Author Topic: 2018 FIRE cohort  (Read 738169 times)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
Re: 2018 FIRE cohort
« Reply #500 on: September 18, 2017, 05:50:15 PM »
The current revision of our plan is to kick-off the transition to Semi-FIRE with a 6 week family road trip to 10 US National Parks.

You are going to be FIRE, you can spend 6 weeks in one National Park if you want!

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #501 on: September 18, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »
The current revision of our plan is to kick-off the transition to Semi-FIRE with a 6 week family road trip to 10 US National Parks.

You are going to be FIRE, you can spend 6 weeks in one National Park if you want!

We could, but none of us has traveled for that long before, so this is a test to see if we get homesick or not.  We are expecting to come home in time to plant a garden in 2018, but we could change our plans as we go! 

I'm looking forward to gardening and homestead activities on a more relaxed schedule, instead of fitting it in on evenings and weekends.  I expect it will feel like I have so much time to do what is needed instead of now, where I'm always playing catch up.  Maybe finally do some deferred maintenance and improvements.  The things that need doing require much more time than money.  But I intend to start those after decompressing and feeling relaxed, which could take many months.

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #502 on: September 18, 2017, 06:39:58 PM »
Formally joining up in the 2018 cohort, coming over from 2017.  This is a big group!  Lots of the names are familiar from having moved up into the 2017 group part way through the year.

Welcome homestead neohio. Glad you could join us.   

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #503 on: September 21, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
I finally counted how many days I have left at work, 49 days!! 

I am so excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #504 on: September 21, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »
My wife and I both let our management know we're planning to retire in May of 2018.

It's getting close!

Aegishjalmur

• Bristles
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2017, 07:20:40 AM »
My wife and I both let our management know we're planning to retire in May of 2018.

It's getting close!

I know it is common in some professions to give such large a notice, but with my employer? No way.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2017, 08:41:08 AM »
I know it is common in some professions to give such large a notice, but with my employer? No way.

I'll give my clients at least 6 months notice before I stop working for them. They owe me zero notice to get rid of me and I owe them the same, but it seems unprofessional to do that to people that made my retirement possible with their business.

honeyfill

• Bristles
« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »
My Megacorp has a long history of declaring anyone retiring an "underperformer" and cutting their March bonus to zero. I  plan on giving  notice the day I see my bonus show up in my direct deposit. 

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
I  plan on giving  notice the day I see my bonus show up in my direct deposit.

Haha, that's exactly my plan as well.  And I'm planning on a standard 2 week notice unless it suits me to work a week or two longer at that point in time.   

As to the pre-FIRE allocation, I'm roughly at 65/35 stocks to fixed income.  Stocks are a mix if US and international.  Fixed income is bonds, a stable value fund, CDs, etc.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
I  plan on giving  notice the day I see my bonus show up in my direct deposit.
Haha, that's exactly my plan as well.  And I'm planning on a standard 2 week notice unless it suits me to work a week or two longer at that point in time.   ....Snip...

Since I don't really care what the exact date is, I'm giving ~6 months notice of the fact that I'm not working next summer.   If I can work it, a Leave of Absence for that time, then back to work during Fall, winter spring till end of 2019.

I'd be shocked if I got shown the door, but it would actually be a relief that I didn't have to actually resign/ retire.    The treadmill is pretty comfortable, mostly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:38:40 PM by markbike528CBX »

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
I'm officially a 2019-er, but at the moment the situation at work is such that I think I might throw in the towel in 2018. A change will be occurring in my workplace in October that could either improve my work life or make it completely unbearable. If it's the latter, I'll hand in my notice early (I need to give three months' notice) and provide a diplomatic explanation from the page headed It's Not You, It's Me.

But I'm only lurking just now. I'll shout up if I commit.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2017, 05:52:03 PM »
My Megacorp has a long history of declaring anyone retiring an "underperformer" and cutting their March bonus to zero. I  plan on giving  notice the day I see my bonus show up in my direct deposit.

I hear you!

If all the living presidents, and the best of the ones who've already died self-resurrected themselves to personally thank me and my employer for my service to the nation on national TV, my odds of getting a bonus > $500 are less than winning the lottery.

At this point, I'm staying until May out of solidarity with my wife.  She's a professor and it would be very unprofessional to quit mid-school year.   Plus, they need time to recruit someone.

