Author Topic: Race from $2M to $4M...and Beyond!  (Read 1269759 times)

2sk22

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Race from $2M to $4M...and Beyond!
« Reply #6350 on: September 11, 2022, 03:41:08 AM »

Planning for end of life care is an important topic, at least to me.    So far my plan consists of having a large stash as we get older.  It's not very detailed, but there are many factors beyond my control:
- we may not need end of life care, or we may need extensive end of life care.    Dementia has occured in both our families, so there's a significant risk of this.
- the level of support from the government is unknown, but it doesn't look very good
- the availability and cost to hire private support (ie PSW or private LTC facility) is unknown.    MIL is in a nice private facility at around 10K/month so at least there's  a stake in the ground.

Do you have any pointers you can share?

I wish I had something concrete to offer. By lurking on Bogleheads, I have concluded that none of the LTC policies currently available here in the US are worthwhile so we have no option but to self insure. Accordingly, in my planning I have included a yearly expense of about $150k in my 80s for care. Note that this is in 2022 Dollars - Pralana takes care of adjusting this by predicted inflation.

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6351 on: September 11, 2022, 05:13:47 AM »

Planning for end of life care is an important topic, at least to me.    So far my plan consists of having a large stash as we get older.  It's not very detailed, but there are many factors beyond my control:
- we may not need end of life care, or we may need extensive end of life care.    Dementia has occured in both our families, so there's a significant risk of this.
- the level of support from the government is unknown, but it doesn't look very good
- the availability and cost to hire private support (ie PSW or private LTC facility) is unknown.    MIL is in a nice private facility at around 10K/month so at least there's  a stake in the ground.

I wish I had something concrete to offer. By lurking on Bogleheads, I have concluded that none of the LTC policies currently available here in the US are worthwhile so we have no option but to self insure. Accordingly, in my planning I have included a yearly expense of about $150k in my 80s for care. Note that this is in 2022 Dollars - Pralana takes care of adjusting this by predicted inflation.

In part this is why I switched to a HDHP with an HSA a few years ago.  I don’t use the funds in the HSA and they are mentally designated as my LTC fund.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6352 on: September 12, 2022, 10:08:36 AM »
Decided to recategorize how we calculate net worth.  I've all but decided that I will take the annuity style pension vs the lump sum.  I've still got about 250 days to decide.  The annuity with 100/100 employee/survivor will be about $4500 a month.  There will be no COLA.  Yes interest rates will eat that value over time.  But, Social Security will be kicking in hopefully about that time.  So now I'm reducing our liquid net worth to 2.4 million dollars.  We stay in the club here, but I'm not counting that big lump sum payment anymore.  I don't include houses, cars boats or other crap either.  So now that I'm nearly broke , gonna have to bootstrap.  I think we'll still be fine as long as we recover by next summer.  Taking out that lump sum amount from NW, also increases my current percent down from old highs. 
Just some mental games to make myself think poor.
If you were to do the lump sum would you take the after tax cash and invest or roll into an IRA and take periodic distributions?

This shows why a household cash flow projection analysis is more meaningful than looking at NW to determine retirement readiness .

Congrats on your decision. I’m still haven’t decided what to do with mine pension, will more depend on what life throws at me over the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely we'd just roll it into an IRA and let it soak in a broad index fund for 5 to 10 years.  Which would potentially double it.  I'll see what interest rates are next summer.  I'll lose 100 to 150 thousand in payment if interest rates go higher.  The potential is about 700k total.  Could be as low as 550K.  The annuity would pay about 1.5 million or so over 30 years.   Using the annuity allows the 401K and IRAs to continue to grow however.

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6353 on: September 18, 2022, 09:33:14 AM »

In part this is why I switched to a HDHP with an HSA a few years ago.  I don’t use the funds in the HSA and they are mentally designated as my LTC fund.

Among various other financial mistakes I have made, the only one that actually still irks me is not knowing about HSAs until about a decade ago. I missed out on four years of potential eligibility. It would take quite the situation for me to withdraw a single penny from it for the next couple decades. I expect to only have another four years of work, so it will never be too big.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6354 on: September 18, 2022, 07:32:39 PM »

Among various other financial mistakes I have made, the only one that actually still irks me is not knowing about HSAs until about a decade ago. I missed out on four years of potential eligibility. It would take quite the situation for me to withdraw a single penny from it for the next couple decades. I expect to only have another four years of work, so it will never be too big.

