Author Topic: September 2019 goals  (Read 2765 times)

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Years Until FIRE Calculator
September 2019 goals
« on: August 26, 2019, 07:28:40 AM »
I really liked the "July 2019 Goals" topic, so here's the September version :)

My goals for September:

Personal goals:
1. Spend more time with my wife and our baby girl
2. Limit wasting time on my phone to 10 minutes a day (I'm addicted to Quora, weekly newsletters and a few more apps)
3. Call my parents and brother a bit more frequent

Financial goals:
4. Reach 65% SR
5. Buy new glasses already, those are too old now (company gives us $100 contribution once every 2 years, and I haven't used this ever)
6. Cancel stupid investment account with ridiculous fees and invest the money in an aggressive way
7. Cancel extra bank card that I haven't used for 3 years

Fitness goals:
8. Design a whole week's training in advance every week
9. Run at least 16 times and a total of 100 km
10. Go to the gym at least 8 times
11. Do at least 1000 push-ups

Other goals:
12. Read at least 1200 pages (at least 600 pages of self-improvement books, the rest can be fiction)
13. Cancel Spanish class (2 per month, $24 total) or at least go only once a month
14. Check my shoes and get rid of the ones that I can't use anymore
15. Continue experimenting with React, trying to finish a basic app
16. Send at least 20 applications to foreign companies looking for VBA programmers whether I can work for them from home
17. Sell my domain portfolio if I receive a good offer

Wow, I thought I was going to list only a few goals, and now I have 17 of them. Let's see how this works out :)

I hope you all have a great September!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
Re: September 2019 goals
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:54:32 PM »
Love it & thanks for posting!

Personal goals:
-Limit computer time after 7:30 pm
-2 dates with my husband
-Start thinking about 2020 travel plans

Financial goals:
-Close on our refi
-Now that my sabbatical is (sadly) coming to an end, decide how to best use upcoming stock & salary
-Reshuffle refi funds
-Rebuild projection of house payoff with new interest rates
-Sell five more items

Fitness goals:
-Run 15 miles/week, follow my training plan for my upcoming half marathon
-Lose 3 lbs
-15 strength training workouts
-8 stretching workouts

Other goals:
-Use up 10 random pantry items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up)
-Use up 10 random freezer items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up)
-Get my son up & running with a plan at home (homework) & at school (504), post diagnosis
-Journal & meditate 10x each
-Read one non fiction books

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:56:14 AM »
I guess it is time to pick goals for September!  Let's see...

1. Read 3 books
2. Bake every week
3. Hang pictures
4. At least 1 social outing (game night or other)

LostGirl

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »
    Yes! I could use some motivation and goal setting this month. 

1. Be more active:
    • Work out 3x/week
    • Take walks or bike rides with kids 2x/week (does not count as a workout)
    2. Get some me time:
    • Garden 2x/week
    • Go on 2 day dates with husband
    • Meditate 3x/week

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 03:10:26 AM »
Welcome @MaybeBabyMustache, @Raenia, @Pennycounter!
I'm not a big fan of September (bad weather, less sunshine), but I get excited every time I check my ambitious but very doable goals, and now I'm waiting September :)

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 01:18:20 PM »
I'm in for some motivation in September.

FINANCIAL
1. Save $1587. MINIMUM - will try for $256 more in extra savings.
2. Experimenting with new budget - new save-spend ratios.

HEALTH
Considering participating in a diet bet challenge.
1. Getting back on track to 10,000 steps a day - one step/day at a time. Installing the google fit app and fitness pal app to start.
2. Ordered a book/recipes for an immune (inflammatory) diet to improve my health and well being.
3. Researching some supplements and herbs to add to my diet.
4. Designing a weekly meal plan - two meatless days (probably three meatless for me)
5. Integrating several different diet plans into one meal plan that works for us.
6. Adding intermittent fasting to the mix.
7. Getting a spiralizer to easily prepare more raw salads, veggies, fruits - I actually love that stuff so I'm looking forward to carrots, cucumbers, apples...
8. Exercise 10 to 30 min each day - using my CDs that I haven't even opened yet from like five years ago:).

JUST BECAUSE
1. Bake the three-ingredient no-knead bread from a young homesteader on youtube.
2. Then bake the four ingredient no-knead bread from the French guy on youtube.

3. Read one new challenging non-fiction book.
4. Read at least one of my new finance books. One out of three, yet to be studied, mulled over and read.

