Author Topic: 2023 FIRE cohort  (Read 202897 times)

erutio

• Pencil Stache
Re: 2023 FIRE cohort
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:59 AM »
I'm going to put my name into the 2023 cohort. 

I will reach 5 years service time with the feds on 10/1/2022, at which time I become vested in the pension plan, with limited annuity options.  However, there is no way I'm staying for the next threshold, which is at 10 years service time.

I plan to use the rest of 2022 and the first half of 2023 to get my ducks in a row, mentally prepare myself, run the numbers, and run the numbers some more.  I'll put my date tentatively as 7/1/2023.  Depending on market or my mood/health, that date may  move up or down, but I expect to be squarely within 2023 as my RE date.

PhrugalPhan

• Bristles
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
Damn straight Phrugal!  If my wife had that kind of bank I’d be retired right now!  You giving any consideration to pulling the chord sooner?
I consider pulling the cord from time to time, but I would leave an F-ton of money on the table if I left now (damn golden handcuffs).  So for now I am deciding to pad the stache, though I am taking more time off and using FU money at work - basically not giving an F what people think of me there.  It hasn't come back to bite me - yet.

Once the GF moves in with me and life is more settled we will start to work on our long term plans (fix up my place to sell down the road, determine what our life will be and where we will live).  For now she is very supportive of me continuing working - we'll see if that holds over the next year.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »
You can add me to the class of 2023.  Shooting for May.

==============
Target $$$ amount...
==============
640K in retirement accounts currently 80% stocks / 20 % bonds
Saving 60K / year
Looking for 1-1.2 M target for a 40-48K draw down (4%)

==================================
Sources of passive / semi-passive income after FIRE...
==================================
Goal is to save 240K in liquid assets by 2023 from the 60K / year.
Pension 20K/year at 55 y/o. Currently 48

=============================
What you plan to do after you achieve FIRE...
=============================

Travel the US in an RV
Sleep in
Read
Blog

======================================
and any other items of interest that you think are relevant...
======================================
Zero debt
Good paying job - 7 weeks of vacation
Hope to consult during retirement.

Missy B

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2019, 12:05:02 AM »
I'm aiming at 2023/24. My first goal is to cover basic living expenses, and I think I'll hit that target within 2 years. If dividend growth and savings are healthy, I would exceed my present spend in another 2-3 years.
That's basing it on dividends, not a 4% withdrawal rate.
I may keep working part-time to pay living expenses and let the the stash grow for a couple more years. I can make good money part-time, it's more a question of how it impacts other things I want to do and how I am physically. I have an investment property which if we don't live in once we retire I'd rather sell and invest the money. Taxwise it makes more sense. BF has recovered from his spendypants youth and is now a fierce saver, but far behind savings-wise. He does have a condo that he could rent out if we moved to my place, and that would cover his living expenses.

Slow road to freedom

• Bristles
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »
Hi folks

I’m sad and happy in equal measure - I’m moving to the 2022 cohort!

Thank you for your support, and good luck everyone. Who knows, I might just get OMY syndrome and seek forgiveness to rejoin ;-)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2019, 10:20:01 PM »
niiiiiice

Congrats dude!

J.R. Ewing

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2019, 11:31:35 AM »
Hi Folks.  I'm a 40 year old man (heh).  My wife is 37.  We're aiming for November of 2023, but the way things are going it could very well be in the spring.  I was 68% of the way there in March and that's blossomed to 73% as of today. 

We have a lot to figure out between now and then, namely where we're going to live.  Houston is a good city in a miserable climate, with a poor tax situation.  The combined property tax, insurance, and flood insurance on our modest 2600 sq ft 1958 home is $11,000 / year.  Yeah, I  know. 

I look forward to counting down the months with you all. 

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
Hi Folks.  I'm a 40 year old man (heh).  My wife is 37.  We're aiming for November of 2023, but the way things are going it could very well be in the spring.  I was 68% of the way there in March and that's blossomed to 73% as of today. 

We have a lot to figure out between now and then, namely where we're going to live.  Houston is a good city in a miserable climate, with a poor tax situation.  The combined property tax, insurance, and flood insurance on our modest 2600 sq ft 1958 home is $11,000 / year.  Yeah, I  know. 

I look forward to counting down the months with you all.

Welcome to the party.  Sounds like you're well on the way.  $11K a year is shocking.

garyjames8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • 50 / 63% SR / RE Targets: 31.12.2024 & AU$1million
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2019, 06:34:26 AM »
Hello again 2023 FIRE Cohort,

Just touching base with my June 30, 2019 financial year report

I am currently at 55.8% towards my RE Net Worth figure of AU$1,000,000.

