Author Topic: Using up fabrics , sewing, and crafting supplies  (Read 89340 times)

SingleMomDebt

Re: Using up fabrics , sewing, and crafting supplies
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
Thanks sparkytheop! DD really loves it. I am sure it will have paint on it in no time. ;)

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
This weekend I finished up a quilt top to donate to charity. I used a large packet of fat quarters that had been around for several years.

I can use more older fabric to back it, so that is less stash and more space in my studio. Progress!

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »
Just getting back into sewing after buying a bunch of new jalie patterns. Used up about 3 m of fleece sewing two hoodies and a pair of sweat pants for the kids, recycled a failed project for me into a cute dress for DD.

Pieced together a pattern tonight so I'll trace off a skirt for DD shortly. Also traced off a top for me, just need to prep the fabric.  New patterns but that will use up another 2-2.5 m of fabric. Then I'll start on the projects I recently bought fabric for.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2017, 02:42:17 AM »
I love Jalie patterns Maya. My cora running leggings are the best!

So after my phase of 'I need to by stuff to finish stuff' (zips, buttons, lining etc), I got a load of items finished and in the wardrobe, yay! I've also got my haberdashery and fabric stash down to its designated drawers and cupboards, which is great, my house looks a lot better!

But I am once again at the needing to buy stuff stage. I have some underwear all cut out, but I need stretch lace elastic. I have a dress cut out, and I have a zip for it too. But no white lining and every other colour is showing through. I was short some bias tape so I made it from scraps rather than buying it. Much cheaper and the store-bought stuff is always stiff and scratchy no matter how much I wash it. But a little frustrating, for sure.

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
Theadvicist the Cora's are one of my new patterns I can't wait to sew. I bought some fabric to test them out with money problem is I'm 32 weeks pregnant and debating what size to start with. Current solution is to put that project on hold till I've had the baby and focus on sewing some nursing tops and maybe the elenores for post partum. I'll have to sew up smaller versions once I've started to lose weight again.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2017, 03:34:25 AM »
Oooh they have great patterns for nursing / post-partum!

The leggings are really tight (in a good way, they feel supportive, not constricting) so if you're in between sizes I would go up. You can always take 'em in, you know? But yeah, you might be best of waiting for a bit. Also, check the seam allowance (I think it is 6mm. I sewed up a top of theirs at 1cm and then wondered why it was a bit snug! Yeah, what an idiot!)

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
I have one nursing shirt cut out and partially sewed up (from four years ago with my first, I'm on my third now LOL) and have traced off he pattern for the other nursing shirt, to use some of the fabric I bought four year ago. Need to get motivated.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2017, 02:52:06 PM »
I was just posting to ask for more pictures, but saw a post that said pictures were not encouraged here.

What the blankety-blanket what?

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2017, 12:29:07 PM »
I have one nursing shirt cut out and partially sewed up (from four years ago with my first, I'm on my third now LOL) and have traced off he pattern for the other nursing shirt, to use some of the fabric I bought four year ago. Need to get motivated.

I am in desperate need of nursing shirts - flannel button-downs bought on sale or used are now too warm. What pattern are you using?

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »

I am in desperate need of nursing shirts - flannel button-downs bought on sale or used are now too warm. What pattern are you using?
https://jalie.com/jalie3132-nursing-tees-sewing-pattern-464

I've a bunch in thmy same style made by momzelle. I'm excited to try this one out as most of my nursing tops are long sleeved in the bigger sizes and short sleeved in smaller ones. Need to make some short sleeved ones in bigger sizes for this summer when baby is young. Due end of of summer.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #310 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »

https://jalie.com/jalie3132-nursing-tees-sewing-pattern-464

I've a bunch in thmy same style made by momzelle. I'm excited to try this one out as most of my nursing tops are long sleeved in the bigger sizes and short sleeved in smaller ones. Need to make some short sleeved ones in bigger sizes for this summer when baby is young. Due end of of summer.

Oooh! Thanks! That has potential! Assuming I can get my husband to hold the baby for a few hours while I sew very, very quickly... ;)

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2017, 03:45:21 AM »
So timely for me this thread has taken a turn to towards maternity wear, as I've just found out I'm pregnant! It's very early days, but wow, this has wrecked my 'sewing-drive'. I just don't want to make anything because hopefully it won't fit!

