Author Topic: October Weight Loss Challenge  (Read 502 times)

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
October Weight Loss Challenge
« on: October 05, 2018, 06:49:55 AM »
It's not as creative as Sun Hat's thread last month, but it's the 5th and I need a new thread where we can commiserate and motivate each other!

Neophyte  3 lbs
CorpRaider    4 lbs
SproutingStacheHK.  10 lbs.
Alleykat.  10 lbs
Goinganon. 9lbs
Chuck Ditallin 8 lbs
CrustyBadger 2.4 lbs
Patchyfacialhair. 3 lbs
Hirondelle.  2 lbs
Cookie78. 4lbs
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:52:26 AM by neophyte »

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
Re: October Weight Loss Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 06:55:31 AM »
I'm not sure where to set my goal for this month with all the weird things my weight has been doing lately.  Part of me would just like to consistently be under 155 by the end of the month, another part of me says that goal is too conservative and I should aim for 150. Another part says let's see where I am next week and then set my goal.

For right now I'm going to focus on meeting workout and calorie goals and worry less about what my weight is doing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:52:03 AM by neophyte »

CorpRaider

• Bristles
    • The Corpraider Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
I'm in.  Put me down for 4 lbs. 

Could you just take your budgeted calorie deficit for the month?  Like if you're running a 1000 daily calorie deficit (or planning for that), you estimate 2 lbs per week?

SproutingStacheHK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 09:24:18 AM »
I'm in too!  5lbs - and the additional goal to go to the gym at work at least twice.

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:55:18 PM »
I am in for a stretch goal of 10lbs.  I haven't been successful so far but last time I put in for 10lbs is the month I lost the most. I just happened to of gained it all back. :(.

I am really trying to control my sugar intake this month. I have only had one bad day so far and that day confirmed that I am a stress eater.

Goinganon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 05:38:30 AM »
Iím in for 9 lbs. If I can do that, Iíll be at nearly 30 lbs lost since the beginning of August.

Chuck Ditallin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
ooh, can I play, please?

Currently 13st 6 (as of the end of September, first weigh-in tomorrow!)
That's 188 of your American pounds!

As I'm down to 2 days a week at work and have a Spring marathon to run, I am living the (almost) full-time athlete* lifestyle at the moment.

Target: 8lb loss this month.

* like an athlete, but much, much slower and heavier.

CrustyBadger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 08:25:37 AM »
I'm starting at 184.4 pounds.  I would like to lose 2.4 pounds by the end of October.   I wish it could be more but I feel I am losing as much as I can right now.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
My weight seems to have stabilized at about 157 and I adjusted my goal to 3 lbs counting from this week.

I find it very difficult to stick to less than 1400 calories a day and estimates put me between 1800 and 2000 burned most days so I'm just going to aim for about a pound a week for the rest of the year. 

An aside, I'm annoyed with the google fit update. Earlier this year I religiously tracked calories, weightloss, and TDEE estimated by a couple different apps. Google TDEE estimate - calories in fit my weightloss over two months almost perfectly. After the update it's giving me rediculous numbers, like 26 calories a day. My Fitness Pal seems to wildly overestimate my calorie burn and rate of weightloss for some reason. At least I have a decent idea of what I burn though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:44:37 AM by neophyte »

patchyfacialhair

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 11:34:31 AM »
I weighed in at 203.0 this morning. I want to be sub 200 by Halloween.

Chuck Ditallin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »
1lb off, 7 to go!

I find MFP to be wildly optimistic about calorie burn for exercise, so I edit their figures to match what my watch and heart rate monitor suggest. I tend to lose a little more than MFP suggests, but this is a good thing!

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:25 AM »
I was 154.6 this morning which means 2 things:
1. My weight hadn't stabilized as much as I thought yet.
2. I'm equal to my lowest ever adult weight and now weigh about as much as I did when I was 12!  Still a long way to go, but it gives me motivation.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 06:56:56 AM »
Joining in late. Last week I weighed in at about 63 kg and I'm aiming for a 2 lbs/1 kg loss this month.

SproutingStacheHK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
Weighed myself this morning, and I have smashed my goal!  Nearly 8lbs down after just over a week - suddenly going from a terrible, fizzy-drink filled diet to proper sensible eating gets those early results... I hereby revise my goal to 10lbs.  Thanks a million for starting the challenge, neophyte!  Just what I needed to get myself going.  Now to keep at it (my grocery bill is looking amazingly low, too, which is really helping with the motivation.)

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
    • Cookie's Goals
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 10:14:14 AM »
4 pounds for me.

Was away the past 11 days and lost most of that already. Hopefully I can kick ass on the last half of the month too.