Savings rate for most recent financial year 58.7%.  Lower than previous 8 years due mainly to buying an investment property in England.

1.  Target RE date: November 27, 2023. (91.8%).
2.  Target RE Net Worth: AU$1,000,000. (55.8%).
3.  Target RE Semi Passive Annual Income:  AU$52,000 (36.0%).

Kind Regards,

Gary

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2019, 04:13:55 AM »

A little about me-  34, married with 3 kids (oldest is 4).  Current stash is $830k and by 2023 i'm hoping that will be at $1.5M.  This isn't counting home equity which is a little over $200k at the moment.  Our plan has always been to leave here (moderately HCOL) and move back to our lower COL hometown where most of our friends and family live.  I am thinking that if we have around $300k in equity, that will be more than enough to cover a great house in cash and then will have $60k/year to pull out of the $1.5M stash.  This is more than we need but I like having the flexibility and safety of being able to live on <4%.  You never know what the future will bring and I know that I am way too risk averse to leave a cushy job unless I have more than enough.  To be honest, I will probably pick up some sort of part time job since I won't even be 40 and the kids will be in school all day, so I am going to be way over-doing it but that is the grand plan for now.

Welcome!  Sounds like a good plan. 

What do you have your stash invested in?

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »

A little about me-  34, married with 3 kids (oldest is 4).  Current stash is $830k and by 2023 i'm hoping that will be at $1.5M.  This isn't counting home equity which is a little over $200k at the moment.  Our plan has always been to leave here (moderately HCOL) and move back to our lower COL hometown where most of our friends and family live.  I am thinking that if we have around $300k in equity, that will be more than enough to cover a great house in cash and then will have $60k/year to pull out of the $1.5M stash.  This is more than we need but I like having the flexibility and safety of being able to live on <4%.  You never know what the future will bring and I know that I am way too risk averse to leave a cushy job unless I have more than enough.  To be honest, I will probably pick up some sort of part time job since I won't even be 40 and the kids will be in school all day, so I am going to be way over-doing it but that is the grand plan for now.

Welcome!  Sounds like a good plan. 

What do you have your stash invested in?

It is tough being really on top of things when there are so many different buckets with different providers... 401k's, rollover IRAs, 2 roths, 403b, taxable, etc

For sure.  I've been rolling over funds from past employers to try and consolidate things.  One of my previous accounts makes up 1/2 my total net worth, so I've been moving it in partial chunks to take some of the risk out of moving the funds.  Overall, I've actually made a small amount of money from the movement since I initiated the transfer and then the stock marked dropped during the re-investment. 

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »

But I don't want to wish this time away, daydreaming about our FIRE life.  I need to do all that I can do to improve my life RIGHT NOW and make this next 4 years as enjoyable as possible.  Even if everything seems to be on autopilot at the moment in regards to work and finances.

I feel the same.  I want to improve my life and create an environment that I can be happy in post FI.  I've been so wrapped up in work over my lifetime, that I'm not sure who I am without my work or my degree.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »
We are moving bravely forward.  Investment balance is $582k.  Mortgage balance is {$115k}.  Trying to get to $1m and {$0}, respectively.

Wanttobehome

• Stubble
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
Year one- 2017 planned to pay off mortgage, travel, try going car free, maintain health, go sim only.
Mortgage paid off, been on holiday, planned the next. Did not go car free but car share with my youngest daughter. Received a new unlocked phone for Christmas so will be similar free once contract ends.

Year two - 2018  save, travel, maintain health
Savings set up on auto pay, continue pension contributions, losing weight and eating healthier. Cruise planned for this year, nearly paid off. Now mortgage paid I can ramp up my savings. Started getting some of the larger jobs done on the house new boiler fitted in 2017 need to pace myself with work on the house.

Year three from the start of my  journey to freedom - 2019 travelled to Thailand, canoing,snorkeling and cooking, savings not really on track, but will resolve this next year. Still healthy, had some screening done no issues found and no regular medications or surgery I'm happy with that. Pension contributions maintained over the year.

Year four- 2020 save travel,maintain health,  same again planning a cruise up the Baltic and a visit to St Petersburg. I am thinking better to do some long trips while I can still explore on foot.

Year five - 2021 save, travel, get all outstanding jobs on house completed,maintain health

Year six -2022  live as if retired make sure I can do it, ensure all training up to date, in case want to go part time,maintain health. Considering part time for last six months in different role, I will decide nearer the time.

