm OMYing myself out of 2023 into 2024. At my current job I get a lot of my total income as a bonus in February, so if Feb '23 doesn't work it'll be Feb '24. I'll be 31, almost 32, NW a bit over a million all in index funds.

Impressive NW number, being able to reach that and the option to retire early at 31 is even more impressive. There is nothing wrong with OMY'ing or moving on to other things. Once you reach FI you are in control.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2021, 12:27:54 PM »
My job is a killer though. Don't think it's the kind of job you could do 40% or even 80% of the time (I've tried)... I'm definitely looking to pull the plug the day I pass my number (whatever that is)

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2021, 06:00:47 AM »
Welcome to 2024!  As things stand now I will work the first quarter of 2024 then call it a career.  There are still a few unknowns that could extend that out a year or two but I remain both optimistic and realistic if that makes sense.  One potential issue is cash flowing daughter's college expense through 2026 but I think I can handle that during fire.  We will see.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2021, 05:36:52 AM »
How is everybody's year ending up? I just made it over the $500k mark this month, which combined with very suspect rounding makes me a millionaire :)

For me, things are looking really good for February 2024! Just need to figure out how much money I'll spend for the rest of my life and multiply it by 25 and then save that much... easy as pie! I spent something like $40k ex taxes this year (numbers still not quite final) but that was with only a partial year of rent and a couple big trips. On the other hand, I've spend most of the past five years before this one in VHCOL areas and I'll likely be moving to Chicago in a few months (which some people would call HCOL, but it doesn't even hold a candle to NYC or London).

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2021, 06:35:51 AM »
I could be 2023 or as early as 2020, it all depends on when the Army tells me it's time to go.  Doing some quick math, if the Army lets me stay until 20 years as an O-5 I'll have a pension of around $52k.  If I don't get promoted and they make me leave at 17-18 years (and they're still allowing prorated pensions) my pension will be around $37k.  Right now I have a portfolio of around $500k.  Assuming I will have a comfortable FIRE at $60k/year (what I currently live on now), I would need a portfolio of $200k-$600k to make up the difference.  If we don't have a crash in the near future I'll have that in a couple years. My wife just started working this year too.  It's not much, but it shaves a few months off.  We'll be 40 or 43 in those scenarios.

Uncle Sam told me this week that I will retire at my present rank no later than 31 Dec 2023 with a pension worth between $50k-$55k/year.  I could retire as early as Jan 2023 to receive my pension, but most likely it'll be June or later for my son to finish out that school year.  I'm still going to consider myself FIRE Class of '24. 

The next three years can be chopped up so: one more year in my current assignment, two to two and a half years in the next one, and the last half of that time will be spent preparing for retirement. That almost feels like it's around the corner instead of some nebulous future date.

Still scheduled to retire 31 Dec 2023. I'll find out my final duty station in Feb and leave Korea at the end of June. This will give me 18 months at that assignment, but they'll be lucky to get a year of productivity from me due to retirement preparations and burning off the rest of my leave. If nothing changes, my last day at work will be Aug/Sep 2023 with the rest of the year on paid leave.  Still looking at a $50k pension and currently just a few pennies shy of $2MM in the 'stash.

snowball

• Bristles
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2021, 07:55:20 AM »
How is everybody's year ending up? I just made it over the $500k mark this month, which combined with very suspect rounding makes me a millionaire :)

Ooh, I like your approach to math.  This means I am a millionaire too!  lol.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2021, 02:09:56 PM »
How is everybody's year ending up?
Surprisingly well!

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »
We are ending the year at about 950 liquid and 1.14m total. 

navyswim01

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2022, 12:33:35 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster. However, I'm going to plant a flag and say that my FIRE date will March 2024. I'm posting in here to join the cohort to continue to think through what needs to get cleaned up before I launch.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2022, 02:37:53 PM »
welcome! you and I are chronological neighbors!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2022, 07:51:35 PM »
I'm dipping out of this cohort as I'm joining the 2022 crew. 17 weeks to go before I pull the plug.  😁 This is two years ahead of the audacious stretch goal we idly set back in 2013. Since then I've gone from a NW of ~85k to just under 900k.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2022, 07:39:11 AM »
I'm dipping out of this cohort as I'm joining the 2022 crew. 17 weeks to go before I pull the plug.  😁 This is two years ahead of the audacious stretch goal we idly set back in 2013. Since then I've gone from a NW of ~85k to just under 900k.

Congratulations and great job knocking another two years off your date.

Purple_Crayon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • 2026 cohort
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2022, 11:24:09 AM »
Glad to join the cohort!

Shooting to be poetic with Independence Day, 2024. I will have no mortgage, 32x my annual spending put away, and I'll be 38 years old. It will have taken me 11 years to get there from sub-zero net worth.

Providing the start of year update.

Our stash hit 25x our 3-year average annual spending, which is fantastic. In fact, my Tarot-loving DW found the following very fascinating: if I take my 3-year average annual spending and times it by 25, I get our stash number at the end of 2021 TO THE DOLLAR. The likelihood of that seems RIDICULOUSLY low, so we both had a good laugh about it, after rechecking the math a few times.

We still feel on track for our goal of 32x for 2024. Goal for this year is to stay the course on building the stash but focusing more on lowering future recurring expenses (paying down the mortgage). We have $64k left on the mortgage and decided it was a checkbox we wanted to have taken care of before pulling the trigger.

I look forward to hearing updates from the rest of the cohort!

scantee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2022, 11:38:26 AM »
I’d like to join this group. I’ll just say my retirement date is December 31, 2024 although I’d of course like it to be earlier in the year if possible. I’ll be 47 at that time.

