Author Topic: One Song Wonder: Early October  (Read 5272 times)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
Re: One Song Wonder: Early October
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »
...I got out the ice packs and put my foot up while listening to "Queen of Denial" and putting some money in my IRA...

I love that you got several necessary things done, but most of all that you used the one-song system to rest/recover/heal :)

Agree with @joonifloofeefloo , great to take care of yourself while taking care of business @Dicey :)

Today I will be utilizing this idea often as I have a list of tasks to accomplish before a 12 day trip, starting tomorrow (and I'm hosting book club tonight which includes cooking dinner for 8)

Queen Bee: Taj Mahal -start the packing process by folding the laundry
Hurt: Johnny Cash--commence packing
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:51:19 AM by Serendip »

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
Packing is mostly done, took clothes to consignment store, bought flowers, wine & now..prepping spring rolls for book club dinner tonight
Satisfied Mind: Justin Vernon

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
Agree with @joonifloofeefloo , great to take care of yourself while taking care of business @Dicey :)

Is it Dicey, is it Slicey? It's all the same in the end (everything's in little pieces). ;-)  We should start a knife company together.

Today I got myself up and out to recycle a pile of boxes (I've been saving them up for like a year... I don't order much online!) and pick up a few things at the grocery store with "Fuck La Migra" (NSFWork, or ICE agents, or most Republicans)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBGgPRWu7cM

Now I'm icing my foot again (is there an Icey on this board? We could be like Huey, Dewey, and Louie) to the more soothing sounds of Bettye Lavette, back in the good ol' days (aka the previous presidential administration). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJi6maTueSc

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2018, 11:48:11 PM »

Is it Dicey, is it Slicey? It's all the same in the end (everything's in little pieces). ;-)  We should start a knife company together.

It'll be bigger than Ginsu!

Confession time: I have not been doing anything!  Or listening to music!  Life is strange these past few days.  Maybe getting it out here will turn the trend around.  Let's find out.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »
Ainslie Wills -Mary
Sitting down, eating a savoury pinwheel, and Not Tasking. I keep downplaying how much chilling I need to properly function, and this thread is a lovely reminder

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
By yesterday afternoon, I was beyond exhausted. Today I only rested and caught up on easy things. Except I also made a little mess looking for stuff for a Thing I'm leading in two days :)   So, one song to get tidying it up!

Brahms' Piano Concerto No.2

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2018, 11:09:09 PM »
AC/DC Rock and Roll Damnation

I am back to ripping CDs.  There was a lull during some technical & personal difficulties (all minor), but all is back on track now. Yay!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2018, 10:06:31 AM »
I have extra support today (rare!!! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and want to use it to wrap up a Thing that's been hanging over my head. It's one of those situations where I don't have all the info I need. However, per tax system, I won't until after the fact, so I simply have to move forward regardless, with best ideas.

All I really need to do today is:
*find email with address, etc
*write one cheque
*prep two mailings
*put mailings in daybag

Wild, how frozen I am around these. The plan...One song per each of find email, write cheque, prep Mailing #1, prep Mailing #2, put all at door.

Song #1 - Tom Waits Hold On

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »
I DID IT!!! Just thrilled.
These are the things that are among the most difficult for me to do (brain function wise).
It took quite a while, but the items are by my door ready to go.

PLUS, with the extra support I get to walk to the business centre, where I can ship these off pronto PLUS do three more items I've been shaking over. Except for those I sing as I walk, there won't be songs involved, but the walk will help regulate me enough to approach the activity, and I'll reward myself with a half hour at a coffee shop after. Perfect.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2018, 12:59:54 PM »
@arebelspy will you please lock this thread for us?

November thread is here: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/throw-down-the-gauntlet/one-song-wonder-november/