2023  - retire in May

Still on track

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2019, 05:02:46 AM »

But I don't want to wish this time away, daydreaming about our FIRE life.  I need to do all that I can do to improve my life RIGHT NOW and make this next 4 years as enjoyable as possible.  Even if everything seems to be on autopilot at the moment in regards to work and finances.

Exactly - Same here.  We're crossing some bucket list things off that we probably won't do in the early years of FIRE (e.g. vacation to Hawaii).

I'm trying to define the life that I want now so that I don't FIRE and ask - what next?

Valvore

• Stubble
  • Formerly known as FireryFIRE
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:41 AM »
Okay everyone, we are in the home stretch of 2019. What is your year end goal and are you on track?

My year end goal is 165K retirement & 10K savings (for bathroom remodel and EF) and we're on track for 162K & 8K savings. Need to cut back in spending and sell 2 extra mattresses we have around the house to make up some of the difference.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »
Im aiming for 150k and a sideways market should juuuuuust get me there. Then all I have to do is save $100k next year and I can graduate from the 250k thread!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:27:36 PM by grantmeaname »

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2019, 05:52:00 PM »
Year End Goal is 661K and I'm currently at 676K. 

Savings rate 50.7%

Still on track to retire 1/1/2023

Valvore

• Stubble
  • Formerly known as FireryFIRE
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2019, 09:53:46 AM »
Im aiming for 150k and a sideways market should juuuuuust get me there. Then all I have to do is save $100k next year and I can graduate from the 250k thread!

I'm in the 205K thread too and I feel like I'll be there forever! My (stretch) goal is to get to 250K by late February 2021. Realistically I'm on track to hit it in July 2021. What about you?

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2019, 12:52:20 PM »
Hopefully I hit $250k in December of '20, and $500k in 2022, but we will see. A lot depends on my bonus and how the markets do next year, and moving to a cheaper housing situation certainly wouldn't hurt either.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2019, 06:54:16 AM »
Invested = $601.  Mortgage = {$114}.  Progress!

PhrugalPhan

• Bristles
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
Ok everyone, Christmas is coming up, but so is the end of the year.  Time to get your numbers together and get ready to go over how we've done getting a year closer to leaving the workforce.  Lets hear how this was a successful 2019.

friedmmj

• Bristles
« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2019, 11:00:53 AM »
Ok everyone, Christmas is coming up, but so is the end of the year.  Time to get your numbers together and get ready to go over how we've done getting a year closer to leaving the workforce.  Lets hear how this was a successful 2019.
Hello everyone.  Just a quick update.  I guess most notable item is that I am now resolved on moving up retirement date to June 2022.  Of course, markets could get in the way, so I might be back in this group at any moment along the way.

The markets have been insanely good this year.  it makes me wish my equity allocation was more like Phrugal's.  I've dialed it back to 55% of retirement accounts and 60% of total NW.  Nervous about the pending correction, but I don't want to get too conservative with the allocation.

1) Total NW is now a tad over $1.8M of which about 150K of that set aside for college tuition for the two youngest.
2) Retirement accounts zoomed right past $1M in November with an insane investment return of around $150K. 
3) Retirement allocation is sitting at 55% stock, 36% bond (including cash value of pension annuity), and 9% cash.
4) As the markets have raced up, re-balanced a few times peeling 20-30k at a time out of the stock portion and into bonds.
5) Paid $20k against principal of home mortgage.  Balance is now sitting at $92k.
6) Invested in some REITs and MLPs in my IRAs and Taxable accounts trying to chase some yield in place of high bond allocation.
7) HSA is up to $14k but we paid out $4k in out of pocket medical expenses out of regular cash flow.  Including this in retirement allocation above.
8) Still unsure of budget for health premiums in early retirement (ages 55-62).  My company partially subsidizes the premium but they can't (or won't) tell me how much that will cost.  I could look at ACA if they are not competitive, but would prefer to stay with company plan since it includes free health premiums from age 62 to 65 when Medicare kicks in.
9) RSUs and NQSOs have continued to skyrocket adding about $100k to my NW.  This is due for a correction and presents mini dilemma on whether to cash in now or wait until 2023 when tax bracket will be lower.
10) Currently at 80% of total NW goal of $2.1M.  Plan to spend about $100k per year in retirement.