Are you 61, because I plan on having an HDHP and contributing to an HSA until I’m 65.  18 years after I FIRE.

ATtiny85

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6355 on: September 20, 2022, 07:21:31 PM »

Are you 61, because I plan on having an HDHP and contributing to an HSA until I’m 65.  18 years after I FIRE.

Thanks! One more detail to look into. I had read people continuing to fund after retirement but it never clicked about what they were actually doing!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6356 on: September 20, 2022, 07:32:43 PM »
“Eagerly” awaiting the interest rate hike so I can tax loss harvest on my bonds again.  I think I’ve managed to “lose” 17k so far this year flipping between bond funds.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6357 on: September 23, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »
“Eagerly” awaiting the interest rate hike so I can tax loss harvest on my bonds again.  I think I’ve managed to “lose” 17k so far this year flipping between bond funds.

All my bonds are in tax sheltered accounts... so no harvesting there for me.

On the plus side my equities have lots of tax losses to harvest... haha

arcturus

• Stubble
« Reply #6358 on: September 23, 2022, 06:15:10 PM »

Well said...if ever there we a time where you wanted to reallocate your stock portfolio, now is your time!   Its been painful and the pain does not seem to be over and the Fed seems to have their mind set that they have more work to do in bringing the economy down. 

Of course you should disregard everything I say because I no longer qualify to be on this thread!  :-(

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6359 on: September 24, 2022, 05:15:21 AM »
Might have to change the title to "Race from $4M to $2M... and below!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6360 on: September 24, 2022, 06:35:44 AM »
Of course you should disregard everything I say because I no longer qualify to be on this thread!  :-(
Hmmm, can you sell some stuff on eBay? Start a side hustle? ;-)

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6361 on: September 24, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »

With the exception of dividends from this year and the like, my equity funds are still way to the plus side.  As my brokerage bond funds are all munis, I just have the same AA over all my accounts.  The tax implications of of them are really minimal in proportion to my W2 income.

rmorris50

• Bristles
« Reply #6362 on: September 24, 2022, 04:10:46 PM »
Might have to change the title to "Race from $4M to $2M... and below!
Little truth to every joke!

arcturus

• Stubble
« Reply #6363 on: September 24, 2022, 05:08:57 PM »

Haha -- not quite there yet, but may need to take you up on that advice before too long!   

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6364 on: September 24, 2022, 11:24:14 PM »

Haha -- not quite there yet, but may need to take you up on that advice before too long!
As long as you don't sell stocks, you'll be fine.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6365 on: September 25, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »
I have to say that when stocks are down like this, I'm very happy that we have most of our retirement income covered by non-stock and bond income.

And with the crazy rises in real estate prices and corresponding rents, we've made a fair bit on appreciation, too.   We got into the rental property market at a great time for low prices.   Sheer, dumb luck on our part that our timing was so good.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6366 on: September 25, 2022, 08:43:12 AM »
I have to say that when stocks are down like this, I'm very happy that we have most of our retirement income covered by non-stock and bond income.

And with the crazy rises in real estate prices and corresponding rents, we've made a fair bit on appreciation, too.   We got into the rental property market at a great time for low prices.   Sheer, dumb luck on our part that our timing was so good.

I admit.  It is very comforting to know I will have a pension that covers all of my needs, my investments will be 100% discretionary.  In a way sheer dumb luck for me as well because I ended up in a career, I never expected of myself.  (Federal Law Enforcement)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6367 on: September 25, 2022, 08:57:24 AM »

I admit.  It is very comforting to know I will have a pension that covers all of my needs, my investments will be 100% discretionary.  In a way sheer dumb luck for me as well because I ended up in a career, I never expected of myself.  (Federal Law Enforcement)
Same here. Between DBP with COLA* and rental income, we're set. I'm not sure what we're going to do when RMDs kick in. I think our favorite charities are going to be very happy. It's a nice and certainly unexpected** MPP to grapple with.

