Author Topic: Target FIRE: 2017  (Read 173547 times)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Target FIRE: 2017
« Reply #1400 on: October 25, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »
I started my FIRE a week before I left for a 3 week trip including CMC which I am still on.

I have not had time to decompress! Too much hiking, walking around fun cities, canoeing, etc. I really want this decompression time but it has not arrived yet. I have only taken one "off" day during my first week of vacation. I thought I'd rest today too after accidentally hiking around 7 miles yesterday, but no such luck. I ended up on a strenuous hike instead. Oh well, I will be going home soon.

I too worry I will end up sleeping in a lot, as I have done this in the past when I had time off. I am hoping that after an initial sleepfest, I will enter into a more normal routine.

I think starting my FIRE with an active vacation was a good choice. Let's see what happens when I return home.

Acastus

• Stubble
« Reply #1401 on: October 30, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »
I decided to go for One-More-Year. I like to think it will be early 2018, at any rate. I want a little more padding in the nest, since I will still have a mortgage for a handful of years, and my kid starts college in 2 years. I want to give him the gift of no or low student loans, as I had plenty when I graduated over 30 years ago.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1402 on: October 30, 2017, 08:01:02 PM »
Thanks for the congrats, y'all! Nov 2 is my last day.

At CMC, I raised this laziness worry in the post fire session. I'm going to travel for a few months before looking for a paid gig in politics. I worried that I would be too addicted to my afternoon naps to get back into a job. The group helped me realize my time off isn't going to be lazy, it's going to be full of all the things I want to get a job doing. Plus, I have the power to shape my job schedule to my needs.

T minus 3  days, if my math is correct.

I am not reading your journal (yet), but plan to when I get back from my FIREcation. You are probably pretty psyched!

How is this last week going?

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #1403 on: October 31, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »

At CMC, I raised this laziness worry in the post fire session. I'm going to travel for a few months before looking for a paid gig in politics. I worried that I would be too addicted to my afternoon naps to get back into a job. The group helped me realize my time off isn't going to be lazy, it's going to be full of all the things I want to get a job doing. Plus, I have the power to shape my job schedule to my needs.

I am not reading your journal (yet), but plan to when I get back from my FIREcation. You are probably pretty psyched!

Yes! Three more days including today. Maybe only two more days, as my boss doesn't see a point to me coming in on Thursday. I have no work left to do, so it's been pretty nice. I still am excited to be completely done with it!

I'll be starting a new journal soon, so you can get in on the ground floor.

How has post CMC FIRE been?

Kay-Ell

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1404 on: October 31, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »
I have no work left to do, so it's been pretty nice. I still am excited to be completely done with it!

I can totally relate to this feeling.  I had a 6 week transition period, and by the last half I had a MAXIMUM of 1-2 hours of work a day.  I started pre-FIRING and going to the gym or on hikes or whatever during the day.  And while I didn't feel any real guilt over it, there was still something hanging over my head.  Working without having any real work or responsibilities is really quite different actually being totally off work!

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1405 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »
I have no work left to do, so it's been pretty nice. I still am excited to be completely done with it!

I can totally relate to this feeling.  I had a 6 week transition period, and by the last half I had a MAXIMUM of 1-2 hours of work a day.  I started pre-FIRING and going to the gym or on hikes or whatever during the day.  And while I didn't feel any real guilt over it, there was still something hanging over my head.  Working without having any real work or responsibilities is really quite different actually being totally off work!

I spent a year in this state. It was really quite bizarre working an hour a day and nobody noticing or caring.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1406 on: October 31, 2017, 06:13:35 PM »

Yes! Three more days including today. Maybe only two more days, as my boss doesn't see a point to me coming in on Thursday. I have no work left to do, so it's been pretty nice. I still am excited to be completely done with it!

Great! You are almost done.

Post FIRE has been busy, fun, and now that I just made it home...tiring. I think my decompression time has arrived.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1407 on: October 31, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »

Great! You are almost done.

Post FIRE has been busy, fun, and now that I just made it home...tiring. I think my decompression time has arrived.

Excellent, Daisy! Welcome to decompression and sleep.

FIREy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1408 on: November 01, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »
Officially FIRE today!  I was self-employed, so no dramatic exit. Spent the last few days closing down my office. Now more time and space for rest, working out, stepping up creative projects...  Feels so freeing.

Kay-Ell

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1409 on: November 01, 2017, 03:32:46 PM »
Officially FIRE today!  I was self-employed, so no dramatic exit. Spent the last few days closing down my office. Now more time and space for rest, working out, stepping up creative projects...  Feels so freeing.

Congrats! 