ExitViaTheCashRamp

• Bristles
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2019, 12:43:03 PM »
Planned get out date in June 2023 with £220k cash and £251K in our pensions... With the stockmarket so high, we crossed the pension threshold this weekend ! Can't see it staying there for long though, so still dropping in £500 a month into the pensions. Approx £96K outside the pension right now so we have 43 months to go need to save approx £2.9k per month... which is in theory about 72% savings rate... but this rate excludes one off lump sums and investment growth, so I am not too worried we won't make it.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2019, 04:21:08 AM »
December 2019 Update - 3 yrs, 8 days to retirement

401K/403B Savings - 701K
Pension Value - 276K (NPV using 4% discount rate)

Changed asset allocation to 60% Stocks/39% bonds/1% individual stocks (AAPL).  This is more a comfort thing rather than anything else.  As my portfolio has grown, I've been aware that a major pullback would delay my retirement date.  I'd rather have some comfort in diversification - I've been 100% in equities until recently.  After reading more on ERN, using FireCalc, and others I decided to make the change.  I do think we'll have a correction at some point within the near future. 

46% savings rate

Still on track for 1/1/23

friedmmj

• Bristles
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2019, 05:00:28 AM »

401K/403B Savings - 701K

Changed asset allocation to 60% Stocks/39% bonds/1% individual stocks (AAPL).  This is more a comfort thing rather than anything else.  As my portfolio has grown, I've been aware that a major pullback would delay my retirement date.  I'd rather have some comfort in diversification - I've been 100% in equities until recently.  After reading more on ERN, using FireCalc, and others I decided to make the change.  I do think we'll have a correction at some point within the near future. 

46% savings rate

Thanks for the update!  What type of fund or bonds do you have within your bond allocation?  Mine is primarily comprised of NERYX and VIPIX.  What assets are you holding outside of retirement accounts?  I have about 300k in vested RSUs and NQSOs as well as about $200k in taxable investments and emergency savings at online banks.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2019, 05:36:27 AM »

401K/403B Savings - 701K

46% savings rate

Thanks for the update!  What type of fund or bonds do you have within your bond allocation?  Mine is primarily comprised of NERYX and VIPIX.  What assets are you holding outside of retirement accounts?  I have about 300k in vested RSUs and NQSOs as well as about $200k in taxable investments and emergency savings at online banks.

I use the VBTLX - Vanguard Total Bond Index.

For equities I use VINIX - Vanguard Institutional Index (S&P 500 Index) or some variant depending on the account (e.g. VIIIX)

What about you?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:07:30 PM by RWTL »

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
$614k invested.  {$112k} mortgage balance. 

PhrugalPhan

• Bristles
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »
OK, time for the 2019 review.

==============
Investments
==============
To start - my investments ended the year at $1,090,000, a fabulous number.  A great year for me investment wise, but given the big drop at the end of 2018 it inflates the returns for 2019.  So two ways to look at it for me.  For the last year they increased $265k (with $51k of additions) (amazing), OR for the last two years the investments grew $249k (with $104k of that my additions / contributions) (pretty darn good on an annual basis, but nothing like 2017).  I think the more realistic numbers come from looking at the last two years.  Will this keep up - who knows?  Due to having a pension I have been going near 95% stocks and I am starting to consider cutting back on the stock allocation starting this year. 

Also I have one more year added to my pension so that now the vested yearly pension is $34k though I have to keep with the job to 2023 to get that.  I have a discounted early retirement option I can start getting around the end of June 2020 (would be around $22k).  Nice to know I am pretty well set at this point.

===============
Everything Else
===============
I had another year where I didn't add any major expenses.  The GF & I had our usual vacation to Florida, but went to Universal Studios instead of WDW.

I am still doing two-a-day workouts at work, lunchtime and after work.  Had another year of ok ebay sales, about the same as last year, $2,500, but I am getting tired of doing it, so that may stop soon.  My biggest health issue was my back though it only really affected me in January and the last day of the year (yep something happened on the 30th.  Looks like I will need to spend some time helping my mother recover from surgery this winter but I have plenty of sick leave to do that, so here's to more time away from the office.

At work ... well I'm still on the same stupid project.  Not much to say other than I still get good pay, so it is what it is.   The extra vacation time is helping. I was able to take off 22 days last year, should be able to take more off this year.

==================
Not so Random Item
==================
Starting this year I have access to a special retirement plan catchup provision.  I can put double the normal amount into my 457(b) account for this year and the next two (I think $39,000 this year).  As I have been putting money into my brokerage account these past few years I can put that money into the 457 plan instead, and by doing so I can put that money in as Roth (that is: post tax) and avoid future taxes down the road.  By using the Roth IRA as well, that will be over $40k put in just next alone with no conversions.