So, if they pushed me out early I would actually not mind. ;)

But it's not to their benefit to do so, especially if they can double-bill for awhile as I train the replacement.

Plus, I've offered to pop in and cover things for a short while if the DBA or my replacement leave, get run over by a bus, etc.   That's a real plus for them.   It's hard to get good IT talent to move here and good IT talent that's already in town already has a job. 

$9k+ per month for 1 to 3 months is a lot of fun money for the rest of the year, without having to draw down the stash in the early years, either.

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2017, 06:21:12 PM »
Cautiously penciling myself (and DH) in for May 2018 when baby #2 is set to arrive. It's still early--hence the cautiousness--but I'm so excited. About 147 workdays, but who's counting...?

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
    • KOWines: Deep discount wine/spirits store.
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2017, 06:38:44 PM »
Added wordnerd  and homestead neohio

01/18  Monkey Uncle
01/18  FIBy30
01/18  PrePube
01/18  Retire-Canada - downshifted 07/2017
01/18  WannaGoOutside OLY, Moved to 2017 cohort
01/18  Zinethstache
01/18  MomCPA
01/18  NorGirl
01/18  PizzaSteve
02/18  brooklynguy
03/18  Cherry Lane
03/18  Sofa King
03/18  sol
~03/18  Gimesalot
03/18  Badblackgirl
~03/18  Caoineag
03/18  Clean Shaven
03/18  JLTinVA
03/18  homestead neohio
04/18  Calvin
04/18  DTaggart
04/18  FernFree
04/18  Gooki
~04/18  HappyMargo
04/18   MandyM - Class of 2017
~04/18  Mother Fussbudget
04/18  NinetyFour
04/18  ZiziPB
04/18  LateStarter
04/18  Aegishjalmur
~5/18   Markbike528CBX
05/18  SwordGuy
05/18  SwordGuy DW
05/18  Alim Nassor
~05/18 honeyfill
05/18  wordnerd
06/18  Cheddar Stacker
06/18  Albireo13
06/18  DavisGang90
~06/18  Pylortes
06/18  CowboyAndIndian
06/18  Omalley
06/18  aperture
06/18  randomgiraffe
06/18  dbtx
06/18  poppydog
06/18  SwissMiss
07/18  AussieGirl
~07/18  BackAndForth
07/18  ChasesFish
~07/18  Freshwater
~07/18  SnidelyWhiplashStache
07/18  Mr Griz
~07/18 cerat0n1a
08/18  SpreadsheetMan DW - OMY, moved to 2019 cohort.
08/18  NorCalistache
08/18  Mr Mark
10/18  Happy
10/18  Irishtache
10/18  patches
10/18  Fire1018
11/18  DeSteeg
11/18  Kris
12/18  yoda34
12/18  EnjoyIt
??/18  Minnesota_mom
??/18  Michread
??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/18  thriftycanadian
??/18  OzBeach -- WIGLO (When I Get Laid Off)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:40:49 PM by CowboyAndIndian »

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »
Had "the talk" with my boss.   

May-2018 look out, I'll be there before you know it!

Of course, I left the door open to help out during Fall 2018 through Spring 2019, so the IRP might be after me soon.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2017, 06:46:01 AM »
I was just  notified by my boss that my contract has been extended to March end 2018.

He also asked me to think about converting to an employee and he needs an answer in early January.

I am ready to hang up my gun and ride off into FIRE, but DW is panicking and wants to work one more year. Real dilemma here!

Any advice?

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2017, 08:03:13 AM »
Any advice?

Without a full case study it would be hard to provide any specific advice about a complex decision like when you and your spouse should retire. I will just say that recently the number of people I know that have died or received life altering diagnosis or been in car accidents with life alter results has been startling. Perhaps that's just getting older and having your social network ageing with you? Regardless it keeps me focused on the fact that time is my most precious resource and that given a reasonable FIRE plan running out of money is not my primary concern....it's running out of time...particularly time with my health intact.

Maizeman's helpful illustration is something I refer to a lot.

One thing we overlook on this site is how challenging the emotional/psychological aspects of the transition to FIRE are. We have all been programmed to work by society so breaking that pattern is hard and we fixated on our fears....primarily running out of money. In that process we ignore arguably more important risks of continuing to work.