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1410 on: November 01, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »

Congratulations!

Your first creative project is to come up with a fictional dramatic exit FIRE story. Feed the FIRE masses with a juicy story.

GuitarBrian

• Stubble
« Reply #1411 on: November 08, 2017, 02:15:38 AM »
I have a date set! Last day is Nov. 28, 2017. So I am officially in the '17 group :D

The next day I am flying to Costa Rica/Panama for 2 months. After that... It is nice to not know!! 14 years of scheduling out every day...

No crazy exit story, sorry. I am self employed. So far I'm telling my family it is a year off... I'll still have rentals I need to manage, but I don't consider that a "job".

I am looking forward to not traveling all the time and getting some roots set down. I am going to start a journal one of these days. Lots of thoughts swirling away...

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1412 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »
Due to some unexpected crap at work, I am back in the 2017 fold. My last day at work is 12/1/17. And, srsly, thank the FSM for FU money.

Please tell me FIRE is awesome. Right now I'm just really stressed.

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1413 on: November 14, 2017, 08:49:01 AM »

Romag                    September 1, 2016  Confirmed
Threshkin                October 31, 2016   Confirmed
Metta            (at 55) January 1, 2017    Confirmed
MrsWhipple       (at 32) January 1, 2017    Confirmed
FIRE me                  January 3, 2017    Confirmed
Mf3333           (at 56) Jan 15,2017        Confirmed
Zineth           (at 49) January 27, 2017   Confirmed
MarciaB          (at 55) January 31, 2017   Confirmed
MsGreenStash     (at 51) February 1, 2017   Confirmed
dabears847               February 17, 2017  Confirmed
Cottonswab       (at 30) March 1, 2017      Confirmed
Goldielocks              March 10, 2017     Confirmed
Dragoncar                March 15, 2017     Confirmed
Oblivo           (at 35) March 24, 2017     Confirmed
DollarDominatrix         March 24, 2017     Confirmed
John Doe         (at 50) March 31, 2017     Part time
Fairviewite      (at 27) April 24, 2017     Confirmed
oneyearfromnow   (at 51) April 28, 2017     Confirmed
freedom47        (at 48) April 28, 2017     Confirmed
Remote_Landlord  (at 39) May 8, 2017        Confirmed
FrugalAussie             May 11, 2017       Confirmed
Penguin159               May 12, 2017       Part time
Myhotrs          (at 38) May 12, 2017       Confirmed
BNgarden         (at 58) May 24, 2017       Confirmed
Stasher          (at 43) May 19, 2017       Confirmed
Rachael Talcott  (at 42) May 21, 2017       Confirmed
Financial Asc.   (at 39) June 1, 2017       Confirmed
MandalayVA       (at 50) June 1, 2017       Confirmed
Meadow Lark              June 3, 2017       Confirmed
Rahby1us                 June 16, 2017      Confirmed
Seattle Carter           June 23, 2017      Confirmed
Bruizer          (at 56) June 30, 2017      Confirmed
WannaGoOutside   (at 45) June 30, 2017      Confirmed
Easypeasy        (at 35) July 1, 2017       Part time
Mrs. Pomodoro    (at 43) July 7, 2017       Confirmed
MadBikePoet      (at 44) July 11, 2017      Confirmed
SachaFiscal      (at 41) July 21, 2017      Confirmed
MandyM           (at 38) July 25, 2017      Confirmed
Freedom17        (at 38) July 28, 2017      Confirmed
Jack06           (at 42) August 1, 2017     Confirmed
Cookie78         (at 39) August 3, 2017     Confirmed
ks135ks          (at 34) August 18, 2017    Confirmed
dividendman      (at 35) August 18, 2017    Confirmed
Cache Stash      (at 54) August 24, 2017    Confirmed
sw1tch           (at 33) September 8, 2017  Confirmed
Daisy            (at 48) September 29, 2017 Confirmed
Bigchrisb        (at 35) October 1, 2017    Confirmed
Kay-Ell                  October 20, 2017   Confirmed
FIREy            (at 46) November 1, 2017   Confirmed
MonkeyJenga      (at 31) November 30, 2017  Confirmed
concealed stache (at 35) December 1, 2017   Confirmed
RedmondStash             December 1, 2017
Zephyr911        (at 39) Dec 15, 2017
SwordGuy         (at 59)                    OMY
Mrs. SwordGuy                               OMY
Noble_goal                                  OMY
JoJo             (at 43)                    OMY
homestead neohio (at 39)                    OMY
UnleashHell      (at 49)                    OMY
Jim2001                                     OMY

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1414 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:04 AM »
Due to some unexpected crap at work, I am back in the 2017 fold. My last day at work is 12/1/17. And, srsly, thank the FSM for FU money.