I'm still looking at retiring April 2023, though it's possible I could retire a month or two in either direction.  Our online retirement estimator even shows I can retire in Dec. 2022.   At least I am now basically 3 years from retirement. 

Redherring

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #229 on: January 02, 2020, 01:38:23 AM »
FIRE date is April 2023 for both of us, although there may be a six month unpaid sabbatical involved just prior - to be employed still April 1st important due to bonus and option program, worth 100s of Ks.

We will be at 5m then. Today at 3.3m so FI and increasing at 500k savings per year so short of a market crash we will make that number. We will hike and slow travel so no house in equation for some time. Eventually a small house at the beach, nothing fancy.

Stache-O-Lantern

• Stubble
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »
Our investable assets are currently 41.5% of our target amount.

As of 1-Jan-18 our investable assets are exactly 50.0% of our target amount.

As of 1-Jan-19 our investable assets are 49.8% of our target amount.

As of 1-Jan-20 our investable assets are 64.1% of our target amount.

Well that was a good year for stocks, but like someone else pointed out, it really just evens out the big dip at the end of 2018, and makes for two "merely" good years.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »
35 months to go!  Anyone want to report out some January progress?

ExitViaTheCashRamp

• Bristles
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2020, 09:19:30 AM »
4 weeks after joining, am going to have to leave... Been hit by some unexpected financial changes, losing approx 12% of all future income. No way will I make it in '23 now.

Well, it's been fun folks - cya !

garyjames8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • 50 / 63% SR / RE Targets: 31.12.2024 & AU$1million
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2020, 02:38:06 AM »
Hello 2023 FIRE Cohort,

Just touching base with the gang of '23 with my end of 2019 financials. 

3 years 9 months 27 days 21 hours and 16 minutes to FIRE!  Target FIRE date:  Monday November 27, 2023 - 4.21pm.

Let me know how you are all getting on for those that haven't posted their progress for a while.

I am currently at 55% towards my RE Net Worth figure of AU$1,000,000.

Target RE date: November 27, 2023. (was originally December 31, 2023).
Target RE Net Worth: AU$1,000,000. (55%).
Target RE Passive/Semi-passive income: AU$52,000 p.a.

Hope to hear from those who haven't yet posted their end of year progress.

Kind Regards,

Gary

Wanttobehome

• Stubble
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2020, 07:51:02 AM »
Hi

1,205 days  = 859 workdays to go.

Planning on 21st May 2023.

This is the earliest retirement date for my pension plan and is also aligned with the Lower Earning Level which will give me  another year of national insurance contributions for 2023. I require a further two years of contributions for maximum state pension. ( I have 12 years from retirement  to achieve the extra two years contributions , by working P/T, acting as a carer or looking after grandchildren or self employment)

My own pension stands at 55% of my current earnings with state pension being payable 12 years following retirement.  I aim to  have at least six years of annual expenditure saved up and paying interest.

I will retire with no debt and a paid off house.

My aim over the next 3 years is to reduce my regular monthly out goings by 2 each year from 15 payments to 9 payments.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
This post inspired me to do some back of the envelope math. I think I've got 750 workdays left until the end of February, 2023, and I've worked around 1650 days so far. So I'm 2/3rds of the way through my working life. I thought it'd be closer to half. I am definitely on the downhill!

Put another way, I've had some sort of job, whether part time or full time, for 12 years. 3 more is nothing.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2020, 04:39:45 AM »
Feb 2020 Update

Investments alone - 57.1% to FI

Investments Plus NPV of Pension - 79% to FI

659 work days left
35 months left
2 years 11 months, 1 day

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
Should still be on pace for mid 2023.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Is this the updated list?  Let's keep the FIRE going!

01/2023 Mmm_Donuts
01/2023 RWTL
03/2023 Retiring gaijin
04/2023 PhrugalPhan
04/2023 SEAK
04/2023 FIREupDOOON
05/2023 TomTx
05/2023 Wanttobehome
05/2023 dougules (44) - could vary a lot
06/2023 friedmmj
10/2023 Phryne
10/2023 Mathew675
11/2023 frugal rph
12/2023 Bateaux
12/2023 beer-man
12/2023 CindyBS
12/2023 FI Curious
12/2023 garyjames8
12/2023 grantmeaname
12/2023 Landlady
12/2023 Le Dérisoire
12/2023 NESailor
12/2023 OurTown
12/2023 PVkcin
12/2023 RedHotLama
12/2023 rpr
12/2023 SpeedReader
12/2023 Spiffsome
12/2023 Stache-O-Lantern
12/2023 stupidiot8
12/2023 UKstu2017
12/2023 wannabe-stache
???? Erutio

OLY:

12/2019 I'm Fred
12/2021 Arbitrage

OMY:

12/2027 FireryFIRE

rpr

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2020, 04:15:01 PM »
Good to hear from all. Just an update.