But I've been wondering might a jacket be a sensible project to make it my current size? The particular style it is I would probably wear it open anyway. Can anyone who has been through this advise? Am I likely to be a similar size through the shoulders and arms at the end of all this? I don't want to put time and materials into something I won't wear, but I am really missing sewing and this is the only thing I can think of that doesn't need to be fitted through the midsection.

I'm thinking of this burda pattern: http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/asymmetrical-moto-jacket-112013

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »
Gosh, it's been a while since I updated here.  Lots of sewing talk recently...I'll represent for the knitters :)

Since Dec, I did make the sweater I was planning, but it used far less yarn that I expected.  So I've had that super-bulky chenille in a holding pattern while I find a charity project suitable to this yarn (maybe Project Linus?).

I have to "confess", I did buy more yarn*.  This is for a sweater that is currently in progress as my main project, so I'm using it up quickly (1 of 9 skeins used in the last 2 weeks).  So my focus on "using up" yarn has switched over to that rather than pre-existing stash.  Once I make adequate progress (measured against a deadline in October), I will switch back over to the stash.

*I never vowed that I wouldn't, but this group is focused on clearing out space, not buying more stuff!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »
So timely for me this thread has taken a turn to towards maternity wear, as I've just found out I'm pregnant! It's very early days, but wow, this has wrecked my 'sewing-drive'. I just don't want to make anything because hopefully it won't fit!

But I've been wondering might a jacket be a sensible project to make it my current size? The particular style it is I would probably wear it open anyway. Can anyone who has been through this advise? Am I likely to be a similar size through the shoulders and arms at the end of all this? I don't want to put time and materials into something I won't wear, but I am really missing sewing and this is the only thing I can think of that doesn't need to be fitted through the midsection.

I'm thinking of this burda pattern: http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/asymmetrical-moto-jacket-112013

Make baby clothes, baby blankets/quilt, etc. Anything for the home.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2017, 03:24:13 AM »

Make baby clothes, baby blankets/quilt, etc. Anything for the home.

Thanks Sibley but I think I'm too superstitious to make anything for a baby, and we don't need any new curtains or anything. I've ordered stuff for the Burda jacket, if the pregnancy progresses well I guess I can just wear it open.

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »
Tshirts or cardigans. Look at jalie's patterns for maternity wear.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2017, 02:54:00 AM »
Oooh thanks Maya, I have a cardigan pattern I've been meaning to make for a while, that is a great idea. I'll be able to layer it (open!) over tops and tanks all summer. Thank you.

Potterquilter

• Stubble
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2017, 09:51:02 PM »
I made a big stack of microwave bowls and gave them to family and friends. Then I made 6 pillowcases for a charity "pillowcases for Ryan" which benefits cancer kids. 

Tomorrow I start on bibs.  One of my fellow quilters contacted local nursing homes and asked what would help them. They said large bibs which would help keep patients clean during feeding. So I have a pattern and that is my next project.

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2017, 08:12:51 AM »
Having pledged at the beginning of the year not to add any crafting supplies to my household this year, I've gone a little further and have been reducing my much-too-large knitting yarn stash. I've chopped some 100% undyed wool that I'd accidentally felted into little pieces and left it out for the birds to use for nesting materials or used it to secure staked plants in the garden, let friends help themselves to any of my yarn that took their fancy provided they intended to use rather than stashing it themselves, donated around 2.5kg of acrylic and acrylic blends to charity, stuck price tags on almost everything in my Ravelry catalogue, and trickled a few skeins at a time on to eBay.

Take that, Mr Sunk Cost Fallacy ;-)

I still have too much, but I didn't collect it all in a couple of months and I'm happy to spend a few years finding new homes.

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
Pulled out some cloth I haven't touched in a good 7 years and had JUST ENOUGH to bust out the top for my most recent costume and feel comfortable throwing away the scraps.  I'm also steadily burning through my collection of black scrap fabric (though inevitably I'll have to buy more...) with miscellaneous costume projects that come up.

And this isn't quite in the vein of using up existing craft supplies, but I just made my first craft item sale on my etsy store!  The price is enough to recoup all the supply costs and to allow me to buy more to hopefully grow that a bit. :)

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
Finished a quilt using fabric I'd loved for ages but never found a use for (cute whale print seersucker) and made the binding with scraps from the other fabric. Next up is finishing a quilt that's been WIP over a year...