FIRE is awesome beyond your dreams, beyond what you can plan. FIRE is freedom. Freedom cannot be described, it can only be experienced. It is like love.

We are cheering you on and look forward to welcoming you into the pool of FIRE happiness. Good luck, RedmondStash!

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1415 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:53 AM »
I second that. FIRE is freaking awesome. Living life on your own terms. The one thing that surprised me is how insanely busy I've been though.

Come join us!

lhamo

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1416 on: November 14, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »
FIRE is awesome.  Welcome back!
Wherever you go, there you are

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1417 on: November 14, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »

Congratulations...I think???

FIRE is only as awesome as you make it. Make it awesome.

What is FSM? I googled it and found a Rastafarian reference.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
    • Cookie's Goals
« Reply #1418 on: November 14, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »

C'mon in! It'll be great!

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1419 on: November 14, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

Pastafarian ;)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:00:47 PM by Freedom17 »

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1420 on: November 14, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I should come on in, the water's fine. :)

And I'm so glad everyone seems to be having such a great time!

Flying Spaghetti Monster. See Freedom17's image. It's a sort of tongue-in-cheek God alternative. So, yeah, "Pastafarian."

Financial Ascensionist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1421 on: November 14, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »

I'm typing this while eating some freshly cooked red lentils in a perfectly unremarkable hotel room in Southern California.  Tomorrow, I will be heading to Joshua Tree National Park for several weeks of rock climbing there.  FIRE is amazing.  There are a few challenges, but then you have so much time to figure out a solution that it all seems all too easy after a while.  It's actually kind of hard to refrain for having a soft laughter and a rather smug looking smile on your face when you reach the above realization. 

No need to agonize.  Your burn rate is elastic and you can scale your expenses up or down really easily, especially when you have a lot of time to do things yourself, such as cooking.  Take a moment to update your spreadsheets with your most recent numbers, this should help you calm down.  Then start a list of all the cool things you will be able to do now that you have time to dedicate to your deepest aspirations.   FIRE is awesome!

Goldielocks

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1422 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:47 PM »

So Awesome.
No alarm clocks.
Ability to connect with friends and family in a real way, without rushing or being too tired.
Cooking much better food for dinner, too.

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1423 on: November 15, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
Thanks again, folks. Your stories really do reassure me.

Part of my stress is work stress, and part is "OMG now I have to actually put all that theory into practice. How do you turn on the dividend faucet again?" It's just a big change.

But I'll get it all figured out. Two and a half weeks and counting.

And congrats to everyone who has taken the leap and is now soaring over the countryside. (Okay, maybe not the best metaphor. Hey, it's early. :) )

markbike528CBX

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1424 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:48 AM »
Part of my stress is work stress, and part is "OMG now I have to actually put all that theory into practice. How do you turn on the dividend faucet again?" It's just a big change.

Same here, 50/50 stress beginnings, but I have 6 months to go. 

"OMG now I have to actually put all that theory into practice. How do you turn on the dividend faucet again?" It's just a big change.   ----   RedmondStash, are you my twin?  This is exactly how I feel.

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1425 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »

Same here, 50/50 stress beginnings, but I have 6 months to go. 

"OMG now I have to actually put all that theory into practice. How do you turn on the dividend faucet again?" It's just a big change.   ----   RedmondStash, are you my twin?  This is exactly how I feel.

lol, clearly we were separated at birth. I'm sorry you feel that way too, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one! And now you know that neither are you. :)

mishek01

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1426 on: November 15, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
Well, I guess I am in the 2017 FIRE club. I finally got laid off from my job, was hoping the layoffs would come in September so that I could say that I was FIREd at the age of 30 (nice round number,) but it didn't come until Oct 23rd at an age of 31. I have been off for 3 weeks and have enjoyed my time with the kids and catching up on stuff without feeling like I am in a rush. Great thing about getting laid off is that on top of leaving a job on good notice, they also gave me a severance package, so I get paid until the end of the year SWEET! It makes the retirement even more worry free, although it wasn't really needed, it is just a nice added bonus.

Anyways, I visited these retirement "class of" pages a couple of times in the past 2 years and have always been wanting to add my name to the list, and now I can. I am being pressured by family to get a job and not be a "bum" but it looks like they are slowly warming up to the idea. I probably will end up doing something part time, or open up a business, or test one of my many ideas, but I just can't see a 9-5 job with a couple vacation days in my near future (unless it is for a cause that I believe in.) To me the FI is more important than RE, because I get to choose what I want to do, and it doesn't even have to be for pay. I actually been helping my friends buy first houses nearly commission free to help them out, helped friends with a few house projects, started getting my house in order, and done a lot of things I probably couldn't do if I needed to get paid for my time.