5. Keep working on de-cluttering the study and taming the paper tiger.

6. Go to the Asian section at our local outdoor market - flea-market to find fresh ginger root and turmeric roots to plant in my garden.
Also, buy fresh roots for cooking and teas - people sell there from their own organic gardens.

7. Try to spend an hour in the garden even if outdoors does not agree with me, try two 30 minute work sessions.

8. Check with my insurance what incentives, gift cards, silver sneakers membership plan they offer.

9. Find a good smoothie recipe using fresh avocados from our garden.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:20:38 PM by Rosy »

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 02:39:15 PM »
I was just making myself a spreadsheet for goals!  Convenient.

Fitness - I'm just getting back into working out and being better to my health after having a baby 5 months ago and moving further away from work a few weeks ago
  • Lift weights at least twice a week
  • Get myself solidly in the next lowest 10s digit for weight.  I'm straddling the line at my morning weigh in, and I'd like to be more in the middle of the lower range.
  • Track my calories, just to see where I am.  I'm breastfeeding and am certainly not going to starve myself, but if my only exercise is weights twice a week, I don't need to be eating 3000 calories/day.
  • Make sure I'm eating fruits or veggies at every meal
Food - We've been living on noodles and freezer meals while we unpack and figure out shopping now that we're not literally around the corner from the grocery store
  • Meal plan every week
  • Only go to the grocery store twice a week
  • Have a minimum of one meatless dinner/week, preferably two
  • Stay in-budget for groceries
Home life - Life is hectic with a new house and a 5 month old and a three year old...
  • Finish unpacking the office in our new house
  • Spend more intentional one-on-one time with our preschooler every week
  • Put my phone in the cupboard to charge when I get home.  I need it for recipes and stuff, but it should start the night there so I'm on it less often.

Work Life - apparently work is my "down time" away from my kids in the morning, but I am easily distracted from my desk job
  • Stay off this dang forum after 7 am :)  That gives me time to drink my coffee when I get to work and peruse new posts, but then I'll be significantly less distracted
  • Get all of my budget updates done by 7 am as well, if at all possible, or just update on the weekends
  • Don't look at anything frivolous on my phone - FB, instagram, feedly, etc.

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2019, 06:26:54 AM »
Welcome @Rosy and @chaskavitch!

You have ambitious goals, but I'm sure you'll succeed! :)

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »
@kaposzta - ambitious and exhausting:) is exactly what I was thinking when I read your goals for the month too.

Today's action steps wipe out several points on my list already - yay - progress!

FINANCIAL
1. Save $1587. MINIMUM - will try for $256 more in extra savings. - SAVINGS $1,587 DONE:) - xtra sav will be whatever is leftover at EOM:)

HEALTH
1. Getting back on track to 10,000 steps a day - one step/day at a time.
Installing the google fit app and fitness pal app to start. - DONE:) - now I just need to learn to use and implement...

2. Ordered a book/recipes for an immune (inflammatory) diet to improve my health and well being. - Shipping delayed - so I'm on my own this week.
Working on a meal plan with books and google. Winging it:)

3. (I have been) Researching supplements and herbs to add to my diet - mostly for rheumatoid arthritis. - IMPLEMENTING: fresh Turmeric roots and fresh Ginger roots - just grating some of the goodness into our food.
Also learned how to make a tea incl both spices, plus cinnamon, grated pepper, honey and lemon verbena.
I plan to experiment more.

4. Designing a weekly meal plan - two meatless days (probably three meatless for me) - EASY, one fish day, one mushroom burger day, one veggie/cheese casserole day, one old fashioned German APPLE pancake, one extra day for me replacing a meal with a healthy smoothie.

5. Integrating several different diet plans into one meal plan that works for us. - Working on it!

6. Adding intermittent fasting to the mix. - For now just making sure I quit eating at 7pm.

7. Getting a spiralizer to easily prepare more raw salads, veggies, fruits - I actually love that stuff so I'm looking forward to carrots, cucumbers, apples...
- Today, just slicing things the old fashioned way:) -
A spiralizer will make it more fun and appetizing. I like my food to be a treat for the eyes.
Nothing fancy for dips  - going with sour cream and Himalayan salt as a general dip for now, white wine vinegar dressing, some cream cheese for celery..., fresh ground peanut butter and some hummus. 

JUST BECAUSE
2. Then bake the four ingredient no-knead bread from the French guy on youtube. - Today will be my first attempt at baking my own bread from scratch!