*DH's COLA is...interesting. The actual amount is based on a fairly standard formula, but the raise is capped at 4%/year. Any excess % is rolled forward,. We will have these COLA increases "on account", meaning we can count on a 4% hike every year for quite some time. Certainly until RMDs kick in. And rents keep climbing.

**Our younger selves would never have believed how well this stuff was going to work.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6368 on: September 25, 2022, 09:20:32 AM »
One more thing, I attended an estate planning seminar, put on by someone I know. It was offered by our library via Zoom. I asked what defined a small estate vs. large. Answer: Generally anything below $10M is considered "small" in the realm of Estate Planning. Thank goodness it was via Zoom and my lighting was deliberately dark so my face was in shadow. LMAO.

Apparently, we're mostly "Small" potatoes! How lucky are we that mustachian skills allow us to live "Large"?

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6369 on: September 25, 2022, 11:18:54 AM »
Well Dicey we do live in a very affluent area.  Yeah my Pension also has a COLA although it is somewhat Diet.  Under 3% inflation full COLA over 3% COLA -1%.  They past few years though, the pension COLA has been higher than salary increases.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6370 on: September 25, 2022, 12:55:32 PM »
Well Dicey we do live in a very affluent area.  Yeah my Pension also has a COLA although it is somewhat Diet.  Under 3% inflation full COLA over 3% COLA -1%.  They past few years though, the pension COLA has been higher than salary increases.
Yup. I was specifically thinking of this group. Being here tickles the shit out of me and this dude's pin popped my balloon.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6371 on: September 29, 2022, 10:37:58 AM »
Florida people y'all good?

Two days ago the center of the cone was on our house in Citrus County.  Our area has not been hit in one hundred years.  Neighbors said our house saw almost nothing.  Southwest Florida not so lucky. 
We've been through this in Louisiana.  I've been in our home with water entering the second floor in 2016 and felt the wrath of Cat 4 Hurricane Ida last year.  You can recover. 

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6372 on: September 30, 2022, 05:09:41 PM »
Glad to hear you dodged it, Bateaux.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6373 on: September 30, 2022, 05:53:41 PM »

Did our monthly net worth calculation tonight.

Stock/bond portfolio is down about $315,000 YTD.

But real estate is up significantly.  Home and 4 rental properties are up $140,000.   And we learned a more accurate property valuation for our farmland this year, so it's value is now $579,000 higher than we valued it at year end.   (In the past, having no idea what it was worth, we just valued it like it was a stock/bond portfolio with the average profit being the 4% yield.)  Now we have some comparative farmland sales in the area to use.

So, our net worth is about $390,000 higher than it was at the end of last year.

But I'll still be glad when the stock market starts moving upwards again!

rmorris50

• Bristles
« Reply #6374 on: September 30, 2022, 09:52:55 PM »
Our NW was 3.2 BOY, now it is 2.7 million. But we had bigger problems today. As Ian passed through Charlotte our neighbor’s house got pummeled by a massive falling tree. Looks like a tornado hit it. We had minor damage from it. For a sec I thought it was our house getting crushed. Everyone is fine but an emotional night. Our neighbor is staying in our guest room while we help her figure out her next steps. Hopefully her cats and my dogs get along!

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6375 on: September 30, 2022, 09:57:17 PM »
Our NW was 3.2 BOY, now it is 2.7 million. But we had bigger problems today. As Ian passed through Charlotte our neighbor’s house got pummeled by a massive falling tree. Looks like a tornado hit it. We had minor damage from it. For a sec I thought it was our house getting crushed. Everyone is fine but an emotional night. Our neighbor is staying in our guest room while we help her figure out her next steps. Hopefully her cats and my dogs get along!

Yeah, you!   

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6376 on: October 01, 2022, 09:08:02 AM »

Glad you're okay and kudos for helping your neighbor.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6377 on: October 02, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »

Don’t worry, the cats will teach your dogs who is the top pet soon enough.  Really just make sure there is something high they can escape too.

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6378 on: October 02, 2022, 05:53:37 PM »

Don’t worry, the cats will teach your dogs who is the top pet soon enough.  Really just make sure there is something high they can escape too.

