Author Topic: Budget 2020  (Read 1341 times)

oneyear

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Budget 2020
« on: March 11, 2020, 04:38:21 AM »
Big Day so far with Interest Rates cut by the BOE.

I've quite a bit vested interest in todays' budget with Entrepreneurs Relief being a huge consideration in my very very near FIRE plan.

Can't tell you how stressed I am waiting on the chancellors words

PhilB

• Walrus Stache
Re: Budget 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »
Big Day so far with Interest Rates cut by the BOE.

I've quite a bit vested interest in todays' budget with Entrepreneurs Relief being a huge consideration in my very very near FIRE plan.

Can't tell you how stressed I am waiting on the chancellors words
Well it was reduced significantly, but still at £1m.  Is that enough for you?

Other than that, not much to impact most of the UK FIRE community.  Quite rightly (in my opinion) heavily focused on trying to keep the economy from tanking too much during the corona virus epidemic.  How successful that will be remains to be seen...

oneyear

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 01:59:18 PM »
Yep. I let out more than a tear if I tell the truth.

Yeah good budget for business and all somewhat positive in the midst of things going on

highlandterrier

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 02:49:25 AM »
This rumoured consultation was confirmed, which would effectively bring RPI in line with CPI. Meaning bad news if you have RPI linked income for a DB pension or index linked bonds for instance :

https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/news/4012264/budget-2020-treasury-launches-consultations-rpi-reform

The 1% or so difference will rapidly compound over the years. My 40x CETV seems a little more attractive now ! On the upside RPI linked increases like train tickets would be lower.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!