Author Topic: Race from $1M to $2M  (Read 115229 times)

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Race from $1M to $2M
« Reply #700 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:24 PM »
My NW went over $1.5 million today...again.

Bird In Hand

• Bristles
« Reply #701 on: November 08, 2018, 08:03:30 AM »
My NW went over $1.5 million today...again.

Nice!

October was obviously a big downer, but the last week+ has erased almost half those losses (in my case at least).

brooklynmoney

• Bristles
« Reply #702 on: November 08, 2018, 07:47:42 PM »
It was feeling almost too easy before and I was very close to my goal. More fun this way! Of course Iím still in accumulation mode.

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #703 on: November 09, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »
It was feeling almost too easy before and I was very close to my goal. More fun this way! Of course Iím still in accumulation mode.
Where do you stand now, brooklynmoney?  We still have the friendly race between ourselves!  :-)

brooklynmoney

• Bristles
« Reply #704 on: November 10, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
Cornbread this race is not friendly itís dead  serious haha. I got bumped back about $70k so Iím at 1.4 and change. In reality I will never catch you because you have your well deserved pension and I am a corporate drone with no pension.

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2018, 12:30:15 PM »
Cornbread this race is not friendly itís dead  serious haha...
Whoa!  This is getting serious!!  :-)

I got bumped back about $70k so Iím at 1.4 and change.
$1.4 is damn good and only going to get higher.

In reality I will never catch you because you have your well deserved pension and I am a corporate drone with no pension.
Isn't this like comparing apples and oranges?  I keep my pension amount separate from my net worth.  Net worth is just net worth.  Then there is the amount of passive income produced from the net worth.  This is when I take that amount and add the amount of the pension to come up with a dollar amount.

You probably will overtake me in NW soon.  In about nine months, my accumulation phase most likely will be put on hold indefinitely as I decide on my FIRE options.

brooklynmoney

• Bristles
« Reply #706 on: November 11, 2018, 06:58:01 AM »
Thanks for the support, Cornbread. I likewise am thrilled for you receiving permission to retire.
Itís funny what people do or donít count on net worth. I actually dont count my home equity as I feel like itís not real until I actually sell. They are shutting down my subway line and Iím sure the value is tanking right now but Iím hopeful it will recover at some point.

No matter whose net worth is higher we both win because we will have the freedom to live life as we choose as FI individuals.

Cornbread OMalley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #707 on: November 11, 2018, 01:26:15 PM »
No matter whose net worth is higher we both win because we will have the freedom to live life as we choose as FI individuals.
Amen!!