Sorry if I am typing up a huge post, for no apparent reason, I think I am just thinking "out loud" and typing it out. I am very excited for this chapter in my life, and I wonder where it will take me. If any of the early MMM retirees are ever in Louisville, KY and want to meet up feel free to message me. Wonder if anyone actually read this to the end :)

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
    • Cookie's Goals
« Reply #1427 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
Congrats mishek01!!

Zoot

• Stubble
« Reply #1428 on: November 16, 2017, 05:33:47 AM »
Wonder if anyone actually read this to the end :)

Every word.  :)

I love hearing the stories (and the accompanying processes, both internal and external) of people who are making their escape.  DH and I are close, but not there yet--Class of 2022, probably--so it's very helpful both psychologically and practically to watch others do it.

Congratulations--enjoy Freedom!  :)

Trifele

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1429 on: November 16, 2017, 02:19:27 PM »
Wonder if anyone actually read this to the end :)

I did!  I love this thread.  I am class of 2019 and I am just starting to get nervous about it . . . Reading your stories is so reassuring.  Thank you and congrats to all of you.  Well done.  :)

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #1430 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:19 PM »
Sorry if I am typing up a huge post, for no apparent reason, I think I am just thinking "out loud" and typing it out. I am very excited for this chapter in my life, and I wonder where it will take me. If any of the early MMM retirees are ever in Louisville, KY and want to meet up feel free to message me. Wonder if anyone actually read this to the end :)

Read to the end and planning on taking you up on that offer to say hi if/when we are that way. We're looking for a new home (eventually), so maybe can pick your brain on that area
Retired, or just homeless and jobless.
Blog
Journal

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1431 on: November 18, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Congrats Mishek and GuitarBrian!

Mishek01         (at 31) October 23, 2017   Confirmed
MonkeyJenga      (at 31) November 2, 2017   Confirmed
GuitarBrian      (at 28) November 28, 2017  Confirmed
RedmondStash             December 1, 2017
Zephyr911        (at 39) December 15, 2017

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:17:28 PM by Freedom17 »

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #1432 on: November 20, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »
I FINALLY GAVE NOTICE. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fuckin' love my boss and that made it even harder. He is familiar with my entrepreneurial efforts as well as my family situation, and he was incredibly supportive.

But this feels great.

Excuse me while I spazz out for a while. !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*@#$%^&#$%^&

***EDIT*** My actual last day is still sort of fluid, but I'm going to Argentina 12/18 for 4 weeks. It is *possible* that I will stay on the books and outprocess in January, but if you motherbitches try to call it OMY, I'll kick ALL YOUR ASSES AT ONCE. ;)

(*overstimulated*)

(*sorry*)

(*not sorry*)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:01:59 PM by zephyr911 »
Semi-FIREd December 2017, part-time entrepreneur, lover of puppies and saltwater.

Goldielocks

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1433 on: November 20, 2017, 04:25:52 PM »
If you only work January/Feb  next year, you will pay very very low taxes, earn partial SS credits, etc...

(You did not need that message, sorry! Something else to think about.)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #1434 on: November 20, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
If you only work January/Feb  next year, you will pay very very low taxes, earn partial SS credits, etc...

(You did not need that message, sorry! Something else to think about.)

With reduced income and possible tax changes, definitely consider prepaying some property taxes or accelerating any other deductions if possible/warranted.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1435 on: November 20, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
I'm unfortunately gonna be in high tax territory next year regardless, due to a pending IRA cashout that really can't be avoided. The good news is, most of the proceeds are going into a real estate operation that's churning out 30% returns on equity AND will pay me a small stipend plus commissions on its continued acquisitions. Win some, lose some, win some. Hehe
SO STOKED GUYS
Semi-FIREd December 2017, part-time entrepreneur, lover of puppies and saltwater.

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1436 on: November 20, 2017, 06:36:21 PM »
I FINALLY GAVE NOTICE. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fuckin' love my boss and that made it even harder. He is familiar with my entrepreneurial efforts as well as my family situation, and he was incredibly supportive.

But this feels great.

***EDIT*** My actual last day is still sort of fluid, but I'm going to Argentina 12/18 for 4 weeks. It is *possible* that I will stay on the books and outprocess in January, but if you motherbitches try to call it OMY, I'll kick ALL YOUR ASSES AT ONCE. ;)

(*overstimulated*)

(*sorry*)

(*not sorry*)

Congratulations!!

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #1437 on: November 21, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »

But this feels great.

