Ok Faraday, here's some of my info:
- Definitely weight lose. When I was cleaning this weekend, I found a sticky note with my weight from January 2015. I'm done a little over 30 lbs from that time, with still 50ish to go (maybe more, maybe less). But, I'm not weighing myself more than once a month, so I'm worried about it. It will come with time and sticking-to-it.
- My face/neck is always the first place for it to show, which I like. I also see a big difference in my waist and chest.
- I'm finally wearing the clothes that fit me BEFORE I was pregnant with my first son, so I haven't had to buy much new-to-me clothes yet.
- Chronic problems - Neck/jaw issues and ALWAYS SLEEPY! Those are gone. At night I clench my jaw occasionally. Before when that happened, it would give me a bad neck ache and my jaw would hurt bad too. Sometimes it got so bad, that it would literally make me sick....like throwing up. It's because it would make me feel unsteady and slightly dizzy. At work, I'm not nearly as tired, and can actually focus again and think more clearly.
- My sleep is WAY better. I can't remember who said it in a previous post (maybe Liz???) but when I sleep now, I feel like I'm unconscious, or like someone has given me drugs for sleeping (but of course in a good way :-)). I'm still a little tired when I first wake up, but that passes within 5 minutes. I know this will get even better and I'll likely need less sleep. At least that's how I was when I was within my normal weight.
- MONEY: Every time I would get the neck and jaw aches, I would often have to go to the chiropractor. Not any more! That's saving me at least $50 a visit, which could often get to 3-4 visits each time. Eventually I will need to get more clothes as I keep losing weight, but that's a good problem for me. :-) I'm not a fashionista at ALL, so I get by pretty cheap buying from 2nd hand stores, and shopping sales.
- SUGAR! Yesterday at work a co-worker had some extra doughnuts and brought them by my desk to see if I wanted one. He stopped in my door way and said "oh yeah, I bet you wouldn't want one of these....and by the way I admire what you're doing." But, WOW, I could smell that sugar and it really was too much! I didn't like it, and realized that even my smell is more sensitive to sugar.
- Whenever I would eat certain types of ketchup or salsa, my face would start to sweat. I knew that there was a preservative in them that my body didn't like. Of course, I don't have that problem any more since I don't eat the crappy stuff any more.
- Sick - I haven't been sick at all for months, even though the flu is pretty rampant here now. No colds either, which is surprising. I'm sure I will catch something eventually, but I really believe it won't be nearly as often or as sever. Time will tell!
- Cleaning up my eating has also encouraged me to clean up other areas of my life. I think it was KiwiSonja that mentioned the tidying up book from Marie Kondo. I also was reading that book. I haven't finished it yet, but I've been in the momentum to get rid of stuff. I've been selling stuff on my local FB rummage sale site, and a few things on eBay. I love walking into a room and asking 'what can I get rid of today'?
- My co-workers are pretty supportive, as I mentioned above with the doughnut, but I still get the occasional "oh just eat it, you only live once" comments. I've been pretty honest though and tell them that yeah, but when I eat it I feel super crappy. I've even gone as far as telling some people that I'm allergic. Ok, maybe my allergy isn't that I'll die, but it will give me a sweaty face, make by stomach feel like it's going to explode, make me gain 20 lbs. But they don't need to know the details. :-)
- My family is more supportive now that they have also gone through this with me. I just wish it stuck. My mom told me last night that they are completely back to their old habits, and then she lamented AGAIN, about not getting off her blood pressure meds. MOM! STOP EATING THE CRAP! I can only encourage (and push) so far, but at least they know what to do.
- I feel more confident. I'm walking taller, and dressing better. I'm wearing jewelry more often. I'm thinking about my hair more (without wasting a ton of money). I'm even feeling like maybe dating again. Life is crazy busy though. I honestly don't know if I will or not (because I HATE online dating sites), but I feel better with the confidence that I COULD date again. For now, I'm investing into myself and my boys.
Ok, how's that list? :-) I'm sure I can add more later, but I don't think it's too bad for over lunch hour.