If both of you pulling the plug is too hard perhaps one of you can retire and then the other person can do so a year later? Another alternative is for one or both of you to shift to a reduced work week such that you are gaining significant amounts of free time, but not having to draw down your investment accounts. That could be a good middle ground to ease yourself into this major life change.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:45:37 AM by Retire-Canada »

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:29 AM »
He also asked me to think about converting to an employee and he needs an answer in early January.

I am ready to hang up my gun and ride off into FIRE, but DW is panicking and wants to work one more year. Real dilemma here!

Any advice?

I suggest you tell him No. Because you will be having this discussion again before the end of March anyway.  Do not create an expectation of further work which you don't need.  Aren't you here from the 2017 thread already?  (I am, too.) 

Is DW freaking out because you are actually not financially ready (where more money would help), or because change is hard and delaying the change means she doesn't have to deal with it yet?  Because if it is the latter, there is a chance she'll never feel ready.  You should focus on what you need to feel ready, and when you get there, FIRE without continually pushing the bar higher via OMY.  Because then you are giving up years of your life to employment you don't need.  If your DW needs more time working to be emotionally ready to FIRE, this doesn't mean you also have to keep working if you are ready.

I read in a journal here recently a reminder that just because you are good at something and someone will pay you a lot of money to do it does not mean it is a good use of your limited time. 

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »

Without a full case study it would be hard to provide any specific advice about a complex decision like when you and your spouse should retire. I will just say that recently the number of people I know that have died or received life altering diagnosis or been in car accidents with life alter results has been startling. Perhaps that's just getting older and having your social network ageing with you? Regardless it keeps me focused on the fact that time is my most precious resource and that given a reasonable FIRE plan running out of money is not my primary concern....it's running out of time...particularly time with my health intact.

One thing we overlook on this site is how challenging the emotional/psychological aspects of the transition to FIRE are. We have all been programmed to work by society so breaking that pattern is hard and we fixated on our fears....primarily running out of money. In that process we ignore arguably more important risks of continuing to work.

If both of you pulling the plug is too hard perhaps one of you can retire and then the other person can do so a year later? Another alternative is for one or both of you to shift to a reduced work week such that you are gaining significant amounts of free time, but not having to draw down your investment accounts. That could be a good middle ground to ease yourself into this major life change.

Good Advice, thank you.

Do not really need a case study for the following reason
  • Zero debt
  • Presently have 30x spending as FIRE assets (not counting house that we will live in or DS2 college education which we have put aside)
  • FIRE assets will be much more (2 income household) by June 2018 which is my planned FIRE date
  • My cFIREsim is showing 100% success rate.

BTW, This is not bare-bones annual FIRE spend but  very lavish spending. DW is not spendy but she went thru bad times growing up, so she is scared. I have showed her our holdings, our risk profile, how we will access retirement money with low taxes (detailed document), but it does not help.

I suggest you tell him No. Because you will be having this discussion again before the end of March anyway.  Do not create an expectation of further work which you don't need. 

Great idea. I think I will follow this path.
Is DW freaking out because you are actually not financially ready (where more money would help), or because change is hard and delaying the change means she doesn't have to deal with it yet?  Because if it is the latter, there is a chance she'll never feel ready.  You should focus on what you need to feel ready, and when you get there, FIRE without continually pushing the bar higher via OMY.  Because then you are giving up years of your life to employment you don't need.  If your DW needs more time working to be emotionally ready to FIRE, this doesn't mean you also have to keep working if you are ready.

Definitely the latter. Money is not an issue, we have more than enough.

Good points.  I think she needs more time working to be emotionally ready. We might have to FIRE at separate times, waiting for her to get ready.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #519 on: September 27, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »

Good points.  I think she needs more time working to be emotionally ready. We might have to FIRE at separate times, waiting for her to get ready.

I find it helps my DW to hear me acknowledge when things are big and scary, but I'm deciding to push ahead anyway because I've done my homework and am confident things will work out.  In my logical mind the confidence overcomes the feelings, but those feelings are down in the mix if I look for them.  She needs to hear that I have fears, too, and that she is not crazy when feeling afraid of a big change.  If you FIRE first, you are showing her the way, that despite some fears and concerns, it is good and it works.  Not sure if your DW is similar in this way, but thought I'd share in case it helps.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
...snip....