(*overstimulated*)

(*sorry*)

(*not sorry*)

Congratulations!  It's not OMY if you are not actually working, but they keep paying you and you come back later to turn in your badge.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1438 on: November 21, 2017, 08:48:42 AM »
I'll try not to do any actual work if it goes to Plan B

SachaFiscal

• Stubble
« Reply #1439 on: November 21, 2017, 06:10:22 PM »
@zephyr911 you are awesome! Giving notice is a big deal and not easy to do. Congratulations on taking the leap.

Iíve been out of the rat race for 4 months now. Iím starting to slowly come out of decompression. Iíve started taking an online class for web development which is fun. I was an embedded software developer so itís nice to get back to coding but learning different technologies. Iíve also signed up for a music class spring semester at a community college. I realized that Iím not as self motivated as I thought so Iím taking some classes to help motivate me to learn new things on a more structured way. Itís really been helping me not feel aimless and depressed.

Right now Iím living it up in Sonoma on a wine tasting vacation. I just met a tasting room tender who quit his job as an equity trader to spend more time with his daughter. To me that is the American dream, to earn enough to live a life of meaning whatever that means to you. He was forced to get out because of health problems but I think that was a blessing in disguise because he now looks so healthy and happy. I love hearing stories like that of people getting out of the rat race. Probably why I spend so much time on this forum ;j

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1440 on: November 22, 2017, 02:50:24 AM »
Congrats Zephyr. So glad you're joining us in the class of 2017!!!

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1441 on: November 22, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »
Thanks, all. I celebrated Monday night with my wife and my 20yo half-brother, who's visiting for Thanksgiving.
I'm on my way in for probably just an hour or two today, mostly to sort out the details and then burn off some leave. Because of my travel plans, and the slow federal hiring process, one *possible* course of action under discussion involves my working PT for a few weeks after my month overseas. I'm okay with this if it helps with the transition, but frankly it sounds like the juice may not be worth the squeeze for my boss, due to all the inertia and bureaucracy he'd have to fight thru to get it approved.
Anywho.. the end result won't change. A whole month away will be good, and even if it's followed by a minor relapse in late Jan, the die is cast. It's already dramatically improving my mental health and home life, and I'm looking forward to much more of the same.

homestead neohio

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal - Seeds Sprout
« Reply #1442 on: November 22, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
I'm actually in a similar kind of in-between place, zephyr.  I was supposed to get laid off 12/31/17, that date got pushed to end of  March 2018, and now I won't have much work to do between those dates.  There will be no office to which I can physically go, so HOORAY for no winter commute!

So while I'm technically OMY and joined class of 2018 due to a required daily email check, it does not resemble the job I've been doing for many years.  I'm not sure how it will feel in the midst of it, if I'll resent the 1% tie I have left to my old career or if I'll just be so glad to be free of the 99%, but it is worth keeping the paycheck flowing for 3 more months.

I'm really looking forward to a boost in mental health and home life.  Keep us updated!

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1443 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37:54 AM »
We agreed on two weeks, Jan 15-26, outprocessing and completing my handoff. I'll be burning a few days of leave as well, so it won't be FT. Good enough for me.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
    • Cookie's Goals
« Reply #1444 on: November 26, 2017, 08:20:54 PM »
We agreed on two weeks, Jan 15-26, outprocessing and completing my handoff. I'll be burning a few days of leave as well, so it won't be FT. Good enough for me.

I'm a couple days late to the party, but CONGRATS!!

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1445 on: November 26, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »

I'm a couple days late to the party, but CONGRATS!!
And THANKS!
Gawd, what a run.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1446 on: November 26, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
Congratulations Zephyr! I'm so glad you're joining us in the pool of FIRE!

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1447 on: November 27, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »
My whole team knows now, and we'll be having an internal Christmas party in a couple of weeks where I'll get to say goodbye to most of them. Writing my official resignation letter today to check the box for HR, and will share the news outside my work area after that.

Mentally, decompression has already begun. I have a lot left to do to make this real, but it's getting there.

RedmondStash

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1448 on: December 01, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »
Well, it's done. Today was my last day at work. It was bittersweet, since there was a lot about my job that was great, but some stuff went down recently that made staying untenable.

Today, I'm sad and nostalgic. But tomorrow -- the adventure begins. :)

MonkeyJenga      (at 31) November 30, 2017  Confirmed
RedmondStash             December 1, 2017   Confirmed
Zephyr911        (at 39) Dec 15, 2017

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:40:35 PM by RedmondStash »

Freedom17

• Bristles
« Reply #1449 on: December 01, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »
Congrats RedmondStash! Welcome to freedom!