Yeah, it's like dogs are loyal and will stay and die with you while cats are like I love you but I am already on high ground wondering why you idiots are still in the house!

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6379 on: October 02, 2022, 08:54:58 PM »

Glad things are survivable. 

Glad you could help the neighbor.

We helped out our old disabled veteran neighbor and others last year after Ida.  Two weeks with no power.   Kept his generator going.  Kept him fed.  Made sure he took his meds.
You're not longer a victim when helping others.  You're a fighter.

rmorris50

• Bristles
« Reply #6380 on: October 03, 2022, 02:53:04 PM »
Turns out the tree was well over 30 feet tall, an old white oak about 80 years old. Her sister started a Go Fund Me. If you are incline to help great, but you can see some pics too.

https://gofund.me/1d69c200

I am glad we have been able to help her. She did board her cats tho to alleviate everyone’s stress haha!

2sk22

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6381 on: October 05, 2022, 06:47:51 AM »
We have been buying an S&P index fund automatically since the early 1990s. I was recently updating the cost basis spreadsheet I keep for my S&P index fund in my taxable brokerage account. I noticed that between 2009 and 2011, we were buying shares at prices between 30 and 50 - which are now at 132.

That was soon after the 2008 crash: our jobs felt shaky, we had two young kids, and a mortgage. As a result, we simply did not feel comfortable investing more than about $1000 per month. I still have some slight regret that we didn't put away more in the index fund. I did eventually increase the investment amount in 2011.

Now in 2022, I am retired, wife is still making a good income and we have at least 5 years of expenses set aside in cash or equivalents. So I just increased our automated monthly investment to $6k per month. I plan to keep this up until my wife eventually decides to retire.

pecunia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6382 on: October 05, 2022, 03:19:13 PM »

Glad things are survivable. 

Glad you could help the neighbor.

We helped out our old disabled veteran neighbor and others last year after Ida.  Two weeks with no power.   Kept his generator going.  Kept him fed.  Made sure he took his meds.
You're not longer a victim when helping others.  You're a fighter.

I'm hoping your story will remain in my mind when it's my turn to help.

arcturus

• Stubble
« Reply #6383 on: October 15, 2022, 09:37:58 AM »
Man, 2022 needs to end.  Lots of health and financial challenges & extraordinary expenses within the family on top of the 4th or 5th worst bear market on record!   Quick check today to see I'm now below $1.8 invested, and maybe ~$2.3 nw.   In my never-ending spreadsheet journey, I'm now in the mode of needing to project a stock market rebound to keep my retirement plan from bleeding red.  Based on all of the turmoil in 2022, I figure I need a 10-15% rebound just to get back above $2M!

The positive is we have a beautiful day here in the midwest, and if 2022 has taught me anything, it is not to take basic things for granted.  Going to get out today and enjoy the fresh air!   

Hope everyone on this thread is weathering the storm (in literally every sense of the word) ok.  Maybe we should turn this into a therapy group?  Hope you all have a good one.....

2sk22

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6384 on: October 16, 2022, 04:16:12 AM »
The positive is we have a beautiful day here in the midwest, and if 2022 has taught me anything, it is not to take basic things for granted.  Going to get out today and enjoy the fresh air!   

Hope everyone on this thread is weathering the storm (in literally every sense of the word) ok.  Maybe we should turn this into a therapy group?  Hope you all have a good one.....

If it makes you feel any better, we are down a full million from the very peak in January 2022 :-)  But to be honest, I don't remember this except when I update our net worth tracker once a month - I have been thoroughly enjoying retirement.

rmorris50

• Bristles
« Reply #6385 on: October 16, 2022, 09:45:14 AM »
Yes happy Sunday everyone! Beautiful day in Charlotte, and the parents are driving through today, as they bound around the country on their retirement adventures. Step mom is early sixties and did a triathlon yesterday. We are still doing house renos despite NW being down 500k. Life keeps moving on, so just enjoying each day as it comes.

And today is a LOTR movie day, playing in the background as we go about our day .

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6386 on: October 16, 2022, 09:46:06 AM »
We’ve been hovering around three and a half. I had a lot of dry powder, so have been metering that back into the market on the drops. Looks like we’ll still be up for the year.  Flat in stocks, up in real estate. Plus we’re adding in still. Reminds me of the Buffett quote:

“A simple rule dictates my buying: Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.”