Good news: Just started at a new job with a nice sized bump in pay+benefits. :)
Mixed news: Comes with golden handcuffs that would need me to move to the Class of 2030. :(

If the market stays this way, should technically be FI by 2023. So we'll see. I will still leave myself in this class of 2023 to RE by 12/23 but if job continues to be fun, may become OMY situation.

Wish all a wonderful 2020 on the way to 2023.

PhrugalPhan

• Bristles
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »

Mixed news: Comes with golden handcuffs that would need me to move to the Class of 2030. :(
My condolences on the golden handcuffs.  I have been put in them too.  Main reason I am not retiring this year.  Just 34 months and I get them off.

rpr

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2020, 12:38:29 AM »

My condolences on the golden handcuffs.  I have been put in them too.  Main reason I am not retiring this year.  Just 34 months and I get them off.

A fellow traveler :) It is close for you. Keep going as long as it's going well without too much aggravation.

Mmm_Donuts

• Bristles
« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2020, 05:35:19 AM »
Thanks for the list @RWTL . Just an update from me - I am going at least OLY, Coast Firing this year. I may be full fire in 2021 or 2022 but I will move to the 2020 thread for now since I will be quitting FT work this year.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #243 on: February 16, 2020, 05:39:21 AM »
Thanks for the list @RWTL . Just an update from me - I am going at least OLY, Coast Firing this year. I may be full fire in 2021 or 2022 but I will move to the 2020 thread for now since I will be quitting FT work this year.

Congrats Mmm_Donuts!  What type of Coast Fire will you do?

01/2023 RWTL
03/2023 Retiring gaijin
04/2023 PhrugalPhan
04/2023 SEAK
04/2023 FIREupDOOON
05/2023 TomTx
05/2023 Wanttobehome
05/2023 dougules (44) - could vary a lot
06/2023 friedmmj
10/2023 Phryne
10/2023 Mathew675
11/2023 frugal rph
12/2023 Bateaux
12/2023 beer-man
12/2023 CindyBS
12/2023 FI Curious
12/2023 garyjames8
12/2023 grantmeaname
12/2023 Landlady
12/2023 Le Dérisoire
12/2023 NESailor
12/2023 OurTown
12/2023 PVkcin
12/2023 RedHotLama
12/2023 rpr
12/2023 SpeedReader
12/2023 Spiffsome
12/2023 Stache-O-Lantern
12/2023 stupidiot8
12/2023 UKstu2017
12/2023 wannabe-stache
???? Erutio

OLY:

12/2019 I'm Fred
??/2020 Mmm_Donuts
12/2021 Arbitrage

OMY:

12/2027 FireryFIRE

Mmm_Donuts

• Bristles
« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2020, 05:44:30 AM »
I'm not sure yet, TBH! I'm going to take some time off, then probably go back to do PT in my current industry, but eventually I may go back to school and do something completely different. Trying not to plan too far ahead, just do the PT thing for a while and see what happens. :)

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2020, 05:57:07 AM »
Nice!  Like others above, I have golden handcuffs for the next 19 months so I need to stay in my current FT position through 2021.  We'll see what happens at that point.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »

A fellow traveler :) It is close for you. Keep going as long as it's going well without too much aggravation.

I'm only in 2023 if I shuck the golden handcuffs... I'm vested, but every year sooner than mid-2027 I stop working is a year older I will have to be to draw, and accrued leave time only counts if retiring directly from service.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #247 on: February 16, 2020, 09:06:13 AM »

I'm only in 2023 if I shuck the golden handcuffs... I'm vested, but every year sooner than mid-2027 I stop working is a year older I will have to be to draw, and accrued leave time only counts if retiring directly from service.

I'll leave you in 2023 for now until you decide to move.  Let me know if you want to be removed from the list.  Darn golden handcuffs!  A nice problem to have!

erutio

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2020, 01:43:58 PM »
Let's put me down for 8/1/2023 for now.

RWTL

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2020, 02:04:10 PM »
You got it....Updated list.

01/2023 RWTL
03/2023 Retiring gaijin