It feels funny to be planning on this now because I just accepted a new job. I’ve never really wanted to commit to an early retirement date, even year, because I knew I’d just feel discouraged if I had to push it back repeatedly. However, I just reran my numbers and I’m now feeling confident that this is doable for me in the near future.

Should I be able to save the same amount I have over the past few years and stay in my new role for three years I’ll be at my base early retirement amount. I’ll likely continue to work in some manner after that but will be able to leave full time employment forever!

My first year end update since joining this group.

I ended the year at 67% of the amount I’d like to have by the end of 2024. I don’t plan on ending work entirely at that point so this is actually not my full fire amount. However, I do plan to stop working full time for someone else and this amount puts me well on my way to my full fire goal.

I first learned of the fire movement about twelve years ago. Often times my progress has felt painfully slow, particularly compared to a lot of people here. Changing jobs four years ago helped immensely. I will likely save more in the coming year than my entire salary at my previous job. Even if returns are flat over the next three years I will get very close the amount I need to leave full time work.

A few notes about my situation: I am only including my own invested and investable savings in my calculations. I am partnered but since he has zero interest in early retirement I only track my own investments. He has a similar amount of investments as me. We also have around $100k equity in our house plus around $80k in college savings for our kids. These are likewise not included in my calculations.

jlcnuke

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2022, 04:34:21 PM »
Still looking good for a 2024 retirement right now. For those on the "by the very end of 2024" path, Dec 31st, 2024 is only:
DAYS
Time until Tuesday, December 31, 2024 (Atlanta time)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/retirement?iso=20241231T15&p0=25&msg=Retirement&ud=2&font=cursive

navyswim01

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2022, 04:45:09 PM »
Still looking good for a 2024 retirement right now. For those on the "by the very end of 2024" path, Dec 31st, 2024 is only:
DAYS
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/retirement?iso=20241231T15&p0=25&msg=Retirement&ud=2&font=cursive

I see you were a submariner. Show me a picture of your dog tag chain counter that you shorten every day and I'll really believe it!

jlcnuke

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #238 on: January 04, 2022, 04:59:35 PM »
DAYS

I see you were a submariner. Show me a picture of your dog tag chain counter that you shorten every day and I'll really believe it!

We did Tube Days.... #boomerlife

Not sure I even have my dog tags anymore....

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2022, 06:53:38 AM »
Happy New Year everyone, love reading the progress everyone is making.  We are still on track for 2024 where I can end my corporate work life.  Now I find my mind shifting to: "Now you don't have to work for money, what do you really want to do with your life?"  Lot's of exciting options, I now have a list of over 25 things I'd like to explore.  I guess I won't be bored.  Stay healthy everyone!!!

Cool Hwhip

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2022, 06:25:55 PM »
Summer of 2024 is the plan right now. My wife and I will be 57. We still need to meet some savings goals and would like to make a downsizing move in the next year or two. It sure helps to read about others experiences!

Well, it has been a few years since this post. We are still on track for June 2024. Our financial position is stronger than we anticipated due to the market performance and our savings rate. I have really enjoyed the journey to this point. Tracking expenses, looking for ways to optimize spending, taking in all the great information in this community and planning for retirement. My wife is a teacher and in order to take advantage of an important pension benefit, she has to wait until June 2024. Maybe, I will end a year sooner and go hike the AT. 😁

navyswim01

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #241 on: January 17, 2022, 07:12:32 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster. However, I'm going to plant a flag and say that my FIRE date will March 2024. I'm posting in here to join the cohort to continue to think through what needs to get cleaned up before I launch.

Welp. My wife just told me she wants me to take a sabbatical in January of 2023. I'm going to hold out for March 2023, because of my annual bonus, but I'm excited to cut a year off based on her suggestion.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2022, 08:50:00 AM »

To my FIRE date!

The countdown keeps ticking away, hard to believe the first month of 2022 is almost over.  The market has been moving my portfolio in the wrong direction for the last few weeks, but I have no plans to change course. These corrections provide me the option to buy the index while it's on sale!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 09:19:33 AM by techwiz »

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2022, 02:47:29 PM »
I think we are still on track for 1Q 2024.  We probably need $1.1 liquid, which should be doable. Current market is no biggie I hope, plenty of time to get there.

ardrum

• Stubble
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2022, 10:39:27 AM »
Hello 2024 FIRE Cohort!

I was formerly in the 2023 cohort, but in re-calculating my situation including increased travel and inflation trends, I am OMYing from that cohort into this one.  I still think it will be a significant challenge, but my current goal is to reach FI by the end of 2024.

I will be 41 in December 2024, my new goal.

ardrum

• Stubble
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2022, 10:51:44 AM »

Crap that makes me stuck at $0. 

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2022, 11:09:38 AM »
I'm still a millionaire but it's a closer thing than it used to be

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
Hello 2024 FIRE Cohort!

I was formerly in the 2023 cohort, but in re-calculating my situation including increased travel and inflation trends, I am OMYing from that cohort into this one.  I still think it will be a significant challenge, but my current goal is to reach FI by the end of 2024.

I will be 41 in December 2024, my new goal.

Sorry to hear about the OMY, however you are always welcome to join us in the 2024 cohort.

techwiz

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2022, 11:21:52 AM »

Crap that makes me stuck at $0.

We never round down, got to keep it positive! ;)

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2022, 09:05:25 PM »
Well things went sideways at work.  I quit a month ago, so I am now RE.  We are not quite FI, but 80% there.  My wife wasn’t ready to leave work anyway, so new plan is to live off her salary while we are on track to coast-FIRE in another few years.