That’s been working for me…

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6387 on: October 16, 2022, 09:04:47 PM »
Down a little over 400K from the all time high. 
Still working and still saving.  I'm going backpacking this coming week in Alabama.  Temperatures may dip into the 20s.  I have a new backpacking quilt I want to temperature test.  I'll have 7 days of hiking before getting back to work.  Great thing is I'll only work 5 shifts before another vacation.  We're cruising from New York back to New Orleans.  Once back I'll work a few weeks and we'll spend New Year's at the Florida house.  After New Year's it will be a quick countdown to my Appalachian Trail Hike in the Spring.  I'll be doing so with PTO.  End of June I'm retirement eligible.  I'll soon be within 200 days of ending work!! 
Life is good for now.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6388 on: October 18, 2022, 12:26:19 PM »
I'm probably down about $300k.  Not sure.  I don't update my spread sheet when things are dropping.  I do have a couple hundred grand in cash and over $400k in savings bonds as we want to be able to retire without selling any stock or bond funds.  Early next year and I'm done.  Gave the boss the long lead time so he can get a req, find someone and I can work with them when they start.  We'll see.  I've been in several jobs where I gave the long time notice and the boss never seemed to get a replacement until 2 days before I was gone.

arcturus

• Stubble
« Reply #6389 on: October 18, 2022, 05:25:20 PM »
Yeah, I need to learn that lesson @Car Jack , just don't update when the market is way down.  And its good to see that the down market isn't impacting your plans/date (you as well @Bateaux )!   

BeanCounter

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6390 on: October 19, 2022, 03:53:02 AM »
I looked and it’s ugly. Compounded by the fact that my kids seem to be in really expensive phases of life.
I was born into a family of frugal investors. I can remember my mother walking in from the mailbox and depositing sealed envelopes into the drawer of her desk during the dot com bust. “Eh paper losses, we just won’t open those” she said. I wish I could do the same!

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6391 on: October 19, 2022, 07:16:13 AM »
I update our net worth every month, up or down.   Recording the changes has largely inoculated me from fear about this recession.

Our stocks/bonds are about $325,000 lower YTD.    Then again, our home/rental real estate is up about $140,000.  I just got a more accurate assessment of our farmland value in January and it was substantially higher than I had guessed for many years before.  As in $580,000 higher!   

So, we're dipping into rental income more this year and using it for monthly living expenses instead of for investments.   One of our two farms (the larger one) won't produce a profit this year or next as we're levelling the land on it to increase its yield.   So we're making small, extra withdrawals of stock a few times this year.   First year we've needed to do that for regular living expenses in the 4 1/2 years we've been retired.   We've just been making the RMDs on the IRA I inherited from my mom and my wife's 401K before then.

arcturus

• Stubble
« Reply #6392 on: October 22, 2022, 09:15:33 AM »
I looked and it’s ugly. Compounded by the fact that my kids seem to be in really expensive phases of life.
I was born into a family of frugal investors. I can remember my mother walking in from the mailbox and depositing sealed envelopes into the drawer of her desk during the dot com bust. “Eh paper losses, we just won’t open those” she said. I wish I could do the same!

I'm right there with you @BeanCounter .  2022 has been really expensive for the kids.  Like embarrassingly bad.    I share your inability to *not* look at the numbers! :-)

On the positive, it looks like another beautiful weekend here in Ohio!

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6393 on: October 24, 2022, 06:55:12 PM »
I only backpacked 4 days and 42 miles on my recent trip.  I developed blisters on both feet.  Never had that happen before.  I think I need to train more and toughen up my feet.  Working indoors and having a couch potato summer didn't help.  But the days I was out there were definitely beneficial.  I dropped a few pounds and toned a few muscles.  I'll hopefully have a few more opportunities as the weather here in the South cools a bit more.  I met some great people at the hostel during the hike.  Hopefully we'll meet up again soon.    Financially wise everything is cool.  I've got over 8 months of paychecks still to come even if I quit in May.  Maybe the stock market will be in recovery by next Summer.  If not, who gives two shits.  I'll still have a pension.

