Author Topic: Calling all Lidl shoppers.....  (Read 2609 times)

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
Calling all Lidl shoppers.....
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »
Just to say Lidl have a voucher in their Christmas magazine for £5 off a £40 shop valid until 12th Dec I think it was. I only went in for some crackers and now have a whole pile of tins and dried food in the garage.

cerat0n1a

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Calling all Lidl shoppers.....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
I thought this was going to be an appeal for Kevin the Carrot, but I now see that was Aldi, not Lidl.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46301917

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »
:) no but please do feel free to face punch me if I ever waste twenty quid on a carrot, especially if I have to fight for it first

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 10:11:38 AM »
Brilliant! Does one pick up a magazine in the shop? I prefer Aldi so don't go in regularly but would make a special trip out of it (we're getting low on a fair few storecupboard things).

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 10:23:02 AM »
Yes they are in store, after the tills. I was cheeky and went through the tills picked up a copy, out the exit and straight back in, voucher in hand to do my shopping. And then picked up another on the way out. We have a good sized garage so lots of room for tins, dried goods and cleaning stuff. figured  at 12.5% it seemed rude not to go a few times...note to self...must not buy lots of Stollen!

Runner5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 03:41:58 AM »
All I ask is for nobody to judge me if I were to stock up on £40-worth of their Stollen bites.

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 07:29:03 AM »
Fill yer boots :)

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »
I hadn't been to Lidl since getting one of their festive vouchers last year. A catalogue with a voucher was posted through my letterbox. "I can stock up on £40-worth of washing powder and toilet paper," I thought. I wasn't expecting to go home with the same amount again in mince pies, chocolate, and smoked salmon.

NearlyThere

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 01:48:48 PM »
Not sure if anyone's a fan of Lidl's butter but it's great tasting and good value. For extra value, the little blocks work out 40p cheaper over the larger blocks when buying the same weight overall.

force majeure

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 12:04:56 PM »
A heads up, for those who have not sussed this...

in both the German food retailers, a trend of creeping "premiumisation"
Its possible to lay out Waitrose-style money on fancy food items at both stores.
Stick to your shopping list.

Zola.

• Bristles
  • Let's do this.
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 03:31:43 AM »
Lidl are making leaps and bounds at the minute.

Not to sound like a snob, but it was a dirty little secret to shop at lidl a few years ago for many people, now most people are open about it.

They do sell some very good stuff for cheap. I love their bakery mostly.

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 04:19:05 AM »
Lidl are making leaps and bounds at the minute.

Not to sound like a snob, but it was a dirty little secret to shop at lidl a few years ago for many people, now most people are open about it.

They do sell some very good stuff for cheap. I love their bakery mostly.

It seems to have gone the other way now. You can barely get parked in our local one for all the high end BMWs in the car park. It’s not as good value as it was though and I’m increasingly find Tesco’s cheaper for some staples. Their oats for example took a 17p jump last week and don’t get me started on the bakery doughnuts!

PhilB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 01:27:30 PM »
We had a little goose crown from Lidl for Christmas for Xmas.  I think every (non vegetarian) MMMer should have goose for Xmas.  Or pork or beef or anything but turkey.  That way, when Tesco are selling medium frozen turkeys for £7.50 on 5 January you are the only meat eater in the shop who isn't sick of turkey.  We had a full Xmas dinner on Sunday, sandwiches Mon to Thurs (with two days worth frozen for later, turkey curry last night, turkey and gammon pie tonight (gammon offcuts from the market at £1 for a kilo) with the filling for another pie in the freezer.  All delicious, and it felt like Xmas had lasted an extra week!

Distant dreamer

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
We had pork for no other reason than it was a huge outdoor bred joint for 55p. But yes Tesco post Christmas is great. We are still eating the paxo stuffing and jars of mincemeat from last year all at 5p each.