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2017, 02:22:42 PM »
Well, it left my house. My sister had asked for pillows for her couch, and got fabric. I took some and my mom took some. Mom was visiting and took it home with her because I haven't had time to make them. It counts I think.

MrMoogle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:22 PM »
Random thought on yarn since this thread popped back up:

My cousins have a Christmas gift exchange going that I've been trying to get out of for some time now.  I'm the oldest, and I have some cousins that are under 5, so we have a limit of $20 on it.  There's rarely anything I want for Christmas, so I always end up getting junk.  I usually give a hat and scarf or sometimes an afghan, which I like doing.  So last year, I came up with the idea to ask for a Hobby Lobby or Michaels gift card, and then we'd rig it so I'd get whoever gave me the card for the next year.  It might not pay for an afghan, but it'd definitely pay for hats and scarves. 

So this weekend I'm going to go find some yarn to make my cousin an afghan.  I think this will be the first Christmas present from a cousin I haven't donated in like 5 years, so I'm pretty psyched to use it.  I've even been told that he wants it white and blue, so at least it's narrowed down some.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Giving a few jewelry presents this Christmas - so there will be a slight reduction in my natural gemstones, Czech beads and other jewelry making supplies. Looking forward to finishing an Egyptian style necklace for myself that I started months ago and designing several new and all different styles necklace and earring sets for gifts.
It probably will not put much of a dent in my supplies - but it will be fun and energizing to create something beautiful.

I've started taking inventory and organizing so I'll have a nice workspace soon. The Mustachian in me gleefully scooped up a clearance deal at a high end merchandise clearance store which normally does not carry jewelry supplies. It was just what I needed for that Christmas gift for a good friend. Can't wait to get started on that piece - beautiful cobalt blue art glass beads.

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2017, 08:38:07 PM »
I like to host a 'Use-it-up' craft/hobby day with about a dozen adults and kids.  Last year was too much of a free for all, but they all made paper projects, took home whatever supplies they wanted, and we had tea and snacks and had fun.  This year I have done a lot of decluttering already and I don't want to do too much prep to get it going.  I'm thinking of having a few kits out that I have still in my stash that anyone can finish (card pieces and paper gems), and then bits of yarn and fabric scraps.

The yarn will become pom poms - with ideas to make thim into decorations, hat toppers, or backpack or bag clips, or keychains

The fabric can be cut or ripped into strips and turned into twine like this http://www.gina-michele.com/2016/12/twinefabricscraps.html     - I think I need a few more ideas for what the twine can become though- using it for tieing presents, wrapping cans or vases, or using lots and lots of it to make a coaster set or even a rug are a start.   The fabric strips could also wrap hangers like this  https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/562246334721863105/

I could potentially do some small sewing or upcycle projects, but again don't want to go too crazy with set up and having to supervise machines. I guess it will depend on the group and their attention span.

Any other ideas (especially for using the twine)?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
Great tip on the fabric twine!  How about making waste paper baskets? Or (though it's a shame to hide it) using as cording in pillow edges?

I just finished binding three potholders that I started last December.  Happy, because now they are done and I have new, much-needed potholders. Sad, because no appreciable dent made in my stash.

Suzanne

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2017, 11:27:07 PM »
The great Panna fabric made in India are really famous when compared to that of Egypt.
It is an appeal whenever you go to MUMBAI, India or Surat which are two textile giant cities with lots of company fabrics available.

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »
No twine ideas. I can't seem to finish WIPs and they become UFOs whenever I have to make a decision that feels "too hard". For Christmas I've finished some little soft toys out of scraps that I started 2 years ago, so at least those will be done. Then I think I'll have to make a list and work out what steps are left in each project so I can get through them without getting stuck on the decisions.

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2017, 05:52:23 PM »
My  'Use-it-up' craft/hobby day was a success!  Lots of fabric and little odds and ends went out the door, and dozens of cards were made and many snacks were eaten. We also had people playing video games at the same time - lots of fun and I didn't have to prep much at all.  I even made a few feet of fabric twine - much easier than I thought it was to make.  Thanks for the tips and encouragement here!

Tick-Tock

• Stubble
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »
Finished two quilts that have been UFOs for awhile (one was sandwiched and then became a place for kitties to lie and watch me sew -- and I lost those kitties in 2015, so that tells you how long that project was sitting!).  Also made a third quilt using some stash fabric.  Happy to be sewing again!