5. Keep working on de-cluttering the study and taming the paper tiger. - Nominal progress - ongoing...

9. Find a good smoothie recipe using fresh avocados from our garden. - TESTING my first smoothie today!

Well, I'm off to a good start - but it is early on, so we'll see how I fare throughout the month. It's a bummer the inflammatory (immune) diet recipe book will be so much delayed, but I can wing it until then.
I'm hoping the smoothie with avocados from our garden will be edible:) - I'll let you know.

Totally excited about getting a spiralizer FOOD FUN and today baking my first loaf of bread - no-knead, no machine bread. I chose to start with the French recipe because he's clear on how to cool/cut and freeze the bread as well, besides who knows more about bread than the French, right?:)

There is only the two of us and I don't want to waste good bread so being able to freeze it for sandwiches, cheese - avocado? toast is important.
Not that I couldn't polish off an entire loaf in a day with butter and fruit compote all by my not so little self.

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 06:48:32 AM »
@Rosy
It seems you proceed with all your goals :)
Regarding fasting: if you quit eating at 7pm it's almost certain that you reach a good enough fasting time (13 hours), even if you eat breakfast.
I usually skip breakfast and only drink coffee in the morning, so it's very easy for me to reach 16 hours, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea on days when I'm running and/or working out in the morning :)
Let us know how your first bread baking went :)

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 07:02:15 AM »
@Rosy If you need another bread recipe after your French bread, the NYT Crusty No-kneed bread is also delicious :)  I just made some Pioneer Woman Oatmeal sandwich bread for the first time, too, and was pleasantly surprised with how good it is.  Making things is fun!

And it's 7:01, so I'm over my limit for forum-time.  Hope your bread was tasty!

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »
Great, I had a busy August so that's why I didn't get around to posting one.. thanks for starting September!

1. Finish reading "Sapiens" by Yuval
2. Finish a batch of aged eggnog to be ready for christmas
3. Spending <1,000
4. After-tax savings >3000
5. Research five volunteer opportunity possibilities in the city that I just moved to
6. Research where to go to donate blood
7. Perform negative visualization ten times

I think that's a reasonable list that would make for a productive month. Hope everyone has a great September
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:59:24 AM by philli14 »

cari8285

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 03:48:32 PM »
I'll join!

Financial (what I'm most focused on right now)
  • Pay off CC1 (already done!)
  • Put at least $300 toward CC2.
  • Do not spend any money on my dog or foster dogs for the rest of the month.
  • Beat my budget for groceries which is set at $100. (August I spent $81, thinking I can do it again)
  • Only fill up my gas tank 1.5 more times this month.
  • Do not put a single thing on my credit card.

Physical
  • Ride my bike to work every.day. (3 mile round trip, so far it's been very easy).
  • Bike to the gym and work out at least 2 times a week.
  • Plan (at least) one hike with my doggy.

Educational/Professional
  • Submit my 2nd capstone project.
  • Get at least 3 more modules completely done with.
  • Finish up both of the modules that I am almost done with (not to be included in the 3 module goal above).

I'll stop here. I think all of this is really doable!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »
Checking in, to get the ball rolling for myself:

Personal goals:
-Limit computer time after 7:30 pm - ha. It's 8 pm now. Should work on this.
-2 dates with my husband - one down.
-Start thinking about 2020 travel plans - haven't started this.

Financial goals:
-Close on our refi - got the final rate lock. Waiting for last confirmation & expecting to close next week.
-Now that my sabbatical is (sadly) coming to an end, decide how to best use upcoming stock & salary - not done
-Reshuffle refi funds - have to wait until closing
-Rebuild projection of house payoff with new interest rates - waiting for final disclosures
-Sell five more items - have sold 3/5

Fitness goals:
-Run 15 miles/week, follow my training plan for my upcoming half marathon - ran 2 miles this week
-Lose 3 lbs - haven't weighed in yet
-15 strength training workouts - 1/15
-8 stretching workouts - 0/8

Other goals:
-Use up 10 random pantry items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up) - 3/10
-Use up 10 random freezer items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up) - 0/10
-Get my son up & running with a plan at home (homework) & at school (504), post diagnosis - first appt tomorrow
-Journal & meditate 10x each -][/i]3 & 1 time, respectively
-Read one non fiction books - haven't started
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:30:28 AM by MaybeBabyMustache »

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 04:59:37 AM »
Fitness goals:
-Run 15 miles/week, follow my training plan for my upcoming half marathon - have sold 3/5

I think you maybe pasted the wrong sentence here :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 06:30:43 AM »
@kaposzta - ha, yes!