Yep, and despite my big talk, I'm shaky at the knees after letting my boss know my plans. 
Even though he took it really well.

At least my Dad was supportive "you'll find lots to do" , which sort of surprised me.
I thought he'd have some issues with my relative age.  But on the other hand, Dad's retirement has been really good for him.  If he had kept working, the stress was going to kill him in a few years.  17 years later, still going strong.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #521 on: September 27, 2017, 07:36:52 PM »
Moved myself forward a week.  Decided to be able to cover household chores and such while my wife finishes her last week of teaching and grading.

And I think it's time folks start putting down the days, not just the months, so I'll start!

And, being anal retentive, I put people into date order (with certainty coming before uncertainty) followed by alphabetical order.

01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Retire-Canada - downshifted 07/2017
01/??/18  WannaGoOutside OLY, Moved to 2017 cohort
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  homestead neohio
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
~03/??/18 Gimesalot
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  MandyM - Class of 2017
04/??/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  ZiziPB
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
~04/??/18 Mother Fussbudget
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  Cheddar Stacker
06/??/18  CowboyAndIndian
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
~07/??/18 SnidelyWhiplashStache
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
08/??/18  SpreadsheetMan DW - OMY, moved to 2019 cohort.
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom
??/??/18  OzBeach -- WIGLO (When I Get Laid Off)
??/??/18  thriftycanadian

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2017, 07:43:12 PM »
Moved myself forward a week.  Decided to be able to cover household chores and such while my wife finishes her last week of teaching and grading.

And I think it's time folks start putting down the days, not just the months, so I'll start!

And, being anal retentive, I put people into date order (with certainty coming before uncertainty) followed by alphabetical order.

01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
~03/??/18 Gimesalot
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
04/01/18  ZiziPB
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

It's April 1 for me, so you'll need to move me up despite the "z" :-)

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »

01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
~03/??/18 Gimesalot
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2017, 08:10:32 PM »
Adding my day

01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
~03/??/18 Gimesalot
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Gimesalot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »

There's no way I am making it until March.  I have updated my date accordingly.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Tonight is the first of many moments of truth!  The Airbnb we will call home in Montreal will probably get booked tonight.

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2017, 08:32:14 PM »
I'm moving my date up too, from April to Feb 1st! Four more months, shit's gettin' real :)

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/??/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »
Updated.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2017, 06:37:37 AM »

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/??/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

semiretired31

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:20 AM »
Chiming in here... I'm in the 2031 group.  But, it's just fun to see the conversations this group is having at this point in the game.  Good on ya! 

brooklynguy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2017, 07:10:55 AM »
Here’s mine.  Somehow, the closer it gets, the further away it feels.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:28 AM »

Good Advice, thank you.

Do not really need a case study for the following reason
  • Zero debt
  • Presently have 30x spending as FIRE assets (not counting house that we will live in or DS2 college education which we have put aside)
  • FIRE assets will be much more (2 income household) by June 2018 which is my planned FIRE date
  • My cFIREsim is showing 100% success rate.

BTW, This is not bare-bones annual FIRE spend but  very lavish spending. DW is not spendy but she went thru bad times growing up, so she is scared. I have showed her our holdings, our risk profile, how we will access retirement money with low taxes (detailed document), but it does not help.

I suggest you tell him No. Because you will be having this discussion again before the end of March anyway.  Do not create an expectation of further work which you don't need. 

Great idea. I think I will follow this path.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.
Have you and your wife talked about contingency plans? As in, what happens if your investment balance dips below $X? And what is $X? Perhaps having a clear view of how to spot and fix a problem will help her. Especially because its likely a very small, short lived income would correct an early problem.

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »
Less than 9 months, date is confirmed June 15th, guest speaker confirmed.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
Updated with my date, I'm 3/31/18, WIGLO.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
03/31/18  homestead neohio
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »
Crossed out my entry out below. I was planning on downshifting at the start of 2018 and it happened early in 2017.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/??/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2017, 11:13:09 AM »
My last day teaching classes will be 4/20/18, but I will get paid through 6/30/18.  So I am focusing on the 4/20 date, because after that I will basically be free (except for grading final exams--which will be fine because I will be basically be ecstatic at that point!!!).