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2017, 12:47:13 AM »
While doing some last minute decluttering for donation tax deduction purposes, I set aside several pairs of pants and jeans with holes in them.  Not good enough to donate, but so much useful fabric.  I know I want to make a jean quilt, but I think there is more than that there.  My mom also has a couple totes full of jeans (she needed a bunch to make small quilts to cover hay bails for my sister's wedding.  My aunts show up to the wedding with a bunch of jeans.  Hearts were in the right place, but it was a little late since all the quilts were done!)

Anyway, it sparked an idea.  I plan to cut them into large pieces and sew 2-3 pairs of pants legs together to make small dog quilts.  My mom has a ton of home decor fabric samples (10x10 inch or so) that the store was going to throw out.  I'll sew those together for one side, and the jeans for the other side.  Envelope it, sew a big "X" through the center, maybe a few more quilting stitches, and done!  I'll add some poly batting for older dogs.  I'll donate them to the shelter where I got my dog several years ago.

At least, that's the plan.  I need to call them Tuesday to see if they will take them (they can use them there, or send them with the dogs when the dogs get a new home).

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
Finally sewed soup bowl cozies! And I used the opportunity to make a youtube video, which was one of my goals for the year-more videos.

If you need a way to use up fabric, this is a good one:
https://youtu.be/PXOGUYztqXw

They make really great gifts.
Just remember: ONLY cotton if you plan to microwave them.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
I'm using fabric I have around to make costumes today for a play.  Saving money and fun with fabric, win win!

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »
Finally sewed soup bowl cozies! And I used the opportunity to make a youtube video, which was one of my goals for the year-more videos.

I loved your video!  Succinct, and helpful. I bought some "Wrap 'n Zap" (all cotton, no scrim) and will be making some myself.  I'm not sure how important 100% cotton thread is, but I think/hope I have some.

frontstepdesign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »
Yay, I was hoping there was a thread on "finally sew with all that stuff you've accumulated, dammit"!

Projects in progress:
1.  Embroidered shearling coat
2.  Velvet thermal curtains

Both of these are to help deal with the Old Cold House - but mostly I hang out under the coat while I work on it, and half the curtains are hung temporarily, so to get thermal benefits, though they need hemming/binding/hardware adjustments to work properly.

I will not list the backlog here now, so as to not be discouraged.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »

I loved your video!  Succinct, and helpful. I bought some "Wrap 'n Zap" (all cotton, no scrim) and will be making some myself.  I'm not sure how important 100% cotton thread is, but I think/hope I have some.

Thanks :) Glad it helped someone.  They were a fun project.
Honestly, I'd just watch the microwave. I DOUBT there would be a fire if you use a polycore thread; but I don't know...

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
Sewed pillows for our newly redecorated living room.
I used 2 of my invisible zippers- the stash of which is nearly gone; all the long neutral color ones are at least.  I made 7 pillows, the rest envelope style - instead of buying new zippers.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2018, 08:14:11 PM »
Yay, I was hoping there was a thread on "finally sew with all that stuff you've accumulated, dammit"!

Projects in progress:

That. Is. Gorgeous!!

frontstepdesign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #338 on: February 06, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »

Projects in progress:

That. Is. Gorgeous!!

Thank you!  It will also be great entertainment value for money, since I certainly won't finish it until NEXT winter. (mixed feelings)  I have been researching my family's origins in Eastern Europe, and the bits of 'found heritage' are coming to life in this coat, in rather a meaning-rich way.  I was originally inspired by the Russian sister's coat in Season 1 of American Gods.

Further detail in case anyone cares:
My grandfather was born in a place that is ethnic Hungarian (language spoken), but now located in Ukraine.  So I am drawing from both cultures, because neither was conveyed to me or dad ('what do you care about the old country?  You are American, you have everything here!')  I love embroidery and graphic design, and both cultures are rich in it. 

Embellished shearling coats were worn in pictures of early 20th c immigrants (that'd be my family) from the region.  I found a fake one on Ebay (lighter, cheaper, less mummified) that I liked the cut of, but it buttoned in a modern way.  So those trees are "visible mending" to conceal the buttonholes.  I used trees because I needed a horizontal bar to cover the buttonhole, and it's very Magyar(Hungarian), from as early as the country's founding pre-1000 CE, to have a series of horizontal bars, supporting buttons and loops.