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »
Week 1 update...

1. Read 3 books - 1 down, 2 to go.
2. Bake every week - Haven't baked yet for this week, but I hope to tonight.  Next week I will probably miss due to travel.
3. Hang pictures - Done!
4. At least 1 social outing (game night or other) - Not done, we skipped this week's game night due to a bad day at work.  Next week is out, so will try for week 3.

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 09:34:46 AM »
Week 1 update - not great, but I was more mindful of even my bad choices with this list looming in the background

Fitness -
Worked out once last week - excuse is that we had company all week?
Lost zero weight
Tracked calories 4 of 7 days
Fruits and veggies, check!

Food -
Meal plan success!
Grocery store twice!
No meatless dinners :(
Grocery budget is monthly, no update

Home life -
Opened one box in the office
Took preschooler to the park
Less phone time, but still too much

Work Life -
Definitely still updating budget and on the forum at 9:33, bad times
Check, no frivolous phone stuff at work

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »
Week one update

Haven't made any progress yet.

Going to cancel this goal. I decided to go home (out of country) so I outsourced the task to my Mom so it'll be there when I'm home, and won't have to worry about transporting, customs, etc.

3. Spending <1,000
On track

Might be tough. Income not as high as I was expecting.

5. Research five volunteer opportunity possibilities in the city that I just moved to
Haven't started.

Haven't started.

1/10.

Slow start. Cmon

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »

My goals for September:

Personal goals:
1. Spend more time with my wife and our baby girl On track, I'll try to spend even more quality time with them.
2. Limit wasting time on my phone to 10 minutes a day (I'm addicted to Quora, weekly newsletters and a few more apps) No real progress, I started to substitute mindlessly watching Youtube videos with VBA and programming tutorials, I spend a bit less time on Quora, and I usually don't bring my phone to the toilet :)
3. Call my parents and brother a bit more frequent Small progress, this week my mother will be on a vacation with her girlfriends and my father is at home alone, so I'll call him every day during this week.

Financial goals:
4. Reach 65% SR On track, but if I have to buy a 3 months public transport ticket at the end of September (7% of my salary) I can't reach this target.
5. Buy new glasses already, those are too old now (company gives us $100 contribution once every 2 years, and I haven't used this ever) I've already found and read the company policy and process about this, but it's sooo complicated. I have no other choice but to select a day to visit the ophthalmologist.
6. Cancel stupid investment account with ridiculous fees and invest the money in an aggressive way No progress, I've just checked the location of the insurance office.
7. Cancel extra bank card that I haven't used for 3 years I have a strong feeling that it got cancelled automatically, but I have to check this. Moreover, they overcharged me for my real card, so I want to ask them about that as well.

Fitness goals:
8. Design a whole week's training in advance every week I missed it for this week, I'm doing it right now.
9. Run at least 16 times and a total of 100 km 4 runs and 18.6km, I didn't have time to run today morning.
10. Go to the gym at least 8 times 1/8
11. Do at least 1000 push-ups 90/1000, lol.

Other goals:
12. Read at least 1200 pages (at least 600 pages of self-improvement books, the rest can be fiction) Some progress, but I kinda lost interest for the time being. I'll restart reading self-improvement books this week.
13. Cancel Spanish class (2 per month, $24 total) or at least go only once a month I'll go once a month.
14. Check my shoes and get rid of the ones that I can't use anymore I've collected to them into separe groups (keep, trash, give away), but only in my mind :)
15. Continue experimenting with React, trying to finish a basic app No progress.
16. Send at least 20 applications to foreign companies looking for VBA programmers whether I can work for them from home No progress.
17. Sell my domain portfolio if I receive a good offer I've sold a few domains to a reseller, and one domain to and end-user. I like domaining again :)

Wow, I thought I was going to list only a few goals, and now I have 17 of them. Let's see how this works out :)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »
Self Improvement

* Finish my assertiveness workbook. (Due mid-Oct, I want time to review.)
* Fill out 10 assertiveness scorecards.
* Complete self defense course and practice weekly on my own.
* Repeat boundaries exercise.

Events

* Schedule either a clothing swap or optimization council.
* Attend 3 more political action events.
* Lead a hike.

