Author Topic: No Spend March!  (Read 1336 times)

Dee_the_third

• Pencil Stache
No Spend March!
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
Who's in?

As always, adjust the rules so that the challenge works for you and your life.

---------

For our household, goals that hurt but are definitely attainable:

$250 grocery spending (A change to eat down our stores. I have a habit of buying in triplicate when it's on sale but forget about it sometimes.)

$0 gas (This is easy. We arranged out lives to bike to 75% of our destinations)

$50 restaurant (This is hard. We eat out about once a week when we just can't. It accounts for about 30% of our spending.)

$0 Netflix (Ha. So work has been hard and when I get home I just sit on the couch and stare at the screen. Gonna cancel for the month and maybe start going to bed earlier?)

Exempt: Utilities, previously vetted recurring expenses and the like are exempt. 

philli14

• Bristles
Re: No Spend March!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 08:49:59 PM »
Hmm. I'll give it a shot. Already have some things in mind that will probably have to be purchased but I'll see if I can delay as much as possible.

Good luck!

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:11:53 PM »
I'm in for this! March is my first month in 12 months that I don't have a large chunk of money going to medical bills (paid them off! woohoo!) so I am excited to have a low spend month.

My goals:

Groceries- $200
Gas- $100 (high right now, I go to PT 60 miles away and ski a few times a week 25 miles away)
Restaurants- $0
Household- $15
Personal- $20
Misc- $50

Dee_the_third

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 09:11:43 PM »
OK so here we go!

In the next week, I anticipate... no outflow. We have a full tank of gas and a stocked pantry. The main challenge will be keeping the fridge stocked with ready to eat foods.  l

Dee_the_third

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
Uuuuuugh okay, so it's two days in and it's a mess already.

Restaurant: $22/50 spent
Misc: $20/0 spent

So the misc there's no real excuse for, I went and bought a computer game without thinking it through. Restaurant a friend wanted to catch up, and the easiest was to go out.

philli14

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »
Uuuuuugh okay, so it's two days in and it's a mess already.

Restaurant: $22/50 spent
Misc: $20/0 spent

So the misc there's no real excuse for, I went and bought a computer game without thinking it through. Restaurant a friend wanted to catch up, and the easiest was to go out.

I'll join you... 280$ today on a tattoo (appointment had been scheduled for months so I knew this was an expense that was coming). On the bright side, I had budgetted for it to be in the 400-500$ range so the damage wasn't as bad as I thought!

Outside of the tattoo, I'm giving myself a little room of restaurant budget as I have friends coming to town and will be going out for sure.

GOALS

0$ shopping
50$ restaurant/eating out
30$ gas.. single fill up allowed

We'll see how it goes!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!