I'm not actually suffering from OMY syndrome. We were planning on going FI around May of 2017.
But we've been watching a really cool house we want to restore, put on the national registry, and then flip -- and it came up for auction. It was buy it now or watch it get torn down by the city.
We'll end up putting about $200k into the house over the next two years -- which we're pretty darn sure we can get back out of it. Plus a lot of sweat equity. That's a non-trivial chunk of our stash. So we decided to keep our jobs for an extra year to cash flow the repair costs instead of draw down our stash any more than the initial $100k purchase price. Short of some really bad luck or mismanagement on our part, we should break even at worst case. There's a reasonable chance we could make $50,000 to $150,000, depending on market conditions and whether we find the right buyer.
I guess, long story made short, our plan was working just fine, we just changed it, so we need to work another year. But that's what having a stache allows you to do!