Boring Adult Stuff

* Clear out 1 bin of stuff from storage closet.
* Use up produce bin or get in freezer ASAP.
* Stretch goal: do my state taxes. (Also due mid-Oct.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:51:07 AM by MonkeyJenga »

cari8285

• Stubble
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 08:38:27 AM »
Week 1 Update

• Pay off CC1 (Done)
  • Put at least $300 toward CC2. (On track to be able to put more than 300 towards this credit card, possibly up to 500).
  • Do not spend any money on my dog or foster dogs for the rest of the month. (Got some tiny chews for them that cost about 3 dollars, will be reimbursed by the rescue)
  • Beat my budget for groceries which is set at $100. (August I spent $81, thinking I can do it again) (Should be able to do this.. I might have enough food to last me the rest of the month)
  • Only fill up my gas tank 1.5 more times this month.(Running errands for the rescue emptied out my tank but they reimbursed me, and that should last me the rest of the month)
  • Do not put a single thing on my credit card. (So far so good! And I don't see this being an issue at all for the rest of the month)

Physical
  • Ride my bike to work every.day. (3 mile round trip, so far it's been very easy). (So far, so good. Biked in the rain this morning)
  • Bike to the gym and work out at least 2 times a week. (On track for working out 2 times a week, but drove to the gym this morning because it was thunder storming at that point)
  • Plan (at least) one hike with my doggy. (still need to do this... maybe i'll schedule in time this upcoming weekend!)

Educational/Professional
  • Submit my 2nd capstone project. (So close, just gotta finish my power point, should just do that tonight.)
  • Get at least 3 more modules completely done with. (Merp.)
  • Finish up both of the modules that I am almost done with (not to be included in the 3 module goal above). (Double merp... really gotta get on this.)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:28:28 AM by kmconeill »

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
Week 2 update...

1. Read 3 books - Done!
2. Bake every week - I did get last week's baking done.  This week might be missed as I am visiting family, but I hope to bake something tomorrow after I get home.
3. Hang pictures - Done!
4. At least 1 social outing (game night or other) - Not done, due to visiting family.  Will try for week 3.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 05:18:37 PM by Raenia »

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »
Self Improvement

* Finish my assertiveness workbook. (Due mid-Oct, I want time to review.)
* Fill out 10 assertiveness scorecards. Have been slacking
* Complete self defense course and practice weekly on my own. Slacking on the practice by myself
* Repeat boundaries exercise.

Events

* Schedule either a clothing swap or optimization council.
* Attend 3 more political action events.  Two scheduled
* Lead a hike. Scheduled

Boring Adult Stuff

* Clear out 1 bin of stuff from storage closet.  Stuff is out, waiting to be picked up, next step is cleaning the bin itself
* Use up produce bin or get in freezer ASAP.
* Stretch goal: do my state taxes. (Also due mid-Oct.)

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2019, 03:16:22 AM »
Update: I was sick last week, nothing serious but I couldn't really concentrate on my goals. I skipped running from last Tuesday to this Friday, and I also couldn't go to the gym. I managed to spend more time with my family, and I also called my parents very frequently. I somehow lost motivation to read last week, maybe it's the result of having a cold, I just simply didn't feel it. It's coming back, and finally, today morning I was able to do some jogging - ~2 miles, but at least it's something, better than nothing or procrastinating :)

cari8285

• Stubble
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2019, 10:33:34 AM »
Week 2 Update

Pay off CC1 (Done)
Put at least $300 toward CC2. (So far, I've put over 400 on the credit card. Should be able to put another 100-200 by the end of the month.
Do not spend any money on my dog or foster dogs for the rest of the month. (Restocked my dog's food but should last her another 2 months now.)
Beat my budget for groceries which is set at $100. (I'm at $54 right now so I should  be good with this one.)
Only fill up my gas tank 1.5 more times this month.(Filled up my tank this past weekend which cost $17, should be good for the rest of the month.)
Do not put a single thing on my credit card. (Still doing great with this one!)

Physical
Ride my bike to work every.day. (Still biking everyday, even last week when it rained almost everyday)
Bike to the gym and work out at least 2 times a week. (Doing good with working out twice a week, but it's been split on riding my bike. I drove twice and biked twice.)
Plan (at least) one hike with my doggy. (Was going to do it last weekend, but plans changed. This upcoming weekend it says it'll be raining... Ugh, maybe next weekend..)