The trees are embroidered in white wool, because whitework embroidery predates colored (though I also love the area's felt applique, just saving for something else I think), and white is associated far back into the mythology with deity and sunlight.  I also thought of trees in each season because there were 4 buttonholes needing to be mended.  (There's actually a fifth under the collar, but that location made no sense for a bar/button combo, so it has a mandala/moon combo on left and right side.)  I found cast oak acorn buttons for the 'root' of each tree. 

I'm presently knitting i-cord for the button loops, and after that plan to spin/weave a piled fabric for the collar - as if it were a piece of traditional shaggy coats called Hunia from that region.  After all of that, the coat will be wearable - but then the back feels kind of plain...I might design a Tree of Life (also traditional) for the back, which will take all of next winter to embroider, for sure. 

^^^I AM NUTS.  Why can't I put this kind of awesomeness into a web design sideline?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2018, 09:24:33 AM »
Because it is much more satisfying to create a lasting work of art with your hands. In a hundred years, it doesn't seem likely that people will look at your web designs in awe ("ooo, this site was hand-crafted by a skilled artisan in the year 2018! You don't get that kind of quality in graphics these days!)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:26:34 AM by Poundwise »

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
frontstepdesign, the story of your coat is amazing. Thanks for reminding me this thread exists!

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2018, 05:28:02 AM »
Wow, I embroider too sometimes and I just love your work!  So lovely!

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2018, 04:55:49 AM »
@frontstepdesign do you mind sharing your references with me, in a PM if you prefer? I also have a magyar heritage that I know very little about but love the embroidery and designs, and would like to learn more about it.

frontstepdesign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2018, 01:27:17 PM »
Because it is much more satisfying to create a lasting work of art with your hands. In a hundred years, it doesn't seem likely that people will look at your web designs in awe ("ooo, this site was hand-crafted by a skilled artisan in the year 2018! You don't get that kind of quality in graphics these days!)

This is HILARIOUS.  Thank you @Poundwise, I will look at this whenever I bash my head against my usual Sisyphean workload!

@oneday and @Zaga Thank you!

@Anatidae V To avoid hijacking this thread, I will put a post on my journal with a number of citations - you are welcome to subscribe to any of my Pinterest boards.  (I apologize for them being somewhat all over the place - I did not know at first that I was actually researching TWO languages, multiple cultures, in several countries. Add in that Pinterest has recently added Sections to Boards, and I have some reorganizing to do.) 

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
BAby needed some new sweatpants. Sewed two pairs using only scraps. Just wish each pair used more LOL.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2018, 08:56:21 PM »
I went into my UFO stack, and have been working on a quilt I started in a class TWO years ago. It is coming together nicely, but today I realized I may not have as much background fabric as I need. I was actually on line looking to see if I could find some place that would sell this fabric - you know that quilting fabrics are mostly one run and done - when I came to my senses. If I need the quilt larger, I will add other colors of fabric. I am trying to get RID of fabric, not spend more on projects that are not high priority.

Carrie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #346 on: February 12, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »
I went on a fabric fast for about 3 years, only buying what I needed to finish projects (mostly just batting & thread). I have depleted my stash greatly, and will probably need to budget to buy some new fabric this year for upcoming projects. In the time I've taken off from buying, fabric prices have gone through the roof!  That was an unpleasant surprise.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
@Carrie -

I know what you mean. I remember that five or six years ago we were told that cotton prices went up, so the prices of cotton fabric went up too. I believe after a couple of years, cotton prices dropped, but so far fabric prices did not.

Off the Wheel

• Bristles
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »
I'm a new crafter, but jumping into this thread for both easy sewing projects (that's one of my 2018 goals) and as a reminder that I have LOTS of yarn to go through before I buy more. :) Currently working on a scarf with one skein, and plans to make mittens with another while it's still sweater season.

Nancy

« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
I haven't knit/crocheted in over a year, but the cashier at my grocery store asked if I was a knitter/crocheter (how did she spot me?) and gave me a flyer for a hat/glove/scarf/blanket craft donation drive for a local homeless shelter. I came home and made a hat out of some old yarn. I'm completely done with it. I bound it off right away (I can't explain why I usually procrastinate; it's so easy).

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!