Author Topic: Target FIRE: 2017  (Read 186861 times)

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
Re: Target FIRE: 2017
« Reply #1500 on: January 06, 2018, 02:22:22 PM »
So here I am, a month into FIRE, and I just last night had the epiphany that I might *not* have doomed spouse & me to financial ruin by leaving my job. I say this not to be a downer, but in case anyone else has been struggling with the transition while watching other people post about their delirious post-FIRE happiness and hoping to get some of that soon.

Brains are funny things.

Indeed.  I was riddled with horrible anxiety for a couple of days because it appears I grossly underestimated what our 2017 tax bill will be.   The difference is less than 1% of our stash.  In the grand scheme of things, it is next to nothing, and we could earn it back through part time work this year if we decide it is important enough to do so.  But that rationalization is not good enough for my Inner Bag Lady spirit animal, of course.  She is insisting that this is the first tile of the Domino Display of Doom that is going to sink us into financial and spiritual doom.

Does anybody know if there is a version of xanax that you can feed to your Inner Bag Lady to make her chill the fuck down? 
Wherever you go, there you are

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1501 on: January 06, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
Does anybody know if there is a version of xanax that you can feed to your Inner Bag Lady to make her chill the fuck down?

Pretty much Xanax will do that. Or possibly THC/CBD, if they are legal where you live.

Sometimes meditation can help too, but for me it's kind of hit or miss.

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
« Reply #1502 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »
Does anybody know if there is a version of xanax that you can feed to your Inner Bag Lady to make her chill the fuck down? We

I've heard group therapy (aka attending meetups) helps :-).

SwordGuy

• Magnum Stache
    • Flipping Fayetteville
« Reply #1503 on: January 15, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »
So here I am, a month into FIRE, and I just last night had the epiphany that I might *not* have doomed spouse & me to financial ruin by leaving my job. I say this not to be a downer, but in case anyone else has been struggling with the transition while watching other people post about their delirious post-FIRE happiness and hoping to get some of that soon.

Brains are funny things.

They are, indeed!

We've made our piece with it and will FIRE in May 2018.