Educational/Professional
Submit my 2nd capstone project. (Submitted it and presenting it tonight!)
Get at least 3 more modules completely done with. (I submitted my capstone which counted as 1, once I present it tonight, that counts as 1, and I'm halfway done with another one, will definitely be done with it before the end of the month. Might have time to get a 4th module done if I really hustle.)
Finish up both of the modules that I am almost done with (not to be included in the 3 module goal above). (Done!)

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
Making my way through it. Really good book. Hope to make more progress this weekend

Going to cancel this goal. I decided to go home (out of country) so I outsourced the task to my Mom so it'll be there when I'm home, and won't have to worry about transporting, customs, etc.

3. Spending <1,000
Still technically on track but this is going to be very close.

Marking this a failure. Not going to happen unless I come across a wad of cash on the street. Short about $400 as I didn't have a full paycheck week. [/s]

5. Research five volunteer opportunity possibilities
Done.

Done.

7/10.

Better. Still some work to do before the end of the month.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:07:08 PM by philli14 »

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2019, 05:18:15 PM »
Week 3 update...

1. Read 3 books - Done!  Currently at 5
2. Bake every week - On track.  I baked bread Monday to make up for missing last week, and made up a new batch of pizza dough yesterday for this week.  Feeling extra ambitious, so I may bake madeleines tonight or tomorrow.
3. Hang pictures - Done!
4. At least 1 social outing (game night or other) - Went to lunch with MIL, SIL, and DH's aunt

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
Week 3 update:

Personal goals:
-Limit computer time after 7:30 pm - I've started going for a walk or reading, so doing better.
-2 dates with my husband - yes, we've had 2 dates.
-Start thinking about 2020 travel plans - haven't started this.

Financial goals:
-Close on our refi - done!
-Now that my sabbatical is (sadly) coming to an end, decide how to best use upcoming stock & salary - plan is done
-Reshuffle refi funds - moved
-Rebuild projection of house payoff with new interest rates - done
-Sell five more items - Yes - done!

Fitness goals:
-Run 15 miles/week, follow my training plan for my upcoming half marathon - I've barely run at all
-Lose 3 lbs - nope
-15 strength training workouts - 4/15
-8 stretching workouts - 0/8

Other goals:
-Use up 10 random pantry items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up) - 1/10
-Use up 10 random freezer items (not things we regularly rotate through - things that aren't getting used up) - 5/10
-Get my son up & running with a plan at home (homework) & at school (504), post diagnosis - first appt tomorrow
-Journal & meditate 10x each -][/i]11 & 4 time, respectively
-Read one non fiction books - haven't started

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »
Week 3 - I am doing a terrible job with most of my goals, specifically the fitness ones.  I am firmly at 150 lbs straddling the line and have not been tracking my calories or making time for working out.  I'm thinking about the rest of the month, and I'm downsizing my goals considerably, lol. 

Health
- Work up to eating ~800 g of plants a day by eating fruits/veggies/salad with every meal
- Make time to be active twice a week, whether it's lifting weights, going on a walk, or running.  Weights are preferable, but impossible to do with kids right now.
- Brush my teeth with our 3-year old at bedtime.  This was helpful in the past, but I got out of the habit.

Money
- Again, stick to our budget, especially in 1) kid stuff 2) groceries 3) personal spending
- Meal plan every week

Home
- Do one fun thing/week with just the toddler - park, friends, library, build a mud castle, I don't care.  Something with just the two of us.

Week 1 3 update - not great, but I was more mindful of even my bad choices with this list looming in the background

Fitness -
Worked out once last week - excuse is that we had company all week? Worked out once last week, at least
Lost zero weight
Tracked calories 4 of 7 days zero days
Fruits and veggies, check! Actually doing ok here

Food -
Meal plan success! Meal planning is still going well
Grocery store twice! Extra grocery store trips for cake ingredients for my mom's bday
No meatless dinners :( One meatless dinner.  Progress!
Grocery budget is monthly, no update Way tf over.  My husband is bad at shopping when he's hungry, and I'm a sucker for what my 3 year old wants

Home life -
Opened one box in the office Opened more boxes, put away a bunch of books
Took preschooler to the park My parents were here last weekend, so we went kayaking!  Fun fun.
Less phone time, but still too much Same.  I'm getting better at not looking at my phone randomly, but it's still out too much

Work Life -
Definitely still updating budget and on the forum at 9:33, bad times ... it's 8:43, so...
Check, no frivolous phone stuff at work Doing well here - it's easier because I don't have wifi at work, and I don't want to use up my data on dumb things.