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
03/30/18  sol
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
04/20/18  NinetyFour
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/29/18  aperture
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
07/??/17  Retire-Canada - OLY
----------
01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Monkey Uncle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »
As long as we're getting all exact here...

----------
01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  DTaggart
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #538 on: September 29, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »
My update disappeared somewhere along the line so fixing...

----------
01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
I'm not FIREd so I'll just delete myself from the list to keep it simple.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 honeyfill
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

honeyfill

• Bristles
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
We moved our date to 6/1 to take advantage of one more month of employee health coverage. I also added my age. I noticed the 2017 FIRE cohort forum had everyone's age and I thought it was interesting to see when everyone is hitting their date.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/??/18  wordnerd
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
~06/01/18 Honeyfill  (at 60)
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom
[/quote]

wordnerd

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #541 on: September 29, 2017, 12:38:11 PM »
Updated my info

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
05/04/18  wordnerd and DH (at 30 and 36)
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #542 on: October 01, 2017, 02:39:24 PM »

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/01/18  SwordGuy (at 60)
05/08/18  SwordGuy DW (SwordGuy isn't saying.   He wants to live.)
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #543 on: October 01, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
I think SwordGuy is as OCD as me. I like the way he fixed the columns ;-)

Added my date, moved OLY/OMY to the end.

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
~03/??/18 Caoineag
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/29/18  CowboyAndIndian
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #544 on: October 01, 2017, 03:47:42 PM »

I put font=courier in square brackets at the top of the list, and close the list with a /font in square brackets.
That way, all the letters are the same width so they can line up!

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #545 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »

I put font=courier in square brackets at the top of the list, and close the list with a /font in square brackets.
That way, all the letters are the same width so they can line up!

Yeah, I would do the same. But looks like others remove the font tag when they quote.

Caoineag

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #546 on: October 02, 2017, 09:00:09 AM »

01/05/18  Gimesalot
01/06/18  Monkey Uncle
01/??/18  FIBy30
01/??/18  MomCPA
01/??/18  NorGirl
01/??/18  PizzaSteve
01/??/18  PrePube
01/??/18  Zinethstache
02/01/18  DTaggart
02/28/18  brooklynguy
03/16/18  Cherry Lane
03/30/18  sol
03/31/18 Caoineag (at 36)
03/??/18  Badblackgirl
03/??/18  Clean Shaven
03/??/18  JLTinVA
03/??/18  Sofa King
04/01/18  ZiziPB
04/20/18  NinetyFour
04/??/18  Aegishjalmur
04/??/18  Calvin
04/??/18  FernFree
04/??/18  Gooki
04/??/18  LateStarter
~04/??/18 HappyMargo
05/??/18  Alim Nassor
~05/??/18 Markbike528CBX
06/15/18  DavisGang90
06/29/18  aperture
06/29/18  CowboyAndIndian
06/??/18  Albireo13
06/??/18  dbtx
06/??/18  Omalley
06/??/18  poppydog
06/??/18  randomgiraffe
06/??/18  SwissMiss
~06/??/18 Pylortes
07/??/18  AussieGirl
07/??/18  ChasesFish
07/??/18  Mr Griz
~07/??/18 BackAndForth
~07/??/18 cerat0n1a
~07/??/18 Freshwater
08/??/18  Mr Mark
08/??/18  NorCalistache
10/??/18  Fire1018
10/??/18  Happy
10/??/18  Irishtache
10/??/18  patches
11/??/18  DeSteeg
11/??/18  Kris
12/??/18  EnjoyIt
12/??/18  yoda34
??/??/18  Blindsquirrel
??/??/18  Michread
??/??/18  Minnesota_mom

Added age and exact date.

CowboyAndIndian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #547 on: October 02, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »
Interesting that no one wants to fire in September. I guess people want to retire in Spring/Early summer instead of in Fall.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #548 on: October 02, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
I couldn't see working through a summer, which my favorite time of the year even in the burning hot desert that is Eastern Washington state.   
I'm tentatively planning semi-FIRE, with my fall, winter early spring "side gig" as essentially my current job.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #549 on: October 02, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
Interesting that no one wants to fire in September. I guess people want to retire in Spring/Early summer instead of in Fall.

If you give me $200K I'll retire right now! I'd be good with a Fall FIRE! ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:12:31 AM by Retire-Canada »