pecunia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6394 on: October 25, 2022, 08:31:20 AM »
I only backpacked 4 days and 42 miles on my recent trip.  I developed blisters on both feet.  Never had that happen before.  I think I need to train more and toughen up my feet.  Working indoors and having a couch potato summer didn't help.  But the days I was out there were definitely beneficial.  I dropped a few pounds and toned a few muscles.  I'll hopefully have a few more opportunities as the weather here in the South cools a bit more.  I met some great people at the hostel during the hike.  Hopefully we'll meet up again soon.    Financially wise everything is cool.  I've got over 8 months of paychecks still to come even if I quit in May.  Maybe the stock market will be in recovery by next Summer.  If not, who gives two shits.  I'll still have a pension.

Right attitude not to stress and a lot of physical activity.  If you eat right too, you'll make it to 100.

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6395 on: October 26, 2022, 05:12:56 AM »

Right attitude not to stress and a lot of physical activity.  If you eat right too, you'll make it to 100.

No need to stress about anything very soon.  I just received a new air-conditioning/heater unit to replace my old ducted system.  I'll be installing it the rest of the week.  Should make for a lower electric bill and I'll be able to control each rooms custom temperature.  I'd considered taking an overnight bicycle trip instead.  But time is better spent getting the HVAC done.  Dreading crawling in the attic though. 

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6396 on: October 29, 2022, 08:00:10 AM »
I’ve got to brag on my sub 26 year old new co worker (still on her parents health care because I mentioned looking at the HDHP plans during open season).  She is already maxing out TSP while now living in the Bay Area on a salary with a base of less than 80k.  I also had the other new person up their TSP from 5 to 10% to start getting closer to the max.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #6397 on: October 30, 2022, 12:15:47 PM »
I’ve got to brag on my sub 26 year old new co worker (still on her parents health care because I mentioned looking at the HDHP plans during open season).  She is already maxing out TSP while now living in the Bay Area on a salary with a base of less than 80k.  I also had the other new person up their TSP from 5 to 10% to start getting closer to the max.

Please show them at their age if Roth is a question that they’re better off going that way vs full pre-tax contributions given their age and years o retirement with tax-free potential and added flexibility for access to funds in early retirement.

ingrownstudentloans

• Bristles
« Reply #6398 on: November 08, 2022, 07:09:06 AM »
Joining this race after a short stint in the 1-2 race.  Focusing on continuing to double my money in as short a period of time as possible.

(tracking retirement accounts, taxable accounts and conservative equity in my rental properties, investment land and side businesses)

12/2014    $32,000
12/2016    $64,000 (24 months)
1/2018      $128,000 (25 months)
5/2019      $256,000 (16 months)
11/2020  $512,000 (19 months)
12/2021  $1,024,000 (13 months)
4/2022    $2,048,000 (4 months)
[10/2023 $4,096,000 (19 months] **TARGET**
--
4/1/2022     $2,336,219
5/1/2022     $2,398,670
6/1/2022     $2,556,025 - I realize others in this "race" don't report monthly, or at all, but it's become my monthly ritual when I update the spreadsheets.  Thanks for bearing with me :)

11/1/2022    $2,919,364

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6399 on: November 08, 2022, 07:21:18 AM »
Joining this race after a short stint in the 1-2 race.  Focusing on continuing to double my money in as short a period of time as possible.

(tracking retirement accounts, taxable accounts and conservative equity in my rental properties, investment land and side businesses)

12/2014    $32,000
12/2016    $64,000 (24 months)
1/2018      $128,000 (25 months)
5/2019      $256,000 (16 months)
11/2020  $512,000 (19 months)
12/2021  $1,024,000 (13 months)
4/2022    $2,048,000 (4 months)
[10/2023 $4,096,000 (19 months] **TARGET**
--
4/1/2022     $2,336,219
5/1/2022     $2,398,670
6/1/2022     $2,556,025 - I realize others in this "race" don't report monthly, or at all, but it's become my monthly ritual when I update the spreadsheets.  Thanks for bearing with me :)

11/1/2022    $2,919,364
In this market? Details, please!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!