kaposzta

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 05:08:05 AM »
Just a small update, I was quite passive last week. But it's good to see you all have a nice progress :)

My goals for September:

Personal goals:
1. Spend more time with my wife and our baby girl On track, I'll play more with my child, so my wife can have some free time :) I'll try to spend more time with her as well.
2. Limit wasting time on my phone to 10 minutes a day (I'm addicted to Quora, weekly newsletters and a few more apps) No progress :(
3. Call my parents and brother a bit more frequent I called them a few times, that's okay, but it turned out they also had (and have) many programs and don't always have time for me :D

Financial goals:
4. Reach 65% SR I had to buy new pants last week, thanks to my diet :) But I think I'll be able to reach 65% SR this month.
5. Buy new glasses already, those are too old now (company gives us $100 contribution once every 2 years, and I haven't used this ever) No progress.
6. Cancel stupid investment account with ridiculous fees and invest the money in an aggressive way No progress.
7. Cancel extra bank card that I haven't used for 3 years No progress.

Fitness goals:
8. Design a whole week's training in advance every week I forget to plan this for last week and for this week as well :(
9. Run at least 16 times and a total of 100 km Just 2 runs, but at least the second was 12.6 km (7.8 miles).
10. Go to the gym at least 8 times Still 1/8, I've had hard times waking up early, stupid cold dark September...
11. Do at least 1000 push-ups 420/1000, small progress, I'm planning to do at least 100 push-ups in the evening.

Other goals:
12. Read at least 1200 pages (at least 600 pages of self-improvement books, the rest can be fiction) I went to sleep quite early each evening, so I could read only in the morning and during commute. I might have read around 300 pages this month.
13. Cancel Spanish class (2 per month, $24 total) or at least go only once a month I'll go once a month.
14. Check my shoes and get rid of the ones that I can't use anymore I've collected to them into separe groups (keep, trash, give away), but only in my mind :)
15. Continue experimenting with React, trying to finish a basic app No progress.
16. Send at least 20 applications to foreign companies looking for VBA programmers whether I can work for them from home No progress.
17. Sell my domain portfolio if I receive a good offer Thanks to a great promo, I started buying domains again - I'm using the $316 from the last sale to build up a better portfolio.

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »
Brilliant. Great book.

3. Spending <1,000
Failed. $1129.

Failed. $2500.

5. Research five volunteer opportunity possibilities
Done.

Done.

11/10.

All in all a pretty good month outside of my financial goals. Opposite of what usually happens, but I am still adjusting to a new location and new job.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
Final update...

1. Read 3 books - Done! Total of 5.
2. Bake every week - Success!
3. Hang pictures - Done!
4. At least 1 social outing (game night or other) - Success!

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »
Final update - met 80% of my goals.
The 20% that didn't happen all had to do with health, diet, fitness, but overall I did rather well in that department. Came up with new dishes and improved our diet considerably.

Exceeded my goals for fall gardening - I'm positively thrilled with that since I've been working in the garden between three to five hours every day, even on Saturday and Sunday.
Dropped the ball on dealing with the paper tiger - minimal progress. Boo!

cari8285

• Stubble
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2019, 10:46:01 AM »
Final Update

Pay off CC1 (Done)
Put at least $300 toward CC2. (Ended up putting almost 800 by the end of the month.)
Do not spend any money on my dog or foster dogs for the rest of the month. (Restocked my dog's food but that's it.)
Beat my budget for groceries which is set at $100. (Beat it!)
Only fill up my gas tank 1.5 more times this month.(I think I ended up filling it twice instead of 1.5 times. Oh well.)
Do not put a single thing on my credit card. (Put something on my credit card when I forgot my debit card at home but paid it off right away so that card is back at a 0 balance.)

Physical
Ride my bike to work every.day. (Done!)
Bike to the gym and work out at least 2 times a week. (Definitely worked out twice a week, but drove more often than biked. Changing studios for this upcoming month which will make it easier to bike.)
Plan (at least) one hike with my doggy. (It's been raining A LOT but I did take her on a 1.5 hr walk through local trails last week.)

Educational/Professional
Submit my 2nd capstone project. (Done!)
Get at least 3 more modules completely done with. (Ended up finishing 2.5 modules. I'm slacking so bad at this.)
Finish up both of the modules that I am almost done with (not to be included in the 3 module goal above). (Done!)
[/quote]